[M] poppers poppin' baby might take some more

p. Shaamah

POSTED: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:36 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Joints popped, bottles tinked, the truck rocked a bit. Biff stretched himself out in the backseat, all six foot whatever of him, solid muscle and a good layer of fat, baby. He felt good. Yellow sun filtered through the cracked windows, some broken, letting the bright shine right on his face. He shook his massive head, chain clanking together, and opened the door, leaping deftly out.

He gave himself a shake. Yeah, today was alright. He stretched his arms over his head and looked at the wall adjacent to his truck; he'd tidied the bar a little bit, stocked the back with some alcohol he'd traded or 'borrowed' or whatever. He pushed through the back door, glancing about the place. It looked normal now, not some shitty run-down place no one cared about. Tables and chairs stood upright, the bar looked clean-ish, and the shelves had some (empty) bottles on them. The full ones were in the back in storage.

He wasted no time in heading to the back, opening the small closet space and pulling out some dried meat and a bottle of booze. He tore into the meat without thinking, a small growl slipping through his maw as he did so. He washed it down with the amber liquid, the burn going completely unnoticed.

- words

Most of Biff's threads will be labeled [Mature] due to his pottymouth and rough nature!
Loners
Dog
Sunny
large and in charge
ain't shady baby i'm hot
like the prodigal son
HIT ME LIKE THAT SNARE

POSTED: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:14 pm

“I can't have you here. Not after last time. I mean no harm by it, but you need to leave. Now,” The lanky bartender spread it hands wide as the pair as they backed out of the door, bumping into a few patrons that quickly made a wide circle around the situation. Zetsu's face was slathered with confusion, but Shaamah's stern features were static on the bartender's face. The man was handling the situation as best as he could considering the circumstances, and the fact that Shaamah had never actually gone back to the place, until now. It was long enough ago for them to fix the mess, but not long enough for them to forget about it. Not only that, but with Zetsu's brash mouth, Shaamah wasn't thrilled to deal with mopping up any messes the boy made to save Sapient's namesake.

“We will leave,”
He murmured without hesitation, nor with submission. Sapient's reputation was at stake wherever he went, and he wasn't going to push for enemies. They had enough of them as it were. Gratitude poured from the bartenders mouth; As much as he would have loved to serve them, he couldn't afford the mess. There was no guaranteeing the bar's safety, either. Zetsu may have a mouth, but Shaamah certainly had the might and the impatience from loners to cause the situation again. The soldier turned his crown away first, followed by his shoulders and off they went down the road. Zets didn't relinquish so easy, and turned back to his father,” You're just going to let him-”

Ivory clamped shut as the warrior glared back at his offspring, the ruddy young man eventually craning his head downward and following off in Shaamah's footsteps with a clenched jaw in frustration. It was a bit of time down the road until they had found a bar far enough to be out of the way of the rumors he'd caused to settle in and start taking in faces. They made their way inside, first with Zetsu while Shaamah held the entryway for him to keep his eye on the boy. Blood or not, that didn't mean the soldier was any kind of trusting of anyone to this day.

Their eyes both settled on the stocky male behind the counter that had already started his day-drinking, as there wasn't anyone else there at the moment. Zetsu snaked his way between a few tables and took himself as spot at the counter, bright-eyed and bushy tailed at the idea that liquor was present. They were at a bar, and he was going to drink. There wasn't a thing that Shaamah could do to stop him. Of course, Zetsu thought it was one in a team of two today. The reality of it was, Shaamah couldn't leave pack lands on decree of no flying solo due to circumstances. Zetsu was mouthy, emotional and all around distracting. It would take visual off of the soldier for long enough for him to gather information and take note of suspicious looking loners in the area.

“Afternoon, friend~” Zetsu approached the dog with a half-grin, knowingly sedating the features on the side of his face that Shaamah stood facing, but too excited to be out of the estate and seeing something new. The soldier found his way to the bar, thereafter, moving a bar stool aside so he could stand beside his troublesome son. Bi-hued gaze reached the hound, the only greeting he'd achieve, before a short lasting glower reached his son. Eyes eventually found their way around the bar again, Zetsu's voice, young and naive, taking the space between them all hostage,” What's good here?”

Sapient
Sodalis
Dark
Luperci Mercenary Combatology

POSTED: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:24 pm

He sipped his drink, climbing up onto a stool next to the counter. The drink didn't go down easy, but easy wasn't exactly what he was about, now was it? He tore another bite from the hunk of meat in his hands, savoring the salty flavor before swallowing. Then, the front door opened, and entered two canines. Wolves.

Ohohoh. Biff cracked a lopsided grin, sharp eyes trained dangerously on the two before him. The younger (and smaller) of them found himself sitting eagerly at the counter, tail bushed out and eyes sparkling at the sight of alcohol. Adorable. Biff's gaze switched to the other. A huge, lumbering guy. Serious-looking. Par for the course for a wolf. Eventually he took a seat near his companion, opting to glower at him, while the younger spoke directly to Biff.

"Well, wolfsie," he drawled, casual sitting stance evident in his spread-apart legs and arm hanging off the counter, "got mead, got wines, got some moonshine." He lifted his own drink to demonstrate; the light amber liquid sloshed in its cup, and he took it to his lips and downed it in one go. Oh, shit, that burn. He loved it. He placed his now-empty cup on the counter.

- words

Most of Biff's threads will be labeled [Mature] due to his pottymouth and rough nature!
Loners
Dog
Sunny
large and in charge
ain't shady baby i'm hot
like the prodigal son
HIT ME LIKE THAT SNARE

POSTED: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:53 am

“Wolfsie...?” He tilted his head with furrowed brows for a moment, processing the language that the tender spoke so casually,” I like it,” The calculation shifted into something more amiable with a nod. He'd never had a nickname before. Hell, he couldn't remember if Shaamah had ever actually spoken his real name out loud. The tender went on to explain his wares while the wooden floorboards beneath Shaamah's feet began to groan out of protest,” Moonshine?” He questioned, giving a glance to his father, who was clearly disinterested in the whole conversation. He'd heard of mead, and wines were aplenty in Sapient, but moonshine? That sounded like a drink made for a wolf!” I'll take one of those!”

While Zetsu played tea-party, Shaamah's gaze had swept around the room. He noted the location of tables, the sprawl of the chairs and stools; the doors, the windows and anything behind the counter that his eyes could take note of upon a glance. Eventually, his gaze led him back to the tender, just for a second, and his maw split enough to Zetsu,” There are far greater reasons to be in Amherst, save making your feet heavy and your mind more dull than it is, boy,” He growled under his breath at the boy, who found some sort of strange empowerment by being in front of someone who didn't know the soldier well.

“Then go do it. I'm here to enjoy myself. I don't get to at home because of you, anyways,” He spat out of his silvery jaws, head cocked back and to the side to find Shaamah's face. The soldier wasn't so willing to take this kind of language, but he had to remain a representation of Sapient. He couldn't be as callous as he would choose, which was exactly what the boy needed. Hackles shivered on the back of his nap, but arms cross over his chest gave patience to his rising heart rate. Zetsu returned to the bar tender,” So serious all the time...” He started, with a shake of his head before eyes set on the stranger who had gladly offered his wares,” We're from Sapient, by the way. On North Shore. You heard of us?” The boy sought to make conversation, while Shaamah could feel the taste of acid rolling down his throat.The soldier grabbed the bridge of his nose and offered a quiet, though exasperated sigh. He really was worthless,” We're looking for someone causing trouble on the borders,” There goes surprise. There goes anonymity. If any strangers started lurking the borders new, it would be an easy discovery as to who let the information go that Sapient was here looking for someone that was already deemed a murderer twice.

Last edited by Shaamah on Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sapient
Sodalis
Dark

POSTED: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:19 am

He liked it?

"Ha ha ha!" His harsh, booming laughter bounced off the walls and made the room seem smaller, somehow. He grinned viciously, showing far too many teeth, and his eyes glinted dangerously as he looked at the young wolf. "Moonshine it is, kid." He lifted himself from his seat and walked to the storage room, moving the heavy boxes from the front to access a cup and the bottle, pouring a generous amount. It was strong stuff, and he kinda wanted to see this kid and his hardass dad or whatever drunk.

His grin widened as the older wolf said some shit about heavy feet and dull minds. Wow. This guy was a walking personification of the wolf stereotype.

"Oh, man," he barked, "you're a fuckin' joy, huh? Bet everyone luvs ya." Another sip, and his eyes switched to the younger kid as he started to talk about Sapient. Huh, so that was what that familiar scent was; he probably should have noticed earlier, but the alcohol burned in his nose and blocked out the subtleties of scent from the outside world.

"Yeah, I heard'a you," he said, taking another sip from his drink. "My stupid sister's there. You prolly know 'er. Dumb, fat, gay, never stops talking." He snickered, a phlegmy, wheezing sound. His ears perked when the younger mentioned trouble on the borders, though.

"Trouble, huh? I dig it. What's up?" he asked. "Loners hurtin' your delicate sensibilities?" Another snicker, another swig of his drink..

- words

Loners
Dog
Sunny
large and in charge
ain't shady baby i'm hot
like the prodigal son
HIT ME LIKE THAT SNARE

POSTED: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:18 pm

The sudden bought of laughter brought a curl to the corner of Zetsu's lip, and the vicious grin played out to bring a full smile out of the boy. It was easy to see that the young mane was almost blind to any notions that the dog might have any ill will toward him. Naive. Trusting. Zetsu's position was a dangerous one and Shaamah wouldn't forget it. The ruddy child had a lot to learn and little time to learn it if he was going to be a member of a society like Sapient, who loved to make enemies with sour trade deals and dare Shaamah think, crooked histories as his own.

As the canine sauntered off to the back, the soldier's broad, rose padded hand-paw swiped at the back of his head, in just enough time for Zetsu's nose to smack on the tender's counter and Shaamah to return to his surveying position as if nothing had happened between them, save Zetsu' lack of balance. The dog wasn't so keen on the soldier, however. Shaamah could taste the heat of tension between them, but as long as he wasn't the instigator in this situation, if something just happened to... happen.. It wouldn't necessarily be him to blame. Tawny lips parted to spit out some rather colorful words, to which earned a deep breath and dark brows raised atop Shaamah's crown in the puzzlement of it all and the irony of the tenders words before settling in the stern glower that seemed a good fit for his features,” Remarkable so, despite,” The low hum of his words carried to the dog-tender, bi-hued gaze watching as the golden eyes slipped back to Zetsu. Bringing that boy out here might mean the kid's death, and Shaamah would have to save his sorry hide for only one reason, and it had nothing to do with family.

Zetsu couldn't help but like this guy more and more, as he was willing to rain on Shaamah's parade. The dog just seemed to know that his father was more of a prick than Zets was willing to tell anyone, yet someone a great deal of Sapien's liked the guy. His fathers words were right. Despite the man's efforts, his sour face, his hideously scarred body and general lack of pleasant aura, they seemed to like the guy. Who would actually like Shaamah on their own accord? Certainly not Zetsu. He wanted respect from the man, but he knew that family wasn't something that the fighter processed.

Brooding turned into surprised as Zetsu's attention was immediately siezed at the idea that his sister was in Sapient,” Really?” While the bright eyed-youth held his breath in surprise, Shaamah's calculating mind sifted through the garbage that this man spoke, and by looks and attitude alone, it was much more simple to add a name to who the tender slandered,” Blackrust,” The soldier's tune droned, and despite the fact that he sounded like the hated the name, Brandy had been one of the more hard working Sapien's he'd met. Dare he think it, but he actually enjoyed working with the woman. She'd even brought out the best in him, something that was figured to be long buried with a knife solidly placed in the spine.

Zetsu's amethyst and cerulean gaze crept between the two of them when he asked that trouble Zets had mentioned. For the first time since they'd met, Zets didn't quite appreciate what the man had to say,” No, it's not like that...,” His gaze dropped and his eyes settled into the clear liquid that shivered in the glass between his hands,” Some Sapien's were killed... My mom was killed,” Though, he figured the words to hit him harder, the real sorrow that plagued his soul was that he wasn't so sure he was sorry that she died. He felt like it made him a bad person to not morn his mother. Either way, he didn't know how she died, or even why. Just that she, and Kalila, were killed in cold blood to get at Sapient. Ink dipped harks folded back as he threw the liqour back, attempting to drown his sadness, but effectively drowning himself. He choked, and the fire rose up his nose and ran down his chest, sitting in the back of his throat as the glass hit the counter and he stumbled off of his chair, gripping the counter as he gagged.

Fool.

Shaamah's eyes hadn't left the tender, however. The pitiful sight of his son overestimating himself when it came to drink didn't surprise him in the lease, though it was easy to tell that the child was clearly a disappointment to his father. So much so, it was far more simple to ignore the kid than it was to heckle him for his stupidity. He chose to keep the subject to this man's sister, Brandy,” It appears as if you don't much care for your sibling,” That alone was reason enough to believe that this tender, along with his shady disposition and Shaamah's general lack of trust in anything that breathed as far as the other side of the continent, moved the soldier to suspect the tender of some involvement.

Sapient
Sodalis
Dark

POSTED: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm

The older one spoke a name - Blackrust - and the way he spoke it made the corner of Biff's mouth curl upwards. Brandy probably annoyed this guy to death, given what a fucking buzzkill he seemed like. He probably rained all over Brandy's damn parade. And Biff knew for a fact that Brandy hated water.

The kid looked sad now, and spoke again; oh, his mom died? Welp.

"Shit, that su -" Before he could finish his sentence, however, the kid downed his entire drink at once. Well... he tried. What happened, actually, was he slid the entire thing into his maw and immediately started hacking and coughing, leaping from his chair and gripping the counter hard with his hand. A snort escaped Biff for a second as he tried to stifle his laughter. Eh, alright, alright, he didn't fucking try at all.

"HAHAHAHA!" Again the raucous, loud booming laughter. "Aw, kid, y'gotta take it slow. It's not like water, man." What an idiot. This was hilarious.

Still grinning, he switched his gaze to the other guy. Damn, this guy was tall. Now, Biff considered himself a big dude, a real manly kinda man, a real macho guy. I mean, he was at least tall as most wolves he'd seen around, and that was a damn feat in of itself. But this guy? He was a fucking tree. Treeman never took his eyes off Biff, delivering him a dry statement instead.

"Oh come on," he drawled, rolling his eyes and spreading an arm out wide. "She's my sister, I'm not supposed to be all fuckin' gushy and shit over her." Slung his arm over the bar counter again. "Practically raised the damn kid. She's alright. Now don't fucking tell her I told you that, though," he said in the same tone of voice as he said everything else: lax. Offhand. Blasé.

- words

Loners
Dog
Sunny
large and in charge
ain't shady baby i'm hot
like the prodigal son
HIT ME LIKE THAT SNARE

POSTED: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:54 pm

As the searing finally subsided, the ruddy young wolf gathered himself with a long series of sniffles and coughs, eventually wiping the remainder of the liquid that dripped from his sinuses on his arm and shaking himself free of what had doused his coat. Ink-dipped harks folded back and the corners of his mouth had a rather downward motion that clearly stank of embarrassment. Clearing his throat, he gathered himself back on the barstool and folded his hands neatly in front of him, not yet wanting to meet the eyes of the man who'd didn't seem to mind burying Zets' mistake deeper in his chest. He couldn't be mad at the dog, though. He'd been kind enough to agree with the poor news that he'd just dropped on the tender.

Without skipping a beat, however, Shaamah took over and the boy allowed it to him this time. No amount of back-talk or trust in the tender would pull him out of his shameful silence for now. He'd learned his lesson, clearly.

The soldier watched as the tender over-exaggerated his frustrations with the wording that had been made against he and his sibling. The tender wasn't witness to the joy that was family ties in Sapient, much less the rest of the world as the warrior had been subject to since before his first days and so it seemed that Shaamah's statement had little foothold when it came to the dog's relationship. Black and tan was easing away from the idea that he might not be as sour with Brandy as he'd made mention to before, but the Gray Wolf before him wasn't swayed so easily by meager words and lackadaisical gestures,“ I've always read of a dog to be loyal, yet I haven't had much witness to the trait,” Shaamah was never one for pardoning himself for potentially crossing lines. Usually, it was the guilty that seemed to overreact, so there may be some buttons that needed pressing to ensure the words spoken were true, even if not to be trusted,” What kind of choice is it that is made when parting ways from something you've so invested in?"

Instantly, Zestu's accusing gaze whipped over to the great soldier that stood unwavering at the bar. Bi-hued gaze of lavender and cerulean narrowed and brows furrowed. He tempted his lip to raise, but bade it back,” Good question,” His tone was airy, as he still suffered from nearly drowning himself with liquid fire on his pipes. He'd blame that to be the reason why his eyes were watery, despite. Shaamah hadn't even flinched at the peanut gallery that piped up on the sidelines. There were clearly some assumptions that the boy had made of Shaamah that were less than accurate, as well. Scoffing at the lack of reply, the young wolf turned his head away and downward. Who was Shaamah to even be asking questions about family, anyway? Did he even know how to have something like that, or was it just in the warrior's blood to kill anything that didn't agree with him?

Sapient
Sodalis
Dark

POSTED: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:35 pm

The kid took the backseat now, probably out of shame from his stupid display a few seconds earlier. The huge guy took over this time, eyes trained on Biff as he spoke. Man, this guy was the quintessential wolf, like seriously. Biff could barely figure out what he was trying to say in the first place with his superfluous speech, and as the large gray man spoke, he found himself snickering under his breath.

"Oh, man, you said people actually like you?" Biff asked, grin wide and toothy. "You're so fucking annoying! This is hilarious!" He straightened his posture and adopted a suddenly serious demeanor, placing his hand delicately on his chest.

"I do fuckin' say, I did hath read a wolf to be simple - but thine words do obfuscate the meaning of that which is said!" His mocking tone and atmosphere immediately dropped as he gave a simply uproarious laugh, slapping his leg and letting the barking laughter flood the small bar they sat in. Eventually he settled down, slinging his arm casually over the surface of the bar, placing his chin in his hand and giving the both of them a shit-eating grin.

"Hahaha, oh man. Christ. What a god damn riot. Am I right, kid?" He leaned to the side to clear his vision of this huge wolf moron, flashing a toothy grin and a wink to the younger wolf behind him.

- words

Loners
Dog
Sunny
large and in charge
ain't shady baby i'm hot
like the prodigal son
HIT ME LIKE THAT SNARE

POSTED: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:24 pm

The tenders question and grin were met with a rather deadpan expression on Shaamah's features," It's a curse," He murmured through tight lips the dog carried on. Shaamah's judgement bade him back from the counter's edge, shoulders rolling back as his arms crossed over his chest once more while the hound went on to insult, and furthermore mock him. Shaamah was a soldier, he was above the child's play of hurt feelings. This Tender, however, thought it might do the trick to make himself look more a fool than the man he unwittingly chose to mock.

Zetsu's eyes slipped over to the tender as he placed his hand on his chest and nearly choked on the laugh he stopped in his throat. A loud clearing of his throat chimed behind the Tender's words, and the corners of his lips shivered as he bit his tongue to stifle his laughter. He couldn't contain himself after he'd seen that wink and nearly lost his composure completely, if he had ever had it to begin with. Shaamah's eyes buried sharply into Zetsu, and the boy took the hint and corrected himself. He adjusted his rear on the seat, fiddled with his hands and sights slipped to the tender again, avoiding the threatening gaze. The soldier was growing increasingly displeased that the child was taking the side of a man that had no relation to his pack, that he'd given information to, and sought more to jest at the expense of a fellow Sapien than to recognize the reason they were there.

“Your laughter comes at your expense. I pray you honor your late bitch with vengeance; then you can defend your pack with action, rather than word. Word doesn't seem much your strong suit,” The knife of his words dug deep into the boy and the gold/blue cross of Shaamah's gaze narrowed unto him. This was not a game. There was no joking or playing around to be done on their part. These matters were serious offenses, and if the killer, or killers, or whatever was going on on the borders, just happened to pass by this part of Amherst, their scents were here, strong, and they were just as much a target at this point. After all, there didn't seem to be much of anything similar about those that were murdered. They were polar opposites. Kalila was a diligent Sapient with intelligence and vision, while Miwa was... well.. She was Miwa. A bad taste fell in his mouth with even the thought of her.

Zetsu's brows furrowed and he dipped his maw, arching his neck back. His father knew exactly what he was doing with the words he'd spoken, and they put the boy into a more foul mood. He was about ready to open his mouth to his father, when the soldier turned away and Zets found his words caught in his throat.

The soldiers hard, irritated gaze reached back to the tender, who'd either been so tickled that Shaamah was the most hilarious thing he'd ever seen, or had diffused the question he'd been asked for the purpose of side-tracking the information. Shaamah didn't find the man to be intelligent enough to assume the latter, but there wasn't room for assumptions while they looked for answers for the murders,” While I am thrilled at the sight of your flawless dentition, I'd implore you to give me more confidence to not to find Brandy more guilty of a cross cur in Amherst during this time,” The warrior's hands dropped from his arms to be carried at his sides, his voice just as calm as when he'd come, but it was getting to the point that this tender didn't seem to understand the pressure that could be put on Brady due to the recent discovery of their relation.

Of course, not that Shaamah had the right or the reason and was more by the rules than he was not, but this information needed to reach a higher title than he was limited to. She could speak just as well on this man's behalf, but the actions of this foolish dog weren't doing her any favors. Not only was this bar close to Sapient, but it could just as easily harbor their enemies as their friends. This would be a perfect place to scoop up some Sapiens and drop them off at the border with the right amount of weapon or muscle. For all Shaamah was willing to trust, the drinks here could be poisoned for anyone who smelled of the pack. A quick eye moved to Zetsu and back to the tender. If only they were.

Sapient
Sodalis
Dark

Sticks and Stones