Re: Nightlong in the granite yard

POSTED: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:03 pm

[307]

Khael twitched her ear at the man's laughter and uttered a soft, dry chuckle of her own. <I like the sound of your mother.>

Her own left something to be desired. Sepirah was viewed as little more than a womb for the children of Machidael and Mirutes, who made Khael and her siblings together, but when it came time for her lessons Khael was often pushed toward the other black jackal to learn such lowly duties. Khael could sense a darker sort of strength in Sepirah, and feared her snakes, but in the end nothing came of this. Her feelings regarding her mother were complicated, but Sepirah's opinions had never mattered as much as Machidael and Mirutes' in her development.

But to know that there were women, jackal-women (if indeed that was the parent that contributed Lelisa's jackal features), who would stitch wounds before they stitched a dress, it pleased Khael in a sense.

<It died some time ago,> Khael said, nodding. <If you seek trade, there is a city called Portland some days' journey west of Freetown's ruins.>

She tilted her head when the man offered a pragmatic reason for lingering; this she understood, but to care for others was something she understood less. It was a motive many shared, and to an extent she could agree -- in a pack setting, yes, one must care for their comrades to build the strength of the pack, and therefore their own health. But as a loner, it made no sense.

<A healer needs only skill,> Khael said dispassionately. <And care whether they are paid for their services or not.>

She lowered her eyes to where the cat lingered in the snow -- blending into an environment he should not have. Then she looked up at the man again.

<My name is Khael,> she said.
but between my soft hands they die.
Salsola
The Warden
Raze
Luperci Mate to Katinka
in her eyes were embers

POSTED: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:49 pm

He couldn't say for certain if his mother would have liked Khael or not as he didn't know too much about her. "'Am kan qad aqdr lak kawnuha jakkal." Which was the most he could say about the situation. "Wadaea al'abi nafsih ealam jadid." Or so his mother had told him that was the line that had been used to woo her. She figured a mix of new and a mix of old would make for good offspring.

There was that name again. "Ailtaqaa shakhs yabhath ean burtland." Whether or not the wolfdog had got there, he had no idea. Granted Lelisa still knew nothing at all about the place. But now he had a direction in which to go. "Altijarat kan sayakun 'ashal walakuna mulihatan dhahabat alan wa'ana ymkn 'an tajid alnabatat min tilqa' nafsiha. eindama yataghayar altuqs, bitabieat alhali." And he had nobody to try any remedies on either. It would do him no good to get plants that he wasn't even certain would work. And that was even if any had any healing herbs at this time of year.

"Wamadha satadfae mqabl khadamatiin?" Not that the woman was showing any symptoms of actually needing his services. But he was an apothecary first and foremost, healer was a secondary position that he had filled in as as there was no one else to do it.

"Hataa aimra'at jamilat ladayha aism." Not that he had rushed to give his own either. "Sisay." He introduced the serval first since the woman seemed to have an interest in the feline. "Lelisa." He gave his own name secondary.

"Ma aldhy yukhrijuk hna? faqat ealaa 'amal 'an tajid shayyanaan lesa?" He motioned towards the spear that the woman carried but his gaze was on the feline whom was trying to dig out a spot in the snow to hunker down.

307 Words

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:10 pm

[250]

Khael lifted her chin a little. <It is a good reason to like someone,> she said; indeed, she might not have stopped to talk with this fellow for so long if his bloodline did not interest her. At his description of a "New World jackal," she twitched whiskers in amusement and supplied, "Coyote."

She shrugged as the man mentioned finding plants. It would probably be simpler for him to trade for preserved herbs he was familiar with; here everything would certainly be different, and he would need to experiment. Or perhaps he would strike up a friendship with another healer; none of this really concerned Khael, unless he sought to trade with her.

He mentioned payment for services, though, and she uttered a faint scoff. <I would pay you nothing,> she said, her eyes gleaming dangerously. Rarely was she so forthright in her speech; it amused her, the decision not to coat her words with silver as many in Salsola did. He could draw what conclusions he wanted from that.

Called beautiful, Khael narrowed her eyes and looked at him with cold interest again, somewhat pleased that he introduced his cat as well. At his comment about the spear, she let her lips curl into a grin.

<Yes,> she replied. <I do not get much opportunity to stick things.> She tilted her head, considering him in the corner of her eye even while she, too, watched the cat scrape at the snow. <Are you not afraid it might be you?>
Salsola
The Warden
Raze
Luperci Mate to Katinka
in her eyes were embers

POSTED: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Lelisa grinned at the woman's response. "Hu 'ana kl ma tahtajuh mithl shakhs ma?" Even though he was a mix of think he looked mainly like a jackal, even though the semi-curliness of his fur hinted at their being some dog mixed in there as well. But having lived in a community of mainly jackals he had to say there was a certain appeal to them, but he was in no way a speciest. He couldn't afford to be with everything that he was mixed up with.

"Thuma sawf tahsul ealaa 'ayi shay'in." He stated the words simply. "Ela alrghm mn 'ana laday shay' min shaniha 'an tadfiat lakum min alddakhil 'iilaa alkharija." Which was nothing more than alcohol. The sailors used it on those long, cold nights spent out on the open water. It didn't help you to keep your wits about you but the drink did warm you up.

Lelisa shrugged and laughed at the answer that he received. "La 'astatie 'an 'aqul 'anni. 'Ana mithl jayid badis miraraan watakraraan."

ooc here

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 pm

<It’s all I need to be interested,> Khael replied, forthright. <It’s up to you to surpass expectations or disappoint me terribly.>

It was true enough. Jackals were superior in their intellect, the builders of great religions and in some cases gods made flesh. They lived in some of the most advanced civilizations in the known world, places that would scoff at a backwater territory like Nova Scotia. That was all the proof she needed.

When a jackal spoke, she took heed. She watched. She listened.

She did not explain what happened to those who disappointed her.

Lelisa responded to her threat, and Khael smiled. <If I kill you in the night, what stops me from taking your things?> she wondered aloud, then pricked her ears in interest at mention of something warm. She did not ask what it was or if she could have it, not so soon after implying she would use murder and thievery to get what she wanted. If he elaborated, perhaps then she might want to trade with him.

The man laughed and spoke more of poking, and Khael smirked and let her eyes roam him. His curly fur interested her; the doggish features seemed more attractive to her now than they had been in the past. She liked his light-colored hair, too.

<You don’t mind a bit of blood then?> Khael flashed sharp teeth in a grin. <Some hurt? A brave man if so.>

She used the same euphemism as him, despite the violent mention. One couldn’t say she wasn’t occasionally honest.
Salsola
The Warden
Raze
Luperci Mate to Katinka
in her eyes were embers

POSTED: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:49 pm

He grinned at her honesty. "Wakayf aledyd min alrrafieat hal tajid huna? Ybdw baladi khilaf 'afdal min ghyrha alkathira." There might be some New World jackals, coyotes, about but there likely wouldn't be too many true jackals about. How many of them were stupid enough to leave the sand for the snow? Not that Lelisa had been pre-warned about the snow.

"Ma aldhy yajealuk taetaqid 'an 'ashya'ia tastahiqu 'akhadhaha?" The only thing of value he would admit to having was Sisay, and the feline had a mind of his own so he wouldn't really be up for the taking. Mostly his possessions consisted of herbs and poultices. He had no weapons save for a small knife that he used for chopping plants. He couldn't see these things as something someone would wish to take unless they needed them immediately.

"'Ant last maridana, kunt tueani faqat min albardi, wa'ashya'i ln takun dhat fayidat balnsbt lika." He did have one thing that she might like, well two if Sisay was considered. He pulled a bottle of alcohol from his bag and wagged it in front of her teasingly. "Bed 'anak ln taetini 'aya shay' ealaa al'iitlaq lihdha?"

He raised a brow as she mentioned some blood and hurting. "Hal hdha lays ma yahduth fi kl mr?" He asked in a tone of mock shock, as if there was any other way to even do the thing.

ooc here

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:43 pm

<You’d be surprised,> Khael replied. <I do not find them frequently, no, but this corner of the world has enough. Hybrids, most of them, like us.> She gestured to his curly red fur and to her own strange darkness, though the shadow she’d inherited from her mother must have come from something other than their strongest bloodlines.

He mentioned the questionable value of his belongings, and she hummed. <Maybe you wouldn’t put so much of a fight parting from them then,> she said, and grinned to show at this point she was merely teasing, playing word-games without fear of retaliation. Many of her “threatening” words were laughably so, like a child playing at being “bad.”

When she truly meant to kill she did not talk so much.

<I don’t know what you have, true.> She lowered her lashes, and he did produce a bottle after pointing out she was not unhealthy. Her ears pricked; alcohol had some value, even if it was easy for others to drink away. She tilted her head thoughtfully, knowing that she had nothing to offer on hand.

He teased back, and Khael at last let her tail wave behind her. It was a wag that carried it to a dominant angle behind her back, lifting her thobe ever so slightly so that it rode more up her dark hips.

Khael licked her lips. <I could give you something if you give me something,> she said, and came closer, letting her iklwa rest against the building. She would not do her hurting with this.

Instead she reached out to touch his cheek, to run her fingers through the thick curly fur there, and put the other hand on his chest. She unsheathed her claws there, traced a line through his fur just enough for him to feel it.

Despite these ministrations, the heat in her eyes could not be called passionate or loving. She spoke coy words, but they rang dull in the cold air.

<Something to warm my insides?>
Salsola
The Warden
Raze
Luperci Mate to Katinka
in her eyes were embers

POSTED: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:26 pm

Yes, he would be surprised to learn of an abundance of jackals in this snow laden world. "Walakun hal tabdu kafiat mithl jakal linadeu 'anfusahum?" Or would he be unable to recognize them entirely? As the woman pointed out, they didn't look like full jackals either but enough to mostly pass for one.

"La 'astatie 'an 'aqul 'anani 'awadu 'an tarh alkthyr min almaerakat bishakl eamin." He wasn't really a fighter, it went against the nature of a healer. Though he wouldn't really say he was a healer, or well he did for others understood what a healer was over just a simple herbalist. He liked the plant side of the actual healing side. But he knew how to heal as well and filled in when the need arose.

"Ma shay' min shanih 'an yakuna?" He watched as the woman came closer to him. A growl, one that could be said to be the canine equivalent of a purr, rumbled through him as claws raked his chest. His hands came to a rest upon her hips. "Rubama yjb ealayna..." He glanced over to where Sisay was staring at them from his cleared out spot in the midst of the snow. "'Aw hal tafadal lah 'an yushahd?" He paused for a moment then added on in a husky whisper next to her ear. "Rubama alaindimam fi?" A teasing nip was given to her ear after he finished speaking.

ooc here

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 am

We can fade to black or continue, up to you and whether you need posts!

Khael preferred to prey on those like Lelisa -- those who did not fight back, whether they wouldn't or couldn't. Another might have chosen "more sporting" victims, but this did not fit the dark woman's mentality. Jackals and coyotes were opportunists, scavengers, and why pursue prey that could wound? She did not need to best champions and warriors to be reassured of her own superiority; she was not so insecure as all that.

But if she were to prey on Lelisa today, it would be in a different sense than usual. Khael was not a kind lover.

The auburn jackal rested his hands on her hips, teasing her with his teeth nipping the sensitive flesh of her ear, and Khael smiled at him as if considering letting the cat join in. But Sisay was an animal, beneath her, and the look she cast the snowy feline was borderline disdainful now that she had the prospect of something more interesting in her hands.

I do not care who watches, Khael replied, her voice still devoid of a lover's warmth, but we should go inside. I do not think you want my hands to be cold. She slipped a couple icy fingers under the waistband of his pants, a grin on her lips, before stepping back toward the entrance of the building she'd set her weapon against. She trusted the serval to watch it.

Salsola
The Warden
Raze
Luperci Mate to Katinka
in her eyes were embers

POSTED: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:28 pm

A shiver ran along the jackal's spine as cold fingers touched against covered flesh. "'Ant dhahib libad' alnaar kadhlk?" Not that it sounded at all like a bad idea to him. But then what it seemed like the woman was suggesting they do would prove to warm them both up as well. At least if he was reading the situation right, and he often did when it came to this sort of situation.

He glanced to the serval as he followed the woman inside and shrugged to him. He had tried but he doubted Sisay actually cared. The feline didn't seem to be on the prowl for physical gratification, just a reprieve from the snow. And such is why the cat moved closer to the building as the canines headed inside. The serval settled into the doorway that was free of snow and stared out into the frigid world rather than paying attention to his companion.

Once inside the building with the woman Lelisa reached out and tugged her close. Teeth skimmed the side of her neck before he was nipping again. Khael came across as someone who liked a bit of pain with her pleasure and he was more than willing to give her that. And he certainly wouldn't mind if that favor was reciprocated.

216 Words; Can go either way you want, still got 2 more weeks of bracketing to do

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Luperci

Dead Topics