[m] It's hard enough -- you standing next to me

POSTED: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:44 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC: after 'dreams' thread
Backdated: 9/4/19 || Dusk
[+516]
Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi

Till had been frustrated with his situation, and he needed relief. Things might have been going well, but he had felt the need more than once to get away from Salsola, if only for a little bit of time. He just needed to have a day, a night where he didn't have to think about what was going on, and how he was going to prevent it from getting out. He thought that the wilds might give him the answer, and this was why he had packed Tal up with some minor belongings, snacks, and some trading fodder to make it seem as if he was going out for a simple trading trip. He would have liked to say that he could go away so easily, that he could spend a night outside of Salsola, but he didn't know if his children would allow him to do it alone, so, he told them that he might be home late in the evening.

He lied to them but he knew that they would be cared for, if it was only for the night and nothing more. Dirge knew to stay with his two younger brothers until Father returned, and that Till would never leave them like that. Their father was better than that. However, this fact did not keep Guts, his young cat, from strolling along behind Tal and Till for some time before he hopped up onto the horse's back and carefully rode along with Till. Till grumbled, at first, he did not want the cat to accompany him, as it just meant that he had to deal with yet another witness, another chain to drag him back to where he belonged. He wished to just be away, just for a little bit.

They traveled North, and Till had been gone for more than just a night. He thought to send his cat back to home to let them know that he would come home soon, but he seemed to be content with keeping his feline with him to have some company at night. He didn't know when he would be back, but he knew that he would, eventually, return home after the trip back home. "When will we turn back?" the feline asked him but did not receive an answer. Till often ignored the cat, and found little reason to bother with it's musings if it was not in his favor. "You gonna ignore me again, huh?" the feline asked to the back of the whitening crown of the male.

"Guts, we will make camp for the night here." he suddenly told the cat as he got down from his perch on top of the horse. Till didn't bother tying the horse before he had started to scan around for brush and other means for making a fire for the night. The night's cold did not set in, but Till wanted to get a head start on setting up camp, and he often started with making a small fire pit for himself for when the sun finally set.

template by veldt, image by @aleviaro

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Jmonster@soulsRPG, signature image by Motth@FA

Salsola
The Henchman
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:01 am

To the dismay of the wolfdog,Cherub had been flying off and coming back to her for most of the day. He had been on the look for victims for their silly thievery games, but sadly, his companion wanted nothing to do with it. The raven had found several prospective players in their game, but Woodsmoke passed off every chance. Ever since she lost at her own game, She had no motivation to try anything in the realm of theft and sneaking. Her bird was trying desperately to get her back to her old self, but nothing was working.

The girl felt his little feet dig into her fur for a perch as he stood on her back. “Why no fun Woodsmoke?” He asked, which prompted Woodsmoke to shake him off in annoyance. Though Cherub was persistent and landed atop her head this time. “One horse. One cat. One wolf.” He told her, and she did her best to ignore the persistent corvid. “I can bother, you can take!” The bird mustered up jubilance as he flapped up, landing in front of Woodsmoke. “Will Woodsmoke eat cat?” He asked.

She stopped and let out a very annoyed sigh. “No, I won’t eat someone’s cat!” She told him before stepping over the bird and continuing on. He only hopped after her, asking her to try to steal from the man with a horse and a cat, practically begging her to do so. “Cherub, no. I’ll find something for us to eat though.” The girl promised him, which prompted the bird to fly up in front of her once more. She stopped and stared down at him as he stared up at her. “What?” She asked, annoyance creeping into her voice.

“I will get cat. We will eat cat.” Was all he said before he took off.

“No, you will not!” She cried after the bird, immediately speeding after him. “Don’t you dare, you stupid bird!” Though he was ahead and above her. There wasn’t much she could do, other than shout at Cherub, but that had no effect. It seemed the raven was hell-bent on eating feline tonight.

Cherub got to the trio before Woodsmoke, and divebombed the cat, laughing as he did. “Dumb cat, dumb wolf!” He cried with mirth, before coming in for another flyby. “Can’t catch me, stinky cat!” Cherub was having fun simply heckling the others. After the second divebomb, he flew off a ways away, into the woods.

The raven was gone for a few moments before being replaced by Woodsmoke, who bounded out of the woods yelling loudly. “I said no! Don’t be stupid, bird!” She cried, though he wasn’t near to receive her ire. The girl was left staring at a man, a cat, and a horse. No words left Woodsmoke’s lips for a while before she finally spoke. “He wanted to eat your cat, I tried to stop him.” She said to the man, deadpanned in the face and clearly irritated.
Loners
Wolfdog
Scott
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:52 am

OOC: Till is being a pretty boy whoops. [+811]
Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi

The Bastard spent a bit of time getting sticks together, and preparing their temporary camp. He sighed lightly as he thought about how he wanted his son to be there so that he could re-braid his hair for him, but Till knew that it was not possible. Guts lazed about the small camp, as Till had pulled back his hair in a loose high bun, letting his bangs and some of his shorter hair fall to the sides of his face, and started to work on their fire. He piled his sticks in a pile and collected some spare rocks to make a small pit for this fire, having only stayed within the general area while collecting and pulling the stones to place them in a circle around the small pile of small sticks and dry fodder for easy lighting. He looked at the cat with hard eyes for a moment as he realized how lazy it was being. Sure, he was a cat, he didn't have the means to do things like "setting up a camp", but the least the cat could do is sneak around and try to find something to eat.

"You can't even try to lift a paw, huh?" Till asked, accusingly.

"No, There's nothing I can do to help someone like you." the cat retorted easily and started to lick the back of his paw and bring it over his head.

"I knew I should have dumped you in the river." Till snorted and started to get the flint from his bag and he scraped the serrated edge of his knife across the surface of the knife. Sparks shot from the flint and Till did the motion again while it was close to the pile of fodder. The Sparks flew to the pile, but it did not catch still.

With his small camp set up and his fire close to being lit, he found himself some time to relax before the sun retreated into the horizon. He sighed lightly, and he put the tool aside for a moment, and took his hair back down and running his hands through the hair that ran long past his shoulders and slightly down his back. He didn't remember the last time it had been cut. He took his tie from his bun and put it in his maw and he held it with his mouth as he begun to pulled his hair over his shoulder and began to braid the light gray and white strands of hair together. He pulled the loose hairs and started putting them aside in a pile while he did his hair, and sooner or later, he started to get into a groove of braiding his hair to the point where he closed his eyes and started humming softly.

The fluttering of wings made his eyes open wide as he looked towards the creature and he jumped up to see the beast going down into a dive-bomb at Guts. The cat had been minding his own business and dozing off when he, too, had been alerted by the sound of fluttering wings and the caws of a insane bird. The cat jumped to his feet and yowled angrily as he narrowly dodged the crazy crow. He wished it had been last time that the bird came at him, but it seemed that the feline had a new enemy, and Guts hissed and tried to protect himself as the bird came in for a second drive-by. He didn't know if he got the bird, because of how much he swatted, but as soon as he saw the bird fly away, Guts fled to Till's side.

Till laughed, but then was greeted with the wolfish face of a woman as he looked up from the cat and to the woods as they busted through with the barreling wolf.

"Yeah, well, thanks for not letting him eat my cat. You sure did help a lot." there was a wide smile that found his maw as he looked to the woman, but the words came off in a rather sarcastic tone. It wasn't a friendly remark in the slightest, for he knew very well that out of the two of them, the cat would win in any case. He might have gotten hurt, but Till was sure in the cat's ability to hunt. Till sat back down and sighed lightly as he grabbed his tie from the ground and tied off the end of his braid.

"Is this what you like to do all day? Chase your pesky bird?" he asked her, as he scented the air to get some sort of identifier of her status. He only stretched his neck out slightly in her direction, and his pink nose twitched as he aimed to figure her out.

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Henchman
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:56 pm

The stranger's words were of thanks, but the tone he carried seemed to contradict that. She looked him over for a moment, then at the cat, and the horse. This had to be the “wolf” Cherub had told her about. She was going to need to explain to the bird just how much canines could differ. The little black imp believed all things that barked and howled were wolves. She let out a huff through her nose and shook her head. “No, when we hunt he usually sticks by me. I guess he really wanted to eat your cat.” She replied, keeping her distance from the strange-looking man.

Woodsmoke carried no out-of-place scents, she only smelled of the woods she dwelled in, the earth she walked on, and held hints of the animals she had killed recently. She kept her distance from the man and drank his image in. Scars abound on his flesh, which only made her wonder where they had come from. He was tall too, most luperci men she had come across were. She maneuvered a bit, keeping her distance as she continued to look him over. Her eyes fell to the cat that took to the man’s side, and she lowered her head to get a better look at the feline. “I hope Cherub didn’t scare you too much, he normally lets me do all the work.” She explained to the angry fluffball. “You better be happy it was my bird who went after you and not me.” She spoke with levity in her voice, it sounded like a veiled threat, though she meant none.

Her ears perked up as she raised her head and looked to the skies. Back to the clouds, the raven careened towards the group. He was shouting something, but it was intelligible and muffled. Her eyes widened and ears pinned back as the girl realized what Cherub was doing. “Cherub, stop!” She cried, but the bird stayed his course. It was a direct line towards the stranger and their cat, but instead of swiping them, he flew over.

“Take that, cat!” The bird shouted after he dropped the pebble from his beak, sending it down to the feline below. It wasn’t big enough to cause serious injury; if anything it would just sting a little if it made contact. The blackbird turned in the air, and flapped to his partner. He landed on her head, and Woodsmoke immediately shook him off. Cherub opted to stand by her side instead. He looked up at his companion who appeared quite crossed with the bird. “Cat hit me, got even.” He explained to her, causing the woman to let out an exasperated sigh.

“I’m sorry if he hurt your cat,” Woodsmoke muttered, glancing towards the male. “I think he either is hungry or wants to have fun.”
Loners
Wolfdog
Scott
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:11 pm

OOC: Till is being a pretty boy whoops. [+595]
Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi

He was unsure if she understood his tone, but from her reply, he figured that she might not. His pale brows cocked lightly as his bright eyes of dark and light cerulean and even brighter lavenders took in the subtle curve of her body, only a mere suggestion of impurity, whereas her other features pointed towards wolf. Additionally, her scent told him many more things. She was of no pack, she smelt of pine, and dirt, the Wild. "He must get cat pretty often if he is going after any cat he could find." Till's words were quick as he looked at her with little regard to their neutral status within the land they lingered, where not one, nor the other owned. He wore a wide smile as she had adjusted herself, moving not so much closer to him, but also around him, as if to circle him to size him up. He did not let his eyes lose her, but he did let his eyes wander over the natural body that she had.

He couldn't remember the last time that he had seen a bitch in her lupus form, for once his children had done their first shift, they had mostly used their Optime form. He did know that there were creatures, wild ones who did not have the virus, the blessing that Till had been born with.

When she had addressed the cat, the shadow beast's large yellow eyes stared at her like two moons and his white teeth suddenly showed as a deep hiss passed his maw. He was stressed now, and was not willing for another wolf to come here and bother him, especially since she was part of the problem. Guts was about to strike out at the wolf but was interrupted by the bird flying up and then preparing to divebomb again, but instead he threw a rock down. It hit Guts almost expertly, and the cat suddenly darted off into the brush. He wouldn't let the beast harm him again. Guts stayed within the bush he found and he hoped the bird would lay off.

Till sighed lightly and ran his hand through his bangs, messing with the soft hair there slightly and then brushing it down and back in it's place when he had finished messing with it. "I'm sure he will be fine." Till spoke, waving off the cat's potential injuries. It wasn't that he didn't care about the cat, it was more of that he didn't think that the cat would be taken out in such a way, and if he did, then he was a weakling and was doomed from the start.

Till shrugged his shoulders at her apology. "You might wanna get a bit of control of him, you don't want him picking a fight with any of these wolf-hunting coyotes, now." he told her as he twitched his nose and looked over her again. "I hear that they like to enslave their ravens for their own bidding. Some of them have missing feet because of it." he told the lie with ease, as if it was truth and he firmly believed it, even though he didn't, and knew that he was making up some bullshit to instill some fear in her raven's heart.

"My name is Phantom. Who are you, wildling? Can you shift?" he asked, calling her a wildling because of her status, and wondering if she could even shift, or if she was truly a wildling.

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Henchman
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:51 pm

Woodsmoke exhaled with amusement from her nose. "No, he's just excited about food. He didn't get as much without me around to help him." She explained, gazing up at the stranger, drinking in his features and scent as she drew closer to him. Without signs of hostility, the girl decided it was safe enough to let her guard down just some, and so she sat down, though still kept a small distance from him. Enough for her to jump and bolt if he tried to get one over her. Her four legs could carry her further than her two, and her small body could outmaneuver his horse.

She glanced to her Raven in order to see what his reaction to the stranger's news was, the bird just looked between the two, not exactly sure what was up. "You hear that, Cherub? If they catch you I can't save you." Woodsmoke continued the male's lie, hoping it would keep Cherub from flying off less. She didn't know if it was true or false; either way, she saw it as a way to keep her bird from misbehaving. She didn’t want him to form a habit of flying off after and or in search of strangers. The girl was fine on her own and with her bird, in fact she preferred it that way. No surprises, no trouble, no voices she couldn’t find in the dark.

"Cat can't catch me. Coyotes can't if cat can't." The raven rationalized, not knowing what a coyote really was, before flapping off to the bush Guts had sought shelter in. "Cat can come out. Won't eat cat. Promise." He told the feline, keeping his distance and peering under the brush from the ground. While not on the menu, Guts was the perfect creature for him to play with. Easy to spook, easy to fluster, if he played along Cherub would have a ball. If not, well at least he’d enjoy riling the feline up to extreme amounts of frustration.

"Phantom." She muttered as her eyes lingered on the tall man. Applying face to name, she intended to lock it down in her memory. He seemed like one worth talking to, for now at least. "I am Woodsmoke.” She replied, and let out a small sigh before answering Phantom’s next question. “Yes I can shift, I won’t do it for you though. I have been asked before, and I prefer living like this.” Woodsmoke explained, standing once more and trotting around to demonstrate. “Like this I can catch everything I need, go wherever I want to go. I don’t need arms to do what I do.”
Loners
Wolfdog
Scott
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:10 am

OOC: bleepbloop [+566]
Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi

It was laughable, the way she had told him that her bird was incapable of hunting for himself. Till never really had much of a problem with his pets and their feeding habits because of their own independence. While Till made it a habit to hunt with his companions, he often found himself with Mirjam the most. She was bigger, faster, and of more use to him than the domesticated felines that found his company. Truth told, he did not often hunt with Muerte, his owl, because while she was useful to track down something, her diet was still much different and lesser than Till's and his family.

Till did not comment on this, but he chuckled lightly to her words. His chuckle ceased for some time before he chuckled once more at the woman's addition to his lie. Whether or not she knew it was a lie was beyond him, but it was a good threat to use against the misbehaving bird.

When the cat was invited to come from the bushes that the bird peered under, once the wide yellow eyes touched the bird's black feathers, there was a loud hissss that came from the cat's maw, letting the bird know that he was not trying to play this bird's game. "I want nothing to do with you, ya' pesky winged-rat." he growled to the bird as he narrowed his bright yellow eyes and he spit and launched a spare swat towards the bird, purposely not launching too forward, as he did not really want to hit the bird.

She sighed at him after introducing herself. Woodsmoke was an interesting name to say the least, and it was fitting to her, he thought as he looked at her with his bright eyes that reflected a clear night sky. She spoke of being able to shift, but not wanting to change, because she preferred to live in such a way. He shrugged in response, and his pale brows lifted up on his face. He smiled, widely, then and thought to pounce on her, pinning her to the ground with his needless "arms", but she was right, she could do things in her lupus form, and the amount of effort and swiftness he would need to do such a thing would be tumultuous and unfruitful.

"I can respect that, but there are things that are better in the world of the luperci. Things like...wine." 'and sex' his words were slick on his tongue as he spoke to her. "Clothes fit better too." he added on as he looked at her bare body. He knew the love she could have for her lower form, but Till's lifestyle was not suited for it. Maybe, if he was a loner like she was, he would put down his bow for his tooth and claw. He didn't want to make up some story for this woman about where exactly he lived, so he avoided bringing her heritage this time. Maybe he didn't truly care. The Gods brought this woman to him for some reason, and he would find out that reason without giving away whom he truly was. "Have you hunted for the night? Your bird must be very hungry if he is trying to pick on a cat." he mentioned with a sarcastic smile pulled on his pink lips.

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Henchman
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:07 pm

“Never wore clothes, never heard of wine.” Woodsmoke muttered, her eyes now on Phantom’s threads. She saw no need to wear them, especially in her four-legged form. She had seen some two-leggers cover themselves with cloths and leathers, though many still did not. She could understand thin-coated dogs doing so, but wasn’t able to wrap her brain around as to why wolves or hounds with thick, wintery coats would wear clothes. She glanced back up at the man, but their two companions pulled her attention away from him.

She looked over to to her bird, who was still bothering Phantom’s cat. Cherub had bounded away, flapping his wings and puffing himself up when Guts had jumped for him. He let out a loud, shrill caw. “Not rat, cat. Raven!” He cried to Guts before flapping up and diving at the cat. He never got close enough to hit the feline, not quite out of reach for the yowling beast either. It was playful, his display. The bird wanted Woodsmoke to be happy, he didn’t really care for eating cat tonight, but messing with the cat was plenty of fun.

He was a reasonable sort, Phantom seemed anyways, she thought as she looked back to the man. He didn’t put down her lifestyle, nor did he ask for her to change for him. Still, his voice sounded almost enticing to her ears. Perhaps she’d play into his game, he didn’t outright say it, but she could tell that the man wanted to see her upright. Besides, her stomach felt empty at his question. It had been a while since they had a good meal. A rabbit here, squirrel there, nothing substantial. With hunting on the mind she brought her eyes back to Phantom, a spark of playfulness in them. “How about this…” She began, rising to all fours. “I met a man a long while back who insisted I should walk like he does.” Woodsmoke continued, stepping towards Phantom. “I agreed, but only if he proved he was a good hunter. He didn’t, but if you do, you’ll be the first man to see me standing like you are.”

Back then she wasn’t good at flirting at all and still wasn’t, but it felt a little different now. It was a different male, but the same game. If he won, oh well, what’s one soul to see her betray her whole existence thus far? She’d already lost to one, but this time it wasn’t she who was playing the game. If he lost, she’d get to gloat. This time it rested all on the stranger’s ability. Was he a good hunter, or would he flounder like the last? “What do you say?” She asked him, staring up at the grinning man, her head tilted slightly.
Loners
Wolfdog
Scott
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:06 am

OOC: bleepbloop [+638]
Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi

She muttered that she had never had wine, or worn clothes, and Till thought about how she might have lived such a life. While Till was not a drunkard by any sort of the definition, he did not know what it was like to not drink tea, and wear the best of his clothing to events. He could not imagine not getting drunk, or using his fingers to string a bow. He relied much too heavily on his handiwork, and while some would have seen this as a flaw, Till felt as if it was not one, considering all of the things that he did that his ancestors only wished that they could. "That sounds boring." he told her in reply to her muttering about about essentially being "boring" to him. He wondered what she did for fun, while he might use his skill and thumbs to track and map, he knew that most others had some sort of hobby. Was hers chewing on bones? He did not speak his thoughts to her but he did look at her and his tail started to wag slightly playfully.

Guts spit and hissed at the bird as it argued with him about it's species. It was obvious that the bird was much more simple minded than the feline, and Guts thought to fight it, momentarily, as it fluttered through the air with it's black wings. His bright eyes of gold caught the sight of the bird's wings and he felt his instinct tell him that he must kill this bird, not because he was hungry, but because it would make a great temporary plaything. He felt his body tense as he readied it, preparing to jump out as the bird came back down in a dive. Once the bird was close, Guts sprang out of the brush and leaped at the bird. He did not connect with tooth or claw, but once his paws were back on the ground, he turned around and bounded after him.

The display of aggression from the cat made Till watch them for a moment, and he wondered if he should have reminded the cat that the bird was not "just any old bird", but Till knew that Guts could control himself, so he didn't.

His head turned back towards Woodsmoke as she had spoken again. She gave him a deal, one that he was not inclined to deny, as it was tempting. Till's smile was wide across his maw as his tail wagged slightly harder than it had been before. Till nodded his head as he tied off the end of his braid, and he tossed the hair back over his shoulder. While the messy braid was unusual for him to hunt with, he did not feel like fussing about with pinning the hair up in a bun. "A challenge? " he asked her as he leaned in, his devil's smile wide on his maw. The question was not particularly one that he wanted her to answer, so his maw opened quickly to let out continuous words.

"You know I don't carry a bow and quiver for my own entertainment. You sure you want to play a game of cat and mouse with me?" he asked her as he grabbed his lion's head bow off the ground and he nodded to her. He scented the air around them to pinpoint some sort of prey animal that might be nearby. "What are your rules?" he asked her, as he put the tail of the lion's head bow to the ground and he leaned lightly on the head of it. He barely pressed any weight to it as he leaned in and he wondered what she was going to say about her rules to her friendly little game.

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Henchman
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

Sticks and Stones