obstacles are to be ovrcome not ignored

Kaly

POSTED: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Alright; so he had finally joined the courtier pack and to some varying degree adjusted to the different lifestyle in which he had once been a part of, sure the finer details would take just a little longer but he would be fien with time. Of all the things in which he were most happy about was being so close to his children rather than being seperated from them - even if the distance may have been almost insignificant as far as some situations could be - it felt so good to not have that worry anymore.

A small smile drifted across Kira's features as green eyes drifted to the young boy who had become his near constant shadow after recent times, strange as it had been to have Ajax for company at the same time it had felt so nice to know he would be able to see the boy and his sister near everyday and no longer miss out on any future potential events within their lives unless circumstances plotted against Kira in that respect. Though at this particular moment in time it were not this that were momentarily consuming Kira's thoughts, no; his thoughts were on something else entirely.

"Dad? Are you daydreaming again? What are you thinking about?" Aja's quiries were more than enough to tug the older male from his thoughts and turn his attention to his son and offer a gentle smile before simply offering a mildly dismissive shrug. Well, what could Kira truly tell his son? Especially when what he had been allowing his mind to mull over he could not truly be certain how best to go about? Namely because like with any individual pack protocol - or whatever one would want to call it - were different.

"I'm sorry Ajax, I didn't mean to ignore you truly I didn't." Kira genuinely apologized, wel it did seem unfair that he would not make more of an effort to focus his attention to where it were needed rather than be so distracted. Thankfully though the boy seemed - as were thankfully often the case - to be in a forgiving mood, offering a smile in return for the older's male's as the pair's route took them into the hotel.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:46 pm

She had doused herself with rosewater, something she had traded for recently from a stranger. It was supposed to be good for drinking or something, but Kalypso liked the fragrant scent it imparted on her fur. Especially considering that it was likely obvious to anyone over a certain age that she was pregnant. Hell, getting slightly thicker around the middle was proving a more obvious mark, too, as the time ticked past halfway to giving birth.

It left her agitated, to be sure. Still, she tugged on the light dress and, for good measure, added the jacket despite the heat of the day and lack of need. Fingers had smoothed the dress over her belly, but there was no denying it that it was pulled tight enough across a growing bulge.

Kalypso sighed as she walked, still unable to figure out what it was she thought about the whole ordeal. She certainly had not talked to Chaska about it, nor did she feel that she honestly would want to. He would know whose children they were, probably. Unless he assumed she was as loose a woman as she felt after that night. She would not have blamed him for it. At times, she wondered if she was that loose of a person to get so drunk and sleep with someone she had no real desires towards.

She would not make him claim them, at least. They were her children in the end and if he wanted a part of it, he could simply guard her. That was all.

A snippet of conversation caught her ear and her instinct was to turn the other direction entirely. But she could not avoid everyone just because of her condition. It was not reasonable. She had to be there for her pack, she was Queen.

Hello, Kira, she greeted, seeing her nephew walking behind the man and looking as awed by him as he likely felt. She did not know the man very well, but knew from Abigail's conversations that he was the father of her children and that he was finally there to join them properly. You do seem a bit distracted, she said as she approached him, fighting the roiling need to bolt to somewhere quiet.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Understandably despite any reassurances in which the yonger boy may have received from his father it were surprisingly clear just how much trouble Ajax may have had in to whatever dgree truly believing his father's reassurances that it were just a simple minor distraction that had - for however long - tugged his attention away. Guilt were quick to pass over Kira's features as his green orbs came to rest upon Ajax as the younger boy continued to fix his father with a concerned look, to the point where some form of apology began to form upon the older male's lips.

Though even before he had a chance to do such a thing did a slight change seem to come over Ajax, whatever concern that may have flashed across the boy's features were forced aside first upon hearing the voice then seeing Kalypso appear was more than enough for the boy to forget about his father for a moment and dare to approach the older woman. "Auntie Kaly." Was all that erupted forth in way of greeting from Ajax as he dared to approach her, a grin quick to form and fix itself upon his maw while Kira in turn also turn to focus his attention upon Kalypso and doing the right thing by offering something of a sheepish look upon his features. "In that case I am even more sorry about it, but my greetings to you too." Kira offered, a combined look of awkwardness and cheeriness forming upon his features as the realisation of just who he had begun to converse with. Though then again maybe that were not too much of a bad thing either.

"Though maybe if you do not mind and can spare me just a little time maybe you could help me with something? For although I am getting used to life here there are some things that would be better suited in asking you about?" Kira dared to finally ask, uncertainty now fixing itself firmly upon his features.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:50 pm

--

Auntie Kaly. She certainly liked the sound of that title, spoken with some level of affection which surprised her somewhat. Kalypso gave a very warm smile to her nephew and laughed as she ruffled the hair atop his head. Regardless of if she was hormonal or not, she had a soft spot for the children of her family. It was some odd, maternal instinct that didn’t really fade.

Or maybe it was the pregnancy and the hormones that were drowning her in a tidal pool every moment it possible could. Perhaps, were she in a fouler

The Reine did wave a hand, dismissing his apologies. It was more that she had stumbled upon the two of them and interrupted whatever it was they were doing. Though curiosity fluttered upon her features as the man asked for her help. A brow rose after a moment as she took a moment to feign thoughtful consideration.

I would be happy to help but Abigail is also equally happy to oblige. She’d probably be just as helpful, too, she added. Likely as not, it was more of an issue that he did not think he could go to the mother of his children with, since there was really no good reason to seek out the Queen over the older sister. Abigail was more experienced and a good deal closer to the man that stood before her.

Kaly glanced at her nephew, wondering if he knew. Heck, even he ought to have been helpful despite his youth.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:09 pm

OOC; Sorry for the wait on this!

A simple wag of his tail and his grin broadening further as Ajax's features creased cheerily as his hair were ruffled, the boy were due some credit as he made every effort to resist the temptation to react more to the point where it may have been pushing the limits to what may have been appropriate. Namely to hug the Reine or otherwise show some other display of affection towards the older female, but of course the boy restrained himself somewhat and simply accepting what happened to come his way.

The older male that was Kira in turn relaxed a little at first the dismisal of his apology then the confirmation of Kalypso's willingness to offer her help were more than enough to get the older male relaxing and taking several moments to gather his thoguhts before he dared to speak. "Oh I understand that she would certainly be more than happy to offer her help, but it is because this is about Abigail that I think it is better to speak to you instead. Not that it is anything bad of course." Kira spoke, quick to offer his reassurances firstly due to the puzzlement that formed upon his son's features and any that may emerge upon the Reine's features.

Only here and ow did Kira pause and inhale deeply before finally continuing to offer up what were on his mind.
"You are aware that although I have come to reside here with Abi and the children there is so far nothing more official between us, I was hoping to change that. But wished to find out what would be the best route to do so; as I can imagine you have different customs to Casa. And of course after all the trouble the court suffered before I came here want to be able to do something that would make it a happy memory after so much sadness." he finally dared explain.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:15 pm

--

Kalypso had to raise a brow speculatively when it seemed that Abigail would be the wrong party for help. That was a first but it certainly peaked her curiosity something fierce. Something to do with her half-sister that did not also involve her participation? Curious.

She nodded along to his explanation, shifting her weight from one foot to the other as she listened. Her grin widened as she realized what it was Kira wanted from her and from Abigail. He wanted a mateship and that was definitely something Kalypso was more than happy to oblige in the planning for. What a reserved man, thought the Reine, surprised that neither of them had taken the plunge on their own. So suited for one another that it was almost infuriating.

Your consideration for the Court is.. well, I appreciate it. She paused, inspecting the man more thoroughly before looking down at her nephew. What did the two children think of the idea? Likely as not, they'd be thrilled their parents properly tied the knot, so to speak. And it's relatively simple for the Court. We can do it one of two ways. A wonderful public spectacle for everyone to enjoy, or we can simply announce your mateship and leave it at that.

She took yet another pause and then looked very pointedly at Kira, the man who was of an age with her deceased father. Honestly, a public ceremony would probably be a good way to remind everyone that there's nothing to worry over now, a happy memory as you said. She knew it would perk a whole lot of them right up having something worth celebrating.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:20 pm

OOC; Ridiculously short reply. SORRY! Muse died. . . . .

Yes it were true that in some ways Kira expected certain aspects of life here in the court would be a little similliar in certain ways to what he had already been used to when he had once been a cavalier, but all the same it were always better to check rather than simply assume right? So to go silent and listen to what Kalypso had to say was in turn more than enough to get him relaxing and daring to allow a small smile to form upon his maw as he came to understand that maybe it would be as the Reine said and make what he had queried a public affair rather than anything else given the past and most recent circumstances.

The fact that as he put forth this query and such to the pregnant female and she in turn offered her thoughts the cheery reaction of Ajax as the gravity of what were being spoken of sunk in made it all the more clearer to the older male that just maybe it were the best way to go.

"In which case That certainly sounds like the best way to go, thank you my Reine." Were all the thanks in which Kira could - for now - manage in regards to the wise words she had offered.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:01 pm

we can close here or with your reply :>

Kalypso could see that he was a very stoic sort of man, but she did not know him well. Likely, it was just a general politeness considering the disparity between their ranks. Granted, Kalypso herself outranked everyone, so it was not a difficult thing to experience. It could annoy all day long, but it was unavoidable.

She did smile at the man, though. It would be appreciated, and I’m sure the family will go out of their way to help so neither of you will need to do much more than show up looking pretty. That was how she would have wanted it to be, at least. Why would a bride or groom want to put in all the effort on a spectacle? If they didn’t want to be fussed over, they could do it the simpler route and simply make it official.

But where was the fun in that?

Let us know how soon you’d like it, and we’ll plan accordingly. There was suddenly an air of finality about her, as though the Reine was eagerly winding down the conversation. But she was also of fickle mood and knew it was liable to change soon. She paused audible, looking intently at the man who wanted to marry her half-sister. Unless there’s something else? she said with raised brows, waiting.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

Dead Topics