Much to do about nothing

Lycidas

POSTED: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Being a child of two canines that hailed from chilled climates never boded well in the apex of summer, shedding and hot spots were common issues. Ivory fur seemed to fly around her in clouds as she scratched along her scruff with her hind leg, man this was annoying. In her smallest form she often looked like slender cotton ball, carrying more fur than she bargened for but she liked her natural form when she hunted. She was always quick and agile, not to mention small enough to gain access to critter homes that her family could not.

A sigh escaped her crimson tinted muzzle as she gave up on her second favorite form and began to shift into one that had thinner fur. Toes and paws lengthened to before fingers and hands, her legs grew longer and toned. Fine hair spilled around her now belly prone body as she gave another huff before stretching much like a cat would before giving her body one finally shake. Fur puffed around her as she flopped on her stomach, her arms coming up and folding in front of her as she placed weight on them to make the decision to stand.

Maybe now was the time to get acquainted with the new addition to their family, a boy her mother brought home that was just skin and bones. After all, this was why she had been in lupus form to begin with. To get him something to eat, a plump rabbit was not in her grasp as she started to move. Again she huffed as she walked with a purpose, her tail waved proudly as her head and shoulders here set in a dominant posture though her purpose was true she had one problem. Day did not have the slightest idea to where this boy was, so she went with following his scent and wandering around until she found him.
Last edited by Day Hushhowl on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet
Lullaby
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:56 am

It didn't take long before the scent of the approaching Hushhowl caught his attention. He had been tying a string of catgut around a stick and piece of chipped bone, most likely creating arrows for the newly crafted bow sitting next to him. He glanced up to see which of the family members were approaching when he spotted someone he had yet to meet. "Hello," He spoke as he finished tying a knot, "I'm almost done." He lifted the arrow to his mouth to bite off the extra string, before carefully setting it down and rising onto his feet. He dusted off his lap as he nodded to gesture her closer, a smile coming to play on his features. "I'm Lycidas, I assume I am who you are looking for."

His cerulean eyes scanned her momentarily as he waited for her response. He couldn't help but notice how miserable she appeared in the heat, noting the fur that seemed to cloud all around her. He had also been tired of the summer- shedding not just fur, but also thick saliva as he couldn't help but pant all day long in the Gods awful heat. Other than that minor inconvenience, he also noted how much she looked like her mother. He wasn't going to admit that though.
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit (NPC)
Kai

POSTED: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:29 pm

Ah, there he was. Alert ears perked high on her skull as his scent wiggled its way into her nostrils, an accomplished smile touched her lips as she pivoted on her heels and changed her course. She followed his personal smell, allowing that grin the change into something more cocky than before before his pale blue eyes turned and met her own liquid gold. Now that was a different color, so pale that it reminded her of water trapped under ice. Her mother's eyes were a vibrant sky coloration, they had more color than this darker boy's held. It fascinated her, words caught on her tongue as he greeted first. her cocky smile fell as her yellow eyes narrowed, so he just assumed she was looking for him. Well she was but that was beside the point, she did not like when other's assumed she was looking for them.. Even if she truly was, a severe character flaw of hers.

"What made you think that?" She inquired in a tone that was not quite rude but was not quite friendly either as she closed the distance between them. For the moment she would revel in the fact she could look down on him rather than the lather, she was getting tired of craning her neck and everyone being so damn tall! Her tail swished back and forth a few times before she gave a short huff, she was suppose to be nice. She had come all this was to be nice, why did it seem so hard to be that? To be a good little girl and give a stranger a sweet smile and an introduction? Against she huffed before crossing her pale arms over her chest, not meaning to push her breasts up, she dropped her arms once more. She raised the rabbit that was still in her grasp to him before she began to speak but she could not bring herself to smile like she should.

"Alright, yes, I was looking for you." She looked away from him for a moment as she continued, "I caught this rabbit for you. Can't have you falling apart, plus.. " Nope she could not do it, another huffing sound as she looked back at the boy that was her age. "My name is Day, if my mama has not already given you my name." You would think being friendly or nice was going to kill her.
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet
Lullaby
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Lycidas' posture straightened as she lost her smile, and suddenly, he was more inclined to believe that she wasn't looking for him. How embarrassing! His ears flattened a bit as she closed the space in between them and his own smile had vanished. He didn't know whether to laugh nervously, or to walk away and hide. Was it even that big of a deal? Still, he didn't break the eye contact between them- the gold color burning into his mind the longer he stared. He could have easily be shoved aside, or pushed down if she had truly intended to do so. He was weak, and most importantly, naive. For all he knew, she could have been a stranger that just so happened to have a scent similar to the Hushhowl clan. He didn't think that way though. Instead, he trusted her intimidating presence.

When she spoke, all of his fears about being wrong were confirmed. Almost instantly, his face grew warm, and his posture weakened. Her tone, on the other hand, was primarily unreadable- calm, yet not friendly. He was even more uncomfortable than when she had stopped smiling. Did he do something wrong? He lifted a hand to rub the back of his neck as she began to scan him, not only was this getting unbearably awkward, but the heat was killing him. He deeply sighed as his eyes locked onto the rabbit, his hand dropping back down to his side. It seemed as though she had an offering of some sort. But for what? There had to be a catch. Or maybe she wasn't pleased with the fact that she had to hunt for him? He carefully took the rabbit into his own hands as a faint smile played on his features. He wanted to thank her, but she had already begun to speak once more.

"You were?" He asked, a puzzled expression bleeding onto his face. Then what was with the- Forget it. She was trying to be nice. He could tell that now. He was still very confused, but began to assume that maybe she didn't like strangers. She huffed and he tilted his head- something was clearly bothering her. "Well, thank you. I really appreciate it, Day. Your mother may have mentioned you before. You're the youngest, right?" He tried with casual conversation. Surely, it would be better than him asking her what her problem was.
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit (NPC)
Kai

Dead Topics