Laying it out on the table

POSTED: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:39 pm

The dinning room has seen little use over the years, help clean it up for the Hunters Feast

Armani Catori
The path of the Warrior is lifelong,
and mastery is often simply staying on the path.

Armani ran a hand through her red hair as she slowly pulled it back. She slowly combed it with her fingers until nothing was left down. She tied it back with some leather as she searched through her things for a piece of mirror. Good enough she thought to herself her dark hand placing down the mirror.

She dipped her hands into the bucket of water and splashed her face. She hadn’t slept well since she ran into Dawn. Just the thought of her made her heart flutter. She took in a breath as she shook her head. She needed to talk to her she had to. Armani paced the room as she grunted to herself. She needed her mother, or father or even her aunt. She needed someone to talk to. Someone to help her weed out the feelings that she didn’t understand.

She leaned on the table, taking in deep breaths she calmed herself down. ”Ok Armani, look she’s just a girl. A girl that you like, she’s the thing that makes you smile. she spoke to herself. She needed to tell her, she wasn’t getting any younger she needed to finally get her full feelings on the table.

Cleaning they were just going to clean the hall maybe help with decorating. It would give them a chance to be close to one another. She straightened herself dusting invisible dust from her fur. One last look in her shard of mirror and she was out the door. Dark paws meeting aged wood floors as she made her way through the courthouse.

The dining room really was in a bit of disarray. She might as well start first she was sure Dawn would be here soon. Taking a fur she had failed to skin properly she began wiping down the seating of its dust and webbing. Her mind raced with what she was going to say. I like you, like you know I love you. I’ve wanted to tell you for a while. I was going to tell you before you left but… she huffed shaking her head. Armani you sound like you are whining. Is that how you think you’ll win her? she just felt so stupid. The fur ran over one of the old wood benches. She wasn’t asking her to mate right away, she was just asking for a chance. Really she was just trying to get her feelings out there. She was still off from forever. For all she knew Dawn could not want this; afterall Dawn wanted a family like her siblings. In honesty it wasn’t like Armani had the stuff it took to build a family, they could definitely build a family it’d just be things they’d need to talk about. Pups she was getting ahead of herself as she stopped wiping down the seat and rubbed her head. “Slow down Armani” she spoke taking in a breath and letting it out. Maybe she should have stayed at the outpost then she could have pretended theses feeling didn’t exist.

OOC 518+
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:15 am

Dawn Hushhowl

Dawn had spent the previous day fishing with her father, it had given her time to think and to voice her feelings. Never in her wildest dreams had she thought of loving a woman, but the feelings were there. Armani had stolen her heart, and she wanted to confront all her feelings for Armani and finally be open about how she felt.

An overwhelming feeling of anxiety spread through her like wildfire, the uncertainty of confronting her feelings was terrifying. But it had to be done, regardless of the outcome. Dawn had run away from Armani not once but twice, and if this pattern continued she could end up losing her best friend.

The snowy woman had been standing outside of the courthouse for a few moments, she had been trying to work out the courage to face Armani. Dawn knew that this conversation should have happened long ago, putting it off for this long they had only complicated the situation that much more.

The gravity of their situation had been weighing heavily on Dawn's mind. She had so many questions and doubts, she didn't even know if Armani felt the same. These thoughts continued to bounce around in her mind before she stopped her pacing, and turned to face the courthouse doors.

She had to do this, she had to face Armani and at the very least apologize for running away. She had to explain herself, no matter how terrifying it was. She needed to stop procrastinating. She needed to go talk to Armani, now. She had finally worked up enough courage, she was going to do it. Silver hands yanked open the door to the courthouse and quickly passing through the threshold. Ocean gems struggled to adjust to the lower lighting, blinking forcefully as she fought to keep her courage from dissipating before she even reached the dining hall.

Dawn's heart began thudding so hard she could feel it in her throat as mumbled voices came from the dining hall. She knew the voice coming from the dining hall belonged to Armani, and this allowed a new wave of worry to wash over her. 'What if she doesn't want me anymore... I hurt her so badly..' she thought to herself. Taking in deep breaths in attempts to calm her nerves, she decided it was time. She couldn't keep putting this off, it wasn't fair to Armani or herself. Reaching for the doorknob, Dawn froze. 'What if she never wants to see me again..' she asked herself. She had run away twice now, who would want a mate that had a track record of running away?

The thoughts that plagued her mind caused her to hesitate, hand frozen in place clutching the doorknob. It was now or never, if she didn't have the guts to open the door then she didn't deserve Armani or anyone else. A heavy sigh escaped her maw, turning the knob and pushing the door open. There she was, dusting some of the furniture with an old cloth or pelt. Dawn had stood there silently for a moment, stunned. The moment Dawn's ocean gems had found Armani, all her stored resolve and courage had quickly disappeared. Dawn's heart fluttered and in turn, her stomach had the feeling of butterflies tickling her insides.

Armani... she said in a soft voice, like a child knowing they had done wrong or broken their parents' precious heirloom. She was ready to be yelled at or worse, completely ignored. Her breath came more rapid now, as she tried to work up her nerve once more. This time she wouldn't run away, this conversation had to happen for the sake of their friendship or any other budding relationship to come. Flattening her silver-edged ears against her skull, she let out a soft sigh. Armani... she said taking a few tentative steps into the dining hall towards the larger woman. Her eyes full of sorrow and regret, knowing she had acted disgracefully the last time they had been in each other's presence.

Armani, forgive me. she raised her hands, but let them drop as she fought to find the right words. I'm so sorry for how I reacted the other day. I shouldn't have left the Outpost without talking to you, and I shouldn't have run away from you the other day... she dropped her gaze to the floor, wrapping silver arms around herself as if to hold herself together.

Dawn knew that she couldn't make up for what she had done, or how she had hurt Armani, but she had to try. Is there anything... Anything at all that I can do to make it up to you... she was nearly begging now. Dawn had no idea what would make up for all her wrongdoings, but she was willing to do anything for Armani. Dawn's thoughts had quickly become overwhelming in the few seconds of silence. She decided not to wait for the woman's answer. So before Armani could speak she quickly closed the distance between the two, her heart nearly stopping as the other came within arms reach. She didn't want too, but she had too. She lifted her gaze from the floor to Armani's face. This was a serious conversation, her actions had to reflect the gravity of the situation.

Another deep breath and Dawn could feel her nerve slipping away. She had to say it before she was too cowardly to look Armani in the face ever again. I think we need to have a serious talk... she paused, her skin burning beneath her pallid pelt once more. A-about what we are... she finally managed to force out. This conversation would decide not only if they had the same feelings for each other, but what they would do about those feelings. A wealth of options to consider, not only for the status of their friendship but the new possibility of a romantic relationship.

I went, just a tad nuts on this. ENJOY 1,007
Dawn

Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Miranda
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Armani Catori
The Georgia Rain on the Jasper County clay
Couldn't wash away what I felt for you that day

Dawns voice it stung, don’t look at her. She told herself again ‘forgive me’ there was nothing for Armani to forgive Dawn hadn’t been wrong she had. Armani should have been the one honest with Dawn, Armani should have done something before now. She forced herself not to look at her still as she froze not able to move.

She looked up holding another bit of torn pelt. “There is a lot of cleaning here.” She spoke her voice low as she waited for Dawn to take the item. Though the thought of their hands touching forced Armani to drop the rag on the table. Internally she screamed at herself what was she doing. That was so rude she forced herself to look at the next seat moving to it. It allowed her to get away from the distance Dawn had closed. She couldn’t be that close to her yet her scent was intoxicating to her she just couldn’t handle it.

She kept her face fixed to the seat she was cleaning as she tried any form of breathing exercises possible. “What we are.” She repeated as she scrubbed the poor seat harder as she took in a breath and shot straight up slamming her hands on the table. It wasn’t an action she meant to do but between nerves and being upset she was losing her mind. She was calm, cool, and above all not normally affected like this. Only Dawn did this to her. “I want to be your lover. I thought you did to but then you vanished. I came home and you attached yourself to me. You kissed me back!” Frustration radiated off her as she stood up straight running a dark hand through her bangs. “One minute I feel one thing the next I’m second guessing because girl your giving me all the right signals then you’re running.”

She then realized she was yelling and that wasn’t at all what she meant. Her tone changed as she took in a breath and then let it out. “I’m sorry, yellings not going to make you want to stay. I’m doing my best to not touch, not be to close because Dawn I love you.” She spoke her tone so low at the end. As she began to wipe down the table. She had to move she couldn’t sit still because she was feeling antsy.

OOC 409+
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:05 am

Dawn Hushhowl

Quietly Endure, Silently Suffer, And Patiently Wait.

Dawn noticed right away that Armani wouldn't look at her, and this simple action hurt far more than it would have if it had been anyone else. A deep sigh escaped her as Armani mentioned the cleaning. Ocean gems scanned the room, slowly becoming disheartened. There was so much to do, in such little time.

Armani held out a torn pelt for her, but before she could grab it the large woman dropped it to the table. Hesitating for just a second she snatched up the ragged pelt. Why was Armani acting like this?

Watching the larger woman slowly scoot away, she realized just what she had done. She had pushed Armani to far, and her only chance was gone. Her gaze fell to the floor, only to snap back to the large woman during her outburst. Her hands slamming against the table, causing Dawn to flinch.

This reaction wasn't something she had prepared for, Armani was upset, but confessing so much at the same time. This reaction was far beyond anything she had anticipated. A wave of guilt washed over Dawn. Armani's words were true, so true it hurt. The pallid woman had done nothing but run from her feelings, she had run from Armani twice now.

Silver tipped ears flattened against her skull as she took a tentative step forward. She had been preparing to finally confess everything, and she now she finally had the nerve. Taking in a shaky breath, she dropped her gaze for a moment only to force it back to the large females face.

I want all that and more... she said gently. Seeing how worked up Armani had gotten, only to finally say the words Dawn had been dying to say. She had to say it, she had to be honest before the waves of insecurity and doubt came crashing back on her. I love you too... she paused. I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner.. I'm sorry that I was too much of a coward to tell you sooner. she admitted, her tone soft and quiet.

Walks Talks Thinks

Image by Nat ooc goes here[350]
Dawn

Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Miranda
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:07 am

I don't want another heartbreak

000 OOC — OOC Text Here

Emotions wrecked Armani as she cleaned in her spot. She was pushing Dawn away somewhat physically and emotionally as she was trying not to hurt. This was so stupid why did she have to be like this? Why couldn’t she be different?

Dark hands letting go of the rag and the table as she felt her weight just slump a bit. do you really? she asked her voice low as she straightened. She looked at Dawn reaching out for her arm. She wanted her hand anything to just feel her. This isn’t going to be easy she spoke as she tried to find words.

Armani had hardly ever been at a loss but when it came to the silver laced woman she just couldn’t find herself on even ground. I know this isn’t the future you dreamed of I.. I know that I’m not what you thought you’d be getting. I know I’ll have to work hard to give you everything you want… she paused herself trying to stop her hands and voice from shaking.

Green eyes looked at the woman before her as she took in a deep breath. I’m not asking right now for forever. I know we’re both not ready to make that leap, I’m asking for some time. She spoke as she gave her a grin. I want to take time to know every little thing about you. Plus there is so much we will need to figure out. she finished. Just standing there looking at her waiting for her to say something.

It's the way you love me

It's a feeling like this

It's centrifugal motion

It's perpetual bliss

Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:24 am

Dawn Hushhowl

Quietly Endure, Silently Suffer, And Patiently Wait.

Sapphire gems focused intently on Armani as she straightened. Dark hands reaching out, but falling short of the snowy woman. Allowing herself another cautious step towards the ruddy woman. She couldn't find the right words. When it came to things like this, her vocabulary was much too small. Silently she prayed the right words would come to her, willing her mind to search the depths of her heart and soul.

It was only natural that they were both nervous, this was something entirely new for both of them. They would have to figure things out together if they were going to make things work out. The ruddy woman's hands and voice trembled as she spoke. This time around, Dawn was going to be brave instead of running from all the confusing feelings.

The sudden feeling of urgency washed over her, lively steps closed the distance. Seeing Armani at such a loss, hands shaking and voice wavering, it was more than she could bear. Before she had even realized what she was doing, she was next to the giant woman. Silver arms wrapping around the others torso and squeezing tightly.

Almost fearful of letting go, she clung on to Armani as if her life depended on it. Her arms ached as her muscles strained, pulling Armani as close as she possibly could. Dawn's black-tipped muzzle pressed into the dark fur of Armani's chest. Loosening her grip on Armani's midsection, and pulling her muzzle back she looked up to see the forest colored eyes she had loved so much.

'Say something! Don't just stare at her!' Dawn's mind screamed. It was far to easy to get lost in Armani's eyes, like an inviting forest that promised safety. A- her voice caught in her throat, making her first words only a whisper. There was so much that the pale woman wanted to say, so much that needed to be expressed. Armani.. she started once more, her voice no longer faltering. Ocean gems fixated on the burgundy woman's face, uncertainty laying heavily on her features only strengthened Dawn's resolve. She had to say this, and she had to say it now.

Silver arms finally releasing the vice grip that held Armani so near and dear. A soft sigh escaping her lips. My dreams... she paused, still struggling to find the correct words. You and you alone make up my dreams. she said softly. Heat quickly rose to her cheeks, a smile pulling at her lips. You are all I want, and all I'll ever need in my life. And you're right. I want to know every little thing about you too.

Her silver-tipped tail swayed happily letting out a soft giggle. We're both not ready to be official mates, to have a public ceremony or anything like that... But I know that I want to be by your side, forever and always. she finished. Dawn knew that she was asking for so much, to be forgiven for all the things she had done. Shaking her head softly, her fingers running through Armani's ruddy fur softly.

Slowly taking in a deep breath, gaze piercing into Armani's own emerald gems. So many things had been said, and so much more needed to be said. But the same question continued to plague her mind, refusing to be driven away. Officially or not. Even if you want to keep us a secret. I want... No. I need to be with you, from now and forever... Only now did her gaze falter, too afraid of seeing the answer before hearing it.

Walks Talks Thinks

Image by Nat ooc goes here[609]
Dawn

Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Miranda
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:10 pm

I don't want another heartbreak

000 OOC — OOC Text Here

This was not at all how she thought this was going to go. Not that it was a bad thing she just wasn’t prepared for the roller coaster ride her mind was on. She didn’t want to push Dawn into anything but it seemed she was more ready than Armani was. Armani has actually been prepared to be crushed and to have to move on but that wasn’t the case.

She was lost in her thoughts as Dawns body crashed into hers. The warmth of her breath on Armani’s chest the sound and smell of her. Armani embraced the love she was given as she leaned her head down holding the girl back she inhaled her scent. Hers, Dawn wanted to be hers… and she wanted to be Dawns.

She listened to Dawn her ears flicked as emotions conflicted within her. She stood there for a moment as she just shifted internally through her thoughts. She knelt down on one knee and took Dawns hand in hers. She wanted to be more on eye level without slouching, though now Dawn would have to look down a bit.

“Dawn..” She spoke as she tried to calm the overflow that was going on in her mind. “Don’t you dare think for a second I want to hide you, hide us. I’ll climb the roof of the courthouse and shout it for all to hear. I belong to you.” She spoke as she looked into ocean eyes as she knelt there.

“It’s just, I just got back from the out post. I haven’t decided where I’m going to live I’m currently staying in an empty room living from a bag. I have zero stability to give you a life. I mean… “ she stood releasing Dawns hand running her hand through her hair. She always seemed to mess with her hair when she was frustrated or upset. “I have no idea if you’d prefer to live inside the fort or outside of it. Do we just move in together? Do we not? If so where I don’t really care I’d live anywhere with you.” At this point she was pacing the floor. The things she was worried about finally crashing within her.

Like ocean waves her thoughts spilled from her mouth. “I don’t really know any of your family. What if they don’t like me? There’s also the fact that I have no real rank or value within the pack right now. How am I supposed to be a good mate with no worth? You deserve someone of value, someone you can be proud to have as a mate.” She said as she stopped and looked at Dawn taking in a deep breath.

“Then there’s also the two most important things I need your father's blessing. My father asked for my mother’s hand through great grandpa. I know you are your own woman but I’d like to know that your father sees me as worthy it’s important to me. Lastly I need to get a mateship gift and I am not at all my mothers child when it comes to that. I’m so inept when it comes to gifts and even looking nice. At this point your just with some schmuck.”She groaned at the end her body feeling exhausted from the tension she had been carrying. Just standing there she looked at Dawn.

It's the way you love me

It's a feeling like this

It's centrifugal motion

It's perpetual bliss

Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Marie
Luperci

Casa di Cavalieri