that's the last song you'll ever sing

athras

POSTED: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:14 am

Word Count → 2+ :: ooc

Despite the fact Ramsey could hardly walk straight, let alone swim, he seemed determined to dive headlong into the, albeit shallow, river that meandered through the gardens. It left Saga unable to relax and ultimately she'd sought out Elijah and foisted the boy upon the gentle defender, who'd been sitting by the chicken coop, sketching its occupants in delicate charcoal. It turned out that the boy was equally captivated by the poultry. Despite that fact he seemed more interested in chasing them rather than watching them, it seemed that they were more of a draw than the river.

She returned to the garden's herself. They were seemingly overgrown but in a somewhat organised fashion, various groups of herbs and flowers separated into what the Ursarchon assumed were groups of similar types. It was a far cry from the overgrown mess that were the Tuscany Gardens. The Vale's gardens had evidently once been more ornamental than anything else judging by the crumbling statues and grimy fountains. With some effort, she mused, it wouldn't bee too difficult to make it look presentable, perhaps even more so than the Cavalier's organised chaos.

Saga made a mental note to see about fixing up the gardens in future.

Saga D'Angelo
New Caledonia
Commoner
Vida
Luperci the crowned bear

fortitude
ursa major

POSTED: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:56 pm

[371] • I imagine this occurs after the leader meeting, but before the Ball. So, mid-afternoonish?

The gentle rustling of russet cloth was the only sound that betrayed an otherwise silent step. It was natural that Athras, son of druids found himself in the Cavalieri gardens. Drawn by the scent of varied herbs, their stalks moist and shriveling after the death of summer he identified every one he passed. It was a trait of Clan Taur to know the names of flora and the basics of their use and he carried this knowledge forward into their small, but thriving new kingdom. He was no healer, nor alchemist, but he could recognize the value of the seeds the knights had sown. Cream fingers trailed upon leaves, gentle as a kiss, a blessing...or curse. But his palm and fingers remained unspoiled, the absence of blood a fortunate sign.

The time of year vexed him, for had the Cavaliers held their meeting in the spring he might still scavenge a few seeds for New Caledonia (with or without their knowledge). He had no use for the bony stalks, shriveled blooms, and sour fruit. Had another opportunity not captured his interest, he might’ve frowned. How could he miss her? She was celestial, radiant- for her pelt reflected the heavenly bodies of the night sky. Saga her name was, he remembered for precisely this reason, the Ursachon of Mistfell Vale. An interesting title, an interesting pack, if solely for the benefits of trade.

“Oh, my.” The Regent said, “am I interrupting a moment of repose?” The dark decadence of his voice was heavy with the gravitas of his station, and his smile was an impish thing that offset it quite pleasantly. It invited her in, toying, teasing. He rounded the bend with grace, the length and litheness of his form accentuated by the long sweeping robes of russet-dyed wool. Over it he wore a dark leather vest with a low v-neck, its high collar lined in red fox fur, as were the sleeves of his robe. “Should I return to the shadows from whence I came…” The twinkle in his gemstone eyes betrayed the levity of his ask, “or might I request an audience?”

A beat, until he dropped the formality altogether, laughing conspiratorially. “Terribly dour these “knights” don’t you think?”

Last edited by Athras Eryn on Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stormie
Luperci Spring Spree 2020
you'll be mine

POSTED: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:47 am

Her ears twitched as the man spoke, his approach masked by the thick, pungent scent of the floral inhabitants of the gardens. There was an immediate surge of adrenaline through her body before she reasoned that no danger was likely to come to her amongst her peers in the Fort. At least from anyone with a deep, handsome voice.

The Ursarchon turned around, her vibrant eyes falling upon the regal form of the Lord-Regent. He was handsome, for sure. Dark-coated, with rich, spiced red accents and piercing teal eyes. He had a lithe build, a doggish one that reminded Saga somewhat of her own father, rendered in ash and terracotta. Her face softened as she took him in, unable to hide her peaked interest.

Gesturing loosing for him to join her, she turned her sights towards the general direction of the Courthouse with a bemused smirk.

'Honrin tells me they keep all of their alcohol permanently holed up in some sort of old tavern.' Saga admittedly disparagingly. While the streets of Winterwynd didn't quite run like rivers, the Ursarchon would be damned if she ever turned the availability of such fine liquids into a monopoly.

'Athras?' she questioned, having remembered his name from the summit.

Saga D'Angelo
New Caledonia
Commoner
Vida
Luperci the crowned bear

fortitude
ursa major

POSTED: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:33 pm

[261] • I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I do not control Athras, he controls me. :')

A closer look at her, the stern visage and tight-lipped Ursachon of Mistfell Vale, swiftly became the subject of a debate that raged within the Regent’s thoughts. He could no longer decide if her pelt was celestial, for the density of soft white was tighter in some areas than others, or if it was stormy, like a blizzard beset upon a still and moonless night. The thoughts were made real by a tilt of his head as he studied her openly, but unobtrusively admiring the canvas of her pelt like an artist surveying the work of another.

He met the softened stare with a canny look, his smile tugging at the side the brows twitching for just an instant before he settled into the vaguely offered seat. “That explains a great deal.” He replied, adopting the same tone as Saga. His gaze followed hers to the bastion of Cavalieri power. Then his brows furrowed, though his line of thought was interrupted as she affirmed his name.

“Lord-Regent of New Caledonia, yes.” The druid said, though he sounded distracted.

“A tavern, you say…” Athras’s gaze drifted back to hers, his brows knit and suddenly thoughtful. “Do you happen to know where it is?” The wheels were turning in his quick-witted and quicksilver mind. Could she see the cogs as they turned, a whisper of intention as a slow and clever smile snaked across his dark lips. “A terrible shame if something went missing, a bottle, maybe two?”

His lips pulled back in a dazzling smile now fully realized, flashing brilliant white teeth.

Stormie
you'll be mine

POSTED: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:43 am

Her green eyes followed his blues ones. They ticked with interest, so much so that Saga could almost hear the whirring of the cogs in his mind as he weighed up what he regarded. It was innocent enough, or at least, non-offensive. The Ursarchon almost recognised the sight, it was as if something akin to admiration was painted upon his sharp face. As if he was looking at something stunning. Silently, invisibly, Saga huffed to herself in bemusement. She'd long since disregarded the idea that she was some kind of worthy prize in the eyes of men.

The Ursarchon gave a soft hum of agreement, later nodding as Athras confirmed his identity with a blasé, distracted parroting of his title. Eyebrows raised slightly, Saga's own head tilted in curiosity. 'I assumed you've remembered my name and title then?' Her tone was ever so slightly jeering, for Saga hadn't quite made up her mind about whether his bravado was, or would remain, amusing or tiresome.

'I might.' Saga admitted, her lips pursing as she debated his offer. She knew what her proclivities were when it came to alcohol, and she knew they were rarely ever bounteous ones. Her tongue rand across her sharp, white teeth as she considered and the decision came to her quick enough. When entertainment was involved, the Ursarchon often failed to make the more sensible choice and today was one of those days it would seem.

With another hum of agreement, she turned away from Athras and began the walk to the tavern.

'Come on then.'

Saga D'Angelo
New Caledonia
Commoner
Vida
Luperci the crowned bear

fortitude
ursa major

POSTED: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:38 pm

[341]

The soft velvet of a dark ear twitched towards her and his head followed to observe her after her cynical aside. His head tilted and the smile reformed, slow, knowing, and undeterred. “Naturally,” the lord confirmed with grace, “Saga D’Angelo Ursachon of Mistfell Vale.” Speaking her name deliberately and slowly, paying heed to every delicious syllable. That detail hadn’t escaped him, the rest, however... Should he care for names he did not recognize or the events that came and went as his people fled conflict and death at the hands of cruel and calculated usurpers?

Athras looked to her keenly as she contemplated, ears forward with interest, giddy at the thought of enacting yet another petty theft within Cavalieri borders. Although how was it theft if his dagger belonged to him in the first place? Perhaps the Cavaliers were the true thieves, taking what did not belong to them in the guise of “safety.” The thought sobered him a little and his hand came to rest on the blade over the fabric of his robe where it remained hidden from view.

The woman was on her feet before Athras wholey realized, consuming as his thoughts had become. He rose with a delighted laugh, falling easily into step with her on her forward march towards their intended target. “Not even a question?” This was the beginning of a beautiful friendship, he could already tell.

The thought of diplomacy niggled at the back of his mind, the topics he should approach with care and consideration. He recalled Sedona and Phoenix and their promises of horses and a ship that docked on an island not far from Caledonian borders. But he silenced them in anticipation for pleasurable pursuits that he found infinitely more interesting. He was about to get to know the Ursachon very personally and wasn’t that exactly what Iomair wanted?

“Do you think it’s guarded?” He mused, wondering if they’d the people to spare for the task, or if it’d fallen to the wayside in favor of more valuable assets. Either way...

Stormie
you'll be mine

POSTED: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:16 am

Word Count → 321 :: ooc

She let out a soft hum of approval, 'I'm glad that I've cemented myself in your memory.' The Ursarchon said pleasedly,

The dappled woman shrugged in response to his spirited response. 'No questions whatsoever.' She wasn't one to question good ideas, and while this wasn't a terribly great idea, she didn't hold a lot of love in her heart for state-owned monopolies on anything, least of all alcohol, and thus was eager to enjoy herself with some relatively innocent rebellion. Besides, running into Boone had soured her mood a little, them both being here was too close for comfort and even the fact he knew of Ramsey made her very uncomfortable. Although they'd agreed to keep it between themselves and speak the truth of it to no one (a truce Saga had already broken before the truce had even been made) it still irked her. And when things irked her, she drank. It was a terrible way of dealing with things, but she'd known nothing else in her life.

The thought of diplomacy niggled at the back of her mind too. Her words and actions in the last five minutes hadn't been very diplomatic, but as Athras raised a valid point, those thoughts were seemingly put to rest. 'Hmm, good point.' she mused, looking away from her companion as she spoke. 'Possibly. Honrin tells me that there's usually someone there at least. I doubt that's changed just because we're here, otherwise, every kid in Casa will be thinking the same as us.' There was silence between them as Saga tried to think of some way around it. 'Maybe if we asked nicely.' The Ursarchon suggested half-jokingly, 'Though surely there'll be some lying around the Fort in preparation for tonight? We'll just have to hope someone has been foolish enough to leave a bottle or two unguarded...'

Saga D'Angelo
New Caledonia
Commoner
Vida
Luperci the crowned bear

fortitude
ursa major

Dead Topics