Grant Me This One Request

Abigail

POSTED: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:57 pm

This was it, he could not put of doing this any longer. It were in no way fair to anyone if he did not overcome this final hurdle now that he had in turn moved and now resided within the Courtier pack with his family. Kira had spent so much time recently thinking how best to go about it and even gone as far as speaking to Kalypso about whatever details that had been nagging at him that for the most part but had been mostly settled, it were just how and where he would go about it that continued to plague him. And what was it you may ask just what was causing Kira some issue and also making him somewhat restless? As strange as it may have sounded it were simply trying to find not only the best place but also the almost perfect way in which to ask Abi - his lover and mother of his precious children - to consent to being his mate.

Of course the main issue with that was given all the events that had occured in the Court's recent history and all those precious to Abi had been tragically lost was whether it would be a suitable time in which to ask her such a thing? Thankfully in Kira's heart of hearts he did belive that to some degree maybe now more than ever would be a good time to do so as it would bring some happiness after much sadness.

What had taken him so long to prepare to do this seemingly small thing was trying to find an ideal time and location that would make it all the more memorable, thankfully that was where Ajax had come in useful. It had taken a little patient probing and prising of information from the boy in regards to some of the areas within courtier lands that were firstly semi private and secondly pleasing given the circumstances of them being there. Naturally the younger boy had questioned his father just why the older male needed to know such a thing but Kira in turn had refused to share too much given he had not wished to ruin the potential surprise that it would be. After all that had Kira settled upon the area that were called Fairy Lights; from what he had been told it would be a good place to go.

So having sent Ajax off with the message for his mother to in turn meet Kira in this place once night had started to take hold, as for the children? Well they were naturally more than welcome to come along should they feel unable to keep themselves away, naturally after having done this time seemed to progress slowly but night did eventually begin to fall and Kira had made his way to the fields surrounded by woods and already little lights in the forms of small bugs were already starting to shine relatively brightly were lighting up the area and casting a gentle glow over the large area as well as Kira.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:02 am

Things felt more complete than they had in some time. There was still the glaring absence of Abigail’s parents to contend with but having Kira join the Court had helped to ease the Archiduchessa’s grief a little. Sadness still remained in her heart but it had softened from the raw anguish it had been. Regrets still played on Abi’s mind every now and then – but she was coming round to the fact that regrets were time wasted. Her parents were together, wherever they were, and that was knowledge enough to relieve some of the guilt which had been so overwhelming in the wake of Silvano’s death.

Of course, Kalypso’s insistence on Abigail having fun at the Court’s ninth year celebrations had also opened the woman’s eyes a little. That night, the Sadira woman had truly – after much cajoling from her half-sisterly Queen – allowed herself to relax; to let go of the year’s troubles and revel in the fact that the Court still stood.

And the world hadn’t come crashing down around her ears. No shadowy figures had pursued her, demanding penance for having had a good time. Her children and siblings had not been taken from her. After so many months of struggling from one catastrophe to the next, it almost felt alien to the once adventurous Princess to not have any monsters looming on the horizon.

Of course, the monsters of bad news more often simply appeared out of thin air – so when Ajax showed up with a message for his Mother, to meet Kira at the Fairy Lights, she was mildly apprehensive. For a woman who had, once upon a time, surrounded herself with tales of romance and quiet trysts in the most romantic of settings, Abigail had precious little idea why Kira had asked her to meet him there. She certainly wasn’t aware of the full reasoning behind the request – not consciously; if she had been, it wouldn’t have taken a haughty prompting from their daughter for her to drag a brush through her curly locks.

Dozens of questions hummed in the woman’s mind as she made her way out to the fields. The day had worn on long enough that the bodies of fireflies glimmered, making the place as alive with light as it was with the scent of wildflowers. The base of the gazebo still remained two years after the Red Star had fallen; it was a sign of endurance and it made Abi feel grounded as she set eyes on her Cavalier-turned-Courtier.

“I see you’ve found one of the Court’s well-kept secrets,” she called out from across the field, her warm smile illuminated by a tiny glowing body as it drifted past.

[466]
AbigailSadira

Let me light up the sky, light it up for you
Cour des Miracles
Archiduchessa
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:31 pm

Kira was in no doubt that to some varying degree he would be waiting some time - however long it mattered not - for Abigail to come and meet him here, for he knew all too well that she were indeed a busy lady and even if it had been to the point where she had been unable to come here on this particular occasion then naturally Kira could not have been able to find it in himself to hold it against her. And besides, even if he were to be effectively stood up then there were always another time and it would give him more reason to look forward to that future point even if it were to cause a certain degree of nervousness.

But all the same all Kira could do for now was wait and find out if Abigail would indeed answer his request and grace him with her pressence and while he waited absorbing and generally entertaining himself through attempting to catch one of the small glowing bodies within his hands. Not that he were overly successful but it would not stop him and in turn it eased away the time, up until his ears perked up and attention shifted around to focus upon his lovely pale courtier lady, a smile quick to form upon his features at the simple sight of her before finally nodding and gradually starting to move towards her.

"With Ajax's help of course, when he said about this place I hoped it would seem like a good place to come to." Came Kira's answer, his cheeriness momentarily giving way to mild curiousity as he came to stand before Abi and studied her in silence for what seemed to be an enternity before taking a deep breath. "But how are you doing? With everythig I mean?" Of course he did not really need to be overly specific with what were meant by this but it didn't stop him from asking and seeing hwo she were doing either.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:09 pm

The gentle glow of fireflies felt apt for a meeting with a man who had always shown Abi abundant patience and gentleness. So many times over the months – when Abigail had failed to tell him things, when she had been tied to her Courtly duties, when he’d gone without seeing his children for weeks on end – the Archiduchessa felt it would have been reasonable for Kira to demand more from her. To demand better from her. But he was always understanding, always kind.

And when he’d pledged to join the Court Abigail had vowed herself to do better. There was no excuse, now, to not be present in the moments they shared. So as the tall, pale shape of the Sadira woman crossed the glade toward a man lit by fireflies, she was mindful of every brush of stalks against her ankles and every hint of glowing colour the friendly insects and the sky lent her man.

It was easy, in times of strife, not to feel blessed. Grief had had a choking hold on Abigail for as many months as she could remember – but recently she’d felt that vice-like grip ease off a little. She could breathe again, and when she breathed in the scents of wildflowers and the man she loved and had loved in spite of it all, she found it easy to count her blessings.

Abigail smiled as she reached Kira and slipped a hand into his. There were still melancholy notes to the expression but it was probably the easiest smile she’d produced in months.

“It’s like I’m learning things all over again,” she confessed. “It’s like I had to learn how to breathe again, and then I had to learn how to live again - but it’s getting easier. Having you here helps.” Her tail swayed slowly.

“Ajax didn’t seem to have the foggiest idea why we were meeting here,” the woman chuckled, raising an eyebrow. “Either he’s a very good actor or he’s as clueless as I am.”

[300+]
AbigailSadira

Let me light up the sky, light it up for you
Cour des Miracles
Archiduchessa
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:32 pm

So much may have changed since the very first time they met bu the one near constant thing in which had remained for much of that was their affecions for the other even for much of the time in which they had been apart regardless of how short the distace. But now residing within the court and with both Abigail and their children even after the pain and suffering in which had plagued the court did make everything to some small degree a little better in the knowledge that he could be so close to them all - even if he were sad to have said goodbye to all those he had spent so many years with back in casa - and spend the remainder of his time with them.

Of course there were just that one last thing in which would make life in general all the better and happier to some varying degree, not saying that it were not to some degree pleasant already. So with emerald eyes affectionately watched the Sadira lady as she moved nearer, gently grasping her hand after she had slipped hers into his and tilting his head slightly to study her in a loving manner. "I'm glad it is getting easier, but more time it will take for normal to come. Or something close to it anyway I'm just glad I am here with you." With that Kira's gently squeezed Abigail's hand.

The woman's mention of Ajax and his apparent lack of knowledge in regards to what his father in turn had in mind was all it took to cause Kira to firstly start smiling before a chuckle dared to escape his lips. "That's because Ajax knows when to stay quiet and be a little sneaky, you were meant to be left a little clueless." Kira spoke in a cheery and slightly teasing way as he lifted her hand to his lips and gently kissed her fingers and going quiet for several moments as he appeared to collect his thoughts before speaking further.

"Abigail, my sweet Abi. There is soemthing I have wanted to ask you for so long; something in which I hope you will agree to. Will you be able to do me the honour of becoming my mate? For though you are already I wish to make an honest lady of you." The cheeriness in which had previously overcome Kira were quick to give way to mildly nervousness as his gaze fied solidly upon the Sadira woman.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

Dead Topics