Good Times

Colchester Quarter

POSTED: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:29 pm

Some would see these ruins as a cause to mourn but to one who had traveled the continent these ruins were home. Each piece of the aging structure was touched as if it was a child. This building was in desperate need of love. That love, Hammish was more than willing to supply it.

Set out on the scarred floor were numerous human artifacts gathered from a morning filled with scavenging. Some of these items would be traded for better things but the rest would be a part of his growing collection.It was frustrating to start over but there was some fun in finding replacement treasures.

He had met so many that shared this passion. Perhaps he'd meet another friendly face.

John William Frost
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:49 am

Avinalora
Word Count:335
Mind if Avinalora comes in with a mammoth post? I made a few assumptions, correct me if I'm wrong!

She's in Lupus form

A small silver shape trotted into view of the house. She was small and looked very much like a fox with her lean shape, bottlebrush tail, and large ears. Heterochromia-afflicted green eyes scanned over the abandoned dwelling, which was probably pointless as the left eye didn't see the image and the right eye's vision wasn't very clear. Once she had looked over the structure, she padded towards the doorway to investigate.

Avinalora was once again roaming the area known as "Colchester Quarter". For once she wasn't accompanied by any of her fox wards as the kits were at home with Jarix and her companions and probably learning something. She had set out with no particular plan in mind. Perhaps collect a few herbs and explore the area. The vixen soon came across an abandoned house. She wasn't new to these structure, having lived in them before. She decided to look through the house to see if there was anything valuable to the healer, such as a book or trinket.

The foxlike Luperci poked her small head in the doorway, not bothering to shift into Optime as she didn't see the need to. She could probably fit into smaller spaces in this tiny form. The Pollux could smell someone here who carried the scent of Midnight Shores, she didn't recognize the smell personally but hoped to meet another packmate. She then looked around and caught sight of a bright pelt.

The Midnighter had fur of many different shades of orange and brown. His back which was turned towards her was dark brown with off-white markings and ginger-brown markings. She had never seen such vibrant markings before. Scattered around him were many human artifacts. The medic assumed that he was a collector of some sort. She didn't know how she should approach the fellow as she had never met him before. Would she announce her presence in some way?

Then, the moon-washed maiden shifted her weight from one side to the other, a floorboard creaked under her.

"And all the questions left unanswered, How it all could be"
template by revo. <3

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:45 pm

A wanderer's nose and ears were his confidants when his eyes were busy. Hammish's eyes were captivated by humanistic buffet. Each artifact had a story to tell that one had to learn for themselves. Every moment the Aussie American spent staring at the pieces of history. He would have sunk deeper into the pit of intrigue if it weren't for a scent. The aroma crept into his nostrils but still he pressed on to observe. Then came the creak and now his body was redirecting attention. No longer able to focus on his treasures the man turned around.

It was a hybrid looking woman from Midnight Shores. They had not met prior to this moment but the wanderer was one for kinship. All who called Midnight Shores their home, no matter how aggravatingly critical they are, are his family. A smile crept upon his maw while he he waved towards his female visitor. "Good evening, anything I can help you with?" The dingo dog arose to his feet extending a hand. "My name's Hammish, pleasure to meet you."

Perhaps the woman could make the day even more fun.

John William Frost
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:31 pm

Avinalora
"Where was I when the rockets came to life And carried you away into the alligator sky"
Lupus | Colchester Quarter | Day
Sorry for the late response!
WORD COUNT

The stranger gave her a friendly smile and waved. The edges of her mouth lifted into a small smile towards the male in return. Then he got to his feet and greeted her politely and then offered her a hand shake while introducing himself as "Hammish." The silver fox dipped her head as she was without hands. She had left her belongings in a tree hollow and there was no use running back for them

"I'm Avinalora, nice to meet you." She responded and then added. "I'm one of the new Polluxes." She said, stating the obvious as the scent of the shores had yet to weave it's way amongst the smell of herbs that clung to her pelt. She could tell that Hammish was a Midnighter by scent but she wasn't exactly sure of his ranking and she couldn't tell what his profession was.

The monochrome female was extremely small and foxlike in this form and noticed that she was shorter than his knee. She wished that she had shifted into her Optime form before entering the house as she would have been a lot taller. But, she couldn't turn back now.

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:19 am

To find a friendly face that holds the Midnight stench wasn't entirely unheard of. The pack itself held many that were all over the spectrum. Hammish found great joy and pain with this spectrum as the leader was intense to put it tastefully. It was quite funny though how he remained in the lower ranks along with this new member. Most would find some cause for alarm, but as Hammish's efforts were towards collecting it was not surprising.

"A fellow Pollux, very nice," He lifted up his arms allowing the multi hued limbs to pop their joints. "Welcome to the pack young blood, I'm sure you'll find it pretty relaxed." That would be the case if it weren't for the tightly wound ball of stubborn that skulked the pack lands. Still he didn't know the stresses of leadership so he let it slide.

"As you can see I am an avid human enthusiast, I have a collection at home of a whole bunch of artifacts." He grinned ear to ear with jovial pride.

John William Frost
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:37 pm

Avinalora
"Hey youngblood, doesn't it feel like our time is running out?"

Avinalora was quite surprised that Hammish was the same rank as her. The scent of Midnight Shores was strong on him which would normally signify a higher rank in most packs. The man was still ranked as a newcomer even though he appeared to have been a long-standing member. The knowledge made her question the amount of time it took to move up the ranks. Did they have to do something to be promoted? Was ranking based on something else?

The medic was pulled out of her thoughts when the male spoke of his interest in human artifacts. She noticed the items he was previously looking at that were set out on the floor. The she-jackal couldn't call herself a "Human enthusiast" but she did use human items. She wore clothes, liked living in houses, and liked to read books. She had gathered some information on the extinct species from the novels she had read, but she did not investigate further.

"So you probably know a lot more about humans than I have from just reading books." The moon-washed maiden commented.

Word Count
I'm so sorry for the late response!

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:36 pm

Throughout the Aussie's travel he had taken time to hear out others on the subject of humans. The long dead masters were something to ponder. If they were so great then what killed them, could canines ever surpass them, and could there be any humans left? These are what drove he and the other enthusiasts, especially the last question. The chance to meet one of the old rulers would be a life changing event that all would desire.

Curiosity is said to kill the cat, Hammish isn't too sure about killing a cat but his curiosity did constrain hurt his promotions. It was almost humorous how long he's been a member and yet he remained so low. It mattered little since ranking up held no desirable advantage in the hierarchy of Midnight Shores. Despite all of his shuffling about he did hear some stories to take note of.

"I've read a lot, I've heard stories from other canines, even ones about finding and using rare human weapons but to be fair those are probably iffy, and to top it off I explore old ruins like this place." It was clear as day how excited the man felt towards this subject matter.He hoped the pale woman could at least humor his passion.

John William Frost
Luperci

Dead Topics