[EVENT] Temporary Characters

January 1st - February 15th

POSTED: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:09 am

Temporary Characters

In the case of certain large plots, the 'Souls Assemblage will occasionally waive character restrictions to promote plot involvement. Temporary characters created specifically for a particular plot allow all members to participate in things they would be excluded from otherwise, due to their character's position, pack, etc.

For example, in a pack war between two packs, characters from a third, unrelated pack may not have the opportunity to fully participate in the plot, since their character doesn't have anything to do with the war and it may be more difficult for the player to think of a way to involve their character. Thus, temporary character permissions are allowed when it is deemed favourable by the 'Souls Assemblage.

And now is one of those times!

Stipulations

1. All current members have one temporary character "slot" to fill. It doesn't matter if you drop or kill off one temporary character early and bring in a second as long as you are only playing one temporary character at a time. There is no wait period between dropping and joining with a new temporary character. Your regular auxiliary character slots do not need to be filled to pick up a temporary character.
  2. Temporary character(s) are not restricted to which pack they'd like to join. You needn't join one of the packs involved in the temporary plot -- you can join an unrelated pack if you'd like.
  3. Temporary character permissions begin on January 1st, 2017 and will end on March 1st, 2017: all temporary characters must be dropped, killed off, or otherwise decommissioned by the end date unless the player applies to officially keep their temporary character as a permanent character.
    • If you have a empty auxiliary character slot available, you should post a new, regular joining topic with your temporary character before the temporary character permission expires. If you do not have a valid auxiliary character slot available, you must request one as usual.

Joining

To participate in the plot, fill out the joining form below and post a new thread in the Joining forum. Mark the topic title as TEMP - [Pack Name], where [Pack Name] is the name of the pack you wish to join (or "Loner," if joining as a loner).

OOC joining is encouraged -- if your pack's policies allow it -- to keep things quick and speedy! We anticipate a surge in new temporary characters, so we don't want to spend the whole time roleplaying joining threads. Double-check with the pack you intend to join to see if OOC joining for temporary characters will be permitted.

Form

Code: Select all
[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Birthdate:[/b] (Including year)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]  (If your character is a canine, put their subspecies.)
[b]Is your character a Luperci?:[/b]
[b]Current Character(s):[/b]
[b]Which pack will you join?:[/b] (IF, SL, and Boreas Loner encouraged)
[b]Are you joining IC or OOC?:[/b] (OOC recommended)
[b]If joining OOCly, did you already get approval from the pack's leader(s)?:[/b] (Some groups, such as Salsola and Boreas, require pre-approved permission. Others, like Inferni, do not. Check with your pack to be sure!)

If you are not currently a member of 'Souls, but are joining with a temporary character, please also Link to your character's profile OR embed three roleplaying examples. Current members do not need to provide this.

Questions? Confused?

If you have any questions or need clarification on any item, please reply directly to this thread!

So, What’s the Plot?

A familiar enemy from Inferni and Salsola’s past has infiltrated Nova Scotia. Four years ago these fanatic wolves were defeated, but as Infernians and Salsolans alike are picked off one by one, it seems like they’re serious about exacting vengeance…

Inferni and Salsola would be good places to drag your temporary characters; they have modified their OOC joiners policy to allow speedier joining. If you're interested in playing one of the vengeful Boreas wolves, contact Raze or Mel! You can bring your characters anywhere else you’d like -- however, those far from these packs may have difficulty integrating into the plot.

'Souls Assemblage
The Few, The Proud
'Souls Assemblage
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:43 am

This might be a stupid question, but can I play my currently aNPCed Infernian as a temporary character, or does it have to be an entirely new one just for the plot?
Salsola
The Jagermeister
Eve
Cazador, Veleno
VIRULENT
Valar Morghulis

POSTED: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:49 am

Scorpius D'Angelo wrote:This might be a stupid question, but can I play my currently aNPCed Infernian as a temporary character, or does it have to be an entirely new one just for the plot?

You may pick up/play any character as your temp. :> So yes -- you could join/participate with Dorado as your temporary; he would just have to be dropped/NPCed or picked up "permanently" by the end of the plot (Feb).

Inferni
Evocati (NPC)
Raze
Luperci Multiple Co-ranks Rex III SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2017 Champion!
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:58 am

What criteria does a pack plot need to meet to qualify for allowing temporary characters?
Krokar
Captain
Myst
Moderator Luperci Mate to August Cartographer IT'S SO FLUFFY

POSTED: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 am

Vesper wrote:you could join/participate with Dorado as your temporary

And his cNPC? Or is that asking for too much? xD

Avatar by Eve; Siggy by Songbird
Salsola
The Jagermeister
Eve
Cazador, Veleno
VIRULENT
Valar Morghulis

POSTED: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:03 am

Scorpius D'Angelo wrote:And his cNPC? Or is that asking for too much? xD

Temporary characters get one cNPC slot just like ordinary characters, AFAIK -- someone feel free to correct me! Obviously, in the event where a temp character is killed/dropped vs NPCed in a pack at the end, their cNPC would no longer have an attachment and would have to "poof" somehow also.

Lucille wrote:What criteria does a pack plot need to meet to qualify for allowing temporary characters?

There isn't set criteria -- this is something leaders would need to approach the 'SA about individually. However, they are generally for plots that affect multiple packs; in the past, temp characters were approved for war plots between packs, for instance. So it's just something you should PM us about if you have a plot you're interested in allowing temps for, when the time comes. :>

To clarify, temporary characters can join any packs during the duration they're allowed. We encourage temps join the packs participating in the plot, of course, but we don't restrict it.

Inferni
Evocati (NPC)
Raze
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:10 am

How will temps affect those of us who are seeking pups/slots
SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Ancien
Gen
Spotlight Soul Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:13 am

Silvano Sadira wrote:How will temps affect those of us who are seeking pups/slots

They shouldn't at all. Temporary character activity shouldn't be taken into account for character requests. Additionally, temporary character "slots" are separate from other character slots as well; they don't affect each other, so you don't have to have all your slots filled before you pick up a temporary, and the wait periods aren't affected by your temp.

If you have a more specific scenario in mind, let us know and we can better answer. :>

Inferni
Evocati (NPC)
Raze
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:38 am

Whilst there isn't a set criteria, could one be established for future cases - because pack war, vs npc conflict, etc is all very subjective on whether it is considered a large scale type thing / would be great to have something that is clear cut regarding whether temp characters on a board scale would be an option, plus transparency and consistency for those looking to apply?

Additionally, for other packs launching conflict events, if a temp status has been approved and posted (like this one), could other packs latch onto that and use it or would we need to apply separately for a temporary character status? Given the published one is very much geared towards the SL/IF conflict content currently.
By the grace of the fire and the flames
YOU'RE THE FACE OF THE FUTURE, THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS
Sapient
Sagax
Kitty
Swindler (Master) Victimology
I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:47 am

I really like the idea of set criteria, and having them published to the leader handbook. Since I wasn't around last time they were used, I didn't even know that temporary characters were an option to be applied for! Dx
Krokar
Captain
Myst
Moderator Luperci Mate to August Cartographer IT'S SO FLUFFY

News