[M] remember who's in charge here

p. Eros

POSTED: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:24 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

aldora knight
Stone and feather, move outside your head

In the dead of winter, Aldora had become a bit lazy. The pack had plenty of food stores, and the cold prevented much of any other outdoor chores to be completed, besides shoveling snow or gathering firewood. At this point, she didn’t much want to take Cinzia out to ride either, despite the mare’s obvious cabin fever. It would only be several more short month’s before the flaxen horse would give birth to her first foal, and Aldora did not want to take any chances.

But she was unsatisfied just to stay at home, sleeping and becoming fat; she had to get out and do something and what better to do than to conscript her fiery brother into a hunt. Eros seemed to have settled in, for the most part… she hoped. He was an enigma to her, and despite his crass nature, at least he was mostly friendly with her. And so, she had asked him if he’d like to help with a classic “find and flush” hunting trip; they would track the prey, and once found, Eros would flush it out of hiding and into the path of Aldora’s waiting bow.

It was early morning, the sun had risen but it was still dark enough that the world was a wash of gray, when Aldora headed towards the Courthouse to roust her brother. She was draped in her white rabbit fur cloak, and had her hunting bow slung around her torso, and her quiver hanging at her hip laden with arrows. She also had a knife tied to the quiver; always a useful tool to have on a hunt.

Upon entering the Courthouse, she first made a detour to the kitchen, which was quiet and cold save for a large cauldron set upon dying embers, still steaming. Inside, a thick and simple stew of meat, bones and root vegetables; Aldora grabbed two bowls and filled both with the mixture, thanking Josie silently for her thoughtfulness, and headed to Eros’ room.

This was the first time she was visiting him in the Courthouse, but it was not difficult to find him by scent alone. When she arrived to the time-worn door she kicked the bottom of it with her heel, Eros? She said, loudly enough for him to hear, but not to disturb any other tenants. There were several beats of silence, and she kicked at the door again; once more, no answer from the other side. A crooked scowl set on her face, she used her elbow to push at the door knob, and managed to get it to unlatch; it swung open slowly with a subtle creaking noise, and she set a foot inside, Eros? She asked again into the darkness of the room.

(+4) ooc goes here

Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Nat
Luperci Artisan (Vocals), Hunter goose slayer

POSTED: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:01 pm

For the first time in a very long time, Eros had found it hard to sleep. No matter how long he’d spent staring at the ceiling of his new room, it was impossible for him to drift off. He’d tried a joint and then another, but it hadn’t worked. Realising he was fighting a losing battle the fiery Damaichu had made his way outside, the cold night air refreshing, and somewhat comforting. Eros wasn’t sure why sleep eluded him, perhaps it was too quiet, or perhaps there were not enough people in his room, it was impossible to say. Eros had gone for a run and when he felt his body finally tired, turned and loped back to his room. The night was old when he finally got to sleep and in a much deeper slumber than he normally would have been.

Something woke the fiery pelted Damaichu, and adrenaline surged within him. There was the dry sound of steal against leather and a flash as the weapon caught the light from the corridor. The dagger was held in a defensive position pointing at the intruder, but they were still some distance apart. Eros’s golden eyes gleamed, and they were cold eyes, they held no humour. A moment later Eros realised where he was and who stood before him, Aldora’s scent and that of the food, filtering through to him.

”I thought I’d locked the door.” he said as his only explanation for what he’d done. The fiery pelted male began to shiver as the adrenaline drained away. If truth be told he was glad to see Aldora, she had been kind and welcoming, and although their relationship was still a little stilted, he found himself trying to get to know her a little better. He wiped his hand across his face, dislodging the veil of sleep. Even if he’d had a good night’s rest, Eros had never been a morning person. Parties lasted late into the night.

”What time is it?” He asked a little groggily.

Eros’s ears flicked and twitched as he came fully awake, the act of defence had clearly been almost automatic, the preparedness of a loner, even when tired, ready to face a threat. Eros had lived outside of a pack for a long time, and he had few scars, the mark of someone who stayed out of trouble, or someone who made sure he won them before they started, it was up to others what they thought.

”You bought food?” As he asked the question, which was clearly rhetorical, he fell silent, for a moment his eyes looked at Aldora’s face. When he spoke again it was brief, but his tone held none of the mocking it so often did, or the sarcasm.

”Thank you.”

Eros was cross with himself that his sister’s simple gesture had touched him as it had, clearly he was still tired. He did his best to recover from the horrible lapse.

”What’s the occasion, usually when folk bring me food they want one of two things, the first I’m not going to tell you and the other, well…I would imagine it would get me thrown out of the pack. What’s up?”

OOC: SoSu WC 532
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet
Draiko

POSTED: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:35 pm

aldora knight

In the darkness, a fiery shape sprang like a snake, the flash of steel caught her eye. She nearly threw the bowls away, but instead remained calm, standing there like some Stew Goddess measuring the bowls of justice, as her brother pointed the blade at her.

What little trust there was between them held fast, and he was quick to recognize her, and even quicker to put the weapon down. She had obviously startled him out of sleep, and he was not yet comfortable in these quarters; his reaction was to be expected. In his post-sleep confusion, he rambled for a moment, and as soon as he noticed the food she handed him the steaming bowl, Good morning. She said cheerfully, I’m here to get you for our hunt, or don’t you remember? She teased as she found a place to sit down to enjoy her own breakfast.

She didn’t look at him as she ate, and didn’t allow him the chance to refuse her taking a seat. He was her brother after all, and in each other’s homes they would always be welcome; at least, that’s how she believed it should be. Their father had been as happy as could be to have his fourth-born son back in the fold; Callum had become quite sentimental after Veyra’s death, and as he aged. He had put his heart and soul into helping to raise Quinn and Kira, though it definitely had been a group effort; it took a village was the old human saying – it took a pack to raise a pup to successful adulthood. These were all things that Aldora believed Eros may have missed in his years gallivanting, living the high life; there were joy in these things, she hoped she could help him see that.

She drank the rest of the thick broth of the stew and smacked her lips with satisfaction, You ready? She asked brightly, before springing back up to her feet. Even though this hunt was mainly for pleasure, she always got a burst of energy leading up to it. Aldora was a wolf through and through, the thrill of the hunt was in her blood.

(+3) ooc goes here

Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Nat

POSTED: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Their hands had brushed when she’d handed him the bowl, it was strange how intimate that seemed to him; nothing about living in Casa seemed easy or straightforward. He watched Aldora settle herself quite unselfconsciously, and Eros wondered at that also, but not for too long. The feeling of the heat on his pads was good, and the scent made his stomach lurch. It was simple, but then Eros had always eaten what he could get, although alcohol and, more so since Altair had got his hands on Eros, weed now, had often been his evening meal, and snack for that matter. The stew was hot and filling and as he ate, he could feel it spread around him. He ate with speed and efficiency, not looking up or saying anything until the bowl was clean. He put it to one side and stood up, stretching to a stall as the room would allow, his joints popping quietly.

”Yeah I remember, I just thought you meant hunting during the day, not in the middle of the night.”

He strapped the belt, from which hung his two knives, around his waist, his only item of clothing, and looked at Aldora before walking out of the room and waiting outside in the hallway.

”You show me where you want to go and I’ll show you how to scare up some grub.”

The food, and the time to gather his faculties had brought out the more charming Eros, the one who knew what he was doing and took charge easily. He looked at her bow.

”Ah, I see this isn’t going to happen the old fashioned way, where we actually chase down our meal.” he teased gently.

Wrenched from sleep as a he might have been, the wolf, no matter how hard Eros had tried to subdue it with numbing agents, was strong in him, and the prospect of a hunt, like his ancestors, was a source of excitement, and a good way to reinforce bonds and family ties.

OOC: SoSu WC 336
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet
Draiko

POSTED: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:55 pm

aldora knight

She grinned at his jokes, suddenly in a jovial mood. Of course, if he was confused as to the time of day, he’d soon find out; the sky outside was lightening into a soft pinkish gray. She watched as he began to strap on his belt, surprised that he was choosing to go in his two legged form instead of shifting down. Aldora did not know if she still could shift, and was somewhat frightened to try, but surely he would prefer the more fleet of foot form. But no matter, she figured that his time as a loner had made him pretty successful at hunting, though hunts were always best made in numbers.

She barked out a laugh at his insinuating that he was going to teach her, You do know that I’m a hunter for Casa, right? She said, trying to match his snark. Grabbing his bowl, she adjusted her bow, And as far as “the old fashioned way”; that’s going to be your job. You chase, I shoot. C’mon, let’s go. And headed back down to the kitchen to drop off the bowls, before exiting out into the cold of the Fort Square.

Outside was crisp and cool and wet, fat clumpy flakes fell from the sky; it was quiet. Already others were up and about to begin their daily chores, the air hung heavy with the scent of wood-smoke. Aldora loved her pack, she loved this place, and it showed on her face. Confidently heading towards the Fort gates, which were open, she turned to look over her shoulder at her brother, We’re going to head towards Mirage Glen; there should be a good amount of deer in that area; maybe we’ll even have a chance to catch a horse, though they're pretty difficult to pin down. It had been some time since she had checked on the Glade herd but they tended to be strong, sure of foot, and hard to catch.

(+3) ooc goes here

Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Nat

POSTED: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Eros had bitten back a reply when his sister had mentioned that she was a hunter for the pack. He’d almost let slip his profession, but thought that discretion, in this aspect of his life, was perhaps for the best.

While Aldora had headed to the kitchen to hand the bowls back, Eros had gone outside and headed down the courthouse steps looking up into the sky.

”It’s the middle of the night!” he said indignation clear in his tone. ”You woke me up in the middle of the night for a hunt, and a hunt with a bow and twigs?”

For a moment, Eros looked back towards the entrance and the thought of just descending back into his bed gripped him. However, the excitement of the wolf inside him was too great at the prospect of a hunt and he followed after Aldora.

”I hope you mean a horse to eat, because if you want to get another one for riding, I’m not the guy you want for that. Horses take a whiff of me and start kicking at their stalls, not to mention the fact that I look at one and think lunch.”

As they strode through the gates, Eros’s expression was thoughtful, and a couple of times he opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again. His knives had always been safely stowed places, secretly and out of harms way.

”Okay, if you’re going to stand back, I’ll take the lead, but don’t fire off your shot until I give you the signal.”

He had been about to ask his sister if she would hold his knives for him, but he’d chickened out. He sighed and just did it.

”I need you to hold my knives.” Eros said unstrapping the belt and felt a nakedness that had nothing to do with wearing no clothes. It was the closest the fiery pelted Damaichu could come to a request, or to rely on someone else, it was stupid how much it had cost him.

OOC: SoSu WC 336
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet
Draiko

POSTED: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:50 pm

aldora knight

Of course I mean to eat. She said with a smile on her face, and a laugh on her tongue. She was not one of those uppity Luperci who only saw the use of a horse in its ride-ability; when it came down to it, a horse was like any other animal; meat.

As they walked together, he jested at her abilities, and suggested that she would stand back so he could take the lead. All she did in response was shoot him a look; he may be her brother, and a jester, but she was in charge here; for now, she would give him the benefit of the doubt. Then, he asked her to hold his knives; at this point she knew the significance of this request and nodded, taking the belt from him and strapping it around her own waist to keep it safe. Aldora supposed he would now shift down to his natural form, as to allow them more ease with the hunt.

They were already beyond the Fort by the time she quieted her steps and slowed her movements; the Valiant went into full on hunter mode and started tracking. Deer tracks criss-crossed with those of rabbit, horses, and vermin; she had to focus on one track alone and make an educated decision on what would be the best to go after. Ultimately, she decided to track a deer, the hoof-prints of which were off-kilter, suggesting that it was limping and injured. The entire time she moved, she made sure to check to see if Eros was nearby; she wouldn’t let him stray too far, but he seemed to know what he was doing.

After a good hour or two of tracking this lone deer, it was finally spotted among the trees; a sickly looking doe pushing around the frosted ground to get at the food underneath. Silently, Aldora crouched and readied her bow. But the doe was on high alert, and its neck snapped up and looked around, obviously realizing that it was in danger; it bolted into the woods. She cursed quietly, and then flicked her lavender eyes to her brother, Bring her to me.

(+3) ooc goes here

Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Nat

POSTED: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:50 pm

Many might think that shifting down to his natural form was merely a physical change for Eros, but it was not. The fiery pelted Damaichu could feel the world change, his mind changed shape along with his body. As they entered the forest, a barrage of distractions assaulted his nose, which twitched, filtering and differentiating. As a pup, Eros could still remember when every scent demanded his attention, which was often made cubs so useless at hunting, there was no ability to focus. Luckily, he was older now and he had a helper. Aldora began moving, and she didn’t have to tell him what scent she was following, Eros could figure it out. Both Luperci could no doubt smell the flaw in the doe, and perhaps that’s what drew them to her, and while Eros would have been up for a challenge, he was also hungry, and the doe’s smell only reminded him just how hungry he was. There might have also been Luperci who would have shifted to secui, the larger for legged form definitely ahd more strength, but Eros in lupus was certainly a sight to behold. He was light on his feet and somehow managed to disappear into the foliage despite his garish pelt colour.

The doe was not well, her movements were not quite right and she was alone, never a good sign. However the creature was still lovely, and while Eros might have been jaded, he could still appreciate what the doe meant to them. As the pair watched silently, Eros almost forgot about his sister, instead he began his own plan. His reverie was interrupted when Aldora spoke to him. He turned towards her, surprise registering on his face.

”Head right, and stay ready.”

He didn’t give her time to argue, and in the eerie way that Eros seemed to have, he disappeared into the trees. Of course the feat wouldn’t have been so strange, if Aldora knew that his day job for the last few years had been killing Luperci for folk that gave him a lot of stuff, although that was a detail he didn’t think needed to be shared, ever.

The forest fell silent, Eros’s scent disappear on the breeze to be replaced by those of the doe and of evening flowers. Calm settled over the place, though a thrum of tension still ran through the doe’s muscles, though it was clear her certainty and desire to eat, were making that alertness waver.

Eros erupted from the undergrowth to the left of the doe, leaf litter and dirt flew about him as he sprang. The visage he presented was dragged straight from the underworld, his fangs glistened with saliva and his golden eyes glittered with malevolence, the doe bolted, in the opposite direction from danger. Eros counted two heartbeats and sprang after it, the chase on.
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet
Draiko

POSTED: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:14 pm

aldora knight

Eros looked at her, and for a split second she did not recognize him. The usual look of nonchalance and haughty disinterest was replaced with a look straight out of a time long past, before the Luperci. It was a wild look, and so she was somewhat shocked into silence when he ordered her to move right and be on guard; and then he was off.

Her brain caught up with her body, No, wait, Eros! She whispered harshly, but he was already into the woods after the doe. She cursed again and got up and went right, as he had said, but it was not what she had wanted. This direction brought them deeper into the woods, where both he and the deer were well-suited to maneuver, but it only helped to slow the two legged woman way down. She had wanted him to skirt around quietly and then chase the deer back towards her, but instead now she would have to run and hope against hope she was able to catch up with them.

After a few minutes, she realized she could no longer hear her brother and their prey; had they gotten so far ahead already? But then, through the trees, she spotted a texture and color not synonymous with the surrounding foliage; the deer.

Aldora crouched, and readied her bow; she did not see or smell Eros anywhere, but would not let this chance slip by. She pulled the draw-string tight and loosed the arrow. At the exact same moment, a bullet of orange burst through the trees on the other side of the animal, which bolted straight at her, SHIT! She said, having to dive out of the way before being trampled. The doe, seeing the other wolf, panicked and turned back towards Eros, and then seeing him, kicked out at him with sharp hooves.

Aldora righted herself, and saw a glint of red on the doe’s backside, the arrow she had fired having hit its mark in some way, but not enough to disable its target. It looked like Eros may be able to kill this doe on his own, but Aldora suddenly found herself angry that he would try to take the hunt over as the dominant party. She growled low and readied another arrow, Stay out of my way! And loosed it, this time being careful to aim right at the creature’s heart.

(+4) ooc goes here

Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Nat

POSTED: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Flickers of green and flashes of light were all Eros saw as he stalked his prey. It had been a long time since he had allowed himself to be this relaxed, to hunt in this form and to revel in it. The Damaichu found the experience liberating, and just as he’d sloughed off his optime form, so to had he shed the more complex notions that often cluttered his optime thoughts. Right now, in this moment, all there was, was the prey and the chase. Despite his lupus form though, the fact he was now in a pack, was only a distant memory as his mind made the calculations that generations of ancestors had made before him.

Though Eros didn’t see the arrow, he heard the whoosh of displaced air, before the shaft found its mark, burying into the creature’s rump, doubtless not the target, but Aldora hadn’t done as she’d been told. The rust pelted male didn’t get time to think on the fact she’d not followed instructions, because he was forced to dodge a kick. As it turned out, Eros was fast enough to avoid most of it, feeling the hoof glance off of his side. Eros grunted, knowing that later it would be saw and stiffness would settle in quickly, but not before their quarry had been dispatched.

Aldora shouted something else, but Eros was too focused on the final stages of this hunt. The doe was looking at him, and Eros knew he needed to get behind her. The fiery pelted Damaichu was expecting a protracted dance, but the doe staggered sideways, an arrow protruding from its side and the smell of blood blooming in the air. It was all the opening Eros needed. Without mercy and a savage efficiency. Eros took one step, two step, three steps forwards and lunged upwards, ripping at the doe’s throat, there was a stifled screamed and she collapsed, her sides heaving as she slowly died. Eros licked his bloodied muzzle, giving him almost a demonic appearance, and just like his ancestors, he did not wait for the creature to die before he lowered his head preparing to feed. Only a sharp cry from Aldora brought him up short and he looked at his sister, his expression annoyed at having been interrupted.

Eros golden eyes clearly showed that the lupus was in charge, and the drug taking, whoring and flippant brother was still there, but he was along for the ride for the most part.
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet
Draiko

Dead Topics