Stranger and Stranger the World

Teagan

POSTED: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:54 pm

The trio had arrived back home late the night before, tired and confused from their long journey. A week had past since they had left Casa, the longest Minerva had been outside of the pack since joining as a yearling. It had been refreshing to an extent, even though she still believed Risa to be…well a little frustrating at times. She would dare not use anything stronger to describe another pack member. The male had his god points: he was energetic, happy, and confidant. Yet, Minnie was sure she wouldn’t be volunteering to spend another six days straight with just him and Cedric for company. At least Cedric hadn’t left her alone with him.

She had slept solidly, well until the sun had risen the next day. Her body was tired from the journey and her mind was filled with questions about what exactly had been wrong with the strange man, and where did their clothes go? Likely it was the male, his scent was the only smell around after all, but why would he steal clothes? Questions twirled in her mind as she began to stir and get dressed in the morning. Maybe this was something she should let someone more qualified than herself know.

In that matter only one canine came to her mind. Defense was the job of the War Lord, and thankfully Minnie didn’t mind bothering her ex-mentor just a little if it meant providing her with information. The Stryder was a hard woman but she was softer than she let on. Leaving the courthouse she searched around to see if she could spot the canary eyed woman somewhere. With luck she spotted Mako and Teagan training in the distant ring. Quickening her pace she closed the gap between herself and the ring, waiting without interruption for her mentor to tell her it was okay to address her.

OOC: Back dated to early April :3 500+ words

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Melissa
Luperci Herbalist, Spiritual Advisor They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:56 am

Optime | Fort Kingsbury | Backdated: Early April | cNPC: Mako (+564)

The pair traded strike for strike, metal against metal, and metal against wood. The clangs and general noise created by their spar echoed out into the Fort. They moved at a fast pace, leaving little room for correcting a mistake. The wrong placement, the misjudged distance or power, the wrong shift in one’s body weight; the potential for bruising, minor cuts, and tired muscles was high. It was how Teagan wanted it though. It was as close to real-time combat as she could ask for without worry of serious harm or damage.

Mako swung down with his axe, causing Teagan to grunt as she raised her shield to block the blow. He had been too close for her to dodge out of the way without him merely altering the angle or direction mid-swing. The blunted axe’s edge meeting the shield sent a shockwave down her arm, through her body, and down into her planted feet. It had pushed her shield back towards her person, but, in the end, the defensive tool had done its purpose. She had managed to absorb the blow without taking a blade to the shoulder.

“Shit,” she heard her partner curse. And, with a tug on her shield arm, she realized that his axe had become stuck.

Teagan held the shield tight to her and turned her body, forcing Mako’s extended arm to move with it lest he let go of his only weapon. The War Lord slashed with her sword, catching her opponent partially across his back and side in an act that would have cut him open in a critical manner. Feeling the motion of her dull-edged sword tag him, the smith let go of his axe with defeat, hands raised hands. “Dead,” he panted, accepting he had lost the bout.

She panted too, dropping to a more relaxed stance with the session ended. “You did…better…this time,” she complimented. She turned her shield over to expect the axe that was still lodged in it. “With a…real axe, you probably would have…split right through the…shield.” It was impressive.

Mako moved closer to her, hands grasping the axe’s handle. He pulled one way, and she pulled in the other, dislodging the training weapon. It was then that Teagan realized she felt eyes upon her, and eyes that did not belong to Mako. Turning, she saw her ex-apprentice, Minerva standing just outside the ring. Her breath returned, she greeted, “Minerva, made it back in one piece, I see.” She had heard of the trio’s—Cedric, Minerva, Risa—return the night before, but, she had yet to see any one of them personally.

“Welcome back, Minerva!” Mako chimed with a smile and friendly tail wag. He stepped close to Teagan, and she turned to look at him briefly before he slipped her sword out of her hand and took her shield from her. “I’ll leave you ladies to talk. I hate to bolt, but, I have some new metal to smelt today.”

Teagan gave him a single, grateful nod for returning their weapons to the armory. While the Ridley moved off towards the Courthouse, the War Lord strode over to the Griffith. She offered a small, lukewarm smile. “How was it?” Had the boys behaved themselves? She would have had them both castrated if they hadn’t.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
The Brotherhood: Master of Bladed Weapons
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 pm

Keeping her mouth closed she watched in silence, ever curious about her mentors relationship with Mako. The girl was not so naive to think that they were just friends. The pups Teagan and she had made…disappear, were clearly the Valiant’s. Sometimes, in the dead of night, she could still see Mako’s worry for her mentor’s life and remember the thick smell of iron as her own hands were pained red trying to help the War Lord. She wondered if Mako had ever told a soul, she more than wondered, she worried constantly. Mako had been a consistent sight around the Stryder woman, and Minerva believed his softness, and joking manner was good for Tea. Of course, that was not her prerogative to speak to.

She was pulled from her thoughts as Teagan greeted her, causing her t snap into a short bow of respect. Before she could speak Mako joyfully added his own greeting and began to take leave. “Thank you Makoto. Have a good day.” She spoke with a soft but friendly tone as the older male gook off. Once he was out of ear shot she turned to see canary eyes on her and a smile, a rare gift from her old mentor. In return she mimicked the small smile, not wanting to seem over eager for her attention ."It was….strange.” She concluded. There wasn’t really a better word for what she had experienced. “I don’t think I’ll be traveling with Risa ever again.” She spoke, her smile widening slightly. Minerva was mindful not to say so many words about that experience, sure that Teagan would get what she was going for without her having to explain.

“We traveled up to Prince Edward Island with the help of a merchant.” She continued, “but I really wanted to report what happened on the western edges of the island.” Her face grew harder, this was a report, a duty as an Officer, not simply a social visit. “A strange older male with patchy fur approached us. He didn’t seem to respond to our warnings or anything…he seemed to act like we didn’t exist.” Her lips pressed together as she though about the strange incident. “When he left our sight we all got itchy, so we took off our clothes to search for the source. As we were searching through clothes and checking each other in confusion some of our clothes were stolen.” Such an odd happening. Stealing clothes was something she would expect from the young jokers in the pack but not from an older man who seemed unaware of his surroundings.

OOC: Back dated to early April :3 400+ words

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Melissa
Luperci Herbalist, Spiritual Advisor They stole my dirty socks... :(

Casa di Cavalieri