Out In The Forest, We'll Sing A Chorus

All Welcome

POSTED: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:08 am

Avinalora Silverfrost
"Sing, thats the most powerful weapon you have"
Optime | June, 29th | Wentworth Valley
EDITING OUT SONG LYRICS! Also, you don't have to match the length, you're welcome to write as much or as little as you want! :)
WORD COUNT

It was a warm summer day. And for once, Avinalora wasn't dressed in her normal trenchcoat or anorak. The silver jackal was wearing her dark grey and white raglan and her dark grey cargo pants. She would normally wear clothes because of her short, desert-adapted fur but Avinalora had also gained a sense of modesty.

The argent female had stepped into the forest that surrounded the small area around the camp that Jarix and her had set up. Their camp was in the ruins of a house that provided enough shelter for the pair. Avinalora's coal-colored companion had left to check on his traps that he had set earlier. The female admired the darkling's dexterity and skill with his traps. Additionally, Jarix made many of those from scratch which only added to Avinalora's respect.

As Avinalora absent-mindedly strolled along the path, she did what she would normally do which was to sing. As always, the female had song lyrics running through her head and she chose the one she thought was the best. She had either heard of them or had just randomly thought of it. A soft alto issued from her throat, quite shocking for someone of her stature.

She sang one of the lyrics she had thought of, most of it could be thought of as random as she sang, but all that mattered was that she understood the lyrics. She didn't really cared who heard her as for all she knew, she was alone and free.

As she got to the second verse, her voice gradually grew louder. And as she came to the first two lines of the second verse, she stretched the "go" part. She always loved singing because, for her, music was a language that can convey thoughts and feelings. Her favorite lyric of the songs was the chorus since that lyric could mean many things for others. Avinalora liked songs with meaningful lyrics and often sang the ones that related to her mood or the situation. The maiden often carried a journal with her to write down songs that she knew and lyrics that randomly came to her. The female then went on to the next verse.

Template by Andi
Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:04 am

OOC- Hey! Did you come up with that yourself? WC- 487

Addler walked around the forest with a small white satchel draped across his shoulder. The bag was laden with small objects, pieces of metal, machinery parts, and a few small magnets. It was a prefect summer day, and one of Addler’s favorite times of the year. When the longest days of summer have past and the year began its slow decent into fall and winter.

As such he thought that it would be the perfect time to go hunting for artifacts. Small trinkets and knickknacks that where once used by humans. It was a much better way to spend the day then sitting in his room as he was told to do by the medico. Plus, his shoulder was pretty much healed by now, even if they refused to admit so.

As he walked Addler would stop and pick up some new item or object. It had become more or less routine, but after an hour he came to realize why the medico had said he wasn’t fully healed yet. His should was starting to hurt, and he couldn’t bear it any longer.

Deciding that this might be the perfect time to take a break he sat down at the base of a tree and closed his eyes. He listened to the sound of the wind as it whistled through the trees and grass. He listened to the birds chirping and the insects buzz.

As he listened he heard something else, someone was singing. The sound was close by, that made Addler’s hairs stand on end. Though it also made him curious who would be out in the middle of the woods singing?

So against the judgement of his gut and a voice in his head urging him to get the hell out of there, he followed the sound. He followed it farther into the woods, to a place he frequented often. He recognized that he was getting close to an old human home, one which he searched time and time again. He connected the dots, and realized that whoever it is must be using it as a home.

As he got closer and the sounds became louder he masked his sent the best he could, by rolling in a nearby pile of deer dung, and stepped lightly doing his best to avoid and sticks.

After a few minutes of careful foot work Addler was close enough to see the singer. It was a small white and grey female, she stood nearly half as tall as Addler, and wore a matching shirt and grey cargo pants. In truth they looked vaguely familiar to the pair of dark green shorts Addler wore.

As the female’s song came to an end Addler decided to make his leave. Seeing as how he didn’t know if she was hostile and he had neglected to bring a weapon with him. He took a step back, and a loud crunch rang out.
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:53 am

Avinalora Silverfrost
"You sing the words but don't know what it means"
Optime | June, 29th | Wentworth Valley
I don't think I could match the beauty of P!ATD lyrics. Also, Avinalora basically overreacts in this. EDITED because Avinalora realistically can't climb.
WORD COUNT

The moonwashed maiden's ears pricked as she heard a snap. Her nearly-sightless gaze turned towards the direction, as she tried to get the scent of the creature. Avinalora silently cursed herself for letting her guard down as she started backing away from the source. Normally, the silver jackal would have heard the being from at least a few yards away, but she had been busy singing. Perhaps her singing had drawn the creature to her? All the vixen knew was that she was in danger.

The argent female knew that she wouldn't be able to get away, for her lame leg prevented it. So she looked around and found a small hollow a few feet up the tree in a tree, undoubtedly eaten out by termites. The vixen had an idea and threw a few sticks up a tree to fool whoever was coming to think that she had climbed up a tree. Then, she pulled herself into the hollow.

What is it is a Luperci?" The raven-haired girl thought to herself as she crouched in the small space. She decided to test that theory. "I'm a healer!" She called in a slightly raised voice. "I can't really see you or run, so I'm obviously not a threat." She added. She knew that she had probably just told the predator exactly where she was. She rummaged through her satchel to find something she could defend herself with. The best she had were some sticks and a glass bottle. Sighing, the she-jackal muttered to herself, "Why didn't I bring some sort of poisonous herb with me. She knew that Jarix was probably on the other side of the forest and he wouldn't hear her if she howled. Avinalora leaned against the tree trunk, if she had been a religious person, she would have been praying, but instead she was dead silent. She held her dagger in front of her and waited.

The mist-colored female had once said that if she died, she would go out looking her killer in the eye. Now, it may become the truth. Well, she had always said that she would go down swinging. She repeated the lyric she had been singing, hoping it would give her courage. Then, the girl's heterochromia-afflicted eyes narrowed and her senses were on high alert. She wouldn't be easy prey for this hunter. She would kick, scratch, and slash, hopefully she would leave the bastard with a scar. With adrenaline pumping through her veins, she was ready to fight.

Template by Andi
Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:58 pm

OOC- Well, I’m not quite sure how to right a response to this, Addler doesn’t quite trust luperci… Also sorry this took so long. Also also sorry I just realized after re-reading the first response I used he wayyyy to much.
WC-163
Addler cursed himself, he should have known not to step without looking where he was going. Not only that but now she was in the tree tops were he couldn’t see her. Sure she had been talking but surely she would have moved.

He had to think fast, she could be anywhere in the tree tops. He may have a tactical disadvantage on the ground, but he would be too heavy for the branches and better able to fight here. Then there is also the problem of whether she was alone, which is unlikely. An Luperci of her size and profession would be stupid, and even though she had proclaimed herself as no threat her partner may not be.

Luckily he had his masked scent to his advantage, and his position seemed to be hidden for the most part. That didn’t protect himself from being spotted from the trees though do to the bright white fur that covered the majority of his body. Then the fact that he had no weapon and only a bag of knickknacks might be a problem.
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:52 pm

Avinalora Silverfrost
"Behavior is the mirror in which everyone shows their true image."
Optime | June 29th | Wentworth Valley
Sorry that I'm replying late! Update: Edited!
WORD COUNT

Avinalora hid in the tree hollow, her ears pricked as she listened for movement. Her dagger was laid on her satchel. She couldn't detect any movement so she decided to lean forward to see if she could hear anything. That was a big mistake as the moonwashed maiden lost her footing and fell forwards. She was lucky that she was able to tuck into a shoulder roll and land safely. Thanks, Toboe she thought. The she-jackal was up on her feet immediately, her ears and nose searching for where the creature was. The raven-haired girl couldn't detect him within her twenty-foot radius of sensing, so she quickly climbed into the tree to retrieve her belongings.

Once the silver jackal had her satchel, she began walking down the same path. She was interrupted by wing beats getting closer. She raised her forearm expectedly and her companion, Onyx perched on her arm. The vixen smiled and greeted her companion in Low-Speech.

The silver she-jackal asked her feathered companion if Jarix had sent him, knowing her brother's paranoia and how protective he was. He always sent Onyx to check on her when she was herb gathering and he was trap-checking.

The raven-crow nodded smugly. Avinalora decided to not mention the encounter with the creature, not wanting her crepuscular brother to have a fit. The mist-hued female instructed Onyx to tell her brother that she was fine before raising her arm and letting Onyx take off.

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:33 pm

Occ- Sorry this took so long, school has kept me very busy.
WC-199

Addler slowly and quietly shifted back. Carefully watching the tree tops, looking for anything that might tell him where the silver she jackal might be. Addler nearly leap back when she literally just fell from to the ground, a mere five yards in front of him.

But the thing that surprised him even farther was not her sudden drop. It was the fact that she had survived, a drop from trees would have killed any strong Luperci or wolf. But yet she had survived. This piqued his interest in her, though he didn’t think it wise to approach the female.

So staying as still as possible Addler watched the female get up and begin to walk away. He watched as a dark black bird landed on her arm. She had a conversation with the bird and then it left again.

That worried Addler, he had no idea what she had said to the animal, but he wasn’t going to just sit still. He quickly picked through his satchel until he found a decently sharp piece of metal. He gripped it tightly in his paw, but not so tight that it cut into his paw, and began after the female.
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:13 pm

Avinalora
"Take back the things I done!"
Word Count: 350
OOC: Avinalora you sly fox!

Avinalora's pricked ears heard someone coming up behind her. She scented the air and discovered that it was the creature that had scared her earlier. She could detect more from its scent. It was a male Luperci from a pack, as the scents of others he carried screamed it. The vixen waited until he had entered her seeing range before she whirled around to look at him.

The male was tall and had white fur with black and brown markings. She saw that he had a scar that stretched from his left ear to the base of his snout, passing over his eye. Seeing as left eye was hazy, she guessed that he was blind in that eye. The healer also noticed that the stranger was branded with a sideways eight shape and star.

Seeing the weapon in the brute's hand, the girl made a choice. For once, she would act like a cripple as that might save her life somehow. Backing away with a vacant look in her eyes, she had her dagger out and blindly started to brandish it in front of her. "Who are you? I can't see you!" She yelled as she tripped over of a root and fell against a tree trunk. "Can't you see that I'm not a threat! Leave me alone!" She screamed as she kept waving her dagger in front of her. Hopefully this wolf would come to his senses and leave. Or Jarix would hear the ruckus and investigate

The medic trusted her assessment on the male. He had the chance to attack her earlier and didn't take it. Perhaps he was paranoid? But would he see a small blind creature as an attacker? The silver-furred female hoped not. She didn't take him as a killer. Maybe he was like that brute down south who just enjoyed scaring people? The loner hoped that her darkling companion had his tomahawks on him. Hopefully her brother's appearance might scare him off. Or she could somehow defend herself, which was impossible but if she saw a chance to weaken him, she would take it.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Occ- Might be a good time to call in bro... or not, up to you.
WC-249

Addler had no Idea how the female had been able to smell him but that was beside the point. If she kept hollering, then there would be no doubt that someone would hear them. Her slow retreat and clumsy movements, threw Adler off. He was unsure about just how threating she could be.

When she called out saying she was blind this confused Addler even further. How could someone whom is blind climb a tree so fast, and with such skill? His mind began to swirl in turmoil. Should he leave what would happen if he did leave the her? Could he trust a luperci he didn’t even know?

He couldn’t, he was barely able to trust the Luperci in his own pack let alone someone he didn’t even know. Then again he also couldn’t kill her for the same reason, he did not know her.

Addler turned his head so that his right eye could get a better look at her. It was defiantly an act, there was no doubt about it. He examined her thoroughly. except for the dagger she seemed to be unarmed, though there was no telling what was in her bag.

He needed to make a choice fast, before she could make one that would end badly. Looking her dead in the eyes he growled “Leave. Now!”

He hoped he sounded threating because if not he might find himself with a blade in his throat. Or worse if that bird came back with help.
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:52 pm

Avinalora
"Hell is so close to Heaven"

Avinalora silently started cursing herself as the stranger became more agitated by her half-truth. He growled at her to leave which would be quite hard as she couldn't run and it would be hard to flee in Lupus form if she could even shift into it because of the items she carried with her.

The vixen decided that the best option was to attempt to run even through she wouldn't get very far. She leaped to her feet and tried to sprint. She made it two yards away with a running attempt that screamed lame leg. Then, she slipped and fell. Then, her silver form rolled into a small ditch.

The moon-washed maiden took a split second to take inventory of her functions. No shooting pain anywhere, no blood, and sh could still feel her hands and feet. She took no time to look around. She caught sight of a cave, small enough to fit her petite form if she scurried in on her hands and knees.

The healer took no time to leap into the tunnel and didn't stop crawling until her muzzle touched hard stone. She turned and leaned against the wall and got her breathing under control and was silent. Hopefully the brute would leave her alone.

Word Count: 210

We can end it in the next post since I'm throwing in a very convenient ditch for Avina to fall into and a convenient place for her to hide.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the
fire

Dead Topics