there must be something in the water

p. Lorenzo

POSTED: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:52 am

midday around the 20th? (+300)

In the end, the Corpo had run from one responsibility to the next. Lyris used to be able to lounge for hours at a time, stealing quick naps in the peace of the forest or exploring the reaches of Casa's fallen human towns. But as her ambitions grew along with her rank and the size of her family, all of her free time had to be dedicated to her duties. Of course, nothing was stopping her from occasionally blowing something off and just taking a run instead; but that happening was very rare, as she often felt guilty afterward. Opening her heart had led her to care more about a wide range of things, including her tasks. Again, Luca was taking a turn watching the girls, but Lyris didn't have time to admire the light filtering through the bare tree limbs or leap over banks of snow in her maneuvers during a run- instead, she made a straight shot from the Stryder-Knight's cottage to the stables nestled in the middle of the court and got down to business.

As she walked, she whistled- not a tune, but a short, shrill call. Not a minute later a handsome black and white stallion was shoving his way assertively through the snow to reach the scarred female, whinnying with pleasure at seeing Lyris outside of the house for once. Kenyon joined Lyris' stroll at her shoulder, and she stroked him a gentle hello down the nose before continuing to the stables. After checking on each stall, vacant or occupied, and finishing her rounds on making sure the basic needs of each horse was met, Lyris headed towards the stall that Kenyon slept in, pulling his halter eagerly from the wall and looping it over his head. Their eyes both sparkled with similar excitement. They had not been on a ride in a long while. But this would not be just any ride- it was one to initiate Kenyon's war horse training. She just wasn't quite sure how to go about it yet.

Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
Luperci Mate to Luca Stable Master The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw 2013, 2015 SoSuWriMo Champ! Stryder
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
these scars that mark my body?
SILVER & GOLD

POSTED: Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:08 am

ooc:

The high cold wind whipped at his cloak as he stepped outside of the Fort. The War Lord's one eye swept for any sign of trouble, always alert, always listening. Winter in its full icy glory had cloaked their pack in a shroud of powdery snow and crystal ice. Shards of jagged icicles hung from everything they could, making a glittery but dangerous decoration to their buildings. They were prone to shatter and fall at the slightest disturbance.

The whistle captured his attention as did the accompanying whinny. Ears perked and the Knightly male set off at a slow walk towards the stables. He caught her as she was grasping for the halter of her mount, and cleared his through although doubtless she would already know of his approach,

"They thrive an flourish with tha best oh health. Yer efforts are appreciated." He nodded to her and it was almost a short bow of his head, from the other end of the stable Lyra nickered for attention, wanting out to join in this interesting group of happenings. He gave the female a wry smile,

"'Ave yer thought anymore on what we discussed last time?" He would wait for her ideas before putting forth his own, it was in his interests to know where she stood in the scheme of things.

Lorenzo Knight

POSTED: Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:22 am

-- (+400)

Kenyon eagerly accepted the bit between his mouth and the leather against his jaw and ears. Lyris didn't bother much to put on any other tack; in the situation of war, a heavy saddle would only weight them down. For long trips it was ideal, but in battle they would need something light and flexible- maybe nothing at all. Lyris was adept at riding bareback, but it became uncomfortable after a time and a saddle provided more control. She added it to her mental list of things to experiment with. She needed something to use. Meanwhile, ideas for crude armor flurried through her head. She would need a leatherworker, that was definite, but the idea of thick but move-able leather providing protection to any of the war horses was very pleasing to her. It was something she would undoubtedly persue, and consult with Luca, Alistair and Lorenzo about. She was certain with some hard work of designing and input from a leatherworker or similar they could make the idea reality.

As she was adjusting Kenyon's haltar and wandering through her thoughts the female caught up the sound of heavy footsteps crunching snow. Flicking an ear and glancing over her shoulder, Lyris witnessed the hulking form of Lorenzo approaching her seconds before he spoke. Smiling slightly in response, the new mother gave the rein of her horse a quick jerk for a test of tightness and then turned fully to the war lord, arms crossed over her chest. "I'm glad you think so. I do enjoy taking care of them all, you know." She lifted a shoulder, eyes bouncing quickly to the stalls, some empty and some fully of hooved bodies brimming with the power she so loved and admired. "Funny you ask," she replied, gesturing with her chin back to Kenyon. "I was just about to take this kid out to try some war horse training. I think it's high time we begin, and not just with him- Lyra has great potential, and Ulric and Merlin could use plenty more lessons, as well. I'm still assessing some of the other horses to see if they might be good fits as war horses." Lyris informed. Ulric and Merlin, however, she would wait to continue with before asking after the Lune and Sole. They, of course, should be involved in the training of their own steeds. "I haven't begun with Kenyon yet, and I don't know how he'll react. We've got a lot of work ahead. Would you like to help?"

Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
Luperci Mate to Luca Stable Master The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw 2013, 2015 SoSuWriMo Champ! Stryder
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
these scars that mark my body?
SILVER & GOLD

Dead Topics