"'Cause I don't think that they'd understand"

Avinalora is out with her fox kits and her cat and owl. Join them?

POSTED: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:49 am

Avinalora
"We are wild. We are like young volcanoes"

In the forest near the shore, a peculiar band of creatures entered. At the lead was a petite, fox-like female with bright monochrome fur. Following the jackal were three foxes. At the lead was a grey fox with darker fur and vibrant markings, his dark sapphire eyes glowed with excitement. Behind him was a lighter colored fox of the same species with gentle purple eyes. And last was a fox who's fur was black at the bottoms and tips and slowly changer to iron as they neared his spine. The left side of his face bore cobwebs fashioned like bandages. Holding up the rear of the group was a grey and black tabby with shocking blue eyes and above them flew an owl.

It had been about two weeks since the group had found the silver fox. He still had no recollection of the day his mother perished and how he got his scars but didn't question it. Avinalora chose to take a different path than the one they had taken the last time they were here and hoped that she didn't trigger the kit's traumatic experience.

The healer had chosen a nice day to bring her wards to the mainland. The trip here had been uneventful. Luna had already been on a boat and Garrett was excited about the new experience. Spencer seemed to be alright, sitting on one of the benches. Eclipse and Tyler were also used to the ferry and sat or perched on the bench. The Midnighter was lucky that she had brought both owl and cat as they helped the vision-impaired vixen keep an eye on her charges.

The moon-washed maiden led the younglings to a forested meadow that she had already scouted a few days before. There were some herbs for her healer-in-training to investigate, some trees to climb for the adventurous Ash child and some places for the Twilight boy to hide in.

"Do not leave the boundaries of the meadow which are those four birch trees at the corners." The ivory she-jackal instructed while pointing her tail at each of the markers. The foxes all nodded before scampering off. The green-eyed girl nodded at each of her companions as they each went to one of the juveniles. The Tyto was keeping an eye on the quiet male who had soon disappeared into a hiding place. The she-cat bounded up the tree that the azure-eyed climber had gone and announced her presence in the tree before she followed him from branch to branch. The medic rested in the shade of one of the trees that was close to where the young vixen was and kept eye on the Mist girl who was investigating a patch of herbs.

((ooc))
Lupus | Colchester Quarter | Late August |
Word Count: 454

Avinalora is out with her new fox kits, more information on the NPCs can be found here!

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:30 am

[ 000 ] » Hi! :) Hope you don't mind the small reference to one of the kits. I kept the ending kinda vague because I wasn't sure what kind of reaction she would get :) Would be cool if she scared the poor pup tho xD

A strange group of smells brought her out of the safety of the copse of trees surrounding a clearing in the forest. With her coat – a split of two extremes – standing out against the tall and short green grasses, Axelle made her way towards the interesting smells. Their scent didn’t resemble that of food, no; but it was interesting enough that she had to inspect. With her nose nearest to the ground, she followed the path of one of the fox kits – one of the ones who had ventured out far, nearest to the edges that its guardian had set for it. The path was small and that of something young, but it was a scent that Axelle had not come across in a while since living near a coastal town.

Despite her coat colors, she became almost invisible when the grasses were tall enough. There was rustling ahead, but she was not at the edge of the other side of the clearing yet, not where the owl and the cat were. Not where the jackal woman was either. Through glimpses of grass, she could see a small, dark-colored rump in the distance.

Lowering herself to the ground, Axelle crept out of the brush and found herself almost nose-to-nose with one of the darker-colored fox kits. She froze, mismatched eyes meeting those of the kit’s, unsure whether she was going to frighten the pup or take off running after it in a playful banter.

Last edited by Axelle Napier on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sammiie
Luperci A kiss with a fist is better than none
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:21 am

Avinalora
"How come I've never seen your face round here?"
Lupus | Colchester Quarter | Late August |
I'm going to assume that Axelle met Spencer? I don't really mind if Axelle slightly scares Spencer because it's probably not going to trigger him into a relapse.
I don't know if I want Tyler to swoop in at Axelle, It's up to you.

I think that there is some minor PP in here, I don't know.
WORD COUNT

Avinalora's head rose from her paws as she could smell a foreign scent in the air. She knew that they weren't just scents from another area blowing over because she knew that the aroma of rust and swamp was not normal to this area. She could also smell horses, salt, and earth woven into the scent of a female Luperci who had the faintest scent of motherhood that the she-jackal guessed was at least a few months old. Despite this knowledge, her hackles started to rise.

Spencer was sniffing around the meadow near a lot of tall grass. He was hesitant to go in there as he didn't want to knock off the covering over the place where his left eye should be, or poke out the only vision he had. The silver fox could smell something in the bushes and went to investigate it. The fox kit wanted to know what was in there and if it was dangerous. He soon met the eyes of a weird colored creature. Having been around jackals for most of his life, he couldn't make sense of what he was looking at. The facial creatures of this stranger was foreign to Jarix's and Avinalora's, her snout was wider and her ears weren't oversized like his guardians. Her fur color also surprised him as well because of the two different colors cutting its face in half. The eyes on this creature were also different hues, much more noticeable than the silver jackal he knew.

Tyler had been flying overhead when he detected the heartbeat of a much larger animal. Tilting his head to riangulate the sound, he soon located it hidden in the grass where the young fox was. The barn owl's dark eyes narrowed as he could faintly see a mixture of black and white in the tall blades. He then dived down.

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:19 am

[ 000 ] » ok no prob! Whatever works ~ let's roll with it!

There was a mixture of fear and surprise in the young kit’s eyes, but he didn’t turn and run from her. So, she didn’t run after him, and instead Axelle lowered her whole body to the ground. Her tail thumped quietly in the grass. Their eyes locked for a short few seconds as they both took each other in. The kit wondered about Axelle’s appearance – as many others had – and Axelle wondered why he had been allowed to roam in the tall grasses so far from his mother.

Though, for one, she shouldn’t have been judging his guardian. She had just abandoned her pups in the woods a few weeks earlier. She left them for dead, and the scent in the air said that this pup hadn’t been left for dead.

A flutter of wings ahead claimed Axelle’s attention suddenly, and as she peered up, she saw the owl diving down at her. In a quick movement, Axelle jumped sideways to avoid the bird, but kept on running as she realized it was following her.

”Hey! Hey! I mean no harm! Call your bird off,” she yelled as she ran with her tail curling between her legs for the first time in a long time. She didn’t want to have to kill this woman’s bird, but she would if he didn’t stop chasing and pecking at her.

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:00 pm

Avinalora
"We're on your property Standing in V formation"

Spencer immediately scampered away from the she-wolf and back to Avinalora. Luna, Garrett, and Eclipse also returned to the silver jackal, standing behind her and watching the exchange between the stranger and Tyler. Once she had made a head count to check if everyone was there, her attention returned to the woman. She wanted to assess the threat level before calling the barn owl off. She knew that he was an agile flyer and knew how to attack wolves.

The monochromic jackal could tell that she was a Luperci despite being in Lupus form. The woman was quite peculiar in appearance. Her fur was split into two hues, alabaster and ebon as well as her heterochromia pink and silver eyes. She had obviously seen many fights judging by the scars she carried and was undoubtedly a loner.

Seeing that the bi-hued wolf didn't attack the owl nor the foxling, the medic deemed her friendly. Several croons issued from her throat, telling the owl to stop. The raptor returned to her, still keeping his dark gaze fixed on the loner and his feathers were still ruffled.

"Sorry about Tyler, he mistook you for a threat." The moon-washed maiden said with an apologetic dip of her head. She heard the owl give an indignant coo as he said that he was simply protecting the silver fox. She didn't know how the female would react, but it was best to at least apologize.

OOC Sorry for such a late reply!
Word Count

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:12 pm

[ 000 ] » ooc text here.

A threat.

That’s exactly what she was and all she could ever hope to be. A threat, a stain on her name that she had been running from for a long time. The woman’s voice echoed eerily in her ears. A threat, something that Anathema had named her and seasoned her to be. A threat, something her father had made her by filling her with all his hate. A threat, something that Lykoi man had done when he took away her dignity.

In that moment, Axelle had come to a stop, panting, and trying to piece everything together. How was she a threat again?

”No problem,” she heard herself say, though that wasn’t what she was thinking at that moment. ”I suppose I shouldn’t have been chasing your kit through the grass.”

Mismatched eyes studied the small, peculiar family. The mother, the one who spoke to her, was a Jackal, and the rest were foxes. And an owl to boot. What a strange little family. Axelle was a threat to them, and here they were giving her a chance. She could only assume that either they had not yet come across a situation made to wane their trust or despite all that, the light-furred Jackal was just the over-trusting sort.

”I’m Axelle Napier,” she offered, off-handedly given the awkwardness of the situation.

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:06 pm

Avinalora
With heaven above you there's hell over me

Avinalora noticed how the stranger stopped panting after what she had said. The woman seemed to be thinking and then responded with an apology that confused both the jackal and the silver fox. The two-toned wolf didn't chase Spencer, the nearly-blind jackal would have heard that and the kit had simply met her. The silver vixen really should have chosen something better to say such as "Sorry, Tyler gets a little overprotective." But, too late now.

The moon-washed maiden noticed how the loner's eyes gazed over her and her family. She knew that they were strange to most because of their different species. And the healer didn't actually consider herself to be their mother, she saw herself more of a mentor and a guardian. The she-wolf had the faint smell of a pup on her, an old scent but the she-jackal could scent a young pup on her. But, she didn't ask about that.

And then the bi-hued female told them her name: Axelle Napier. That name was unfamiliar to her, but what did she know? The woman could be from a big family or she could be the last of her name. So the Midnighter responded in a polite tone. "It's nice to meet you, Axelle. My name is Avinalora and these are my wards, Garrett, Spencer, and Luna." She said and pointed to each kit in turn.

Lupus | Day | Sticks and stones | Garrett, Spencer, Luna, Tyler, and Eclipse |
OOC Text Here!

WORD COUNT:

Image courtesy of [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/48141388@N07/5321022942/[/url]; table by the Mentors!

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:21 pm

[ 000 ] » ooc text here.

Axelle tried to keep her opinion off of her face as she looked on to the peculiar family. Though, Axelle could have sworn that the white Jackal’s gaze followed her eyes, and by then, it was probably too late to keep her opinions to herself. Still, Axelle hadn’t vocalized anything about the Jackal or the Fox kits.

”It’s nice to meet you all,” Axelle said in turn, dipping her muzzle to the family. She would have asked what they were doing out here, but the breeze had carried their scents to her previously, and Axelle recognized the scent. They were from Midnight Shores.

”You should keep your kits closer. There are unfriendly beings out in these woods that would snatch away anything not paying attention,” Axelle said, thinking back to the pygmy’s trap and eventually capture of her. He was lucky, then, really because in a fight, he wouldn’t have stood a chance against her. He was lucky to have incapacitated her when he did.

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:19 am

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Avinalora copied Axelle's gesture with her head as the woman dipped her head. Spencer's response was identical to the jackal's while the two grey foxes simply nodded. Eclipse had just watched alongside Tyler. The small group was lucky that the meeting had not become hostile after the barn owl had attacked. The ivory Luperci would talk to him after about notifying her before going on the offensive. The she-wolf appeared to be a capable fighter judging by the scars she wore and if things had gone south, the healer would stand no chance against her.

Then the loner offered important advice, to keep her wards close to her. Even though the Midnighter had been hear countless of times, it still didn't guarantee the safety of her foxlings. A loner or predator could have settled down the day before and plucked off a kit. It was safer for them to be on the island than here, especially with several young ones at once. Perhaps the moon-washed maiden should bring them individually off the island until they were old enough.

"I'll remember that." the medic replied with a nod. The bi-hued wolf was obviously more experienced than her and the foxlike hybrid would heed her words. Still, the woman gave no indication of where she had come from despite the very faint pack-scent on her. Had the woman been banished from her pack? Or did she simply leave? That question still remained in her head but she had no intention of asking it.

"I probably should have asked Skana for advice on parenting instead of herbs." The monochrome fox said, mentioning Midnight Shores' medic.

Sorry for the late response!
Word Count
Avinalora

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:26 am

[ 000 ] » ooc text here.

Axelle should have been the last person giving parenting advice, given her stellar track record with two of her own pups. And look how stellar that turned out. She didn’t even know how to reach out to them anymore. They both hated her, and that was that.

But it wasn’t Axelle’s plan to dwell on parenting techniques - or lack thereof. Avinalora mentioned something interesting.

”Wait, Skana? You know Skana?” Axelle asked in shock. It hadn’t occurred to her that both women were in the same pack and that the Jackal woman would know her former pack mate. It hadn’t occurred to her at all whether the women would know each other - let alone close enough to teach lessons to.

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

Dead Topics