The coast disappeared when the sea drowned the sun

P. Khyren

POSTED: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:03 pm

Word had reached her of a visitor from Casa di Cavalieri, the description of which sounded distinctly familiar. Thyri's tail swept lazily from side to side, the memory of her first encounter with the woman pleasant in her mind. Though the circumstances surrounding their meeting had not be particularly happy, at least not on her end, Thyri felt that she had made a friend out in the Overgrowth Sunrise, that day after her father's death.

Trade had been talked of then, but Thyri had had nothing on her person with which to trade. Instead, a promise of sorts had been made. "If you're ever near the Court," she remembered telling her. "I would be happy to take you up on your offer." As she padded through the Court at an easy lope, now on two legs rather than the four she had first met the woman in, the Chambellan wondered if she was, in fact, here to trade.

"Khyren?" she asked, her pale jade eyes quizzical at first, and then softening to joy as recognition set in. A smile stretched her lips and crinkled the corners of her eyes. Thyri approached the dark woman. "I thought it was you. Is it trade that brings you to the Court?" she asked pleasantly, looking the wolf – now a Cavalier, she had been delighted to hear – over. "Or something else?"

OOC: Please let me know if anything needs changing! <3

[WC — 230]

don't leave this world to me
Cour des Miracles
Chambellan
Mandi
Ægishjálmr: Helm of Awe
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend

POSTED: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Khyren
a calm voice from within the silence
Optime | Outside the Hotel
good starter ^^
WORD COUNT
200+

After trading with the royal, Kal, and talking with her a little bit, the fur trader from Casa Di Cavalieri settled herself into a guest room for the night. That morning she traded a few pieces of leather and fur with the residence and gained a few pieces of jewelry, cloth, food, and one single piece of metal that can be used in blacksmithing. She had a few furs left but no more leather; a deer pelt, two rabbit pelts, and three squirrel pelts, and pine martin. The large woman kept them in her hackensack. Today she was gonna chat with a few more members of thr Court and see if she could trade the rest of the furs for other products and services before returning home.

Hearing someone behind her say her name, Khyren turned around and smiled warmly, recognising the face before her. "Come to take me up on my offer, Thyri?" The black pelted wolf asked jokingly with an undertone of genuine curiosity. "I am indeed." The cavalier answered courtly but without ill will.

Khyren was glad to see a familiar face around here. She had never visited a pack on trading affairs before on her own, and it comforted her to know she would be in the company of a friend. Ever since their first meeting a moon or two ago after Thyri's unfortunate loss, she felt she made a new friend--which was something that didn't happen often.

Template by Andi
Khyren
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:46 pm

In stark contrast to their first meeting, which had been steeped in sadness and grief, there was a transformative quality to the woman's demeanor and posture. Her step was lighter, her smile brighter, her pelt healthier. The gloom in her eyes was replaced with a gleam that had more to do with being in love than it did with the unexpected appearance of a friend, though seeing Khyren within the borders of the Court certainly lifted her spirits to new heights.

She stopped in front of the dark woman, her tail sweeping cheerfully behind her. "If trade is what you're here for," she smiled. "Then certainly, yes." And, indeed, the Cavalier was. "I heard that we had a visitor from Casa, but I didn't expect it to be you! When did you join?" she asked, looking Khyren up and down approvingly. "How have you been?"

It was important to Thyri to catch up with Khyren before turning the conversation back to the prospect of trade. "I've been thinking of some simple armor," she said, gesturing to one forearm with her other hand. "Something to protect my arms, for sure. You work with leather, right?" She paused and then added, "I could provide you with herbs and seeds – things to promote healing and alleviate aches – but I'm afraid I don't have much else."

[WC — 228]

Cour des Miracles
Chambellan
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend

POSTED: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:11 pm

The dark wolfess was happy to see her friend in a much better state then when they first meet that fateful day in the neutral lands. Thyri seemed noticeablely pipper and happier--as was for Khyren. Since they had both returned to their packs after that day, everything was looking up for the women. Though the pale female should have not been this happy to see her, Khyren did not complain. It was odd, but she was just glad that Thyri was feeling better. The aura about Thyri made the cavalier happier just in the presence of her friend, or so she wished to call Thyri a friend.

Khyren glowed in Thyri's presence as she spoke of the dark woman and examined her approvingly. It definantly inflated her self-esteem, but part of her thought Thyri was just pitying her. Khyren was working on self-love, but it is hard when your scars remind you of all the horrible things that have happened. But she smiled in genuine gratitude and raised a brow at Thyri. "I joined not long after we last spoke. Might I say though, you are looking quite well." She commented with a with a small chuckle and a teasing smirk. Khyren praised herself for gaining actual social skills over the past few years. "I'm doing great, it's good to have a home," Good to be back home. though there were many other reasons why she was enjoying being a part of Casa Di Cavalieri, she did not say.

Reminising for a moment, the woman remembered the years she spent as a loner; finding herself and coming to terms with everything that had happened in her life. It was one of the hardest things she had ever done, mentally that is. She was stubborn, and quite slow to change. Change was part of life, though, she is bound to accept it. She would never get used to it, however.

Back to their present conversation, Thyri mentioned leather working and Khyren nodded. "I do. It would take me a moon or so to get something like that done, but I would happily oblige." She certainly would for a friend, and most definantly for a profit. Herbs and seeds were quite valuable to Khyren, the warrior huntress would most certainly make some fine quality armor for the maiden in return. She was reminded that she was not just trading for herself, though. "That will do just fine," She waved a hand to ensure Thyri it would surely be a good enough trade.

Last edited by Khyren on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khyren
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Indeed, it seemed to Thyri that both of them looked – and were – better now than when the two women first met. For the wheaten Dawnbringer, her grief had subsided to a more manageable level. And, of course, there was Merlin. Since the old friends had reunited, so, too, had their feelings for one another been rediscovered. And, when one was in love, it felt as though the very world was filled with bright and golden light.

But for Khyren, the Courtier thought that perhaps her reintegration into Casa culture was what made her seem so much happier to Thyri. She nodded approvingly when her dark friend confirmed she had joined the pack. Indeed, it was always good to have a place to call home. "I'm glad to hear that, Khyren," she replied, then smiled. "You, too! I think that we're both of us much better than the last time we were together."

Though she was a better warrior and herbalist than she was a merchant, Thyri recognized the value of some things. Armor, of course, was valuable to her, but she also saw the importance of seeds that could be grown into useful plants. It seemed that Khyren, too, recognized this. "If you feel it would be a more appropriate exchange, I could prepare my herbs into some balms, tinctures, and tea mixtures for ready usage. But seeds, of course, could be used to grow more of these herbs."

Sadly, she had lost a number of her medicinals when Treska had destroyed her hotel room during Mistral's reign, and she had not done as much foraging to restock her loss as she should have, but she had done some and there was enough for her to trade with. If it would take a moon for Khyren to complete her commission, Thyri thought that that would give her plenty of time to harvest more wild herbs as well. "What do you think?"

OOC: Yeeeee! :3

[WC — 324]

Cour des Miracles
Chambellan
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend

POSTED: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:14 am

Khyren herself was driven for change. Though very uncomfortable, she had feared it, rarely venturing out of her comfort zone--but this was on a whole difforent level. Being friendly, and social was one of the biggest challenges for her yet. Change like this, she assumed, would be good in the end as she would gain a friend and a good trade out of it as well. Thyri was a respectable figure and Khyren felt worthy enough of her friendship, as hard as it was for Khyren to be social at times.

Much better then the last time, she summerized in her own mind and smiled, abit awkwardly but the dark wolfess was trying. "I have reconnected with Munroe, thankfully, and I would say we are on good terms," A glimmer of longing reflected on her lazy eyes as she thought what the Knight was doing back at home. Also, she remembered that Thyri had met Munroe as well and thought that maybe it would be fun if the three maybe "hung out" sometime. Doing what, she did not know, but hopefully maybe something like that may happen in the future.

Thyri's offer was more then favorable to Khyren as they talked outside the ominous Hotel. "That will be just fine," She motioned with a wave of her hand. "What is your pack like? I am a bit curious..." The scarred warrior admitted with a look around them and an ajustment of the straps around her shoulders. "Though you can show me around and such after we trade if you like?" Her inqiury was flavored with a hint of restraint, wondering if she had any bounds to be asking such questions around here.
First Cadet (NPC)
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Munroe. She pictured the man in her mind and smiled warmly at Khyren, genuinely pleased that she had reconnected with him. They had met first when Thyri was a member of Casa, and got caught up with one another during the inter-pack ball. Though she knew little more about him than those things that lay at the surface, for all to see, she thought positively of him and was glad that he and her friend had reunited on good terms. "I'm happy for you, Khyren," she replied, her tail sweeping behind her.

As conversation shifted to trade, the shieldmaiden nodded in approval. "I can harvest more, too," she added. "Between now and when you complete the piece. But I'll provide you what I can." When the dark woman admitted to being curious about the Court, Thyri's smile deepened and she shifted her pale jade eyes from Khyren to their surroundings. Cour des Miracles was home in a way few other places had ever been, but it was always a challenge to describe it precisely. To her, the Court was a feeling of belonging and of warmth and of acceptance. It was family and it was pride and it was safety. Thyri looked back at Khyren, her smile never fading.

"I'd be happy to show it to you," she replied instead, deciding that it would be better for the dark woman to see the Court for herself and come to her own conclusions. "How about we go now?" Thyri suggested. "At least down by the shore, and perhaps to where we're building our new village. We can trade our goods afterwards."

OOC: Sorry for the wait! We could continue if you like, or wrap it up with your next post if you'd rather OOCly assume the tour and trade. I'm good with whichever! But: how adorable would it be if Khyren and Munroe went on a double-date with Thyri and Merlin? x3 I'd totally be down for this if you and Sam would!

[WC — 276]

Cour des Miracles
Chambellan
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend

Dead Topics