wicked game

POSTED: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:30 am

Her path had become a winding, tumultuous thing. Odalis picked her way through the trees carefully until she came upon a wide field of gold flecked grass. Here she paused beneath the open sky, her muzzle tilted back as she took in the wisps of cloud that passed overhead.

The voice had her skin instantly crawling.

"I didn't think I would see you again." Her voice was rife with anger, her expression narrowed to a careful point. When she had first approached him she had done so with gusto. She had expected a red smudged nose and eyes the color of clay... Instead she was met with nothing but glittering silver.

"Ciprian, Odalis slowed and began to gather her thoughts, her hands absently picking at the ruffles on her sleeve. "I thought you died."

There was a new scar high up on his cheek from where a wine filled goblet had found its mark, but otherwise he appeared unchanged - his long fingers shining with a collection of rings. They clicked together as he slid toward her, his tongue snaking its way across his crooked muzzle so that it shone.

"That's no way to greet an old comrade," He feigned gentle concern as he circled her, his nostrils flaring as she glared up at him. "You are no such thing Cipriano." She took a step toward him, challenging, "You are a coward."

He was laughing, a deep throated chuckle that wafted over the auburn waves of her hair.

She stepped away from him and he grabbed her arm, his hand tight like a vice.
Salsola
Indentured Servant
Amanda
Maintenance Aide (I GOT THAT BROOM BROOM BROOM)

POSTED: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 am

Thrice now Dove had found him in his dreams, each time standing in a field of flowers. She shrieked and fussed at him there in the way she used to, in the way she no longer could or would. Pilot fluttered about, cawing, warning of something coming, but nothing ever did. Thrice now she had found him and yelled at him for being lazy, or for daydreaming, or for some other third thing Salvador never listened to, because by then he had realized something was wrong, that she was no longer alive, and he woke up suddenly wherever it was he had settled down to rest.

His mind wandered often to other places—places where faces he knew roamed or used to. Cour des Miracles, where Dove wasn’t but Ask and Odalis were. Salsola, where Wretch and Neith both lived despite the reputation. A dozen other packs and cities and homesteads, with a dozen more names that had come and gone just as Dove had done. The freshness of the news always brought her back to occupy his mind, but soon enough she would be just another memory on a list with a few fleeting feelings attached.

This was nothing new. The recurring dreams, the guilt, the wondering what could have been. It was nothing new. It was why he never could stay in one place too long; comfort and ease of life meant an idle mind, and an idle mind meant a resurgence of memories that needed not be revisited.

So he wandered, as he always did. He brushed himself off from under the tree and walked from Inferni, to put his body and mind to work. They needed food, he needed distraction. For how much longer could he stand it?

What he found, however, was the telling (and all-too-familiar) scent of the Court not leagues from the Inferni borderline, and at the other end of it one endearing yet impossible young woman and a friend. Didn’t she ever stay home?

Friend. Perhaps not a friend. She glared worse than she had ever looked upon Salvador when he rightly deserved it. He’d seen it all before. Sally didn’t think, but acted—a routine he had performed a handful of times before.

“Odalis!” he exclaimed the moment he watched the stranger take her arm, and he quickened his pace and grinned as if to be reunited with an old friend. Sally threw his arms around her in a suffocating but successful embrace meant to put himself between and make space. “You made it. Hope the trip was all right—I would have gone to meet you, but my back and all...”

He parted, and only then looked to Ciprian as if an afterthought. “Who’s this? Your servant?”

our currency is flesh and bone

Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONSPIT
everything costs

POSTED: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:50 pm

Odalis felt at times that she was supposed to be afraid of Ciprian Tenebriso. He had followed her from Onuba on what she could only assume was a whim, had managed to find her during the Winter of Tarnished Gold – had contributed to the death of a Butler and both usurping Queens. Some would have built him up into a terrifying picture of a monster, but to Odalis he was just a man.

A sad, pathetic man.

His grip on her was tight and she hissed at him, struggling to pull her arm free.

”Let me go.”

He dropped her arm so suddenly that she almost toppled over, but instead landed against a warm body – a different arm encircling her shoulders with a languid ease that had her blinking sharply. Salvador gathered her in his arms easily, and without thinking she pressed her nose to the crook of his neck in thanks.

Ciprian was forced to take a step back, and over the coyotes shoulders she could see his expression narrow, his long tongue flicking across his dark muzzle.

The taller man flicked his thin-tail as if it were a whip, the rings on his fingers gleaming as he rocked on his heels – considering. He had not expected company beside the tiny auburn-haired girl, and he inspected the man blankly, his silver eyes landing on the bright smudge of color on his nose, and then the tattered loose fitting shirt that hung about his shoulders.

He touched Odalis like he knew her, and it had Ciprians jaw sit unevenly as he judged the distance between them.

”Is this your... friend?” Ciprian was testing, careful, ”I am no servant.”

Odalis was clasping the mans hand, ”Salvador, this is Ciprian.” She curled her lips into a smile, ”He helped me get to Nova Scotia a long time ago… Now I am not sure what he is doing here.”

She adjusted the collar around Salvadors neck so that it sat flush against his neck, ”He was one of the mercenary’s that came to the Court…”

She lifted her chin as if to challenge him, ”What are you doing here now?”

Ciprian blinked, so brave now that you are not alone.

”I came to see you.” He went to take a step forward, but thought better of it. "I couldn't stop wondering if you were alright in the wake of everything that happened."

He curled his lips, polishing a heavy signet ring against his robe, "You seem to be doing alright."
Salsola
Indentured Servant
Amanda

POSTED: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 am

Odalis seemed grateful for his graceless but timely intervention, and the individual with her made some space and looked on with analysis. Salvador shared this intent in subtle glances: The man called Ciprian struck Sally as waifish as Odalis herself, willowy where the Sadira was stocky and doubly refined. Naturally, this drew Sally’s thoughts to the prospects of a fistfight and how poorly those willowy types always performed, and with this in mind he grinned shamelessly and unexplained to himself while Odalis properly introduced them and they inquired with one another back and forth.

He smiled through even the knowledge that Ciprian had served with those who sieged the Court. This was none of his business, of course, but it spoke of subtle red flags. He did not look the warring type, which meant that if Ciprian had participated in that usurpation, he had performed different tasks. Intelligence work, perhaps. All the more reason not to be underestimated, and all the more reason Sally grinned even wider.

“Nah, from what I could tell of that throne-juggling, it all blew over quickly. If you were with them, you sure didn’t do much.” He laughed. He knew so little of what actually occurred (murders, more murders, beatings, what have you), but posturing was posturing. “Good intentions or not, I can’t imagine the Court would take kindly to you wandering around after its people alone in the woods. If I were you, I would have sailed back to wherever I came from the second your group lost power. I mean, if I wanted to keep my head.”

He glanced down to Odalis. “Right? They’re still mad?”

our currency is flesh and bone

Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONSPIT
everything costs

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:53 pm

She had to resist the urge to roll her eyes at him, to keep herself as far removed from the emotion that he caused to boil in her gut. When she responded she was cool – calm and collected. ”I am alright.” Her voice was devoid of emotion, but she knew that Salvador would feel the shudder that ran through her.

Odalis nodded her head as Salvador spoke, ”Oh yes, they are still livid Ciprian.” The tall-thin man was eyeing her with a placated expression, his tail twitching like a large cat. He chewed his lips for a moment before replying with a hissing, ”I see.” Odalis waved her hand at him, sneaking closer into the one armed embrace of the russet masked man. ”You should never come back to the Court. Kalypso would skin you alive.”

The man threw back his head, ”Oh yes, your new Queen. She does seem to take to public spectacle.”

Odalis suddenly saw a womans tumbling head, her curls damp against the sprawling grass. She hummed softly, and ignored the way Ciprians lips twitched and danced – goading and silent.

Ciprian eyed Salvador and promised himself to commit the man’s face to memory.

Odalis squeezed the man’s hand, and Ciprian clutched the edges of his cape and bowed. ”Well, it seems I must go then – you seem to be busy with your friend.” He smiled at her, long and creeping, ”You know Odalis, I could be your friend too.” He turned and dipped his head, ”A good friend. A better friend.”

”Go.” Was all she said, and with a final twitch of his tail he disappeared through the trees.

When she was sure he was gone she turned and clutched Salvador tightly.

”Thank you.”

Thank you for being so patient!! ilu

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Amanda

Dead Topics