Don't threaten me with a good time

-Rio

POSTED: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:49 pm

Winter was a dull ass season. It wasn’t just her opinion, it was a fact. Yes, the Bar was open as ever but the colourful strangers that came with the passer by trading caravans that only ventured so far North during the Summer were missing. The locals and their antics made for boring encounters, slobbery old dogs with a passion for booze, fighting and nothing more (like her dad, ew). There were one or two handsome faces that came and went from time to time, but Rocky either bit them off or scared them with his mere presence, so she never had a chance to get close and have some fun.

The cold weather was a mayor deterrent too, as it also prevented her from showing much skin which totally spoiled her style. She felt deprived from the male attention she had grown to enjoy and crave. Boys were amusing things when they let their hormones control their actions and she found hilarious the lengths they would go for just a moment of her attention. Without these diversions she was forced to wander aimlessly just to escape the suffocating routine her old man had imposed in the household. Why couldn’t he understand that she needed more than just work and a house?

The city was a bleak landscape of grey ruins and muddy puddles of melted snow. She threaded lightly over a well-known path, finding safe footing between the rubble where others who were less knowledgeable about the area may trip or bend an ankle if they weren’t careful. Her feet took her to the suburbs where the old human architecture mingled with the forest. Many visitors passed through those streets regularly so she kept her eyes peeled for any interesting fellow susceptible to being lured in by her good looks.

In spite of the layers of clothing covering her body her visage was still very alluring to the eye. Her wild curls bounced lightly with each lively step. Beneath her thick red-brown woollen cloak her curves bloomed sinuously, the hourglass shape of her hips and ample bosom peeking through the opening on the front. Beneath the cloak she sported a pair of natural wool knee-length trousers, a simple low cut white shirt, and a brown corset to further accentuate her shapely figure.

She felt like a million dollars and carried herself accordingly, swaying provocatively with every step and batting her eyelashes with every blink. As much as she felt like a grown woman she was still very naïve. She wanted attention but didn’t understand how easily it could become a curse rather than a blessing. Her father wouldn’t always be there to protect her… but for now he was close enough, going about his business in the city where he could hear her if she called. He was her shield even if she wouldn’t acknowledge him as such, so she could act like a bad girl and a flirt if she so desired. She felt untouchable.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OCC: come meet Rocky's risqué kid! Bump into her, flirt or maybe try to knock her off her high horse? Any shenanigans are welcome :3
Last edited by Jamie Cortés on Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POSTED: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:29 pm

my heart was flawed, i knew my weakness

He had wanted to get away from old, sullied lands that dug scars anew into him, and so he had grasped Riselka's reigns, tight, tight, tight, and hoisted himself into the saddle. Briarblack sat up, stopping her camp set-up to look at him, and shove things back in her satchel.

"What did you see?" she asked, pointed, prying, the furrow of her brow belying the concern. Nazario didn't answer, and he squeezed Riselka's sides, and the filly wheeled, kicking up snow, before starting along the trail back north. Briar hardly had the chance to climb up into her gelding's saddle, and the duo were off, abandoning the starts of a camp in the bay.

The quiet hardly had the chance to be so, beneath the thunder of hooves and the heaving snorts of horses, though it stretched all the way to Amherst. The moment they hit those borders, the horses slowed, stopped, Briarblack's steed a little worse for wear as he breathed and huffed, his hide brought to froth. He groaned his discontent, and the dark-coated healer patted his neck sympathetically, before awkwardly sliding from her saddle to get her bearings once more. Nazario remained seated, his gold eye distant and stern.

"I'll meet you back here. I'll go start pushing product," he murmured, his voice tight, and Briarblack merely hummed, letting her wintery eyes lay on his tense shoulders a good moment as he finally slipped off of young Riselka's back, his hand lingering against her shoulder before he fetched a pouch from his saddlebag, and set off into town, stormy and full of contempt. The streets were bland, empty, and he set up shop on an old box along a suburban avenue, cracked and full of dead, dry grass turned sopping from snowmelt. He crossed his arms over himself, rubbed his arms that were not spared of the biting cold beyond his serape, and waited, watching passerby, neglecting barking out his sales pitch.

wiggles eyebrows| [wc — 000] template by hilli
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:07 am

It wasn’t long before her eyes came across rather handsome gentleman. It was as if a spotlight had been lit over the stranger. It was no longer a street she walked on but a stage, and he was her audience. That was the feeling she got as her red-brown eyes sought his and a stunner smile spread wide in her pink lips.

She approached as if she were dancing a slow salsa, hips swaying to some unknown tune as she made her slow approach. The closer she got, the nicer he looked. Little older than herself but not terribly so, the eye-patch gave him a mysterious air that she found quite enticing. She wasn’t oblivious to his brooding expression but she was confident in her own ability to drive that frown off his face.

She quirked a brow at him as she came to a stop, planting herself in front of him with evident resolve. ”You ain’t from round’ here hmm?” She stated mater-of-factly. Her eyes wandered down to the bag clutched in his hand and she tilted her head to the side with curiosity. ”Came here to trade? What ya sellin’?” She glanced up from between white and blonde eyelashes, swaying in her tip toes as she waited for his answer.

POSTED: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Some pretty little thing came his way, curvaceous and wily in a way that would surely have drawn his younger brother's attention, but his own was currently lapsing, focused somewhere else. To have said it was an abnormality would've been a lie - everyone back at camp knew he lacked the proper skill to play in such a game to begin with.

Nazario had been taught a great deal of skills, and even guile. But the finer aspects of sociability was lost, somewhere along the way. He hadn't even noticed her slow, swaying approach until she was nearly on him, and the gold of his eye winked against the light as he finally drew his attention her way, not that it needed to stray far, with how she took up real estate in the center of his vision, and shot out a question that could've been considered coy, but drifted through his rosy ears misconstrued.

"Used t' be," Nazario answered just as quick, though with notably less familiarity as how the doggish woman approached him. As she was letting those eyes wander over his goods - and his goods, in a more metaphysical sense, if he was picking that up right (he wasn't. He was sure. People often didn't look at him, after all) his hand strayed into a satchel, and produced a bottle, to which he set out on the crate, straightened it with rough fingers, and tapped the lip next to the cork.

"Sellin' medicine. They say it can cure all aches, pains, and maladies of the internal sort."

At least, that's what Santiago said. There were other things, too, but Nazario was... Distracted, from the present, from the task of his trip, and certainly from the delicate creature in front of him.

--| [wc — 000] template by hilli
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:14 pm

The guy was as responsive as the death racoon she had poked with a stick when she was younger but at least he didn’t stink as much.

Her smile didn’t falter. The fact that this man wasn’t instantaneously drooling all over her meant that he was different from the pseudo-teenagers she was used to, she didn’t dislike the change. She hadn’t faced a turndown yet, so she took him as a challenge, signing herself up for a big disappointment.

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, rolling her shoulder to accentuate the motion so her cloak shifted a little and revealed a touch of skin. Her sing song voice became a little deeper, a purr accentuating her every word. ”Very interesting. Say what else does this do. Sounds like proper magic.” She was not a remotely good merchant, but she would buy his stuff just to keep him talking.

”What would ya want for a bottle, mmm?” She paused and then added as an afterthought. ”And also… what shall I call ya Mr. eyepatch?” She called him that as an endearment, turning her head to the side again like a pretty bird.

POSTED: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 pm

The young woman rolled her shoulders, and clothing let slip, slip, slip - a little scandal that may have been considered utterly foolish against the raging cold, and that gold eye had flickered to smooth, exposed flesh but a moment, his brow knitting on the stern set of his face at the very motion.

If she made a habit of luring people, she was going to wind up hurt one day.

Then again, it wasn't his place to judge.

"No such thing as magic, ma'am," Nazario answered firmly. "Hides. Food. Blankets. I'm in the market for just 'bout anythin' to get through the damn winter." He realized belatedly that she asked for a name, and he fished into a pouch and produced one of those hand-rolled cigarettes and a pouch, taking a tick to light it up.

"Me? I'm Nazario del Bosque." He should have asked back. It was the polite thing to do - and his...

His lips set into a line.

His memory of his father-figure would have been disappointed. "What's your name, miss?"

Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:39 am

Youth could be considered both a blessing and a curse. To have a strong and able body, a future full of possibilities and a mind free of worries. That was true freedom… However it also meant one was unexperienced, often blind to dangers of the world and in Jamie’s case quite foolish. She saw herself as the only player of a game where she was untouchable, immune to defeat. Only time would tell if she would be able to remain blissfully ignorant or if life would find a way to break her pretty bubble.

For the time being she tackled the encounter with the tool she believed was flawless. Her charm. ”Well I happen to have an abundance of food and pelts back home Mister Nazario, but I would have to retrieve them for you. It isn’t far…” She turned to the side and gestured with her head in the general direction of where her home stood. ”You could come, pick what you like. It’s only a couple blocks down the road.” It was very likely that Rocky was already in his usual spot at the Bar, so if he agreed to follow her they would have the house properly to themselves. Even if he had been unresponsive so far she didn’t take the hint. She still had many tricks up her sleeve, if only he accepted to follow her somewhere warm.

”The name is Jamie Cortés.” She offered almost as an afterthought. She lifted a perfect eyebrow quizzically, seeing if he would follow or not.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OCC: Feel free to break her heart now xD

POSTED: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:00 am

Nazario's suspicion cradled him like an old friend, or motherly figure, swaddled in swathes of paranoia and comfortable layers of loathing for the unknown; this girl, this stranger, tried to entice him with pert flesh, exposed openly to the elements and sultry curves. Those offers were met with his stubborness, and there was a subtle pinch at the edge of his eye, a wrinkle in his muzzle.

He would prefer to not be caught unawares by the wiles of someone young, invincible to the fickleness of life; at best she was just presumptuous, at worst, she was planning on robbing him.

"No," he answered while she started down the road, candid and blunt. "Jamie Cortés - I can wait right here while you get items for trade."

Indignant, he lifted his sharp chin a moment, and rolled his cigarette over between his teeth, tasting the fire on his tongue.

"I don't much take to bein' lured anywhere, if you'll forgive me. It don't do no one no good."

where's the candy, i was promised CANDY| [wc — 000] template by hilli
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Her façade of confidence was nothing more than an illusion created by praises and compliments. She had the bad habit of filtering out whatever didn’t please her, and so Jamie had built an unreal image of herself. She felt desirable and invincible with her young skin, but this idea was shattered by just a simple ‘no’.

She stopped in her place, ears twitching and expression completely lost as he proceeded to explain the reason behind his reject. She didn’t know how to react really, the first taste of failure didn’t settle well in her tongue and she struggled with the surge of emotions that mixed and quarrelled in her head. She felt frustrated and wanted to try again but also she was furious and felt like screaming at him for being so hard. Finally the fear of being rejected again won and she quietly nodded her head, tsking indignantly for good measure before taking off.

”He must be freaking gay.” She told herself as she entered her home, and she said it again as she carried the goods back. That must have been it surely. Her pride latched onto that notion and found solace in spite of the lack of proof.

”Here ya go, good pelts. See I ain’t no robber.” She settled her bundle on the ground for him to examine and pouted. Her arms crossed over her chest with almost child-like indignation. Screw the guy, she would have to hit the bar later and find someone who did appreciate her.

POSTED: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:49 pm

His eye took close measure in her features, the girl looking as though her world had been rocked, turned over onto its head, all from a simple denial. For some reason, that very response filled him with some sort of dread, and he felt his gut sink, his lips screwing into an almost offended frown - was he to be considered so easy?

She deserved the knock to her pride - everyone had to learn humility at some point. And so he clicked his tongue, and watch her march right on home to barter over (likely a parent's) goods. When she returned, he rifled quickly through the pelts, appraising their worth, their treatment, and found it satisfactory enough, parsing over some of his own bottles of snake oil before that coyote shot over a sharp, charming smile, letting it crinkle the corner of his lonely eye.

"These are nice, doll. Pleasure doin' business with ya," he simply stated, standing up to hand over his part of the bargain, and clap a hand brusquely.

Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

Dead Topics