Re: Mobile Skin!

POSTED: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:16 pm

I like how it looks in the screencap! Would this also affect threads on under any specific board as well? As in, if you click on, say Western Tangles, will the last poster to the threads be shown as well? Right now, it just shows the thread titles. I don't know about anyone else, but I think it would help, especially if there are multiple characters in a thread?

Also, is there any way to actually make the Wiki link appear in profiles? Because, right now, on IE, Google Chrome, and Safari, all it shows is just "Yes" xD

Skana Creo
Avatar by San | Siggy Chibi by Alaine
Sapient
Cessavi (NPC)
Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

POSTED: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:19 pm

Hmm. I do not think I would really use the feature, as if I'm really curious about what new threads have come up, I'll just use the magnifying glass/search function for Unread Posts; I tend to do that over looking at the index anyway, on either version, tbh. Anyway, it only takes a click to see what threads have been posted to; the mobile skin does do a clear job of showing that there are unread posts in the forum.

I worry a little about my fat fingers bungling where I tap, but it also isn't super relevant to me either way. So I dunno why I posted this, ahaha.

Edit: I want to echo the bit about liking to see the last posters in the forum itself. That would be far more useful, esp if it's to hint at how many replies I've missed/who else might have joined an AW thread/oh crap look it's my turn. :B The "show wiki" would be neat too if it can be implemented, though I understand what it's doing. xD

Inferni
Evocati
Raze
Luperci Multiple Co-ranks SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2017 Champion!
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:18 pm

Fixed Wiki link and removed icons/titles from profile (felt extraneous?).

Added last poster to list of topics within a forum. Still iffy about adding the last poster/topic to lists of forums. :>
ALAINEY DREW THIS
avatar by felidre ; sig by alaine

commission info
con schedule (aka absence schedule)
'Souls Assemblage
King Explosion Murder
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:18 pm

To be honest, I don't think they're necessary on the list of the forums? I mean, for someone who only uses or heavily uses mobile devices, it might be more convenient for them to have it, but, as a whole, I don't think it's entirely necessary? At least, not when you can click on the board/forum and see the threads (and the most recent poster now, yay! Thank you! :D) themselves, and, as Raze said, the "Unread Threads" option is the easiest and quickest way to find all the new stuff. And, you can always flip over to the full skin and then flip back if you wanted just a quick run-down of what was the newest post/poster in each board :O

Adding the extra line/links might take away from the fact that it's supposed to be a minimal, mobile skin? Some devices are smaller than others, and, as Raze said again, fat-fingering is easy to do xD Especially if it's a smaller-screened smart-phone! It has the basics, and, quoting Raze for the third time now xD, it's super easy to see when there's new stuff on any given board, so, I think it could pass as it is?

Just giving my opinion, since I know I said I liked the screencap earlier x3
Skana Creo
Sapient
Cessavi (NPC)
Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

POSTED: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:53 pm

That's my feeling as well, though again, I don't personally use mobile much, so it's good to hear others' opinions either for or against! If no one feels very strongly that the "most recent" should be listed in the forum view, then I'd rather leave it as is for more minimalism. :3
ALAINEY DREW THIS

commission info
'Souls Assemblage
King Explosion Murder
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:35 pm

The vaaaast majority of my 'Souls browsing is mobile, which is why I mentioned it, but if you want to leave it, that's okay!
Lucille
Krokar
Captain
Myst
Moderator Luperci Mate to August Cartographer

POSTED: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:46 pm

I think if it's unnecessary but convenient, then it's fine to be added? I'd probably use that. :O
by the amazing Alaine!

Sunny
Luperci Mate to Jazper
crown of clay
My Sunny One

POSTED: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm getting used to it now. It's actually quite handy. Screw what I said earlier :P

chien dupont

Icons by Bek, Levi, and myself

FriendlyHougen
Luperci
arf ye matey

POSTED: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:24 pm

On the mobile skin, is there a way to view the IC threads you're in? :O I'm probably just blind and can't find it x3
Skana Creo
Sapient
Cessavi (NPC)
Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

POSTED: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Haha, okay, so -- no one's reported that the added links under topic listings weren't actually working? But they're not. Because the entire row displayed for topic (and forum) listings is set as a link, and smaller elements inside the row (the text links) weren't registering properly because the row link overrode it.

Obviously the entire row being a link is 1) easier to click on on mobile, 2) negates the effect of having additional links in the row. I'm assuming that everyone would prefer having the additional links over a bigger space to click?

Also, the mobile skin doesn't currently have anything that's displayed under the "Roleplay" header menu item of a regular skin. I do want to avoid adding a bunch of header links to mobile, but I think it'd be fine to add just the RP links if they're frequently used by many people?

Mobile users, please do chime in with your opinions! <3
ALAINEY DREW THIS

commission info
'Souls Assemblage
King Explosion Murder
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

News