seems its about time we let this all go

p. Luca

POSTED: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:47 pm

lost to these memories we've found

Lyris grabbed the dagger from where it was slipped between her fur and the leather band around her arm and lashed out, sinking the blade deep into the soft bark of the tree. After it was up to the grip, she pulled it out of the tree and stabbed it back again, finding the repetitive motion oddly therapeutic. Every time she slashed the bark she asked herself the same questions. What are you doing? Stab. You promised Asgeir you'd try. Pull. But what if he was wrong? Stab, angrily this time. He could be wrong! She released a growl that had been trapped in her chest and snatched the knife from the tree for a last time, returning it to its proper place against her arm. Then she crossed her arms and leaned back against the pine, closing her eyes to focus on returning her breathing to an even, steady pace. Making the decision was perhaps the most difficult thing she ever had done, as it had taken a trip to Vinátta and back to settle on a choice. She never knew her wariness and fear ran so deeply to her core, but now she understood the extent of it. It would take her a very, very long time to unravel it. It may never leave her. But finally facing what she felt was what had finally pushed her to try, even though she had a strong feeling she would regret it later. Lyris' feelings were usually accurate. She hoped she was wrong this time. She hoped it was only her false paranoia.

Finding his house was easy. She decided to continue through the forest, taking her time, running what she would say over and over in her head again until it became second nature. The Cavallo, however, knew that taking such precautions were pointless. She always lost her nerve in social situations of stress, and doubted she would remember a thing she had formulated earlier on the porch of the house. Lyris' gaze traveled along the overgrown structure, and she avoided remembering the first and last time she had been here. It hadn't ended the way she would have hoped.

She didn't bother to knock, mostly because she didn't understand why such a gesture was necessary. It wasn't, at least not to her, so she let herself in, quietly clicking the door closed behind her. Lyris moved slowly through the hall, in no hurry. She examined the walls, curious at every crack and character the house beheld. He wasn't in the living room or the kitchen, and so she continued deeper. The first bedroom was empty, and so she moved until she finally found the last door, unsure if she wanted it to be empty or not. Taking a steadying breath, Lyris turned the knob and stepped inside, surprised that the hinges didn't creak at all. He was laying on the mattress, bare, with the window open and eyes closed. The room smelled like the breeze from outside, which helped to put her nerves to ease. She was more wound up when she felt surrounded by walls. He hadn't noticed her enter, so she leaned up against the wall and crossed her arms, deciding to speak to announce her presence, certain she would probably startle him, but not caring all that much. "You know, this is an odd way for a Corpo to spend his time." She knew he wasn't asleep; that little fact was odd to her, since any other soul would have assumed he wasn't awake. But she could tell, for one reason or another.

JUMP SCARE | [wc — 600+] template by hilli
Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
Luperci Mate to Luca Stable Master The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw 2013, 2015 SoSuWriMo Champ! Stryder
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
these scars that mark my body?
SILVER & GOLD

POSTED: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:43 pm

Evening came as a great release from the morning heat. All day long the Corpo had worked, exercising the communal horses, taking Ulrich for a trot around the boards to scout it out, collecting eggs from the chicken coop and weeding the gardens. It took a lot of back bone to keep a pack fed and running smoothly but there were so few willing to put in the actual labor.

In Casa di Cavalieri many of his pack mates looked for glory, dreaming of becoming knights of the Brotherhood with fancy titles and a dominant rank, but ask them to clean the stables or sweep the halls and suddenly they don’t want your attention. He had been exactly like that not even four seasons ago. In his lowest moment he had been drunk and stupid, and Alistair had handed him his butt on a platter. Now, the Corpo found reward in hard labor.

With the sun setting he retreated to his little yellow house to relax. Tossing his cloak over the coach he made his was into his room and stripped down to his fur. Pushing the window open to let the light summer breeze in the Knight happily untied his hair from it’s loose ponytail and laid down on the hay mattress covered in furs.

For a while the young male was in and out of consciousness, clinging to his dreams the floated through his mind. Although he heard some noises the male did not stir, assuming they were part of the dream that he was desperately trying to fade back into until a voice startled him. “Holy Fenris!” He cursed as he jumped out of bed in a swift movement; bringing his fists up to fight out whatever monster had disturbed his quiet.

Adrenaline pumped through his body but golden eyes quickly recognized the white figure in his room. Blinking quickly he tried to get rid of the image, convinced he was dreaming. As realization struck him that this was no hallucination he became painfully aware that Lyris had never seen his body unclothed before. “Shit Lyris.” He huffed, rushing to pull his brown pants over his lower body. “Ever hear of knocking.” Holding the pants up he stared at her. He hadn’t seen her since she had ran away, leaving him speechless and rejected. “So…” he mumbled, wrapping a belt. “Where did you run off to?”

OOC: 400+ words

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa
Luperci Sailor The Brotherhood: Master Equestrian

POSTED: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:10 am

Lyris didn't react worth noting when Luca leaped to his feet, ready to fight whatever danger came to him. The response was normal to her, because she always awoke in a similar way, though it usually was from nightmares full of real threats. As far as she knew, she wasn't a threat to Luca. Well, maybe that wasn't quite true; she was certain he'd taken a hit to his pride when she'd ran from him during their last encounter. His blue mood after failing to slay the trespasser didn't pass her without notice, and she knew that kicking him while he was down- even though it had been unintentional- would have made him sour, temporarily at least. She had a suspicion had she not fled to Vinátta, he would have avoided her in the time after their encounter anyways.

"I have, but I think it's a waste of time." Lyris eyed him as he quickly attempted to pull on pants, refraining from rolling her eyes. She considered pointing out that he held his privacy in higher reverence then a man ever should, but decided better of it. While Lyris found clothing uncomfortable and restricting, she recognized that to Luca, as well as others raised on a humanistic lifestyle, it was a layer of protection and held the illusion of privacy. Still she couldn't resist a quick blow through her nose in what could have been identified as a short laugh.

She stood, taking her shoulders off the wall, and uncrossed her arms. "Vinátta. A diplomacy trip." Lyris moved across the room and sat on the edge of Luca's mattress, once again displaying her complete disregard and lack of understanding in the elements of manner or personal space. Yet she wasn't completely dull- she recognized the action was personal. "And I didn't run." The sentence was not delivered as convincingly as she would have liked, since it was very obvious she had run. Lyris leaned forward and set her head in her hand, staring at the wall on the opposite side of the room.

She was quiet for a long time. A good thirty seconds or perhaps longer, letting the silence grow until it had to be broken. "I never told you how I got my scars." The words were quiet, barely audible even in the silence. She'd only ever told three souls how she'd gotten her scars; one was a boy on death's edge, one was Asgeir, and the last was Sequoia, in a bout of anger. It wasn't something she threw around lightly, but it was a story of weight she needed to give Luca if she wanted to get to what she wanted to say.

[wc — 400+] template by hilli
Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
Luperci Mate to Luca Stable Master The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw 2013, 2015 SoSuWriMo Champ! Stryder
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
SILVER & GOLD

POSTED: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:20 am

It wasn’t shame that caused Luca to scurry to cover his lower body, it was simply the humanized nature he had been raised in. To Lyris it might come across as odd but Luca has not wandered around in his Optime clothes without clothes since his first half dozen shifts. Most in Casa wore clothes, and although his golden eyes did not objectify Lyris, who never wore clothes, it felt strange to be bare in front of others.

Standing awkwardly beside the bed he watched the white wolfess for a sign of her intentions. Half of him expected her to laugh in his face, to scorn him for sharing his feelings with her. She was a feral wolfess, a huntress of nature while he was the epitome of humanization. How could he even expect her to feel something for him when they hardly understood each other.

As she uncrossed her arms he brought his up to his chest and crossed his own, golden eyes not looking her in the eyes, instead hovering on the wall beside her. He had not known she went to Vinatta, and for a second he wanted to believe that the trip was pre-planned, having nothing to do with him, but he was not naive. “Sure looked like running.” He huffed childishly as he sat back down on his bed, eyes staring like fire at the wooden floor.

Her next words caught him off guard, their soft quality causing his ears to twitch in her direction. It was true, she had never really explained her scars, though he recalled a mention of a bear from their fight the last time they spoke. Despite wanting to spit harmful words in her face he remained silent, waiting for her to decide to tell the story or leave.

OOC: 300+ words

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa

POSTED: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:47 am

She knew that he was angry. She wasn't sure what she wanted to say would change anything; maybe she didn't understand him as well as she hoped she did. But she had to try, because she'd really messed up. Lyris just simply wasn't cut out for this communication thing, and knew that unless she fixed her problematic system of expression emotion, she would end up making many more enemies then friends. Not to mention pushing the people away who were only there to help her.

"I had a brother once. I named Kenyon after him." It was the only way she could think to start. Already she was deviating from the carefully planned speech she had in her head, but it didn't matter. "We were born very far away. I couldn't find that place if I tried, anymore. My father was the alpha, along with his brother. My mother was..." How did she even describe her? "She was perfect." Lyris straightened, still staring at the wall, knowing she wouldn't be able to keep her blank face if she met his eyes. "We would play in the snow a lot. I could hide completely, if I closed my eyes. Kenyon was easy to spot, but he was always a poor sport about it." The smile that came to her face wasn't expected, but unavoidable. "When I was seven months old, my father took us hunting for the first time." The smile faded. "We made it halfway there. I could feel that it wasn't right. I tried to tell my mother we needed to stop." Lyris moved her gaze from the wall to her feet, blinking carefully. "There were two bears. One separated me from the group. I was the fastest runner, I always had been. But I still fell." Once again, quiet fell. She didn't quite know how to break it this time. So she went with a whim, reaching over to take Luca's hand and lift it slowly, knowing she had completely derailed from what she had meant to do or say. Bringing it to her face, she let his fingers brush the twisted scarring that jaggedly cut over her cheek. "While it was doing this," She paused, numb to any emotion. It was the only way she could get through the story. "I broke its wrist and ran. I jumped a river. I think... that I passed out. I don't know for how long. When I woke up they were all gone. Or dead. A lot were dead." Lyris realized that she was still holding his hand to her jaw and released it, grudgingly meeting his eyes. "When I found Sangi'lak, X'yrin helped me. She was so kind. I let her in too close. Sequoia too." The Famiglia then lowered her eyes, examining the cracks in the floorboards. "They left. They never even said goodbye." A steadying breath. "Then Asgeir died. He promised he wouldn't leave me, either. He lied." She was being irrational, but didn't care. Her carefully numbed heart was beating again. "I'm not... good, anymore. At letting people in. I shut them out, because... they'll leave, I guess. They always do." She lifted a shoulder, now just letting the words spill as they came. "I'm sorry I ran. I didn't know what to do. I.." She met his eyes again, steadying herself with that familiar fire. "I let you get too close." That was the closest she was ever going to get to admitting anything, and she'd already been talking too much. She half-expected him to up and run, or for his eyes to just fill with pity. She hated pity, but she always seemed to earn it somehow. Lyris didn't want to appear broken, because she wasn't- she was whole, just with a few cracks. Luca had to know that.

[wc — 600+] template by hilli
Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
SILVER & GOLD

POSTED: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:18 am

Sitting on the bed the Corpo refused to bring his eyes up any further, shifting to lean his arms against his legs in a casual manner, his stiffness betraying his lack of relaxation. She had hurt him and Luca was not use to being hurt. The Knight had taken claws and teeth but never had a female wormed her way into his heart only to leave a hole. This was exactly why he had never gotten to know girls in the past.

Yet as she spoke his listened, and his body relaxed as she opened up to him. Fenris how he wanted to be angry, and he tried so hard to remain still, but it was exhausting. Luca was not truly that angry but his hurt pride and his feelings for her wrapped up his insides making him feel sour and foul.

Although he pretended not to care about her story he listened carefully, soaking in the details. Never before had the ex-New Dawner shared so much and Luca would not give up an opportunity to learn more about her, pride or not. The male had never experienced the threat of bears in his life and he could only imagine how scared a pup would be facing one.

Suddenly he felt something touch him and his head shot up, ears perking as he stared in shock at the white hand wrapped around his cream fingers. In a state of shock he froze, his fingertips not moving from the position on her face as he listened to the story. Her family was gone, she was all that was left. His parents were no longer in the pack but at the least he knew they were still alive and he still had his siblings.

His hand floated slowly back down to his lap as she released it. Golden eyes met with emerald and he found himself lost in her sad intelligent eyes as she continued on, losing some of the information as her words were lost on his ears. The mention of not being good brought him back, causing a confused scowl to appear on his face until he processed the meaning.

Too close. The concept made him want to laugh. Now he understood, Lyris was scared and he would have to be brave enough for both of them. Gently he reached out for her hands, softly caressing them as he moved closer to her. Unsure where to begin or how to react Luca said the first thing that came to him. “I would never leave you.” He poke softly, and being a man of actions the Knight leaned forward, not giving Lyris a moment to hesitate as he moved in for a kiss.

OOC: ;_; 400+ words

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa

POSTED: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:51 am

She hoped that Asgeir was happy. Lyris could imagine the old man sitting not far off in the heavens with an ever-so-smug look on his face as he watched her spill her guts. Or maybe he was prancing around, quietly humming "I-told-you-so" over and over, because the last conversation they'd had, he had told her so, hinting that the reason she'd been picking flowers was because she was thinking of Luca. He had still been wrong, because she wasn't thinking of Luca, but she had been in a lighter mood than she had in what felt like years. Lyris had promised the old Exultare that she would try and start over, even when in her heart she'd known there was no real starting over. She'd nearly forgotten her promise, but in the moment it seemed so very important. She had kept it, and that was what lifted the last of the doubt from her chest, where it had been piled so high before. The world might suck in a lot of ways, but it could be good as well.

She'd layed it all out. There was no longer a piece of her that was uncertain, no longer a secret behind the savage markings across her body. She felt raw, and ever so exposed, but she also felt lighter. The burden of her broken heart and contrite spirit was shared, in some instance she didn't understand. Lyris had bottled it up for so long maybe it had began to rot; to sit deep in her belly and simply make her incapable of any emotion past anger or fear. But it wasn't there any longer, and so she let out a breath; the most meaningful yet. And when she met the bright gold of Luca's eyes she didn't find the pity she'd expected to flood him. Instead it was understanding, and she would have smiled for her success in fixing an issue she had so blatantly caused had she not been confused in feelings.

When he leaned closer, there was one emotion that cut through the rest, the only one she could properly identify. Panic. She hadn't felt panic for a very, very long time, and it was fluttery in her chest. But she wasn't about to run again; and it wasn't like she had any opportunity to. Luca was bold, this she had always known, and such a fact led him to steal a kiss without her consent. Risky. But she didn't retreat back into herself; she didn't use anger as her shield. Even though every logical part of Lyris told her to push him away, she didn't, and instead let him taste her. It was slow and careful, and Lyris found her panic fading, replaced with something else she couldn't put a name to. But it was a good feeling. She pulled only slightly away after, so that they were still breathing the same air, green gaze meeting gold with fire. "Please don't." She requested shakily.

[wc — 400+] template by hilli
Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
SILVER & GOLD

Dead Topics