Kal

POSTED: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:35 pm

Khyren
a calm voice from within the silence
Optime | High-noon July 25| The Gates
DM me if I need to change anything :)
WORD COUNT
300+

Khyren's life has been so busy since she rejoined Casa Di Cavalieri. The returning cavalier had filled up as many hours of her life as she could working around the camp or hunting for the pack. Time on the side she spent preparing and tanning hides and furs. Only on a few occasions was she able to spend time with her good friend, Munroe. The Knight whom she deemed her greatest friend and hoped someday to claim it to be more. Having been so busy, she hadn't much use for the furs and pelts that began to pile up in her room. Bringing some to others in the pack that could be off use, she then set off to trade the rest with their most friendly neighbour.

Taking her time, the large woman travelled slowly but steadily. On her back was a travel sack full of leather and pelts of different varieties. She left her bow and arrow back at the Fort, it would only be a burden to her on the journey. Never did she leave without her trusty knife sheathed securely on her ankle cuff. Not used to not having her bow, the dark wolf felt uneasy and underprotected though she knew she was fully capable of hunting for a meal and taking care of herself without it.

After being on the road a few days, Khyren was finally inside Cour Des Miracles territory. Awkward and uneasy was she, not used to going into other packs lands but knowing all would be well as Casa and The Court were on very good relations--her fur still prickled with anxiety despite that comfort. The scarred woman walked right to the gates of the large building before her. She recognized it at the main stay of the pack but had an uneasy feeling around her being here. Considering turning around and leaving, she grounded herself and just held on to the straps of her back sack right while gazing upward at the tattered shingles of the once well established hotel.

Template by Andi
Last edited by Khyren on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khyren
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Hey so it would have taken her maybe the better part of a day to travel from CdC to CdM c: souls travel guide

She was round, visibly round, and Kalypso hated every moment of that roundness of pregnancy. She hated the feeling of being filled out in all the worst ways. Most of all, she hated feeling like a lumbering giant incapable of doing anything on her own. Since her return from wandering the territories outside of the Court, she felt that confinement was the necessary thing. A goose had assailed her and she returned home with sore feet. It was time to settle and her bed called to her more loudly than it had ever in the past.

Yet, duty remained and so the rotund Queen made her way through the rounds. She avoided patrol mostly, unless she itched for a walk to stretch her legs. After a particularly short walk that day, Kalypso returned to the Hotel to the comfort of her beautiful, beautiful bed. It was practically a daydream for the heavy woman as she practically waddled her way back, yet she wistfully thought to when the new village would be done and they could all be sleeping in more practical, more cozy dome dens.

Daydreaming aplenty, she froze when an unfamiliar figure was standing in the gateway to the Hotel. Her hands reflexively closed over her belly, but she forced her hands away from the swell of her mountainous stomach.

The smell of the woman was Casa, though her lips were still tight in a frown. She always forgot that they had free roaming in each other's packs, but it still unnerved her. The woman ought to have called at the borders just to warn them that she was present. Still, she smoothed her face of that distaste and saddled up to the stranger, as best as she could with belly before her.

We seem to have a guest. Are you here for a brief stay, Cavalier? she asked, pointedly, from behind the scarred woman.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:05 am

Khyren was pulled out of her daze and flinched at the sudden sound of another in her presence. Turned around sharply, she relaxed seeing another female before her. The woman had a strong scent of Cour Des Miracles and a strong look about her despite being heavily pregnant. Khyren dipped her head respectfully then looked back to the member of The Court with a small smile. "Yes, indeed," She replied curtly, but with no ill will. Her voice as smooth as silk but deeper and lower then the average female, her faded accent noticable and present in her speech. "Here to trade." The large woman added with a reajustment of the straps of her haversack about her broad shoulders. She hoped to have lightened her load a bit before she left the territories back to her home pack in a day or two. "If you'll have me. I'm Khyren." She gave a fake smile, trying to be a friendly and social wolf was draining, defiantly not her strong suit.

The battle scarred woman wondered to herself whom She was speaking with. The lady was finely clothed, much better then herself. She knew that this pack had some sort of royalty within their ranks and wondered if his woman was one of such ranked canines. Royalty was one word which she still did not understand fully. It's significance she knew to have a place in others mind of respect and leadership, but she did not see the title any greater then one of what Khyren would call her Lune and his children. Accept that this title of Royalty could be something passed down by blood. This was highly confusing to her as she saw no real purpose to that trait of Royalty because then no harder working and better individual of a different bloodline would ever get the chance to "claim the throne" and lead the pack. The trader had so many questions about Cour Des Miracles.

Recruit
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Okay! Wasn't sure if it was deliberate but it's also a resource I personally forget about too often :sweatdrop:

The Cavalier's words were clipped, short, and accented. Kalypso did her best not to point out that there was so little meat to the speech, merely blinking as the woman spoke in a deeper than average voice. She herself had a slightly lower voice, more warm, like coconut on the Caribbean wind. But, the battle-worn woman seemed to have earned a more raggedly low voice, while Kalypso bore hers born of the tropical sun.

You are welcome here to trade, Cavalier, she answered smoothly. She shifted her weight from one leg to the other, the motion almost heavier than she liked considering the heavy load on the bottom of her abdomen. The creatures within wriggled merrily, as though it were a motion meant to make them dance. She pressed a hand stiffly on them, wishing they would cease the movement. It was an odd sensation of limbs moving within a swelling belly.

I am Kalypso, Reine of the Court, she added simply, almost tiredly. It was mostly her pregnancy wearing her out, but the idea of an interaction in her state was equally tiring.

Come, I'll show you the stores in the Hotel and then we can discuss what you want to trade, she said after a moment of inspecting the scarred woman and deciding that there was nothing more to say. Kalypso brushed past and moved toward the Hotel, shepherding the woman inside and up the stairs to the second floor's storage rooms. There was a good deal of junk - in her opinion, at least - but there could still be value to them. Old cloth in rolls from a long-dead Dauphin, more scrap than intact, bone utensils, old things. Old, human things. Plenty to trade away.

Kalypso turned to the Cavalier. What are you looking for? Or, perhaps, what are you looking to be rid of? A simple place to start.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:16 pm

The dark wolfess nodded in thanks and dipped her head once more to the other woman. It soothed her nerves to be welcomed in some sense by a member of The Court. Khyren wondered what it ment to be a Reine of the Court. It sounded awful like "reign" and she assumed it must to a high ranking status to be named Reine. "Good to meet you, Kalypso." Giving room to her hostess, the large female followed behind as they entered the gates and into the hotel.

She did not linger much and but stayed back and kept pace with the woman as Kaly was carrying a litter, she assumed the Reine would be a little bit slower then usual. As she was herded up the stairs and into the storage area, her emerald gaze looked about the rooms. There were so much things, all sorts of things, some things she had never seen. Curbing her curiosity, Khyren looked back at the woman as she spoke to her about what the trader had come for.

"I bring with me some leather and furs that may be of some use to you and your pack," Looking around the place though, she noticed cloth and other compliments of garments. Maybe not so much.. but she did not let her heart sink to soon. They might be willing to trade such cloth for her leather.

Setting down her large haversack, the woman placed out a few folded stacks of soft tanned leather and some hard that may be used for armor or accessories. Three stacks: two of the soft leather and one of the hard, contained 4 large folded pieces each of deer hide. On a stinger of sorts: she had quite a few furs from small animals such as squirrel, rabbit, and one mink she had chanced upon catching on a walk. They were finely tanned and soft on the inside and well brushed on the outer. Top half of the skull, ears, and claws remained intact on a few of the individual furs. She had twelve total of the small furs 5 rabbit, 7 squirrel, and 1 mink. Having got all these furs was another story. One would say she had to much of a habit of killing for sport on her free time if she had any. The only thing that remained in her pack was two large deer pelts. "I will offer to trade any of these for some cloth, twine, maybe some metal?" She tried to think of things Casa may be short on. Cloth and metal were always in demand. "Anything of interest to you?" The fur trader inquired.
Recruit
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:09 pm

The other woman seemed enamored with the quantity of things in the store room but Kalypso had never felt in too much awe of it. Her mother had run goods and she had seen actual wonders come off the ships that traversed the Caribbean and the coasts of two continents. This room was barely more than plebeian by her accounts but she made no sound against the interest in the woman's eyes. It would have been biting and a mockery if she bothered to comment on it, and Kalypso was trying to be far more political than that.

Furs and hides? She hid her disappointment. Fur and hides anyone could get, though it was quality that always won out in the end. Her eyes did get a little greedy at the soft rabbit and mink, gaze briefly flickering to the various deer hides that seemed to accumulate in the room. Softer varieties rarely ended up in storage, used for trade and other things. Kalypso ran her hand carefully over the nearest rabbit hide, interest obvious as she stroked the dead but useful remnant of a living creature.

The rabbit and the mink. As well as the soft leather, I think, she said finally, after inspecting the material. Squirrel was small if nice, but she did not much care for the coloration. It was petty of her since she had to think of the pack. She was, after all, not trading for just herself.

Kalypso looked up as she rested a hand on the table, clicking her nails on the surface a moment as she thought. She put up a hand and turned to a shelf, digging through a collection of bowls and baskets. Shuffling noises echoed about her as she pushed something this way and moved something another way. Twine and rope were things she herself knew how to make from living in a port town. It was simply expected of her. It was a mindless past-time that could ease any anxieties.

She plopped a very full skein of twine proudly on the table. How many feet, she couldn't fathom, but it was quite long. Made myself, took a bit of time. As for cloth, added the Queen as she turned about to face the remnants of the cloth that lingered. Not much of good quality was left but it wasn't unexpected. There were tailors in the pack that likely had come and taken what was left. She sighed as she found a bit of folded red patterned cloth with weird patterned shapes in it. The material was old, faded, and needed to be cleaned. It was perhaps folded over several times. Hardly a roll of cloth but it was intact and not eaten by moths.

We don't have much cloth left, to be honest. The rolled ones are probably about the same, but they're not great, she admitted as she set the material down on the table. And waited.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:12 am

Khyren watched with a small smile at the woman's interest growing in her furs. The obvious greed for the quality furs was not unexpected and quite welcomed. The dark warrior had alot to trade and hopefully alot to bring back home to her pack in the aftermath. Kaly would impact that outcome if it comes to a deal between them. Once they were both satisfied they would leave with selfish hearts. No doubt something was surely brewing between the minds of both females. A compromise, satisfaction, a trade done well.

As the Reine brought out the twine and cloth, her own interest peaked. The twine was well made, and as the other woman claimed to have made it herself, Khyren's brown raised momentarily as she eyed the item. The cloth may not be in of great style, faded it still would be useful and intact it made for a good specimen to the Cavalier. Not nearly as luxurious as the Reine's, Khyren was more of a humble heart.

"These are good enough," She replied calmly. "If you have another roll of that twine I'd give you four rabbit furs for both. And a soft leather for a cloth?" Khyren always put the upmost effort into making her furs and hides as high quality as she could. It didn't take much, with her experience, but it was time spent.

She began speculating, bargaining in her head the possibilities. Kalypso may counter her trade with a different bargain as she had not offered up the mink. Khyren hoped to hook the other woman into more trade with the mink. The art of a bargain. She never ment any disrespect, it was a job, for the good of both parties they both had to agree and this is what she would trade if that was the member of the Court was willing to offer.

Bringing her hand to her chin she pondered a moment. "Anything else you think might still be useful in here?" She asked trying to humor Kalypso, with an undertone of dissatisfaction with what the Reine had put forth thus far. There must be more, this both woman were not just trading for themselves after all.
Last edited by Khyren on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khyren
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:08 pm

The offer was a good start, clearly, but Khyren seemed more skilled at trading that Kalypso thought at first. There was a slight look of appreciation and something akin to respect in her gaze as she gave a pondering hum. It was clear that there was some understanding the value of things or that her own selfish, greedy glance had been noted by the other woman. But, Kaly had not expected the scarred woman to be savvy at all, what with the battle scars that covered so much of her body.

Warriors were not often the best at trading, though she knew of several that had clear understanding of the value of their time, effort, and lives; she ought not to be quite so quick to judge a person based on appearance, even if her judgments were sometimes right.

Kalypso looked at the rabbit fur and tilted her head a little. Soft leather for the cloth is acceptable to me. It was the one part of the deal that the Queen was happy to part with. The cloth in the storage room needed to go and she was keen to replace it with fur of superior quality. If any of their tailors could weave, that would have been a boon but no one seemed to understand how wool worked.

More things to find solutions to. A queen's job never ended.

Looking down at the mink, she pursed her lips before spinning about with greater speed than a heavily pregnant woman ought to have had. She found another half roll of twine, clearly used already by someone else. However, she scooted to a different shelf and grabbed a small basket that was deceptively heavier than she thought.

She put the half-full roll on the table and then made a selection of nearly two dozen very nicely shaped, green and blue colored sea-glass nearly the size of her thumb. Sea-glass, clear and ready to use in crafting. Some match your eyes, too, she added raising a brow as she let the shards clatter to the table, careful to keep them from falling to the floor. For the rabbits and the mink, she added, eyes narrowing a moment before she waited.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Though the smoky wolf was both a warrior and a huntress, she was also an experienced trader. For the past two years she had been making her living as a fur trader before joining Casa Di Cavalieri and bringing all of these with her and more. Though back then trades consisted of items more akin to surviving day to day life as a loner: food, weapons, herbs and security. This here was more on the grounds of not what they needed, but what they desired.

Khyren may not be a social woman, but she knew what to say and when it say it when it came to things like this. It was a game of chess but both should win in the end. She was not one to con another out, though, she was fair for the most part--especially to those she respected. Kalypso was one such individual of status, and as a carrying mother, an individual she could look upon with empathy. She had been in the same place before, but because of much more sinister of circumstances.

Happy to here the other female satisfied with part of her trade, her back straightened and she smiled respectfully. "I'll take as much cloth as you can give me for my soft leather," She did not mean in a way to bump up the price but more of a friendly "I'll take it off your hands then for that price which we already agreed on, might as well take it all really" as the Reine didn't seem very concerned with giving up the faded fabric. She had quite a few soft leather she could part with herself. And if she could get rid of one stack of four pieces of folded soft leather for four small yet dirty and faded rolls of cloth, it would be a great deal to the huntress.

As for the new offer Kal laid on the table, Khyren's own greed started flowing. She dare not show it of course, not that it was hard to keep her emotions hidden from others. A few of the beads in her own mane were of sea-glass, but not nearly as beautiful as these. There was quite alot here. She feigned to ponder a moment with her brow furrowed and then put her hands on her hips and looked over to the other woman with a nod. "Deal" She slapped her palms together and took the mink into her hands for security. "I'll give you the mink for the two dozen, three rabbit-" Because the second roll of twine was only half full, she noticed, "And the a soft leather for each roll of cloth," though they were barely rolls at all, she did not mind,

She finished, but not before a small glint sparkled in her eyes as they strayed back to her bag and she pulled out a bright white fur. It was of a squirrel, but oddly pale and white as snow. It was of a white morph grey squirrel, it was quite a sight. Khyren had seen an albino one before, but only once and this one had had black eyes not pink and on the pelt a small black dot like a star was on the place between where it shoulders would have been. "Take this for yourself and your pups," It was a formal offer of the gift but also one purely of respect for the woman's taking in the art of the trade and of all things they would both be getting out of it. She hoped Kaly may make something of use out of it to remember their trade and also for her pups who seemed to be coming soon.

Khyren had always had a soft spot for mothers and pups. She did not wish to patronize them, but more the respect she had for all mothers did and for the curious hearts of the ones so young and innocent to life did she want to express.
Recruit
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:51 pm

--

Kalypso knew that the deal on the table was more than generous, but there was so much valuable sea-glass on their shores that she had no worry over the cost. She would speak to Abigail about it and suggest that they expand their glass operations to bring more trade to them from the Outpost. Plenty had to be discussed between them, it seemed, especially as her time drew closer and there would be a far more distracted Queen sitting on the throne.

As much as she wanted leather, she did not want to trade all of what the Court had. It was not wise and she did not know exactly what lingered in the stores.

The deal went through, however, and the Reine beamed. She nodded her head in acceptance of the deal. She pushed the small mound of sea-glass crystals forward toward the scarred woman without hesitation. It was a good deal, one that she was more than happy to take. It would enrich them, at least, to have useful things, she thought as she pulled the basket toward her.

Jewelry making might be lucrative yet, if they could only optimize what they did with the raw material.

But the Reine blinked in surprise at the white pelt that was thrust upon her, as a gift for her upcoming birth. Warmth flooded her ears and an uncontrolled expression of gratitude filled her features.

Thank you, she began, blinking at the woman. That is most generous of you and greatly appreciated. It meant that she would likely feel obliged to bring something to Casa in order to reciprocate the gift, especially of something quite lovely. She refrained from stroking it but did look down at it a moment.

Is there something else we can do for you? You’re welcome to stay if you need, she offered after a moment’s thought, knowing that guest-rights were always there for members of the Cavaliers from the Court. They had, after all, once been one.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

Dead Topics