You Go Through Life Wondering What it's All About

But at the End of the Day, it's All About Family

POSTED: Sun May 26, 2019 3:51 am

Dusk had given word of Borya's extended family beyond the Hushhowl clan, and it was safe to say that Darkness wasn't too happy about it. The issues that rose quickly and ended just as abruptly when Dusk had gone to find Zetsubou were still fresh in Darkness mind. The image of his daughter, not unlike his late mate, were carved into his mind. As far as his children were concerned, they were very much like their parents, if not as fantastic as Hartt herself. To assume Borya's Uncle may not be the same as his brother, or father? It seemed foolish to assume.

Nevertheless, he sought man's time out when word had found the Hushhowl man. Hibiki, was his name, and the man had been granted permission to see Borya by Luca and Dusk. He did not want to infringe on that time, of course, but he'd sent word through Dusk that when their meeting was over, it was time for Darkness to figure out who this man was and what he was all about.

Sitting at the fire in the center of the densite, Darkness prodded at the flames. He recalled his first instinct of Shaamah, moreso than Zetsubou. Hartt had trusted the man, but he couldn't blame her for any of it. Everything had been so chaotic. Hackles shivered atop his shoulders as he folded his arms and rested his chin against them. He was angry enough to want the bastard to pay in blood, but not so foolish as to thing he could overpower the very same man that lifted him off the ground when he struggled.

Why did everything lead back to that miserable day?

Was it something he'd done?

Hartt was so strong of will and heart. Eyes of brilliant blue like the summer skies that stretched out endlessly, but a warrior's mindset behind those precious sapphires that was unyielding. What would she have him do with Hibiki? The thoughts lingered in his head for quite some time before he found himself in the corporeal world, again. Amber eye lifted from the fire and found he'd been sitting there long enough for the sun to pass the crest over his head. It shouldn't be long now, so he sat patiently with a dull gaze at the light of the crackling flames.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Dark
Fisher

POSTED: Mon May 27, 2019 10:26 pm

+300 words.

Hibiki often wondered what the other members of the Petite Cour thought of the male's migration between the small loner band and Casa. He had his reasons, but greatest of those was to see his new family. Considering their paths in life, it didn't seem like there was too much going for either of the brothers. Maybe Jamaigo had it the best. He was still wandering about at the University in Portland.

Sapient might have been gone, but no doubt those that had moved to Portland were still hanging around the same area, much like the Cour was doing with the members of the Court that had chosen to stay behind and fight.

The dark male could never turn his back on them, not on the place he had come to to wipe his slate clear, to accompany the great friend he had made, and jump ship when they needed him the most. There was still so much he could do for them, and nothing was going to make him change his mind. He was thankful to the Casa leader for allowing him passage to visit with his nephew.

The young one was coming along well despite the injury that he was cursed with.

On this particular outing, he had been invited to join another of the members, the father of Dusk. Darkness was part of his family now, and it would look poor on him not to introduce himself, as well as to ignore such a summons. He had spent much of the day among those in Casa, spotting the collared man sitting by the fire.

Hibiki padded towards the muscular man, bowing his head respectfully before taking a seat across from the man. He straightened out his kimono before addressing Darkness, It is a pleasure to formally meet you sir. Sorry if I am a little late. You wanted to speak to me?

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:22 pm

The shadow of a man that moved opposite end of the fire pulled Darkness' eye out of the daze of memories that had taken up the empty moments of his life. The Hushhowl Patriarch wasn't so well versed that he was going to get up and let the man sit with a proper introduction, but Darkness was not so ignorant to socialization now that the man's apology was going to fall on deaf ears,” Yeu ahre hiere. Dhank yeu feur coeming,” Darkness straightened himself up. He wasn't upset that the man took so long. After all, if he had been spending time with Borya or Dusk, that was one thing, and surely he had other things to do than simply talk. Darkness, however, did not. All in all, the waiting was worth it to finally see the man.

“I deid,” Grayed muzzle looked around the den site for a moment, seeking out if Dusk or Borya were soon to come. Finding the trail to the den from the Fort clear, he returned a solitary eye to Hibiki,” My faemily haes becoem laerge ahnd bien throeugh haerd tiems. It briengs dhe neid feur mieting ahll ov dhose dhat ahre in it,” His expression didn't match the tone of his voice. An expression of his face was void of anything that might give away his true intention. A blessing and a curse. His tune, however muddled by his accent, had a warmer hint to his, as well as a bit of a defensive tone. He was doing well enough to keep his hands off of Hibiki's collar. Dusk had mentioned that he was unlike the beast who had harmed her. He couldn't blame him for what his father had done, but there was always the chance that there was ill will. Darkness needed to know for himself.

“I have haerd ov dhie Coeurt. I ahm soerry feur vhaet it haed coem teu,” Condolences were given to the man that was just as much a part of Darkness' family now, as he was a stranger to him,” Yeu ahre vielcome teu coem teu our dien if yeu nied ahnythieng, buet fuerst... Tiell me aboeut yeursielf. Who ahre yeu? Vhaet yeu deu?” The first question came and was given plenty of time to answer. He'd listen intently to what Hibiki had to say about it. Hard work was something the Hushhowls valued by nature, and it would give him some insight to where Borya's blood came from. After all, Dusk's pregnancy had surprised them all. All he had was Hibiki to get an idea of where his grandson came from.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Dark
Fisher

POSTED: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:17 am

+300 words.

Hibiki had not meant to keep the man waiting. Judging from the interaction he had with Dusk, there was still a lot of information that was still left out. They didn't know much about him or even the background on the man that was Borya's father. With Jamaigo not even being around that much, it left him being the sole source of this kind of information.

His suspicions on the matter had been confirmed when Darkness explained about his expanding family, and what they had been through. Both families had been through so much, but where as his own family had seemed so broken apart, the white and black man's family held strong. How envious he was, even if for just a few moments. He wish he knew where his brother had gotten to.. for his other brother to come join the rest of them here instead of being in Portland.

In time. He just had to be patient and search for the former of the two brothers.

The topic of the Court caused his head to lower a bit, ears turning back slightly, It is troubling times for all of us, but we are surviving. We're still strong so long as we have one another, and I will do whatever I can to help.

The dark male gave a small pause before he continued, Thank you for the offer sir. My name is Hibiki, and I am the Petite Cour's blacksmith. I am their Armurier. Those were the answers to the man's questions, but he knew there were more sure to come. He let his answers hang in the air for a moment before he spoke up again, Please, feel free to ask about anything you like. I'll answer them the best I can given the questions.

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:45 pm

The aging Patriarch listened intently as Hibiki explained how he was troubled, yet he seemed to focus more on the fact that as long as he had the others, he would do what it took to keep them strong. It was a soothing notion to hear, and Darkness, as well as all of Casa di Cavalieri surely held the same heart for their own as Hibiki did. It was in how he spoke of the others as a part of himself, rather than how he alone had felt about the whole situation. A part of a whole. Darkness knew this deep in his bones. He remembered iterations of his faintest memories lined with the silvery glow of one for all. Hartt, in all her compassion and kindness, only amplified things that his heart already knew to be true. Hushhowl turned away for a time as quiet moved between them both.

Darkness wasn't so quick to accept a second son of a murderer without further trial, but the son of a soulless monster spoke again.

Stoic features kept him as he maintained a level head despite his swirling thoughts,” I ahm suer dhat dhi Peteet Coer is proued teu haev yeu,” His words were admirable enough, but Shaamah had once been trustworthy on more than that. Hibiki could not be judged on the actions of his family members, all the same, he could not be exonerated simply because he was a team player and hard working.

At Hibiki's offer, Darkness finally met the glacial eyes with a very serious, intense gaze,” Yeur Faether,” Russian lilt tore heavily through that word, poisoned by a single action that dealt sorrow through his family's soul,” Who is he teu yeu?” He was not looking for a pretty answer, as his mind had already been swayed as to who Shaamah was exactly,” Whaet vaes yeur reilationshiep like? Why deid yeu lieave, whein yeur broether remained?” If Hibiki truly believed in the strength of remaining together, then why would he leave his family for the Court while it still stood? The Petite Cour's Armurier could be better judged by his actions, than the words. While there was no reason for him to lie to Borya's grandfather, Darkness couldn't simply dismiss the suspicion.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Dark
Fisher

POSTED: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:13 pm

+400 words.

There seemed to be a short bit of silence that hung over the two of them, Darkness looking over the younger male that sat in front of him more seriously. It was a bit off putting, and certainly made him feel a bit nervous about the whole exchange, but he had nothing to ultimately fear. Out of those in his family, he and his brothers were the ones with the least amount of crimes hanging over their heads.

Miwa and Shaamah were far worse than their children.

A bright smile moved over the dark man's face to Darkness' words. In truth, he had been thankful that the court, and even Kalypso, had taken him in in the first place. She didn't have to extend the invitation out to him, and if it wasn't for her, he probably would have been wandering around as a loner long before now. Now he had a place to call home, and new people to call his family.

And he wanted to do everything in his power to see them succeed. He gave a nod to the man, I hope so. I am thankful to all of them for letting me stay.

Hibiki grew quiet as the first thing that the black and white man had mentioned was his father. There was a clear shift in his face by the way that his eyes narrowed, his smile faded, and his body grew more tense, just by those two words alone. He wanted not only to know what his relationship was with the boy, but why he had left their father when his brother remained.

Fur stood up a bit under his kimono as he folded his hands together, Shaamah never cared about any of us, and didn't want to even be part of raising us. There is no relationship for us, and is why I don't ever refer to him as 'father' unless I have to. Not everyone exactly knows him by name.

He paused, thinking back to when the pair had been along the borders of Casa so long ago. In truth, it seemed like a lifetime ago when he had last seen Zetsubou. Light blue gaze found their way back to Darkness before he answered, I tired to get him to leave. When he was traveling with Shaamah, I found him not too far from Casa, and Shaamah was not around. I tried to convince him to leave and live his own life, but he was too afraid to do it. He gave a small scoff before turning his head to the side, Looks like he should have listened to me when he had the chance.

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:31 pm

From speaking of his home and his gratuity for them, to the abrupt and unfortunate change that Darkness' following words brought about, was not lost to him. Usually, he was ignorant to subtle changes, but this one spoke loud and clear to the father. Hibiki was uneasy, it seemed, and in what way the Hushhowl wasn't so keen to try and assume. He'd let words to what he couldn't in unfolding the mystery of the man that was Borya's Uncle, and let him explain the truth behind his brother and father's actions.

The truth, was unsettling.

Darkness' features hadn't altered, but his heart moved within his chest. This dark pelted man before him didn't seem to know any love for the man that was his father. He couldn't imagine his own children, from Dusk to Temnota, feeling for just a moment that they might be unloved by the Hushhowl Patriarch. Surely, Night may have, and in that, he felt a particular pull to ensure he was a part of her life now.

Hibiki's next answer required thought. It seemed maybe that it was some time ago, and the description of the moment was followed by a curdled noise,” Fiear is poewerful,” Darkness spoke against Hibiki's frustration. It gave the Father a little more to work with and a strong understanding of the way Zetsubou would act in his father's presence when they were invited by Hartt to Casa,” Ohn yeur honour... If he viere teu coem baek... Vithout his Faether,” Language was chopped a bit as Darkness thought of words that might be better to use, comparatively to what he was thinking and how he felt about Shaamah and his red son,” Voeuld yeu voeuch feur hiem? Or voeuld yeu tuern hiem aeway?”

It was a question that had more might in it that was made for Hibiki to understand. As far as Darkness was considered, Zetsubou was dead, and he'd like to believe that Dusk wanted the same for the man. It wouldn't be true, knowing how she pined for Borya's sire. One last question came to follow,” Voeuld yeu be thiere feur Borya?”

Darkness didn't question his mortality, and the promise he'd made to Hartt would still stand. Borya was just as much a son to Darkness as he was a grandson. A different name for it didn't change the heart. If Hibiki chose to be in Borya's life now, it had to last for as long as the ex-Courtier could manage it. If all else failed, if Borya no longer had his family, Darkness wanted to know that Hibiki would take care of his nephew.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Dark
Fisher

POSTED: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:45 pm

+400 words.

Hibiki never liked to think back to the days of Sapient, not since he had come to the Court to start off clean. Nothing about the place was full of any good memories. Well, that wasn't entirely true. Any time that he had with his brothers and the small moments he had with Kadir were close to him, but now they seemed like a distant past. Jamaigo was somewhere in Portland, Zetsubou was missing in action, and Kadir had gone missing.

All he had now was his small family in the Petite Cour, and now his nephew. He dreaded to think of what he might do if he were to fail them like he had the others.

Darkness seemed to have taken everything in, and there was that short look of confusion and shock that came from speaking about his parents. Why on earth would any normal parents treat their children this way? It was a wonder why Shaamah even let his son come along with him when he didn't care about him. Then again, that was the greatest piece of information Zetsubou had going for him.

The dark male gave a silent nod to the older man's words. He hated to admit how right he was, but fear was a powerful thing. Even so, his brother was the same age as himself, and at a fine age to start making his own decisions. Why did he just have to pick the stupidest one?

One eyebrow rose to what the black and white male spoke again. If Zetsubou were to come back, would he vouch for him? Would he be there for Borya? He had already wanted to be there for his nephew, but it seemed the serious tone of the man was on some kind of question on if the boy's father would even turn up at all. He knew that Dusk believed him to be missing, or something worse, but he knew better.

The only reason I would ever turn my brother away is if he turned into someone like Shaamah, and trust me, that is something that will never happen. But you have my word that I will vouch for my brother and look after Borya.

He paused for a moment, leaning in a bit, Was there anything else you may want to know? Perhaps some of my own thoughts?

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Hibiki seemed to understand the questions Darkness was asking, even on the sub level. The man spoke so sure of his brother, and how he'd never resort to Shaamah's way of life, but even in surety things could change. The idea that the Armurier could turn his brother away, should that be the case, seemed honest enough as well as pure of intention. It was heart-warming to know, even if Darkness' features hadn't shifted from their stoical form," I viell hoeld yeu teu yoer woerd," He ensured. The first level of trust was that dependency, should Hibiki ever need to step in between Borya and his own brother.

There was a chance for Borya to have many protectors, and this man would be one of them. All that had to happen between the two men, now, was growing trust. It may be more difficult for Darkness, considering the knife that still rested in his back from Shaamah's betrayal, but if Hibiki spoke the truth, then it would grow strong.

Nodding his head, he moved to relax for a moment, but Hibiki's growing nearness brought him to mimic the action. The question he released into the air was something that peaked Darkness interests even more so than Hibiki's relation with Zetsubou and his monstrous father.

“I voueld liek teu knoew, yies,” He spoke pointedly about the young man's thoughts. If there was anything he was going to be able to learn without asking, this was going to be it. Questions could spout until Darkness was blue in the face with them, but he didn't think himself a smart enough man to know every nook and cranny of a man simply from his own perception,” Spaek friely teu me,” The Hushhowl assured. If they were family and Hibiki wanted to be a part of the Hushhowl's world, then there was no reason to have apprehension between them.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Dark
Fisher

POSTED: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:19 pm

+300 words.

Darkness had taken his words, his vow, to be there for not only his brother, but for his Casa nephew as well. Family, though fragmented, was still somewhat something that was important to him. While Miwa and Shaamah could rot for the things they had done not only to their children, but against one another, the bond he shared with his brothers was still something close and dear to him.

Maybe not so much Jamaigo with how long he had been apart from the other brothers, but he would still want to rebuild that if his brother ever came back to the area. There would be a whole lot for him to catch up on should that ever be the case.

Both men leaned in a bit more, the heat of the flames in front of the them dancing along their pelts. The black and white male seemed curious to the younger one's own suggestion, one on his own thoughts. Perhaps on the matter at hand or things in general? Maybe this would be a good time to ask some questions of his own, but that would be reserved for later.

The dark male pondered over a few things before he finally spoke up, his gaze not lifting from the man that sat across from him, As I understand it from Dusk, there is a general belief that my brother is missing, or worse is already dead. I would not want to give false hope, but I find this hard to believe. Shaamah hated us, that much is certain.

He paused before he continued, But then why not kill Zetsubou the moment Sapient fell? At that point, Miwa was already gone, our other brother had long since been established in Portland, and I opted to remain behind for a few days before I made my way down south. It was just the two of them. So why didn't he just kill my brother when he had the chance?

I don't think he's dead, and if we can find Shaamah, we'll find him. There must be some reason why he kept Zetsubou alive as long as he did. No one would have been around to learn or care if he had been murdered.

Hibiki

Petite Cour
Armurier
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

Dead Topics