Coarse the rush-mat roof

Rejoining

POSTED: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:31 pm

Here comes a thought—
OOC - Man... it's been a while. I'm happy to be back though, I've missed you guys. I hope I can make the best of it now, heh. Oh btw, Cerys is in Lupus form ^-^

It’s funny how quickly things can change.

It’d been months since she fled Casa’s borders, and now here she was, tail tucked in shame as she dragged herself back to where she started. When she first arrived, she was calm and determined. She knew it’d be hard work, and that her responsibilities there would go against her morals, but she knew that she needed to change or else she’d be stuck a pushover, hermit loner. Not that she minded, but getting mugged and beaten up was one hell of a wake up call, if you can call it that.

So at the borders of Casa, she’d been accepted as a Prova and began to meet the other members, preparing for what was to come. She was calm, content, at peace. Cerys wasn’t one to break down easily. As long as she had nature around, she could recharge and be at peace with everything. She could never really get angry with anyone, or fall into a depression of any kind, she was just constantly relaxed and content.

Casa broke that.

She hadn’t even been there long, barely even met anyone. A particular male came to mind, a silver haired healer, or ‘Verde’ as he called it, but it’d been ages since she’d seen him. He was kind, gentle, she felt warmth in his aura. But regardless, for the first time in her life, Cerys snapped. All the thoughts and fears around realizing that she could never do the things Casa required of her surfaced, and the regrets how she’d been living before came to light as well. In a panic she fled the territory, not letting anyone know.

She was terrified, she’d never felt anything negative or doubtful like this before. She was always so collected and sure in everything she did, and now everything was unsure and frightening. Was she making the right decision? Would Casa really make her a better person, or would it numb her to everything she once stood for? Could she really do what they needed of her?

After months spent in hiding, reclaiming her life as a hermit, she reconnected with herself. Her calm, content demeanour returned after wandering alone in nature for long enough, and she finally gave herself time to think over her options. She took her time, travelling and contemplating what it was she wanted from life. After great thought, she realized that living as a loner wouldn’t bestow her a purpose or a method of doing good. Casa, although brutish and violent, was what she believed to be a noble cause. At least, that’s what she’d heard about it. It’d been so long since she’d been there, and it’s not like she ever talked to anyone new to know any different. But if they fought for good, and even if it would mean having to go against her pacifistic nature, at least, this way, some good could come out of her life.

Now, once again standing at Casa’s borders, she was beaming with confidence. She could do this, she could fight for good. She raised her head to howl and alert the pack of her presence.

Now all she had to do was wait.

POSTED: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:44 pm

So sorry for the wait Reigh, I'll go ahead and get you titled up now so you can start posting in the forum even though this thread isn't through. Welcome back to CdC ~ (+413)

The winter was leaving her, and Lyris was particularly unhappy about it. The huntress, unmatched in her ability of feral stealth, had lost a rabbit earlier that morning. It was the cursed white of her fur on the troublesome brown-green background that had alerted the creature, and the Mani had spent hours afterwards silently infuriated with every fleshy green stalk of grass that dared cross her path. In order to cool down her pathetic anger (directed uselessly towards the spring season itself), Lyris had once again lost herself in her labor. As both a Cavallo and a Mani, she spent the rest of the morning caring for horses, locating her children (to ensure they were not about to do anything stupid as they usually did), and executing pack duties, which mainly consisted of assisting Luca and ensuring members were pulling their weight. She wasn't given too much trouble, of course. Her Cavaliers were hard workers.

By the time the sun had reached its peak and began its movement towards the west, her work had begun to settle down. She found herself brushing Kenyon in the moment that a call twitched her ears, faint and undoubtedly sounding from the borders. The Stryder immediately gave a bark in response, to alert any bodies within the Fort that she would respond to the call. In a matter of moments thereafter Lyris had saddled Kenyon, pulled herself atop the bow of the horse's strong back, and together they shot off at a gleeful run out of Kingsbury's doors.

Upon approaching the newcomer, the Labor Head did not immediately recognise the woman's figure. It was not until Lyris had pulled her horse's reins and urged him to stop in front of the Luperci that the coywolf's name and identity became familiar. "Cerys?" The surprise was obviously expressed in Lyris's voice. She dismounted to stand before her.

Lyris had never become very familiar with Cerys beyond a passing conversation or two- after all, it was her duty to know everyone in the pack- but she had never struck the Mani as a runner. Lyris was not pleased to have been proven wrong. And given the fact that she could even grow angry at the season, it was likely that the mother was somewhat unhappy with coming face-to-face with someone who had vanished without a single trace. "I did not think we would see you again. Why are you here?" While not aggressive, Lyris's voice was not particularly kind.

Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
Luperci Mate to Luca Stable Master The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw 2013, 2015 SoSuWriMo Champ! Stryder
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
these scars that mark my body?
SILVER & GOLD

POSTED: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Welcome to Casa di Cavalieri!

Website · Ranks · Maintenence · Wiki · Twitter

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Bracciante ranks.
  • Please read our Policies so that you and your character can abide by Casa di Cavalieri's standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact Melissa or Ann and they will do whatever they can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread! We hope you enjoy your new home!

Casa di Cavalieri
OOC Account
Melissa, Nat, & Jazzy
Join? · Site · Forum · Maint. · Wiki · News

POSTED: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:10 am

Here comes a thought—
OOC - Don't worry about! I'm taking longer to reply anyways lmao, also sorry for such a short response.

It was a perfect parallel to the first time they'd met. Then, Cerys had towered above Lyris in optime, but now, she was humbly below her in lupus. It was almost comforting to have it be her to greet her, just as it was before.Obviously, Lyris wasn't what others would normally consider 'comforting', but Cerys found it very difficult to be uncomfortable in anyone's presence, even when returning to a pack she’d fled without a word. Now was no time to be anxious.

Lyris made it clear that she wasn’t exactly pleased with Cerys, but that was okay. It made sense, after all. Why wouldn’t she be? The Labor Head probably had to deal with several newcomers and tresspassers, and one running unexpectedly then crawling back most likely wouldn’t be seen as preferable. Respectfully, she lowered herself, but tilted her head up so Lyris could see her sincerity when she spoke.

”I understand it might be strange to see me again, and I can’t imagine that you’d be pleased about me running off and crawling back to you,”

She shifted her gaze up a little further, taking in Lyris’s expression.

”But I’m here to assure you that that’s not what I’m here for. I will admit… I did have a crisis of sorts regarding my life here, but I’ve had time to sort that out.”

She took a step forward.

”I’m not here to beg for you to give me a second chance, I’d understand completely if you don’t want to take the risk. All I’m here to say is that I’ve taken my time to consider my choices, and that if you’ll have me, I’ll work hard for you to make up for everything.”

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:39 am

No worries! Feel free to continue the thread if you would like, or we can end it here/with your next post! < 3 (+500)

The first time, this very woman had managed to soften Lyris's sharpened edge. Given, at the time of their first meeting, Lyris was heavily pregnant with the three children that now ran rampant within the Fort and had since grown larger than the mother cared to admit. But Cerys had impressed her with humility enough to show submissive respect, despite her higher form. She had spoken precisely and genuinely, and Lyris had trusted her enough to open Casa's door to her. Now, Cerys was not bad- she was now simply viewed by Lyris as somewhat cowardly. And Lyris was known to be unnecessarily rough to scaredy-cats, no matter their reasoning.

She no longer stood below this strange woman, pregnant and helpless- instead, Cerys was the one that crouched, while Lyris towered, returned almost wholly to her ideal and fit health. Now distrust glittered her gaze, rather than the initial whispers of kindness. At her clearly surprised greeting, the loner was quick to reply, her form acceptably low and submissive while justification streamed from her mouth.

It was Lyris's instinct to cast her away; tell her to find a home such as Inferni that would let her in, ignorant to her past abandonment. The pale woman had even gone so far as to display her sharpened teeth in the beginning of a snarl, telling her to leave her presence immediately. The Knights did not welcome cowards into their kingdom. But something stopped the irrational woman.

Damn it, Luca. Her mate would let this girl in; he would be wary for only a moment, quickly swayed by her honest words and the charity in his heart that his wife did not possess. Cerys had potential, it could not be denied; and though she may have been a coward only months before, her words were genuine enough to make Lyris hesitate. As the pale mother stood in silence and slowly came to a decision, she could almost hear her former, once-hardened self screaming in outrage. Lyris of old was not generous. But she was no longer Lyris of old.

"You have quite the capacity for gall, crawling back to a home that welcomed you and that you abandoned." Lyris did not attempt to hide the disgust and anger from her voice, her ears flagged and scarred features twisted menacingly into the faint image of a snarl. She allowed this to sink in, the silence lapsing. "What you did before was cowardly, and we do not welcome cowards. Casa di Cavalieri does not house the faint of heart." She pounded these words into the poor girl, but very quickly, as though a switch had been flipped, Lyris's expression fell from aggression to one of unreadability. "But we are not cruel. You are very blessed, given that I believe you. I do not pass out many second chances, Cerys Bevan." Kenyon snorted and pawed the dirt astride her, as though to punctuate her point. "Straighten yourself to a stand. No Cavalier of mine shall grovel." Once Cerys obeyed, the Labor Head met the woman's eyes, unflinching. "I will hold you to your word, Prova. You may follow me to the Fort." Lyris then mounted her stallion and with the faintest of movements urged him to move back the direction that they came, moving in a slow walk so that the coyote-esque woman could keep pace with them.

Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
Luperci Mate to Luca Stable Master The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw 2013, 2015 SoSuWriMo Champ! Stryder
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
these scars that mark my body?
SILVER & GOLD

Dead Topics