I want to live life from a new perspective

Nayavota

POSTED: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:52 am

ghost stories handed down

There was another youngling growing up, just a few months behind her, and the innocent little thing had finally shifted. Mercy was friends with most of the pups in the pack, and something about her super jaded, cynical teenage ways usually was a draw to them. Of course, she was far less of an asshole to these children than she was to the adults because she knew she could use the kids for her own means... or at least to try to make herself feel better by having admirers.

Damon and Veri were starting to get under her skin in a way that she thought was bad, but they probably thought was pretty good. She was starting to second guess herself and her typical mode of thinking when she was around them. Either they were masterful manipulators (entirely possible since they were mother and son) or they really wanted to find their place in Mercy's heart. She didn't smell lies on them, and they had been doing some pretty good things for her lately... Still, despite this, she was still rather angry at the pack for everything she had been through, and unfortunately it was all of CdC, the very pack that had probably saved her life, that had to deal with the brunt of her teenage angst.

Mercy had been having quite the time with stolen liquor until Luca's decree that all liquor must be housed in the tavern. Now it was harder – nearly impossible – to get. If she got any at all it was usually when bartering with a traveling merchant. So now she sat on a low-hanging branch of a tree just down the road from the tavern. It was a reconaissance mission, really. She was watching to see who had come and gone from the tavern, trying to figure out when times were slow or when people who may not be as observant were there... really, she didn't even realize that she was working on some early scouting skills while she watched the random Cavalier stroll down the road, away from the tavern.

ooc Early evening, sun's still up. A bit down the road from the tavern. | [wc — 300+] template by hilli
Casa di Cavalieri
Candid
Nukiira
Luperci Nightshade Blood: The Devil's Mercy

POSTED: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:50 am

I am the worst, I am the worst, I am the worst~

Nayavota's cane tap-tap-tapped against the broken road. A borrowed belt hung loosely from her hips, its pouches filled with lopsided acorns and shiny stones. She tossed her favorite—a smooth, black stone the size of her palm—from one hand to the other. It wasn't much, but Nayavota liked it. Honrin would like it, too. No matter how inane her treasures were, he always liked them. That meant a lot to Nayavota.

In the distance, she heard raucous laughter and clinking glasses—the Five Shields. Nayavota didn't understand why they needed a place for cavaliers to get drunk together. What was the point? Alcohol didn't taste bad, but it didn't taste good either. Nayavota, her only experience a single, curious sip, was dumbfounded. Adults were weird.

Once the pub was in sight, the silver girl hesitated. What if Honrin was drunk? Nayavota loved her brother, but she didn't like him drinking. Despite her best efforts, he knew it, too—she wasn't very good at hiding things. Maybe... Maybe she should just go home. She could show Honrin her treasure in the morning. He'd be sober by then.

Nayavota looked up and, rather than finding answers, found Mercy. Her brow furrowed in confusion. Squinting up at the older girl, she asked, "What are you doing up dere?"
Casa di Cavalieri
Reticent
Alexander
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:00 pm

Ah, and here comes some help now, she thought to herself as Nayavota strolled innocently down the lane. Before the girl spotted her, she was watching her. She saw the look she gave the tavern, the attention that was awarded to the joyful sounds that rolled down the trail toward them – the two kids, not allowed inside, because they weren't seen as equals.

Hey, Naya, she greeted when Nayavota's eyes turned upward to spy Mercy in the tree, and the older teen dropped from her perch. She wasn't all that high up and the landing was an easy one. Ah, nothin', she said, eyes shifting to peer at the tavern just a handful of paces down the road. Even though she said nothin', she made sure that her face looked troubled. After letting the silence fester for a moment, she crossed her arms, acting like she was thinking spontaneously.

It's just that... I don't think it's fair, ya know? she asked, one ear tilted toward Nayavota while her face still pointed at the tavern. It's like, they tell us we gotta do all of this training, and in the meantime they're just in there having a big party. And what happens if we try to be one of them and join, hm? They kick us out. Say we're not old enough. Well, it's stupid. We do just as much work as they do. She kicked a pebble. It's not fair, and I think we should take it back. Our freedom, I mean. I think we should be able to go have a little party of our own. They were words of revolution! Of... puppy revolution, anyway... But she still hoped to inspire a sense of kinship and camaraderie with the younger girl. Every Cavalier would be on their guard if Mercy went in there. Nayavota... she might be able to pass under the radar if she pretended to be delivering a message or something...

ooc | [wc — 300+] template by hilli
Casa di Cavalieri
Candid
Nukiira

POSTED: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Mercy dropped to the ground before answering. Nayavota raised an eyebrow at the older girl, but didn't say anything. Mercy was rarely, if every, doing nothing. It just wasn't Mercy's style.

The implication of Mercy's words flew right over Nayavota's head, at least at first. “Uh, I guess so,” she began, trying to be supportive, “I don't like it, dough. Tastes gross to me.” The smell of alcohol turned her stomach and it made her brother act weird. Mercy liked it, though, and Nayavota respected that.

She considered Mercy’s words for a moment. “A party sounds fun,” Nayavota admitted. “The adults wouldn't stop us, would dey?” She couldn't imagine why they would. The youth were typically left to their own devices between their lessons. “Dey’d just want us to stay safe,” she added. That seemed reasonable to her.

In truth, Nayavota didn't understand Mercy’s vices. The older girl made drinking and smoking seem cool, but that didn't mean Nayavota wanted to indulge. Alcohol tasted gross and she doubted her lungs could handle cigarette smoke. “What were you tinking?” she asked, suspecting she already knew the answer.

Nayavota wasn't stupid. The Cavaliers, when they drank, did it to feel better. She knew there were Cavaliers who hated Mercy and Rumpa. The silver girl couldn't imagine being hated, much less by her pack mates. Nayavota’s growing ears were shielded from the worst of their father's crimes, but she eavesdropped when she could. Mercy had a lot to feel better about.

How could someone so good—albeit rough around the edges—come from someone so evil? More importantly, how could anyone hate her?
Casa di Cavalieri
Reticent
Alexander
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:50 pm

Hook, line, and sinker. It seemed that Mercy had snagged Nayavota and that she was on board... or, at least, that she was willing to listen to Mercy's plot. Mercy couldn't help the smile that overtook her muzzle but she at least tried to make it look innocent. In some ways, it was, though she was just using Nayavota to help herself feel better in the long run. She liked getting people to do things for her – little did she know, she would feel just as good if they were more innocent things, like planting flowers, but planting flowers was not the disenfranchised teen's idea of a good time these days.

Great! she said, unable to resist a small 'power fist' gesture at her side. Come with me, she wanted to hook Naya in a little more, instead of telling her the entire plan while it was easier to back out. She wrapped an arm around Naya and began to walk her toward the tavern. Yeah, you can definitely bet that the grown ups will stop us. Like I said, they don't want us to have any fun. They'll stop us any chance we get. That's why we have to be clever about it. Trust me. They'll see how clever we are, and at least that'll earn us a place at the table when we're older. Believe you me, people like your mom didn't get the respect they give her now by sitting on her tail and listening to the rules all the time.

She walked Naya – unless the girl dodged her or pulled away – up to the front of the tavern. They could hear people inside, but it wasn't exactly rush hour or something. So here's what we have to do. They don't trust me at all in there, but nobody would suspect you. I'll go in first and I'll pretend to be sneaking in to steal a bottle... and I'll get myself caught on purpose. They chase me away all the time so I know how it'll go... Then you go around back, and when you hear the code word... she stopped to think – what was the code word? I'll say, 'Damn it, you guys caught me again. You never let me have any fun!' And when you hear me say that, 'you never let me have any fun,' that means that they're all busy looking at me, so you sneak in from the back and grab a bottle and sneak out. If they see you they won't suspect anything, so if you do get caught, just tell them that you ran into my mentor, Damon, at the courthouse, and that he sent you to find me and that he knew I would be coming here to steal a bottle of alcohol. They'll believe that, and let you go. And if not... well then we have a party on our hands, and you and I can go have a nice evening by the river?

By the time she finished, Mercy looked positively delighted with a wagging tail and all. Ok, so, what do ya say? Do you understand your job?

ooc | [wc — 500+] template by hilli
Casa di Cavalieri
Candid
Nukiira

POSTED: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:48 pm

Nayavota flashed Mercy a toothy smile. ”Lead da way,” she said, letting the older girl steer her toward the tavern. Mercy painted a picture of abject tyranny as they walked; the grown-ups were ruining all their fun, just because they could. Nayavota raised an eyebrow, but didn’t say anything. The adults weren’t that bad, were they?

Once they reached the tavern, Mercy revealed their heist; she would distract the staff, giving Nayavota time to steal a bottle from the backroom. They wouldn’t suspect a thing! Despite her better judgement, Nayavota was intrigued. Not enough to sneak in the back door—not yet, anyway—but enough to consider Mercy’s plan.

The pub wasn’t bustling, but it wasn’t empty, either. How were they going to get away with this? ”What if dey catch me wit da bottle?” she asked. Nayavota, sweet as she was, had a known mischievous streak. Darius and Josephine wouldn’t let her go that easily; at least, not without telling her parents. ”We’ll get in trouble,” she said. Nayavota wasn’t a good enough liar to cover for Mercy.

An evening by the river sounded nice, though. Nayavota’s stomach fluttered just thinking about it. ”I could ask Honrin,” she said, ”maybe he’ll give us some mead.” Her brother wasn’t that irresponsible, but it was worth a shot; maybe he’d make an exception.
Casa di Cavalieri
Reticent
Alexander
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:51 pm

As the two were colluding outside of the tavern entrance, Nayavota questioned what would happen if she was caught. Mercy shook her head, I will cover you if you're caught with it. But, rule number one of law breaking; you don't worry about what'll happen if you're caught, because it gets you all worried and nervous. You just convince yourself of your cover story, so if you're questioned, you sound honest. So, if they catch you with it in hand, Mercy paused and thought about that for a moment. Well, if you're caught with the bottle, I'll make something up, honest. Plus, they'll believe you if you just blame it on me.

She placed her hands on Nayavota's shoulders and began to usher her to the back door. It's fine though, they won't catch you, I'll make a real big distraction, ok?

Naya mentioned asking her brother, and though Honrin was one of the few that Mercy actually liked, she still shook her head. No no no, a sip of meade ain't what we need. And asking your brother isn't the same as standing up for ourselves in the face of something that's unjust. Do you think Luca would just ask someone else for some hamburger if he was told he couldn't have steak? Hell no. So why should we? If they catch us they'll just respect us more for standing up for ourselves.

Hey... that was a good idea. Be alphas! she said to Nayavota, her best motivational speech yet. This will show them we are alphas! Alphas command respect!

With that, she gave the silver girl two thumbs up and ran around the corner before she could protest any longer.

Slipping around to the front of the pub, Mercy took a deep breath and walked right through the front door. She knew it would be suspicious if she was too obvious about it, so she at least pretended to sneak, a little. At the first glance, she threw her arms up and shouted the code loud enough for Naya to hear, Damn it, you guys caught me again. You never let me have any fun!

ooc | [wc — 300+] template by hilli
Casa di Cavalieri
Candid
Nukiira

Casa di Cavalieri