The horses are coming so you better run!

Teagan!

POSTED: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Iorek
Notes: Word Count:
Form | Place | Time | Date
OOC

Iorek had no idea what this place was. He stuck his head in the entrance, sniffing around. His flower crown managed to stick on his had as he tipped his head down to sniff the ground. He was in Secui form once again and was quite large. He stepped further into the entrance, curious to this new structure. He smelled an unfamilliar scent, something that the wolfdog didn't know much of.

The hybrid beast padded in, taking in the sight. Weird yellow grass lay on the ground and he sniffed it and then sneezed. He saw the strange wooden walls and walked closer. He could smell an animal in there and he wondered what it was. It smelled like prey, though. And his mouth watered. The yearling was always hungry.

The bear boy stuck his head under the stall door. The animal wasn't quite a deer: its legs were too wide, unlike the slender deer legs. The animal was broad, too. He had no idea what it was and didn't know why the knights would keep food like this in this place. Wasn't it better to chase it. His flower crown fell off and the animal tried to snatch it. As quickly as the red-eyed recruit could, he grabbed it and pulled his head out.

With a slight huff, the brown-painted Secui looked up at the animal after placing his flower crown back on. This animal was mean and he growled at it, staring it down as it looked over the stall.

Silverfrost
Luperci Healer, Scavenger The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence
What I wanna save I will try

POSTED: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Optime | Fort Kingsbury | NPC: Apollo (+521)

Sorry for the wait!

The day was too warm for her liking, and the hot sun made her pant from the heat as she and Apollo rode into the Fort. Normally, Teagan tried to avoid being involved in too much physical activity during the peak daylight hours, but, the enemy would not always wait for a pretty day to strike. So, the warrior princess had been resigned to push through the less than favorable temperatures for the horse and rider’s training. Besides, the brisk trek around the pack’s borders had given them both some decent exercise.

She swung a leg, dismounting from her tall steed as they reached the Fort’s gates. Howland had offered her an amused glance at her slightly winded state, but had forgone making a remark. Teagan was thankful for it, as, had it been Isaac, she knew he would have harassed her with his corny jokes. It was no wonder that Jonas had always appeared to be in a sour mood…

Gathering Apollo’s reins up in her hands, she led the stallion back to the stables. Though he didn’t show it as much as his canine counterpart did, Teagan was sure that he was just as ready to get out from under the summer sun as she was. As they approached the stables, the Officer didn’t think twice about the door being open. On a hot day such as today, it helped ventilate the air so it wouldn’t become unbearable for the inhabitants within.

Apollo’s hooves sounded loudly against the packed dirt, announcing their approach. As they crossed through the open door, Teagan quickly realized there was another inhabitant—besides the stable’s usual residence—inside. It wasn’t someone she was all too familiar with, however, she did recognize the male’s figure, having seen him around the Fort in passing. A new Recruit.

He was quite large, even for being in his Secui form. His size reminded her of her father, and her great grandfather. Wolf blood ran deep in her family, and large ones at that. The Recruit has a mix of earthy hues, and his large, rounded ears and shortened tail vaguely reminded her of a bear. He would have looked relatively normal otherwise, had it not been for the strange crown of flowers that sat upon his large head.

A growl emanated from the new Cavalier, and Teagan couldn’t help but to raise a brow at him as she led Apollo to his stall. The draft horse’s hooves echoed louder in the enclosed stable than it had outside. “The horse isn’t going to hurt you, you know,” she remarked suddenly, “Not unless you give it reason to believe you’re a threat.” Judging from the Recruit’s reaction to the curious horse, he had probably never seen one before.

Apollo tossed his head, rumbling his thoughts on the strange newcomer as Teagan began to remove his tack.

Deciding she would like to have a name to refer to the Recruit by other than just “Recruit” or “You”, Teagan asked nonchalantly, “What’s your name, Cavalier?”

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Word Count → 200+
Secui | Day | June | Stables
Poopy reply, sorry <3

Iorek was too busy with the strange animal to notice the woman and her own strange creature. He didn't know what this animal was, and the violent intentions towards his flower crown were not good. He had no intentions of actually harming the animal, he was mad at it for trying to eat his crown, though. He fluffed at it, seeing if that would scare it. The animal just stared at the wolfdog with no reaction to the display.

The massive yearling turned towards the new voice. The animal could hurt him? It was called a horse? He turned around and noticed the really big animal. he was shocked and backed into the door. The horse snorted and then the male finally noticed the the tri-colored hybrid. He had never seen an animal that big before, other than fellow Luperci and bears. He was massive, but the horse was even bigger. The gargantuan beast did cower in fear as he normally did.

The red-eyed recruit looked away from the animal as the warrior woman asked him his name. "I-I Iorek." He said and then he looked at the horse next to her. It was really big. Was it dangerous? The crimson-eyed Cavalier looked worriedly at the horse. Was it going to attack him? The brown behemoth was afraid of the animal.

Silverfrost
Luperci Healer, Scavenger The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence
What I wanna save I will try

POSTED: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:47 pm

(+431)

Closing thread, as discussed! Let me know if the PP is kosher or not! Just thought it’d be an easy way to fade out of the thread x3

She’d seen the male’s hair rise at the horse, and some part of her had likened the action to a kitten being confronted with something new. It was strange, and not something she could recall seeing a Luperci ever do before. Where did they find this guy? Judging from his actions alone, the Recruit was definitely more feral than any she’d met in a long time. And, that was saying a lot when compared to when her cousins had joined the pack.

There was no doubt in her mind that the ruby-eyed male had never seen a horse before, or, at least, had never interacted with them up close. When his gaze had turned onto Apollo, he had looked surprised, had even packed up against the door. Her mount acted indifferent to the reaction, his tail flicking as he tossed his mane. Teagan, however, recognized the fearful stance the bear-like male had started to take, and did her best to hurry with relieving the Percheron of his riding gear.

It took a moment, but, the Recruit eventually offered her a name to call him by. His speech was crude and primitive, reminding her of how a child might talk when first learning to talk. As well, he spoke with a stutter. Perhaps he was just nervous… So, the warrior princess decided to not dwell too much on the matter.

With the last of Apollo’s gear unfastened, Teagan grunted as she pulled the saddle off of his back and placed it on the rack just outside his stall. With a gentle hand, she coaxed her large companion into his home, shutting the door once he was inside. Clapping her hands together, she dusted off whatever dirt might have collected on them as she turned her attention to Iorek.

“As I said before, the horses won’t hurt you unless you give them a reason to,” she reassured him. Glancing back at Apollo, she added, “I wouldn’t go into their stalls unless you have someone more experienced with you though.” Better to be safe than sorry. The last thing they needed was a Cavalier with broken bones from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Her attention moved back to the Recruit, hoping her words would be satisfactory for him. To her surprise though, he questioned her what a “stall” was, and Teagan found herself sighing softly. A hand came up to tuck an unruly strand of hair back into place. It looked like she’d found herself the teacher of an impromptu lesson.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics