A Sorrowful Gift

Luca

POSTED: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:51 pm

300+
This is the trinket, for those who are interested.

Aniki was standing in front of the guida office, unsure of whether she should go in or not. She turned the metal thing over in her hands nervously. Taking a deep breath, she raised her hand and knocked on the door three times and was surprised when it swung open. It must not have been closed completely. She looked in at Luca's downcast form. He was sitting down and she watched as he lifted his head a little bit. "Hello Luca, it's me, Aniki. I just wanted to give you something real quick."

She walked in and walked around Luca, kneeling down so she could be on the same level as him. "This is something that my mother gave me when my uncle and brother died in a hunting accident. It's a bit dented. I threw it at the wall because I was so angry and sad. But otherwise, it's fine. My mom sat me down and told me that getting over a loss of someone you love is easier when you know the people around you are going through the same loss and still care about you. And I know that I didn't know her, Lyris, but I do know what it's like to lose family. I know that all too well. So I came here to give this to you and let you know that everyone in the pack is with you." Aniki said, handing the trinket to him.

"I know that you want to be by yourself right now, and that's perfectly fine. We all need privacy when we go through stuff like this, but wolves are social animals. And your children need you. Your pack needs you. And you need the pack and your children. So later tonight, or tomorrow, please go and let everyone know that you are still alive. And you will get so much comfort just by being with the wolves who cared about Lyris and care about you and your family." Aniki told him. She hesitated, then continued. "I am going to leave now, but I can stay or bring someone if you want to talk to someone."

Form:Time:Date:Place:
OptimeEarly MorningOctoberStables
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Aniki

POSTED: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Today he hid away again, taking to the refuge of the Guida Office in the poor assumption that his members would leave him alone unless there was an emergency. Sitting at the desk he quietly read through his grandfather Jazper’s notes. His patriarch had done a good job keeping notes of his later days in Casa. The notebook did not cover the early days as thoroughly, instead just scribbled notes outlining the area they had claimed and the seasons events in general were contained int eh first few pages. It seemed as though the journal really started when Jazper was beginning to lose his strength, an attempt at keeping the past alive. Luca has added to the pages himself now, keeping track of any special events and all the births and deaths of the pack.

A knock at the door interrupted his thoughts, his golden eyes shooting up to see the dark female entering the room. His fur bristled a little at her boldness but he silently reminded himself to be patient, as the female was still a Cadet and learning. “Come on in Aniki.” He greeted, trying to be as warm as his melted heart would allow him. The female quickly approached, words spewing from her mouth. He had forgot how much some wolves loved to talk. Still, he listened politely, even eagerly as he realized she was here to give him a gift. He reached out to receive the trinket, a belonging of her mothers.

Her words of empathy and comfort did mean a lot to the Lune. Although he was meant to be strong and in control, he had gone through a traumatic loss and it was good to hear that even members he was not too familiar with were behind him. Her words of spending time with the pack did not ring as true to him as those about his family. His children would need him, and he wasn’t sure just how strong he could be for them. With a sigh he shook his head, “Why don’t you stay for a moment. Tell me more about your mother.” He instructed as he looked over the strange symbol in his claws.

OOC: 300+ words

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa
Luperci Ambassador (SP), Sailor The Brotherhood: Master Equestrian

POSTED: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:58 pm

300+

Aniki sat, her previous nervousness had made her babble, and now her bubble had popped. She stayed silent for a moment, pulling up memories of her mother. "She was the boss of the family. I lived with my siblings, my uncle, and my father, both of whom were strong-headed individuals. But my mom was the boss. Her word was law. If you needed anything or wanted anything, you went to her. But she wasn't mean, she was actually very nice. Super smart, too. You could say anything nd she would always have a comeback. There were so many problems, living out there by ourselves. She always had solutions. We always went and got into trouble, and we would always go to her. Now, if we got hurt and wanted sympathy, we went to our father. He was the one who would sit us in his giant lap and hear the story." Aniki looked at her paws for a few moments before speaking in a slow, sad voice.

"She's the one who taught me how to fight. She handed me a wood dagger when I shifted for the first time. Most of these on my hands are from our fights with live steel. I never got to beat her. She died before I got to. I'm sorry, I'm making this about me. Tell me a bit about Lyris. If you want to." Aniki suggested, leaning forwards and resting her elbows on her knees to show that she was listening.

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Aniki

POSTED: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:43 pm

The girl before him sat down in the chair, bringing her to eye level. He leaned his elbows against the desk top, his golden eyes looking at the trinket as he moved it around in his fingers. She spoke about her family and he drank it up, eager to learn more about the female that had chosen Casa as a home. He found that once members stick around for a bit they were more willing to open up. At the boarder they would say anything to get in, to have shelter and food. He hardly ever trusted everything a new member said, knowing that they were after a prize. So it was refreshing to hear the younger wolfess open up abut her past.

As she spoke of her matriarch being the boss of the house he smiled. Men always thought they were in charge, when in actual fact Luca knew better. As a young man he had thought he had the power, he thought he knew best. Now, after years of mateship he knew to keep his head down and simply say yes. Of course, now he no longer had someone to say yes to. It was interesting to him to hear that she had a wooden dagger as a newly shifted wolf, in Casa they simply used knives that were too dull to do much harm. It was important that the Cavalier youth learned the weight of the blade, more than it was important they did not hurt themselves. Even with a dull blade a youth sometimes got cut if they put enough pressure on it, which was an error they wouldn’t make again. No one ever lost fingers so it seemed like a good enough idea.

When she told him to talk about Lyris he froze. His throat sealing up at the idea. Forcing the words out he spoke, “Much like your mother she was always the boss of or family. The first time I met her we got in a fist fight. We both were so exhausted by the end that we ended up on the ground.” It was a funny story but he didn’t smile at the memory. He had been so young. He had taken her for granted.

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa

POSTED: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 pm

300+

When Luca finished talking, she leaned back and rested against the backrest. It was obvious he didn't want to talk about his family, so she decided to distract him a bit by just talking about anything. "I wonder a lot about what my life would be like if my family hadn't been killed. I wouldn't be here, that's for sure. And I wouldn't have had to join random packs for short amounts of time. When I first came here I had no idea how long I'd be staying. This is the longest I've ever been in a pack. Other than when I was with my family, obviously. I first came here because my parents always told me that if anything happened to them, go to Casa. I guessed it was because they were originally in Casa, but now that I'm here, I know that's not the case. They must have heard about it and decided that would be the best place for us if they died."

She paused for a second, gathering her thoughts. "I'm glad they did. I love it here. I'm a lot safer here than out there. I slept with one eye open when I was a loner. This scar above my eye is from when I was snuck up on in the middle of the night. Peachblossom warned me just in time to dodge the sword. That was really scary. I could barely see due to all the blood going in my eyes. Plus it was night time. I became nocturnal after that. I slept during the day and traveled at night. It was rough, but it was worth the risk. Now I can do the things I love without being afraid of getting stabbed in the back. And I learned a lot while I was a loner. Learned how to read wolves faces and personalities."

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Aniki

POSTED: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Many in Casa came from different backgrounds and families. While he and his siblings had been some of the first born into the Cavalier pack, many more came from outside, and the outside world was not as forgiving. He remembered growing up surrounded by numbers, and most of those canines around him knew the basics of a good fight. Whatever happened to Casa he knew that they would live on in one way or another, after all no battle had yet to lower there numbers by more than a few at any given time. Outside of Casa, however, he heard the same stories of death over and other again, and Aniki’s story was no different.

As she mentioned her parent’s involvement in her coming to Casa his head tilted a little, until she confirmed that they had never been part of the pack. Word of Casa seemed to spread throughout Nova Scotia as a safe haven for those willing to help defend each other. Where Casa had been formed to defend all others under his Grandfather, Luca preferred to look out for his members, having felt the sting of loss in their ranks one to many times at the hands of others. Of course, alliances were part of that political game but Luca had never been a political man.

“I’m sorry for you loss. I’m afraid it’s a tale I’ve hear too many times. My own parents were Cavaliers, my father was the son of the founder Jazper, so I’m afraid I’ve never known life outside of the pack.” He outwardly admitted. “In Casa I hope you can find some peace and learn to hone your skills more. Fenris knows we always could use more and more help as we grow. It takes all hands working to keep the pack running smoothly.” If there was one thing Luca did not tolerate it was laziness. If children could learn to add to their society then so could adults. Those who came from outside sometimes believed they could get handouts, but he had seen Aniki working with the horses regularly, and knew she was not one of those sorts.

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa

POSTED: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

"Yeah, it's fairly common out there. I'm glad that you and those born into this pack didn't have to go through that kind of stuff. It is very stressful and depressing being out there." Aniki said slowly before falling into a comfortable silence. She looked at the ceiling coldly, face devoid of emotion. She took a deep breath, then let it out slowly. She wanted to check on how Rowan was doing, and she leaned forward once more to look at Luca. He still looked very sad and upset, but his spirit seemed to have lifted slightly since when she first came into the guida office. She smiled when she saw him turning the little cross thingie over in his hands. She suddenly became very glad that she had given it to him.

"Okay! Enough of wallowing in sadness and things that could have been for me. I want to see how my friends are holding up. Do you want to come out with me and check out how your friends and family are doing or stay here? I'm cool either way. " Aniki said, standing up and stretching before looking at Luca once more. He glanced up at her and she smiled at him in what she hoped was a supporting smile. She didn't smile all that much. She almost never smiled for no reason, but she knew that he needed to see little things like that. So she smiled.

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Aniki

Casa di Cavalieri