I never seem to find a reason

p. Loki

POSTED: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:14 am

(200+) For Raze & Loki! Vague part of daytime.

Walking underneath an overcast sky, Lithia began to notice a pattern with herself. Any extended period of time in a given place, and she found herself feeling rather restless. She didn’t know why it happened or what caused her to feel this way, but it was there. The feeling was always nagging her. She thought, once, that she did fit into Sapient’s culture – and perhaps part of her did – but she was beginning to feel more and more out of place these last few weeks.

She suspected it was her position in the pack. Trained for stealth and information-gathering at a young age, it wasn’t a path she was able to follow in the materialistic pack. Spying and trading dirt was given to only a few hand-picked members, and she was not one of them.

Scavenging was great, but it was all she had to show for herself. It wasn’t enough. She didn’t feel like her effort was enough. And that was important to her.

With Totem taking up the rear a few paces back, Lithia cut through the Sticks and Stones, heading down towards the Dampwoods. She liked hunting in that forest. It was familiar to her, and she felt free there. On her back was a backpack of all her valuable belongings. Somedays she felt like leaving and never coming back… and it was always her personal possessions that kept her returning.

Well, now she had them, so there was no turning back.

She shared none of this with the scarred, white slave in tow; only brooding over the thoughts that hovered in her mind like thick fog, waiting to blind her in the darkness.

then wear the gold hat, if that will move her
Sapient
Scio Parva
Sammiie
Luperci Scavenger Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts

POSTED: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:41 pm

It was the role of a father wolf to ensure that his family wanted for nothing, and Loki was no exception: especially in the materialistic world that was Salsola, he wanted to provide them with wealth along with security and nourishment. Their status as children of the Crone would only help them fly so far, ad while he fully believed that they should earn respect by their own merit, he was not above helping them do so.

This was what brought him out to trade. The ride to the old ruins of Freetown was not an especially short one—five days with proper rest—and he was not altogether sure of what would be found at the ruins. Rumor had it lawless traders had set up shop there, but this was something he would want to see for himself. If nothing else, he would pass by the proximity of other packs that Salsola considered wealthy (or wealthier than their semi-barbaric neighbors who had good only in shared horseflesh).

Berkanan was delighted to be out, and she ran through the wooded foothills quickly. Loki had to laugh and hang onto her, his dark riding gloves fisted in her reins and her black hair. But he let her run around for a while, and tire herself out, necessitating another day of travel probably—but it wasn’t in his spirit to be overly strict about this. He enjoyed the feeling of the wind in his face and the happiness of his horse.

They slowed and stopped beside a creek and a crooked jack pine, where Loki fixed his twisted bun of gray hair and made sure their packs were not compromised. He pulled one of his prettier-looking pelts out of one satchel and smoothed his hand over the fur, frowning as he inspected it, when Berkanan shifted her weight and pricked her ears, and Loki turned to look at what the horse had seen. A dark woman flecked with silver walked through the wood with a big white canine behind her.

Loki was quick to smile and bow. “Hello, friends!” he said, and with a flourish draped the russet pelt on Berkanan’s back; she whinnied hello too. “You look burdened by that pack, should have that big man carry it,” he cooed.
With your feathers and thorns sticking to my hide
Salsola
The Crone
Raze
Luperci Mate to Stjarna Vedetto, Collettore raven & dove
trickster god
two-spirit

POSTED: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:52 pm

(200+) ooc text here.

She had been walking so lost in thought that she hadn’t noticed when they came upon others. It was Totem’s grunt that alerted her to something and the man’s greeting that answered all the rest for her. Pink eyes studied the silver-coated man, draping a fur over his mare’s back. It was an empty thought, but she realized she would have to go back for Gezi anyhow. How could she forget her stallion in all of this?

Maybe that was a sign that she needed to take him out more.

”Hello traveler,” she echoed, closing the distance between them now that greetings were out of the way. ”You’re right. I’ve been so lost in thought, he’s been traveling burden-free this whole time. Totem, hold this.” Then she took off the bag and gave it to the scarred white male. He took it without word – mostly because he couldn’t speak – and wore the pack on his shoulders.

”What brings you to the outskirts of the Black River Reserve? Traveling? Trading, perhaps?” Anything to lessen her load. Perhaps he’d give her something to secure her way into a new home. Or perhaps not. ”I’ve got a few jewelry pieces I’ve been trying to rid myself of… Would you be interested?” As she said this, she fingered a large bright ruby that hung from a chain around her neck – a gift, once upon a time.

then wear the gold hat, if that will move her
Sapient
Scio Parva
Sammiie
Luperci Scavenger Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts

Sticks and Stones