The craft of the artist

Ceridwen [[Moon Co-rank Thread 1]]

POSTED: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:12 am

love like winter

Motherhood didn’t feel like the heavy burden it once was since her daughters reached the half-year marker and began to shift. Now, her two fairy boys were grown and nearly mature adults, and the younger girls she birthed with Mads and Guillen were old enough to stretch out their bipedal legs and frolic around the Court showing off their new, lithe bodies. Yep, now that everyone was essentially a grown-up, Moon Moon could go back to being the perpetual child she was before she began popping out litters… At least, until her next heat cycle, when, invariably, Mads wouldn’t be able to deny his feral nature any more than she could, and they joined in another fertile union.

But for now, pups were the last thing on her mind as she skipped down a snow-lined path toward the Shinshou Temple. She could see the ornamental place in the distance, with its wonderfully inviting curly roof and other adornments, and both the artist and perpetual child within yearned dreadfully to explore it.

She carried little with her save for an old branch she’d found lying on the ground, that she used to whack at hibernating bushes and draw lines in the snow as she traveled, eat thing she paused to swipe at some imagined foe – dragon, monster – or other. Moon Moon barely noted the passage of time, and before she knew it the temple walls loomed over her and she pranced right across the threshold like she belonged there. In a way, she did, for it was a pack building. But, maybe she didn’t… maybe this was some sacred place not to be breeched in such an informal way. Whatever the case, Moon soon found herself within the temple walls peering about at the sights to be seen. Idly, she dropped her stick and adjusted the black top that she wore, and then began meandering through the main receiving room – at least, unless some hall or doorway or other such delightful cavern attracted her interest.

OOC If there's any reason she shouldn't have been able to waltz right into the temple, please feel free to tip me off and I'll fix. This thread is for the Artiste co-rank!|| 300+

Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
☠ Nukiira ☠
Luperci 2011, 2012, 2018 SoSuWriMo Champ! Thalia and Melpomene Kiss Me
off the deep end

POSTED: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:02 am

As it was still largely under renovation, Ceridwen had grown unfazed by the frequent coming and goings of pack mates. It would only be a matter of time until she was able to grow plants, and then the vast majority of the temple would be locked off to thte public. This was something Ceridwen had put thought into, but she did not realize just how important that security would be, when suddenly Moon Moon came barging in, seemingly oblivious to the fact that she did not live there. Turning the corner of a long corridor, she yelped in surprise and stumbled back a step, nearly running right into the ever fashionable luperci. A tower of wooden boards in her arms teetered precariously, before she rested her chin on the top to stabilize it. "Yep, just make yourself comfortable." She grumbled, gingerly stepping aside so that she could hopefully avoid whatever disaster Moon Moon was unknowingly about to bring.

Slowly, she tried to inch around the woman, hoping to perhaps lead her into the front of the vestibule, and then right out the door. "Can I help you?" She tested the request carefully, not quite sure what was the best way to get her to change her mind on whatever idea brought her to the temple in the first place. Worry crawled inside her head, clawing at her skull. She could physically feel a dull ache begin to throb. Somehow, she was convinced that if she allowed Moon Moon to spend any more time here, it would go up in flames.

"Give me a second, I'll just set these down." Finally making it around the interloper without issue, she hurried off to set the boards down somewhere they would remain unobtrusive. Though she stumbled over a misplaced stick, she did not fall, and returned unscathed, stick in hand, scowl on face. "You can't just drag random junk into here. It's still a temple, you know." With little more than a shemagh scarf around her neck, she did not look particularly threatening.
Cour des Miracles
Madame
Ray
Luperci Scout

POSTED: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:58 am

love like winter

Absorbed as she was with this new (it was new to her, at least) she failed to keep her senses keen, so when Ceridwen approached, even laden with boards as she was, Moon Moon was gawking at something on the wall and bristled at the sudden yelp of surprise from the rusty-tan woman. She faced the imminent threat, arms rigid and bent oddly with that disconcerting electrified feeling that comes after having a shock. The woman recovered quickly, being forced to with the bundle of wood in her arms, and as Moon stared at her dumbly and wide-eyed, she cleverly inched around her to find a place for her burden… and, although Moon was none the wiser, to also figure a way of inching the Damaichu trespasser off the premises.

Even though the appearance of one another shocked both women, the first words out of Ceri’s mouth were ones of welcome and friendliness. Moon’s tense muscles relaxed and she soon stood at-ease with the occurrence of her pack sister’s nice words. Thank ya, Moon said graciously, ears perking up in an obvious happy-dog manner. I will! Obviously, the latent sarcasm in Ceridwen’s tone was lost on her.

The Seigneur-turned-Madam-turned-Seigneur cocked her head as her counterpart found a place to set her work. Awful nice of someone so busy to be so welcoming; after telling Moon to be comfortable, she offered to help. Moon shrugged. Nah, I’m good at gettin’ comfy, she chirped matter-of-factly.

The wolfess’s ears flapped as her hostess tripped and Moon was both properly sheepish and confused. After an exaggerated look around the place, she cocked her head in that doggish way. Whatcha mean a temple? she asked just a beat before a look of indignance flashed across her features and she propped her hands on her hips. Hey! Whatcha mean junk? Yer bringin’ wood in here too. I know fer a fact that that stick an’ that wood are made’a tha same stuff! An ivory finger jabbed at each item as she spoke. Surely the women were getting off on the wrong paw today. It’s a borin’ temple anyway! she blurted, purposefully trying to wound Ceri with the first (and coincidentally, lamest) insult that came to mind. After all, every place could use a bit more art.

OOC || 300+

Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
☠ Nukiira ☠
Luperci 2011, 2012, 2018 SoSuWriMo Champ! Thalia and Melpomene Kiss Me
off the deep end

POSTED: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:53 pm

Although Ceridwen felt that she was oblivious in many social circumstances, she believed, in that moment, that Moon Moon was worse off. Instead of catching onto the subtle hints of annoyance and sarcasm, the white wolf happily pranced across the floor without a care in the world. Whether it was deliberate or not was beyond the wolfdog, who was clearly beginning to fume. Dealing with an interloper was not a practiced skill, and she paced about with storm clouds brewing over her head, a tight grip wrapped around the stick. "A temple!" She insisted, waving the stick about. "You know, a sacred place." Ceridwen did not actually know what a temple was, but she had a vague idea of one consisted of: A space that was supposed to be filled with spiritual energy, to be respected by those within its confines.

Naturally, it was difficult to keep up the charade of superiority for long. Grumbling darkly to herself, she tried to take the focus off how much she knew, and redirect it back to reasons why Moon Moon ought to be banned from the place entirely. "Thank you," She responded tersely, grinding her teeth and turning sharply on her toes. "For your opinions and observations." Ceridwen finished flatly, stalking towards the front doors. "Now I am going to put this stick outside, with the other sticks, where it belongs." The chaos within her own home was organized clutter; methodically placed and set aside.

Standing in the middle of the entrance, she intentionally kept the door propped open, hoping to entice the fiery woman to be drawn back outside. "Moon Moon, if you find my home and workplace so boring, what exactly compelled you to come here in the first place?" Her patience was wearing dangerously thin, but she managed to hold it together, feeling more exasperated than heated. All she really wanted was some reassurance that her home would look as it was before Moon Moon's arrival. There was nothing in the near vicinity that was particularly fragile, and no paints for her packmate to make use of. Warily side eyeing her, she shifted her weight uncomfortably, trying to mentally prepare herself for whatever was to come.
Cour des Miracles
Madame
Ray
Luperci Scout

Cour des Miracles