Master to no one

Arlen

POSTED: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:54 pm

WC: 343 OOC: So basically he's sitting in front of a store, sewing

Tyris sat just outside an old shop. The day was new, but the scene was not. He found himself holing up in one abandoned place to another. He left Krokar, his reasons were stupid. Trading was a fickle thing, and learning that tradesmen... and women were fickle as well. He'd left for a woman who he met when he went on a trade mission for the pack that took him in with few questions. The leather worker regretted every moment of it. She had been manipulative when he set out with her and he was blind to it, and yet she refused his love. He was certain he was the only five year old wolf who was a virgin. He didn't ponder that often, though it was upsetting when he did think about it. What was so wrong with him that he could not find a good woman to settle with?

He pulled his mind back to his work. He was sewing a pair of boots for a loner he'd met not long ago. They were custom made and he was quite proud of them. They were a mix of deer and cow, though he procured the hides with trade rather than hunt. He loved to hunt, but he couldn't imagine all the time he would have to spend curing and taking care of the hide he procured. He knew how to pick good leather though. His hands moved back and forth, with great precision, fixing the sole of the boot to the foot covering. He was nodding, happy he was doing well. He would finish with a thicker piece of leather under the sole, so that it would last longer, but it would have to be glued and the glue he had would need to be warmed up before applying it to the boot. That would be done tomorrow. He didn't have the energy to sit up and make sure everything got done. He would see if he could scavenge after he was done with the boots.

Shawchert
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:22 am

Amherst had proven itself to be a gold mine of wealth an people. Everywhere he turned, there were buildings to scavenge and people to trade with. What he couldn't find in old human ruins, he could trade for just as easily. It was an interesting and wonderful phenomena that he had seen on a different scale in Halifax.

Halifax didn't have less to offer, per se, but its people were different and the wares it offered unfamiliar to him. Why, just the other day, he'd met a man who sold him a dagger hilt to just stroke Arlene's fur. That dagger hilt was then traded to a weaponsmith for set of tools Arlen couldn't use. The fabric peddler, however, saw far more value in the tools than Arlen ever could, and gave him a bolt of thick purple fabric. The shade was different from the cloak he wore on his shoulders, but the Stryder was certain that it would be put to good use somewhere in Casa.

Another time, he managed to trade three rabbits for an armful of books in various states of disrepair. Though Arlen wasn't particularly fond of reading, he knew that someone at home would enjoy them. Just as he knew someone would enjoy the gilded dagger in his hand now, though perhaps he would trade it for something a little more useful to Arlen himself. After all, he'd gotten the pack some things. Didn't he deserve a treat or two as well?

After asking around the shops, Arlen headed down a lonely alley where there were fewer people and saw a pale wolf sewing in front of a storeshop, just as they had said. Arlen stood up a little straighter, patted down his already wrinkle free clothes, and strode forward confidently with one hand tangled in his cow's fur. "Hello? Are you the leather worker I've been told good stories about?"

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Kris
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:37 pm

WC: 403 OOC: HAI!! <3

Tyris could see the young boy heading toward him he was a light colored brown, almost red. He raised an eyebrow at the boy. He was certainly a few years younger than Tyris. He was still not all fully grown either. Tyris waited for the other to speak. He stood up straight too. He was not afraid of Tyris either. It seemed he could tell why. Though the older man was a loner, he still dealt in trades. His wares were pretty good, at least that's how Tyris thought. Yet when the young man came up to him asking if he was the leatherworker he's heard good stories about Tyris straightened up. "You have come to the right place." Tyris said.

He set down his work, very carefully because he did not want to lose his place and stood. He was only a little shorter than the newcomer, but Tyris was used to being either taller or shorter. He tended to sit in the middle ground with his height. "My name is Tyris. Tyris Kurosoul. Wandering leather worker at your service." He held out his hand to shake. He knew it was not a traditional thing for most but he remembered it as a pup. His father did it and so did his grandfather. He liked that it gave a sense of trust. Yet he wouldn't blame the other man if he were suspicious; "How can I help you? I've got plenty of wares. They are in the shop, though I must admit, not all in any order really." He said. Usually it was first come first find really. He was neat with his leather working; "Or is it a custom job you came for?" He asked. He always loved and dreaded the custom jobs, especially if they either loved or hated what he came up with. He was usually spot on to the requests, though he was not perfect and there were a few that were very upset with his work. It was hard to bargain with them after that and either they ended up leaving him with the stuff he made for them, or taking it anyway and leaving him with less than they offered originally, in which case he wished he was good at assassinating. He knew trouble would find him if he caused it though so he let it go and picked his fights cautiously.

Shawchert
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:33 pm

The leather worker confirmed Arlen's suspicions before standing to offer his name and a hand. Smiling broadly, the limping Cavalier extended his own dark red hand to grip Tyris's tightly. "Great to meet you, Tyris. I'm Arlen. I'm from Casa di Cavalieri, if you've heard of it." Giving out his pack name seemed to produce a variety of results. Some vendors turned up their nose at hearing of the prince's origins, some gave him discounted prices, whereas others simply stared at him as if they hadn't the slightest idea why he was telling them this. Regardless of the reactions, Arlen was proud of his homeland and proud to share it with anyone he came across if the dark purple cloak on his back didn't already give it away.

"I would love to take a look at your wares, though I do have a particular order in mind." After all, he couldn't be certain just what he'd find in there. Maybe a true treasure would be waiting in that shop for him to pick up and he would never know if he didn't look. "The order I was thinking of is sorta like a mix between gloves and gauntlets..." He gestured on his arms, "that go all the way up to here," and again to his fingers "but the fingers on the glove part end here."

Arlen's eyes scanned the leatherworker's face for an estimate of how his request had been taken. In an effort to compromise, Arlen offered this: "I'm not too picky about materials or design, I just want some kind of covering." Hopefully, the leeway he'd given would help smooth any opposition Tyris had to the order. "And if I don't have anything right now that you'd want to trade for, I can always try to get something better."

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Kris
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:12 pm

WC: 470 OOC: so it's straight up plain sketch of a gaunlet glove, feel free to have Arlen state anything for changes or anything like that :)

Tyris noticed the limp and concern crossed his face until the younger shook his hand. Tyris nodded; "I'm familiar with all the packs here. My grandfather was from Cour des Miracles, I've been down that way a few times before." Tyris said. He'd met his grandfather a few times before he disappeared. Tyris worried about Niro, but the older man was able to take care of himself, even with his own permanent limp from an attack he had way before Tyris was even thought of. "I was born to Vinatta, which has since been disbanded." He fingered his Frithr necklace, the only thing he had linking him to his first pack.

Tyris perked up at the idea of a custom order. He loved those. He nodded listening. His minds eye trying to see what the boy wanted. "I should be able to, but first let me get out my sketch pad. Come, you can take a look at what I have inside." Tyris said, motioning the younth to follow him into the shop he used to store his leather gear. Most of his gear was in piles. Nothing was on display. he had no taste for it because it would just take him too long and he was way too busy. There were different things, belts, gloves, boots, different utensils, all of various shapes and sizes. On the other side of the room he had his traps displayed as well, though they were far neater than the leather gear. He was getting ready for a big hunt and he didn't want his traps to get tangle or messed up. He was good at making them, sometimes even sold a few for something he might want or need.

"We can discuss payment after we have a final drawing of what you want. It all depends on the leather, type and how hard the work will be." He said. He went to a desk where he had some paper and began sketching what he thought was what Arlen wanted. It took him a few minutes to get the sketch to look like what he was sure Arlen wanted. "How's this? Should I make changes?" He asked, waving the youth over to him to see what he sketched out. Tyris had to be pretty good at his sketches as they were a form he used to make sure everything he did was to the satisfaction of the buyer. That way when he finished his work they would be more pleased than anything. His knack for drawing helped him to get things correct. This was a preliminary sketch, and he'd have a more detailed one when they hashed out the ideas of what Arlen really wanted on the gaunlets and how it would be addressed on his arms.

Shawchert
Luperci

Dead Topics