[M] Begin this timeless song

Sammiie

POSTED: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:18 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC Dated 20th January. Vaguely set in Colchester Quarter. Hope this is okay; let me know if anything needs changing!

Bastien was fairly certain that he was lost, or that the information the trader had given him was false - but then again, how did he know? Frigid hands nestled beneath the warmth of his scarf as he thumbed the beads at his neck. With his other hand, he pulled the layers tighter about his mouth and narrowed his eyes against the falling snow. The weather had turned against him, as the icy fingertips of the wind caressed his face and teased loose strands of hair into his eyes. The hound stopped to survey his surroundings, a futile effort as the land was shapeless and snow-clad.

Gotta keep moving, Bastien urged himself onward as he continued to trudge through the blanket that covered the earth steadily. His had been forced to shorten his strides as fatigue and cold grasped his body, and now seemed to be making little in the way of progress. Stout evergreens clustered ahead, their boughs laden with powder that cascaded down as he approached them.

The absence of sound and movement, brought upon by the storm, provided an eerie backdrop for his thoughts. The male had yet to entertain the idea of his expedition going awry, but at times like this he wondered about turning a back. To return home empty handed, without so much as another word spoken to his ex-lover felt like a huge waste. An ache of doubt blossomed in his chest, as dark thoughts tried to sway him.

The sun had left the world behind perhaps an hour ago, and under the cover of night the world seemed stranger. The wind bit and clawed at any exposed flesh, whilst above Bastien’s head the stars watched on from the cruel heavens.

Bastien crested a hill and used both arms to anchor himself to the base of a tree as he caught his breath. He sighed as the shape of a building greeted his vision, and whilst it had seen better days, he was not one to quibble over minor details at a time like this. So what if some of the walls had crumbled and it was likely decaying? Shelter was shelter, and anything had to be better than freezing his bobtail out here.

The brindle paused at the entrance, and leaned forward to peer into the gloom that waited beyond. The wind shifted, and brought with a strange smell that he could not place; the intensity of the stench alone caused Bastien’s muzzle to wrinkle and lift. He chose to push his misgivings aside as he lingered. Please don’t let it be bears this time. Or if its got to be bears, friendly ones. Please?

“H-hello? Is anybody there?”

[+400]
Avatar gifted by Jmonster, art by Nandolicious! ♥

Sebastien Stone

Art Credit: Jacoby!
Salsola
The Confidant
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:49 am

While the wind blew outside like an angry lover pounding on the door, Dystopia made use of the lantern on the rotted wooden floor inside. The lantern, while it wouldn’t stay lit outside of the rickety cabin, provided little warmth, but it saved her from the darkness’ reaching tendrils. Father had gone out to hunt… likely looking for something a little more of his taste, but Dystopia wasn’t picky when she was starving. It had not been a good night to go out hunting. When they left, the skies were clear, but when they reached the Quarter, the clouds covered up the sun then and rained down fluffy, yet icy little crystals down upon them. They should have known then that they’d have a hard time in their endeavors.

And to make matters worse, they didn’t bring any supplies with them save for the clothes on their backs (Izual wore a cloak for once) and the weapons in their hands. Perching on her legs like a frog, Dystopia gripped her icy toes with what little warmth her hands would provide. Decidedly, Dystopia realized she hated the winter.

The shelter in which she stayed in was not the cleanliest of shelters. In fact, where would one find a building clean enough for their liking? There was a weird smell that clung to the air. Dystopia didn’t like it. She’d rather blood or death. Anything but this lingering sour smell, but it was there. And it lingered and it was weird. She couldn’t place its source, but it was likely something to do with decay. Perhaps rot. Perhaps the type of rot that she was not used to.

Dystopia looked up when a voice called out to her beyond the weak door that shielded her from the blowing winds. Narrowing her eyes, she listened for her father’s voice, but the man on the other side surely wasn’t Izual. Her father would have likely burst in without a word, dragging in a corpse in his wake.

The voice that called in was much more polite. Dystopia popped up from her crouch, carefully opening the door to allow the man through and to also stand somewhere that wasn’t in the direct beam of the wind. ”Yes, but you’re welcome to stay with me.”

Word Count → 379 :: whoop! :)

New Caledonia
Commoner
Sammiie
Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:17 pm

The snow grew heavier, as it formed a mantle upon the male’s shoulders. Bastien stamped his feet to set his blood flowing again whilst he waited. It was true that the cold could bite with as much force as any canine possessed; he shivered at the gruesome tales he had heard of frigid nights that left sleepers with numb or missing limbs in the cold light of morning.

A rush of vapour left his maw, a sigh of relief for the sounds of movement that came from the other side of the door. The wind curved around the frame and he whimpered as it dug icy claws into exposed flesh. He mentally reminded himself to give his clothing a thorough inspection for signs of wear and tear once he was able. Bastien had thought he had made all the necessary arrangements and attired his whole body from head to foot in layers of hide, leather and cloth. Freckled hands rose to adjust his beanie so that it bunched up and covered his ears.

Narrowed eyes followed a figure as it drew back from the opening, as his muzzle twitched. The stranger was young and female, and seemingly dressed in dark colours but there was little else his senses could discern about her. She answered and invited him inside. Her form materialised slowly from the gloom, highlighted by warm lighting from within. “Hi there. T-thanks.” Bastien smiled lightly, and paused as a dominant male scent hit his nares. “Err, m-maybe I should wait out here until your p-parents come home.”

It wasn’t often that he heeded caution, but the odd smells that lingered gave him pause. The part of him that was fed up of braving the elements longed for shelter. Seemingly at any cost. Welllll, it would be rude to turn down an invitation, right? “On second thoughts… I’ll t-take up your offer. It’s better that we’re both inside and warm than waiting and getting colder.”

Bastien crossed the threshold and watched as the hybrid closed the door behind them. Rose quartz orbs took in the sparse room and settled upon his host’s carmine ones. “M-my name is Bastien. What’s yours?” His stomach growled, and seemed to echo through the room. The male placed a hand upon his stomach and excused himself sheepishly. The hound shrugged his backpack from his shoulders, knelt and fished within it. When he rose he had something wrapped in both hands. He broke off a piece of pemmican and popped it into his mouth, and offered some to the girl. “I have food if y-you’re hungry.”

[+400]

Sebastien Stone

Salsola
The Confidant
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:41 am

The man hesitated – as he should have, smelling her father’s scent that lingered unwantedly in the small cabin. What warmth that had accumulated in the shack had now rushed through the door and the girl’s toes reminded her just how cold it was in there. She wiggled them as she stood there, trying to get them to stop aching and start feeling again. ”Oh, come on. You’re going to freeze out there!” She failed to mention her “parents”, but didn’t doubt he smelled Izual in the shack, too.

Things were bound to get interesting upon his return, though Dystopia.

The man crossed into the cabin and Dystopia closed the door, pushing against the persistent wind as it threatened to throw the door right back open again. Finally, she was able to latch it, closing that much of it out for now. When she turned back to the lantern, she found the stranger standing by her lantern. He asked of her name, and Dystopia answered with the first thing that came to her mind, ”Hope. My name is Hope. Fitting, isn’t it?”

Then she moved to her place back by the lantern. Placing her toes as close to the burning flame as she could. Again, it provided little warmth, but it was worth a shot. At least until father would return and perhaps they’d be on the move again.

”I’ll have some. Thanks,” Dystopia said, taking a piece of it from him and hungrily biting off a piece. It was better than waiting for Izual to come back all night. Hopefully her father wouldn’t get stuck out in the storm and freeze to death. She didn’t know if she knew her way home from here.

Ugh, my toes are so cold!” Dystopia whined, stretching out a leg towards him with her ice cold toes spread. ”Would you rub some warmth back into them for me?” She flashed a grin at him.

Word Count → 320 :: ooc text here

New Caledonia
Commoner
Sammiie

POSTED: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:37 pm

The girl urged him indoors, with a reminder of the bittern weather on her lips. Bastien sighed with relief when the door became a barricade from the howling winds. It was good to be away for the Sisyphean task of trudging through the wilds, even if only for a little while.

He chewed on his rations, and shivered against the damp that absorbed his clothes and edged them in icy highlights. He drew near to the sole light source in the room, a lantern, and raised a free palm outward to warm by its heat. Bastien would leave enough room to allow the female to join him - this was her shelter, after all.

She introduced herself as Hope, and joked about the irony of it. He wasn’t sure what to make of that, as his eyes followed her as she drew up the lantern. “W-what makes you say that?” he queried simply, as he helped himself to another bite of fatty goodness. He placed the food on a tabletop and rubbed his hands together briskly. The temperature within wasn’t altogether better than the storm he had just left, and Hope appeared to be in a similar situation. Her paws were positioned as close to the flames as she could manage which prompted his curiosity once again, “How long have you been out here for?”

Surely Hope was much too young to be left alone. Bastien’s brows curved downward as he glanced towards the girl; she seized upon the pemmican and guzzled it down in short order. She was polite, which implied that her parents or caretakers had taught her social skills, and yet they had left Hope for the gods’-knew-how-long. A suggestion edged its way from the corner of his mind, that wondered if she had been left for a reason. But why?

Bastien’s ears perked forward as Hope whined, and complained that her feet were cold. His pastel pinks met her ruby orbs as she extended a leg toward him. Hope made a request that the male was sure he’d misheard. “W-what?” Her face was drawn in a mischievous grin, and she were splayed and waggled before him. The hound’s ears tucked back against his slender skin as he licked his muzzle. “B-but my h-hands are like icicles, Hope. I-I'd only make you c-colder.” He held them out to her, pale palms exposed.

[+400]

Sebastien Stone

Salsola
The Confidant
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:14 pm

”Aww, you’re no fun,” she teased, remembering a time when her mother had tried to get her father to do something for her. It was this cutesy behavior that had ultimately won him over in the end. Unfortunately, it had not worked for Dystopia. She pulled her leg back and tucked her feet underneath her, Indian-style. Perhaps the warmth from her legs would help put some heat back into her toes. She returned her blood red gaze back upon him. ”Like I hope this storm stops soon; I hope I get home before I freeze to death; I hope I don’t get frostbite in my toes. You know, hope. Don’t you have hope?”

Dystopia watched his face carefully, looking for the emotions to dance behind his eyes. His guard was up, she could tell in his movements, his hesitations. It was important to be able to read the body language of your prey – even if you didn’t want to eat them outright. ”Too long… My father left some time ago. I’ve been waiting for him here… but it seems the longer I wait, the colder I get. If he doesn’t come back soon, I might have to go with you. Where were you going?”

Dystopia didn’t care much for her father’s well-being. She wasn’t raised with love and compassion. She was raised on survival and trickery. There was a food chain and she needed to be at the top of it. Her father was up there. Everything was his prey. Everything would be her prey in time, including the traveler called Bastien. For now, however, Dystopia was enjoying herself as she pretended to think and act like a normal Luperci. Perhaps if Maelyx was in this situation, she’d welcome the traveler into her cabin and offer to warm his bones using a bit of her magic or by offering him some hot tea.

Dystopia, unfortunately, had none of that. She only had a smile and whatever conversation she could dream up to distract Bastien from the cold.

Word Count → 337 :: ooc text here

New Caledonia
Commoner
Sammiie

POSTED: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:22 pm

(466) ooc text here

The storm had come up so suddenly that Izual barely had time to prepare. It started with a few flurries, but soon, those few flurries turned into quite a bit of wind, ice, and pelting flakes. They eventually came upon a cabin, which Dystopia promptly took her leave into, leaving Izual to hunt on his own. He did prefer it that way anyway, so he did not complain. The girl shut herself into that small house, and Izual travelled deeper into the abandoned town, taking in the skeletal remains of many wooden structures that once stood proud and tall.

A place with so many things left behind, one would think that it’d be teeming with all sorts of life – animals, birds, Luperci… but as the storm raged on and Izual searched, he found nothing of the sort. This frustrated him to no end because it was the perfect conditions for it. Trudging through the snow, Izual grabbed a bit of stiff, frozen rope hung on an old fence. It wasn’t clear who hung it there or for what, but Izual would find something to do with it. Maybe he’d tie the windows closed in that cabin so he could sleep the night away before he and his daughter made their trek back to Anathema… or perhaps he’d find something to eat that he’d be able to wrangle in with the rope…

But when it became certain that he would not find anything to wrangle out in the abandoned town, Izual headed back to the cabin, most likely to sit and sulk with an empty stomach. Rope clutched in his cold hand, it took him some thirty minutes to get back, but man was that cabin a sight for sore eyes, though!

Without a second thought, the Massacre man attempted to plow right through the surprisingly still functioning front door, but was greeted with a road block. It was locked. He growled in frustration, but it was soon unlocked from the other side and as he threw the door back and walked into the room, trailing bits of snow and ice in with him, he was immediately greeted with a temperature change and two sets of eyes. The red hues of his daughter were familiar, but the pink hues of the stranger were not. Dystopia closed the door promptly behind him. ”Father, this is a lone traveler, Bastien.”

Food.

”My, my, Dystopia. You failed to mention we were having company… but thanks for bringing me a meal!” Izual spoke, a confused expression likely settled on the stranger’s face. Izual wasted no time in moving for the stranger with his rope, intending to use his brute strength to overpower and tie him up so that he can kill him easier.

”No!” shouted Dystopia, but Izual barely heard her.

I looked through your frame
Izual Massacre
and watched death go by
Loners
DEAD
Sammiie
Luperci
LET OUT THE BEAST

POSTED: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:42 pm

OOC: Let me know if anything needs changing!

There was something about the sing-song tone of Hope’s teasing that set Bastien’s fur on edge. His ears tucked against his angular head as he watched her gather her feet beneath her into a cross-legged position. Her playful voice played over his mind as he tried to understand what had unnerved him. Was it because she was a child on the cusp of womanhood or that she imitated the flirtatious behaviour of an adult? He had little time to consider it further, as twin rubies held his gaze captive.

The hound lowered himself to the ground as she explained the reasons for her name. Bastien drew his knees toward his chest and hugged them tightly to distract himself from the cold and the feelings of unease that bubbled in his gut. He couldn’t tell if the girl was laughing at him or not as she used her namesake so casually. All the while, he could feel Hope’s eyes upon him, a flash of intensity in their depths. Her question dangled in the air above them unanswered for a heartbeat. “S-sure I do, Hope. Don’t you?”

His voice could not betray the chattering of his jaws or the awkwardness tinged with dread he felt. “Err, what you just said… It didn’t make much s-sense to me.” Bastien curled and uncurled chilled fingers in a vain attempt to bring blood flow back. Baby pink eyes lifted to meet hers briefly, to notice the serene smile across her face before they met the floor. Why did his heart quicken at Hope’s expression? And why did he long to escape being alone in this cabin with her?

Hope revealed that she was with her father, presumably he was out there braving the elements to provide for them both. The earth-pelted girl did not specify how long he had been absent, and even suggested that if he didn’t return soon she could join Bastien. She inquired casually as to where he was going, and before he could weigh up his options his mouth had moved of its own. “I’m s-sure your dad will be back soon. You can hear the storm out there - he’s probably sheltering somewhere and can’t leave yet.” He smiled weakly and cleared his throat, suddenly aware of his claws digging into the exposed flesh of his knees. “I was just looking around. I’d n-not been here before. I got a bit side-tracked, you see, as I’m meant to be looking for my friend.”

The cabin creaked in the wintry night, as frost-touched winds crept through the many cracks in the structure’s frame. This, along with the fizzle of the flame were the only sounds that occupied the silence between the two canines. Bastien blinked heavy eyes at the flickering light, as his sight slowly became filled with the glow of the flames in the utter darkness of the surroundings. It gave off meagre heat as he pushed his hands closer to it, his gaze flickered between the heat source and Hope’s seated figure.

Moments passed as Bastien rubbed at his eyelids to rid him of fatigue - the trek and the storm’s arrival had worn him out, and despite his misgivings about the other canine, it was tempting to lie down and sleep. His head bobbed against his chest and became distantly aware of the blissful heaviness of his limbs. Sleep would be his escape from the biting winds and strange company. Everything would look better in the morning.

The male jolted awake with a start at sounds from the other side of the door - agitated growls and a strange male scent, tinged with an odour that had Bastien sober. Hope padded towards the door as Bastien tried to awaken his stiff muscles - he needed to get up. A man shoved his way through the threshold, his features momentarily lost to the thick flurries of snow. His eyes were the colour of smouldering embers as he glanced between his daughter and the hound. His eyes imprisoned Bastien with the weight of something unspoken; he did not spare a glance at Hope closed out the storm. Nor when she introduced the dog as a lone traveller.

Bastien rose to his feet gingerly as the tan-and-copper hybrid spoke, a flicker of horror and confusion etching his features at the implication. A tumble of thoughts cascaded through his mind as he tried to process what was going on, and the male loomed closer. “What the fuck?!” Hope had disappeared into the periphery of his attentions, as the will to survive took hold. Adrenaline raced through his bloodstream as he backtracked, determined to put some distance between himself and the lunatic. His claws scraped on rotted, uneven flooring as he leaped back and stumbled over something that clattered noisily. He swore under his breath as his head collided with something that hung from the wall, and he screwed his eyes shut to block out the pain that bloomed at his temple.

Bastien groaned as he crumpled to the floor, and rolled on his side. Both arms were lifted tightly to contain the searing agony that occupied his skull; his scream competed with Hope’s pleading cries. Nothing seemed to placate the monster that tore his arms together and bound them in a knot. He couldn’t open his eyes, for he wanted the dark to swallow him in its comforting embrace. Rather than the beast’s triumphant expression as he continued in his handiwork of binding the hound in place.

Bile rose, hot and unwanted at the back of his throat as he heaved. Bastien whimpered against the terror of not being able to control his body, and blinked the futile tears away. Several heaving coughs later, and he couldn’t hold it back any longer. Vomit emitted from his jaws in retching gasps as he struggled to move away from it. Once his stomach was empty, he could feel his mind spin as dizziness took over, and finally succumb to unconsciousness.

WC: +1000

Sebastien Stone

Salsola
The Confidant
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:01 pm

Killing a being so much like herself was never a pretty experience. Dystopia had gone with her parents to hunt only a couple times, and each time, she did not remember a Luperci vomiting all over himself upon being tied up. Bastien had thrown up everywhere as Izual tied him up. Eventually the two of them even fell in it as Izual tried to wrestle the man to his feet. It soon became obvious that either the light fixture or her father had one as Dystopia looked on in both horror and awe.

They eventually dragged him out into the snow, slumped over Izual’s shoulder like a large pack. Left over vomit pooled in the traveler’s mouth and seeped down the fur of Izual’s back, chunking in places closest to his buttocks. Dystopia trailed behind the men, stealing glimpses at Bastien’s still face. Izual had not heard her when she pleaded for the man’s life. He had not heard don’t kill my friend; but he had heard when she asked if she could have Bastien as her first victim. Izual’s tune changed then, and he obliged. He promised he wouldn’t kill or eat him until Dystopia was ready.

She’d fatten up the lone traveler and prepare him for a Luperci stew, like the witch in Hanzel and Gretel, and then she’d kill him herself. What her father did with his body mattered little to her; she just wanted his head.

Word Count → 000 :: end!

New Caledonia
Commoner
Sammiie

Dead Topics