Teach me to be something better

Amora/Veri!

POSTED: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:39 am

OOC300+

A massive creature peeked into the Medico office. He was massive, easily over seven feet tall. He stood with a hunched posture, his arms curled towards his chest. His forearms were wrapped in bandages and he wore a flower crown and had flowers woven into his mane. A magpie perched on his shoulder and chirped every so often. His carmine eyes had a slight broken look to them.

Iorek couldn't do this anymore. He couldn't, or wouldn't fight anymore. The loners attacking Teagan and him, the first battle the demon's assault, and the final battle. He never liked combat, and now he hated it. The beast thought that he would never hate something with as much passion as he did. He didn't want to fight ever again. He didn't want to get hurt or hurt others, he wanted to help people. The wolfdog wasn't a warrior.

The red-eyed Recruit wasn't a hunter, either. He was too slow. He wasn't a good hunter, he would never be. The beast didn't want to be useless, a burden to his home. But, he didn't have much in skill and ability. He could gather firewood and decorate with flowers, but was that really useful to Casa di Cavalieri? He didn't think so. He didn't have any purpose, not anymore. But, the crimson-eyed Cavalier would find one.

The massive yearling decided to ask Veri or Morty if he could become a healer. He would be able to help his pack mates and perhaps try to undo the damage done by violence. He didn't know anything about healing, but he could learn. Herbs were like flowers, right? He wanted to make a difference and he wanted to be useful. Becoming a healer seemed like the best thing for the feral giant.

H-He-Hello? The bear-like beast said softly.

Silverfrost
Luperci Healer, Scavenger The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence
What I wanna save I will try

POSTED: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:17 pm

OOC God, I need to get it together. >.<;; Sorry for the wait.

So many were hurt this time around. The battle had been much more intense, their opponents a much greater fighting force than anticipated. Seeker had been lamed by one of them. The war horse was in no danger of being put down, but his fighting days might have come to a close. Veri herself had suffered, a ragged ear from a lucky bite and claw marks that carved a trail from the juncture at the left side of her neck down her collarbone and ended on the swell of her left breast. Her mate, Rurik, had been in critical condition for a few days from his injuries. Even now, she longed to be by his side as he slept in the house, but she was needed here for any who might have need to stop by.

She was just checking on her own wounds and reapplying a healing salve when soft footsteps and an equally soft voice made themselves heard from the doorway. Her head turned automatically, eliciting a hiss of pain as the claw marks were stretched uncomfortably. Her body followed the direction of her muzzle to ease the strain on the injury. She'd have to remember to do that more often. A smile turned up the corners of her lips as she spotted Iorek. The Healer motioned his large bulk inside with a wave of her hand. "Come in Iorek, I'm just about finished here. Do you need a check up on your arms?" she nodded toward them as she moved to one of the counters used to store herbs.

On this counter there was a small bowl of water and a clean rag, both specifically meant for cleaning hands prior to handling a wound or after applying any sort of medical salve. She did this now, scrubbing the few remnants from her fingers and using the rag to dry them as she turned to give Iorek her full attention.
Veri Secanti

Casa di Cavalieri
Chief Cleric
Amoris
Luperci Healer, Ambassador (CdM) The Brotherhood: Master of Medicines Mate to Rurik

POSTED: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Iorek
" If I seemed dangerous, would you be scared?"
Optime | Day | After Battle | Medico Office

-punts out short reply-
Word Count:
200+

Iorek was surprised by the hiss of pain from Veri as she turned to look at him. He had been treated by Morty and hadn't seen the healer since the battle. He didn't know that she had been injured in the battle and looked surprised to see the wounds. He almost ducked out when the woman beckoned him in. He padded in slowly and then the wolf woman asked if he needed his wounds checked. The wolfdog shook his head.

The brown behemoth looked down on his feet, feeling shy. He didn't know if it was the right time to ask for an entry into the healing ranks, but he felt that it was better now than later. And the healers could use help after the fight and all the injuries. He was still afraid that he would be turned down, but Veri was a nice person and she wouldn't do such a thing, he hoped. The chocolate saddled brute finally spoke.

I-I w-want t-to....t-to t-train....t-to b-be....h-healer. The crimson-eyed Cavalier stammered. He looked down at her, hoping she would say yes. He didn't want to fight anymore and wanted to help people. He wanted to become something better. And for the red-eyed Recruit, a healer was better than a warrior.

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Silverfrost

POSTED: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:46 am

OOC I forgot to check the box where it says to notify me of replies....oh well. I will now.

Iorek's hesitant manner had Veri wanting to wrap an arm about his frame and pull him close to assure the gentle giant that he was in no wrong for coming to these rooms. He'd seemed startled by her sound of discomfort; had he not known she'd been injured in the last fight?

The timid wolfdog shook his head in the negative as she asked about his arms and for a moment Veri became puzzled as to why else he would be here. Then keen mixed blue eyes noticed the young male looking away toward the ground, his posture giving off a secondary sensation other than submission or timidness. Shyness?

Veri began to smile even as he started to speak his request. When proven right, she looked him from head to toe with a critical eye, just to put on a show of 'thinking about it'. Honestly, a pack of warriors could never have enough healers, and she'd never turn away someone willing to learn a new skill. The Medic tipped her head to the side, allowing the smile to spread across her lips once more, at least a little.

"I have no problem with it. More hands and eyes are never a turned away. But, this isn't easy. Being a healer doesn't mean you won't ever see violence again, Iorek. Sometimes, it means you see more of it, when you're in the thick of a battle and using your skills to save a life." Mixed blue orbs met his reds steadily, to try and impress on him that she was serious.

"You are still a member of a warrior pack that have sworn to protect those who can't protect themselves. That being said, I will require you to pick one weapon to familiarize yourself with. Just one is fine, and you don't need to master it before you begin your medic training. At some point you will need to fight, either to defend yourself or someone else. As you experienced with the Syndicate." Veri's expression softened considerably, her disposition becoming more motherly so he knew she wasn't cross with him.

"I know you don't like it. I didn't either when I came to Casa. I preferred healing, it's all I wanted to do. Sometimes I still do." there were times yes where she wished her skills as medic were no longer needed. With the life she'd now built around her, however, those times were fewer and more far between than they'd been even just a year ago.

Veri beckoned Iorek closer to the counter. "We can start now if you like. No time like the present." Morty was going to be so thrilled about another student making their way through the Medic Office. Veri could just see the older Medic's eyes pinching at the corners in a mixture of irritation and humor as Morty watched the hunched form of Iorek go about his tasks. Veri would have to remind the grey female to be nice; Iorek may not understand her gruff manner at first.
Veri Secanti

Casa di Cavalieri
Chief Cleric
Amoris
Luperci Healer, Ambassador (CdM) The Brotherhood: Master of Medicines Mate to Rurik

POSTED: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Iorek was afraid that Veri would turn him away. He knew that he looked like a fighter with his size, but he didn't want to fight. The conflict with the Syndicate was enough for him, he had seen too many things, he had witnessed too many things, he had experienced too many things. He wanted to help others, he wanted to feel like he was actually making a difference. And the best way the wolfdog could think of doing that was being a healer.

The brown behemoth let out the breath that he didn't even know that he had been holding when the golden medic accepted his request to become a healer. But, she told him that being a healer didn't mean that he would never see violence. He had been afraid of that prospect, he had seen the healer on the battlefield and he saw the scars she bore. But, he didn't want to be useless. He knew that he could fight to some degree. And did being in the midst of battle mean he would fight? He would get injured? He would hurt others? But, that was something the chocolate-saddled brute could accept.

Then, the blue-eyed woman went on to say that the carmine-eyed Cavalier was in a pack made up of fighters and he knew that. But, the beast didn't know that they had sworn to protect those who couldn't protect themselves. Maybe if he thought of it that way, he could be more accepting of the aspect of being a healer that he wasn't comfortable with, harming others. The medic said that she would need him to learn how to wield a weapon. He had never even thought of using a weapon in battle, but he hoped that maybe fighting with his teeth and claws would count. She also said that he would one day be faced with having to fight someone. The crimson-eyed Cavalier nodded solemnly.

The massive yearling nodded as the woman said that she didn't like fighting either. He listened to the rest of her speech and then perked up when she said that they would start their lesson today. He didn't expect them to start today! A smile graced the feral giant's face and he nodded.

This table is perfect~
Word Count: 300+ Form: Optime Date: After Battle Place: Medico Office

Adaptation to Kitty's Template | Image Credit: Joe Lodge, Salvatore D'Oro, Xnienke | Poetry by Daniel

Silverfrost

POSTED: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:14 pm

OOC here

The cream Medic was pleased when Iorek took in all she had to say with no complaints or arguing. He seemed resigned to the fact that he'd have to fight eventually no matter what path he took, and agreed to choose a form of weaponry. With those points made, her offer to begin now was eagerly taken up with a nop and a smile. "Alright, let start then. Come on over here and I'll run you through the different herbs we have in our inventory. First you'll learn to identify them through sight and smell." she beckoned him closer to the counter before she turned her back to him and began grabbing various different containers from their shelf and setting them in a line.

Most of those she decided to use were relatively easy to decipher from one another. She didn't want to overload his nose or his mind on the very first day; there were many useful herbs to be found in the forest, these were only a small handful of them. Veri took a step back from the counter and gestured toward the containers. "Come closer and look at each of these, take in their scent and make it permanent in your mind. After you've acquainted yourself with each one, I will go down the line and tell you its name and what it does."

Iorek seemed capable of grasping new concepts rather quickly for his more feral roots, she knew he would thrive in this field. In the line up was lavender, marigold, thyme, mint, and catnip. Each had a very distinct smell to tell one from the other; even a canine with no medical background could recognize these by scent alone.
Veri Secanti

Casa di Cavalieri
Chief Cleric
Amoris

Dead Topics