Finicky Frolicking Feline

AW for 1 please :D

POSTED: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:14 am

OOC: AW for 1, please! I'm hoping to use this thread for a co-rank, and to get Tessa a cat. :D WC: 334
Setting Generator wrote:It's morning, and it's clear. Your character can see a small cat watching them from nearby.

IC:
After The Great Mud Incident, Tessa had gone, yet again, to forage for things to turn into jewelry. Bones worked alright when she was wanting to trade. Well, except skulls. Tessa didn't work with those. She certainly wouldn't be caught dead wearing any sort of bone, though, unless - maybe - she was wearing a costume. Feathers were better because those she would wear herself, rather than just trading. Metal bits were always nice, too, because it meant that she could hopefully get someone to turn them into beads by heating them enough to roll them into hollow tubes.

Fortunately, she managed to find feathers this time. Unfortunately there weren't many of them, but they would do for attaching to string to turn into a necklace. She also had some rolled metal left from a previous project, so she thought she would be set for this one.

While tilting her head, Tessa tied a knot near the middle of the string, then slipped a metal tube onto it. She tied another knot on the other side of the tube to keep it in place. With a frown, she untied the knot and then tied it again, unhappy with the first result. The second was better, and so she left it and added another tube, followed by another knot. From there she frowned again and grabbed a couple of feathers, trying to decide how she wanted to attach them to the rest.

The feathers fluttered in the chilly breeze a little and she slapped her hand over the pile to keep them from blowing away. As she sat up straight again, she noticed a movement out of the corner of her eye: a quick flash of white fur that she couldn't immediately place. The breeze brought her the scent of a feline, though she was not familiar with any of the cats in the pack. With a shrug, Tessa went back to laying out the feathers, trying to decide on a good arrangement.
Cour des Miracles
Baronnet
Myst
Luperci Always wear your invisible crown
l u x u r y
---------- is in each ----------
d e t a i l

POSTED: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Lupus | November 20th
(689)
Cidro, bad dog! Don’t attack the kitty!!

Today was a good day, Cidro decided. Most days this time of year were far too cold for the teen to venture outside without his thick wool dress or Paloma’s cloak layered on top when it was particularly frigid. Today, however, was just warm enough to allow the wolfdog to explore as he pleased, bare fur and all.

It wasn’t that Cidro disliked his bipedal form, in fact, he often preferred it. It used to be a source of discomfort for him knowing how feminine he looked with his wide hips and small frame, but now that he was more comfortable in his own skin, he began to feel his love for it once again— even dressing it up with flowers and skirts, sometimes even jewelry if he was in the right mood. Sometimes, though, the youth just wanted to get back to his feral roots and not worry about how others might view him and his peculiar look— not that it made much sense to him. Vision and bias founded in it would never make sense to the blind teen. He dressed the way he did because it felt nice, and because the texture of braids and the scent of flowers was pleasant to him. As for his body, well, Cidro was still learning to accept it.

Not only that, but there was the pressing concern of his friend still missing. Issola had come back to them, thank god, and Solomon was healing well, but Odalis had yet to return. Cedric’s comfort had done a great deal to ease his mind, but the fear was still there. Not to mention how on edge Paloma seemed these days. He wished he knew how to comfort her, but he knew she was right to be on guard. After all, how safe could the Court truly be when his friends were so easily taken?

This morning, however, Cidro pushed those thoughts from his mind. He needed this day to himself, to let himself breathe. He explored the Court in his feral form, thankful the weather let up enough to let him use it once again. As he wandered, a peculiar scent crossed his path, one he hadn’t encountered since his time in Portland. Curious, he decided to follow the creature, wondering what it was doing in their lands. He crouched low, stalking up close to it with a cheeky grin. He had no intentions to hurt the small creature, but a little play never hurt anyone, right? He wasn’t exactly sure how these creatures behaved, but Cidro was small and hardly imposing. It probably wouldn’t mind.

Awaiting the right moment, the wolfdog pounced and prayed his aim was right. It was all guess work at this point. He heard a loud mewl as he caught the creature between his paws, and he giggled to himself, rolling over on his back and pulling it up onto his chest to examine. Its fur felt soft and fluffy, more like Cedric’s than his own. He grinned at the thought, tail wagging excitedly. It wasn’t until the creature stared scratching and hissing at him that he panicked and released it, rolling over and scrambling back to his feet. He looked genuinely distraught. He never wanted to scare it.

Lo siento, lo siento, it’s alright. I didn’t mean to scare you little one. Just playing.”

It was then he heard someone nearby. Her scent was definitely that of Courtier, but not one the youth was very familiar with. Embarrassed, he turned in the direction of the sound with a bashful smile.

“Sorry, señorita. I didn’t notice you there.”

He moved closer to her.

“Was that your cat? I didn’t mean to scare them, I’m sorry. I was just curious. Haven’t been around one in awhile.”

He sat back on his haunches turning his head up to where he assumed she was. He offered her a shy smile.

“I’m Cidro, I don’t think we ever had the pleasure of meeting. What’s your name?”

He swore he heard her fiddle with something that sounded like… beads? He tilted his head, curious.

“What are you doing? Are those necklaces?”

Cour des Miracles
Duc
Abby
Luperci
QUISIERON ENTERRARNOS
summer sn

POSTED: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:07 am

WC: 543

Tessa did her best to ignore the cat that was watching her. She had no use for making friends with one unless it wanted to keep mice out of Tessa's new house. Hm. Actually that would be kind of nice. Tessa didn't like the sound of them skittering across the floor at night. It was definitely something to consider, anyway. She put that aside as she went back to the necklace she was working on now that the wind wasn't trying to make off with her feathers for the moment.

She reordered the feathers so that the largest was in the center. That looked better since it was also the only blue one. The other two were grey, and Tessa wasn't sure what bird they were from. Probably not a very pretty one, but the feathers would still look nice enough as part of a necklace. Tessa picked up the string and tied a loose knot, then tucked the shaft end of feather the not it before pulling it as tight as she could. Eventually the feather might fall out, but it would do for now. As she was about to repeat the process for the next feather, she heard someone approaching. She looked over in time to watch the male pounce on the cat. Tessa's eyes went wide and she dropped the feather, which almost blew away again, but she managed to pin it and the other loose one down once more.

He released the cat, which Teasa found that she was oddly thankful for. Strange. She didn't want the cat before, but now that there had been a chance not to have it, she wanted it. Tessa watched the male approach, and realized that he was looking towards her, but not meeting her eyes, and that his eyes looked strange. Could he see?

"I'm Tessa," She responded. She was almost tempted to wave her hand in front of Cidro to see if he would react, but decided that it would probably be rude. "The cat just showed up, but I suppose it could be mine now." The bead on the necklace jangled and she looked down at Cidro's question. Maybe he could see? "Yep, I'm trying to decide how I want this one to look. I have some beads made from metal that was heated up a bit and rolled into tubes, and some string and feathers.

On the change that Cidro could see, she held up what she had so far, and then tied the next knot, following the same process as before, putting the next feather in before tightening the knot.

"I'll add another feather, so there's three, and then another bead. Then I'll see if it's too simple and think about maybe adding more." she tied the next knot to add the feather and then strung the bead on. She made sure to match the knot to the other side so the beads had the same amount of space. "Do you like to wear jewelry?" Maybe she could make him something. It would be good to have a few pack members w wring something she made. Maybe then more of them would want her creations.
Cour des Miracles
Baronnet
Myst
l u x u r y
d e t a i l

POSTED: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:11 pm

Lupus/Optime | November 20th
(443)

“Tessa.”

He repeated her name, sounding a bit funny in his accent, but he liked it all the same.

“A very pretty name.”

His smile was warm and bright, doggish teeth making it look goofy as his tail wagged happily behind him. The youth was thankful to hear that she wasn’t angry at him for scaring the cat, but he still couldn’t help but feel bad. He could smell the creature still nearby. Curious. He thought it would have bolted after a fright like that.

The wolfdog beamed with excitement when she confirmed his suspicions. A jeweller! How lovely! He thought back to a time where those who dressed extravagantly made him bitter, almost laughing at the thought. Sure, those who flaunted their wealth still put him off, but now that he’d experimented with fabric and accessories, he now understood it as a way of expressing one’s self. He wondered if the woman saw it the same way, too.

He thought he heard her shift, almost as if moving the necklace in his direction to show off. Ah. She probably hadn’t noticed yet, but that was fine. He was much more comfortable with that side of himself now. At her question, his tail wagged, smiling up at her once more.

“Not usually, but I like threading flowers in my hair— they smell so nice. Dresses too, I like how they flow at my feet. But… I’ve always liked the texture of beads. May I, um…”

He had the sudden urge to reach out and touch what she made, having a hard time picturing how it felt on words alone. He was annoyed once he realized he was still in his feral form. He stood up, shaking out his fur and preparing to shift. Besides, it was probably more polite to hold their conversation at the same height.

“Un segundo, por favor.”

He was much faster at this now than he once was, no longer requiring several minutes to take his desired form. He felt as his bones began to pop and shift, limbs growing in length and torso bending and stretching to accommodate. His mane grew out long and dark, settling prettily at his waist in glossy waves, like ink poured over his shoulders. Once his body was in order, he stood up straight, his smile sweet as ever, bowed legs and wide hips playfully cocked to the side. It was nice to be back, even though his feral form was lots of fun as well.

He made his way over to her, hands reaching out carefully, questioningly.

“May I feel what you have so far? I’ll let you know what I think.”

Cour des Miracles
Duc
Abby
Luperci
QUISIERON ENTERRARNOS
summer sn

POSTED: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:02 pm

WC: 837

"Thank you," she said, feeling herself flush with pleasure at the complement to her name. She liked how it sounded in Cidro's accent, although she did not say so. It seemed like pointing something like that out might be rude and if Cidro was going to be complementing her, she figured the least she could do was not be rude in return.

Flowers in hair were pretty. Tessa had thought about trying to add flowers to jewelry, but they were often so delicate that it seemed like it would be difficult for them to last very long. She did not want to constantly be replacing them. If only there was a way to make them more durable, but if there was, she had not heard of how to do it.

Tessa supposed that she could just replace them if it was jewelry that was meant for special occasions, or maybe if she was able to make it look nice with or without flowers, and leave spots where stems could be threaded through. Maybe by braiding thin strips of leather together... Something to think about for her next project. Right now, Tessa needed to focus on what she was already doing.

"Um," Tessa was not quite sure what Cidro was asking for. She had started to hold the necklace out to him since he had mentioned texture, and it felt natural at this point in the conversation to let him hold it, but of course he had no hands, and she did not really want him taking it with his mouth. But then Cidro solved that for her by beginning to shift.

As he shifted, Tessa turned her attention back to the necklace because it felt polite. She disliked shifting in front of others, which was part of why she was only very rarely in her four-legged form. She traveled by horse, so she did not need it for that, and she did her best to avoid having to deal with the messiness that was hunting, and contributed to the pack as best she could in other ways.

She shifted the necklace to one hand so that she could pick up the next bead and add it, followed by another quick knot. The beads were slightly different textures from each other, which she thought gave it a nice visual variety, and now, she supposed it also would give in a varied feel. She just hoped that the beads would not get caught in anyone's fur.

Tessa also slipped another feather in to where she wanted it to go so that there would be more of the design to feel. The process of making these additions was relatively quick because Tessa had gotten in quite a bit of practice tying knots. After tying the last one, though, she decided that she would probably be taking it out and re-doing it so that it was closer to the bead to match what she already had.

"Sure, here you go," Tessa said, figuring that because Cidro asked to feel rather than see her work, the color of his eyes must mean he was indeed blind, or at least blind enough that he did better with feeling rather than seeing. She realized then that he had mentioned the smell and feel of flowers and dresses before, rather than naming a color of either one that he liked best. Perhaps she could help make sure he also looked good in whatever he wore. The wrong color with his fur could be disastrous.

"You can feel the way the beads are rolled. I brought them from Portland when I moved here, but I'm hoping to find someone who can make more," Tessa explained. "You can also feel the knots on either side of them, which keeps the beads from sliding around. It also gives me a spot to add the feathers in so they will stay." Hopefully, anyway. Feather shafts could be difficult to work with when they were not large enough for her to put a hole straight through to string it that way.

As Tessa was talking, the cat she had spotted before popped out from behind her house again and started to creep towards them. It was a pretty white cat, or at least, it probably would be if it was not currently covered in dirt. Part of her fur looked to be matted now that Tessa had a better look at her. Hm. The cat seemed to realize that Tessa was paying attention to her and stopped moving, crouching low to the ground, so Tessa looked away, pretending to ignore it, but the cat stayed still. Probably just as well; Tessa did not really want a dirty cat hanging around, even if she would be useful. Maybe it would be easy to clean her up, though... there was not really a way to tell how much dirt there was and the matted fur looked like it would be painful soon, if it was not already.
Cour des Miracles
Baronnet
Myst
l u x u r y
d e t a i l

POSTED: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Optime | November 20th
(342)
I think we can probably end this here/with your next reply. lmao its funny replying to this thread after looking at our current one, though. Hopefully they can make things up later cause I forgot how adorable this thread was sdfghjhgf

Cidro accepted the necklace giddily, his smile wide and eager, but his hands soft and gentle. It wouldn’t do to go and ruin all her hard work by being a klutz. He traced the string with light fingertips, taking in the various textures of each individual bead, how the feathers felt soft and airy in contrast. It was lovely, yet strange. He started to wonder how such a thing would feel around his neck— pleasant or suffocating.

Suffocating won when Cidro latched onto a particular word of Tessa’s— Portland. He tensed at the sound of it, the rest of her words fading to static. He wondered if the person who crafted these beads was the one who crafted what his mother wore. He thought of the necklaces men would yank on harshly, the ones she wore to attract their prying eyes. They’d put them around his own neck sometimes too, tight like a noose around his throat with hands like vices to match.

Cidro didn’t want to think about beads anymore.

He handed the necklace back to her stiffly, his wide smile fading into something a little more solemn, although he tried hard to dampen it.

“Thank you for letting me feel your work, Madame. We’re lucky to have such a talented jeweller like you here at the Court.”

He smiled weakly to mask his episode, but once these things started, they were hard to gain control over. He needed to leave before he made a scene, get Branwen or Cicely to calm him down.

“It was lovely to meet you, Tessa, but I won’t keep you from your work. I hope you and your feline friend here have a wonderful day.”

He nodded politely before turning to leave with frantic steps, the familiar rush of panic already starting to grab hold of him. It was stupid, really, getting so worked up over a single word. Most times such a harmless thing wouldn’t rattle him, but every day was different, he supposed. At least he salvaged her impression of him— for now.

Cour des Miracles
Duc
Abby
Luperci
QUISIERON ENTERRARNOS
summer sn

POSTED: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:43 pm

OOC: perfect--thanks for helping with my co-rank! <3 and I definitely want Tessa and Cidro to find a way to be friends again despite The Incident haha! WC: 242

IC:
Tessa's entire countenance and posture warmed at Cidro's praise of her necklace, even as she was somewhat confused by his sudden change in appearance. She was not sure what she had said or done to trigger the stiffness, but she carefully set down the necklace in front of herself again.

"Thank you," Tessa said, at a loss as she watched Cidro stand up. Her happiness deflated a little because he seemed afraid now, which made no sense to her. Glancing around, Tessa did not see anything that might have spooked him; all she found was the cat, still watching them, but the feline's presence had not seemed to bother him before, so that probably wasn't it.

No, that wasn't it. It was definitely because of something she said, something about Portland. With a frown, Tessa watched Cidro hurry away and then looked down at her necklace and supplies. She scooped everything up and headed towards her door so that she could continue to work inside where the wind would not threaten to take her feathers away.

Pausing in her doorway, Tessa looked back in the direction that Cidro had took off in, but she could not see him anymore. Instead, she saw the cat slinking forward towards her door, so she stepped aside and the feline trotted right inside like she owned the place. Rolling her eyes, Tessa closed the door. Apparently she had a cat now.
Cour des Miracles
Baronnet
Myst
l u x u r y
d e t a i l

Cour des Miracles