To the other space where you belong

For Julius

POSTED: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:13 pm

(+300)

Finally got around to starting this thread for us. Sorry it took me so long. Let me know if there is anything you want me to change. Ossideal is traveling with Saint, one of Ankh's kids.

Ossideal was growing tired of being stuck in just one place like this with very little coming in to assist with his overall agenda. His sister had been the push that he needed to get going, to find this place that she had taken up residence in. A place that from the looks of things had been better than things were back at home. Brainwashed by their father's mentality, it was something that disgusted him. Women had their set roles in life, and to break them was something deemed unacceptable by all of them.

Not much else was being done, though Saint had been doing enough to pull his weight to continue traveling along with the jackal man. Men were far superior to females, more deemed acceptable to him by his family line. His own mother seemed at least content enough to have accepted her role at his fathers' sides, but that was not good enough for Khael.

Their womb was the only thing that kept the reddish man from making advances on them when he saw fit. His spawn would shape into all the creation god's children, once again giving them a life, one to live and shape on this mortal coil. It was just a matter of finding the right woman.

The hound and jackal had set up a camp just outside of Amherst. There was still some potential for this place to provide some use, at least with what little Saint had brought back to offer to him. News of the bar was nice, a place for wanders to gather would be fitting, especially if they didn't mind him and his joints. Then again, even just those working at a place like that were bound to know something.

Ossideal was thankful for at least one thing. The snow was starting to finally go away. How he missed the sands of his home. There wasn't a speck of white in sight no matter the time of the year. He will never understand what caused him to create such a thing that brought such a chill to his entire being. Spring needed to come much quicker than it was.

Ossidael Lykoi

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:43 am

pump your veins with gushing gold

Amherst had seemed the most logical place to start - after all, he had precious little to go on, but it was doubtless that the bar was a place where the lawless public so flocked. Besides, it was the only lead he had, if history were to prove anything.

He openly milled the streets, well-dressed in swathes of forest green and drab color, light winking off accents of gold - still inconspicuous enough for comfort. The horse he had borrowed was a new experience, and the two creatures did not trust one another well, his knees too tight in the dappled stallion's sides, but otherwise, the beast was mild enough to handle his untrained rider. In time he eased up on the white-knuckle grip of his reigns. Julius thought he had managed to overturn each stone, until a campfire glittered over a distant hill.

With little else other than suspicion, and curiosity, Julius rode on, following the scent of two strangers, before calling out with a mildly alarmed yet unassuming sound to the duo at their camp.

"Room for another?"

Borrowin' Onyx from the communal stores~| [wc — --] template by hilli
Salsola
The Warden
Despi
Luperci Collettore

POSTED: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:35 am

(+300)

Time for the creep. Just an fyi: Ossidael has a thick arabic accent and sounds like someone who smokes a lot.

Their camp was small, all the essentials needed to take care of themselves. Much of the items they had to work off of came from Ossidael's own personal stores, things he had brought over form Egypt, though rationed with care as the case may be. Many of his personal belongings stayed on or near him, not granting Saint enough trust yet to so much as come near them. In time though...

Should he prove his worth.

The hound had done well to get the fire going, the embers seeming to glow off the reddish jackal's pelt. Reaching to one of his smaller bags, he pulled out a rolled up cigarette, leaning forward just enough to get the tip along the flames, igniting the paper. Placed gracefully between two fingers, it was brought to the man's lips, given an inhale, and then released the smoke from his nose and mouth. A consideration of how much of his own wares for these came into effect as well, though the addiction put this more towards the top.

While finding his sister's home was important, so too were his own personal habits, ones he could not break.

One ear shifted to the sound of the male's voice coming up the hill. Ossidael's head turned just enough to allow his golden eyes to fall on the earthen man riding on the back of his horse. As one who could tackle even the hardest horses, it was not hard to tell that his man was lack in experience with what he was doing.

From the moment he had been caught in the jackal's sights, his eyes seemed to stay locked into the man's own blue ones. Taking another inhale to release the smoke, his hand gestured out to their small camp, "Come."

Saint's head moved up briefly, spotting the newcomer as he came closer. He had been tending to the fire, but with company now, he stood back up, straightened out his shirt and pants, and took a seat opposite of his companion. They might have been travelling for a while together, but the smell of the jackal's smoke could get a bit overwhelming. No need to have the smoke of the fire and the drug induced smoke choking at his lungs.

Ossidael Lykoi

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:14 pm

That scratching, acrid smell hit him first, before he'd even seen the glimpse of a burning cigarette in the jackal's hands, and he was off his borrowed horse the moment that accented voice greeted him. Julius tied off the beast, seemingly placid as he was, out of a lack of trust - and kept his wits sharp whilst he ventured towards the brilliant amber of firelight.

Something about this copper and soot man seemed vaguely familiar, but Julius could not say the same for the mongrel companion. Julius took a moment to warm his wilting fingers at the fire, and uttered his quick and proper thanks, before letting his eyes roam the duo curiously.

"Are you travelling through? What brings you clear up here - if you don't mind me saying so, it seems as though you may have a proclivity for... Warmer climates," Julius mused, his tall gold ears tipping forward, a slyness beneath the surface of his blue eyes as he concocted his story's threads around the his company, tailoring as any good social chameleon knew to.

n i c e| [wc — --] template by hilli
Salsola
The Warden
Despi
Luperci Collettore

POSTED: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:58 pm

(+300)

OOC here.

Ossidael's gaze bore down on the male as he came closer, observing the male as he came closer. He seemed compitent enough when it came to the care of the horse that he had brought along with him, taking care of it before coming to join the two males around the fire. One thing had jumped out at the man the moment this younger one stepped into the center of his camp... well, perhaps two things.

The manner in which he held himself, and the clothing this tan male wore along his body.

Keen eyes barely scanned over the male in terms of movement, but so much more meaning was kept noted inside the mind. The small decoration along the collar of the man's sweater showed more detail and worth than the simpler clothing of his home. Something far more in terms of riches.. something that pulled the man back to his first encounter with his sister. Perhaps... there was some kind of connection between this male and the place of which Khael now called her home.

Giving another inhale of the drag, the smoke only escaping from the small opening in his mouth and nose, almost seeming to envolpe him in his prime addiction. Any hint of emotion cleared away from the copper jackal's face, a loving trait given to him by his mother. It was much harder to read someone that didn't react much to anything.

"I am looking for someone."

Simple and straight to the point. Whether or not the male would know of his sister was yet to be seen, but beating around the bush about his intentions would do nothing for him, especially if there was a connection between the one sitting with them, and Khael's new home.

Saint perked up, giving a small cough to the smoke and ash blowing slightly in his direction, "I'm looking for someone too. Not the same person, but we have common ground."

Ossidael Lykoi

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Thu May 09, 2019 1:15 pm

The scent of the smoke curled in delicate, acrid whips around his muzzle and an itch dragged its way beneath the Valentine's skin. He had half the mind to take that cigarette for a pull himself, but his better instinct won out, clearly outnumbered as he was. He settled for breathing deep, slow, even - catching what he could, diluted on the breath of some other.

The copper man was candid. Forward. Pinched and direct, and it made Julius's brow twitch idly as the two immediately zoned in. Perhaps it was the trappings of his wealth, such terrible things to shed as they were.

"Aren't we all," Julius instead answered, aloof, nonchalant. The less forward man, nigh mousy in his mannerisms, hardly seemed a killer. The copper jackal, on the other hand...

Julius shuffled his way subtly towards the warmth of the fire, and opened his palms to it, before he looked to the bizarre duo in their camp. Warmth bathed his palms, pale and ivory set against the gold of the backs of his palms.

"Perhaps, if I had more detail to go on, I could help you fellows out? No guarantees, unfortunately. It is a wide world after all. You two look like you're not from around these woods, may I ask where it is you hail from?"

--| [wc — --] template by hilli
Salsola
The Warden
Despi
Luperci Collettore

POSTED: Mon May 13, 2019 7:18 pm

(+400)

OOC here.

Ossidael's eyes failed to ever leave the man that had come to join the other two, his only movements being limited to that of taking in the cigarette and releasing the smoke that came from his mouth and nose. Saint was more.. active, at least in terms of any movement. There wasn't much that could be done around the fire, but his attention diverted to other things around them, as they would to anyone else. The jackal was his own special case.

How he liked to watch how people squirmed under his barring gaze.

The earthly man had done no such thing, instead inching himself closer to the fire to warm himself up. He was the guest here, for now. His usefulness kept him in his place. If there was no purpose to any of this conversing, then best he dare not to linger past what had already been offered out to him.

Saint's head shifted over to the male at his words. Both men were out for someone more personal to them, family. Was that the case or did he more so mean in terms of settling down? Such a thing was non-existent with the copper male. His spawn would dominate the land, but he would never take a woman to his own. Only a rightful male was well enough to have that spot. Females had their place, and so did males.

Keeping in silence, the hound spoke up among the crackle of the flames, "I'm from Portland. I've been staying there with my mother and siblings, but my sister left some time ago. I think our father's in this area." The hound had his motivations to reunite with his family, and so too did Ossidael.

Giving another breath of smoke, "From the sands across the ocean." This man didn't need to know where specifically he had been from. Plenty of lands out to the west of this area. He could figure it out on his own. Untrusting of this stranger, he spoke again, "I'm looking for a black jackal woman."

Saint gave a small roll of his eyes before he chimed in, "I am looking for my sister and our father. We only really met him a few times back in Portland. He's a hound like me but all white. My sister is a lighter tan with some white and black on her."

Ossidael Lykoi

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci

Sticks and Stones