your magnet Tar pit trap

POSTED: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:42 pm

[000] ooc text here.

The valley seemed like the perfect place to set up camp, with its wildflowers and bright afternoon sunlight. Bo was unloading a few necessary belongings while Danae worked on the fire. Earlier that afternoon, they had taken a lupus hunting venture, capturing three plump rabbits to roast for supper. Now, of course, both canines stood in their lupus forms taking care of evening chores. The coffee and cream female arranged her kindling in roughly the shape of a circle as Bo brought over a burlap sack with some pieces of firewood within it. He set it beside her and returned to the paint gelding for their rolls of furs.

Danae had to wait for the wind to die down -- it was strong in this valley -- before she was able to get a spark to ignite. For the next several moments she tended the fire. Her mottled companion laid out the furs around the firepit and with that their camp was completed.

I'm going for a walk, Bo. Would you start the rabbits for us please? she stood up, clapping her hands against her thighs. I will be back, she informed him, before turning away from the glaring sunset. She looked up with her big blue eyes and saw the clouds painted watercolor pinks, oranges and yellow. It stole her breath from her chest. She nearly did not notice the small pale shapes taking form as she drew near. One of then was much larger than the other, a silver fox.

Danae lifted her hand -paw and waved cheerfully. Hello there! she spoke to the snowy -furred woman. To her, it appeared as though the two could be AniWayans, with the fox being the larger canine's spirit guide. It did not surprise her, having come across pack members beyond the borders in the past.

Dawnthieves | InterRose | Table by Sammiie

Last edited by Danaë Aston on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avatar by Raze, Art above by Libri

Sarah

POSTED: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:10 pm

Avinalora

Word Count: 316
Lupus | Day |Somewhere in Sticks and Stones|

Made a few assumptions! Correct me if I'm wrong!

A small shape padded across the edge of a valley. Behind her walked a small, light furred specimen of grey fox with lilac eyes. They both would have been confused for vixens, but the larger silver creature was a jackal mutt with a smidge of wolf in her that contributed to her coloration and bottlebrush tail. Her jackal blood gave her a lean long-legged appearance, a foxlike face, and large ears which caused many to confuse her for a fox.

Avinalora had brought Luna, her trainee to this valley to teach her more about herbs. The young fox was eager to learn more about the healing arts from the healer and she was happy to share her knowledge. The silver female knew that there were others in the valley below but chose to ignore them unless there was interaction, which there was. She had quietly instructed her pupil to let her do the talking unless she signaled her with a curling tail.

Her heterochromic green gaze looked down as she saw a shape come near her. The pair stopped in their tracks and waited for it to come closer so that the vision-impaired vixen could better recognize the shape. A friendly greeting was called once the stranger came within seeing distance for the duo.

She had a dark brown back, a cream underside, and a light brown middle. The female was in her Lupus form, undoubtedly of wolf descent. She was tall and well-built. Yet, she seemed friendly and carried the scent of herbs which made both fox and jackal feel at ease as they shared common ground with the female. The woman carried the smell of a pack. The moon-washed maiden remember smelling a similar scent on her travels but had never learned the name.

"Greetings. The medic called. She chose not to give her or her protégé's names unless the woman gave her own.

Word Count:

template by revo. <3

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:45 pm

[000] next posts will be faster. I just got home.

This was a peculiar pair if Danae had ever seen one. It could very well have been a mother and child fox, except for the glaring fact that the larger one was far too big to be a fox. Still, she appeared to be an enlarged version of the frost-furred creature standing beside her. Danae's cream eyebrows knit together, perplexed. The pale pair did have the smell of herbs upon them, another fascinating aspect of the situation. The Aston woman did not smell AniWaya on them, but they very well could have been newcomers without the pack scent fully integrated within their beings.

Danae canted her head to one side, blue eyes locking on the eyes of the larger vixen. Are you of AniWaya? You have a beautiful little spirit guide. Looks very much like you. She smiled, having added a compliment to the mix. It was true, they were some of the most beautiful creatures Danae had ever seen. The fur so pristine white, the eyes so bright.

I smell herbs upon you, continued the Kunikoti. She drew up her bag, a small, handmade, blue beaded satchel where she kept her herbs and first aid supplies. I am also a healer. Well, training, anyway. She laughed nervously. .

Last edited by Danaë Aston on Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah

POSTED: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:03 pm

Avinalora

• Word Count: 171, sorry
  • Date: August
  • Time: Day
  • Form: Lupus

Avinalora and Luna's heads both tilted towards the female. Of AniWaya? Spirit Guide? The vixens were both confused by the term. The healer remember that AniWaya was a pack that was all about spirits and stuff. And the woman thought that the Mist girl was the Pollux's spirit guide, whatever that was. She had never heard of such a term.

"No, we are from Midnight Shores. I'm Avinalora and this is Luna Mist, my ward." The Midnighter responded with a slightly confused tone. Both green bi-shaded eyes and lilac optics were still fixed on the person. Then, the healer trainee decided to speak. "What's a spirit guide? Why did you call me one?" The kit asked while canting her head to the other side.

Then, the young fox heard that the stranger was a healer in training. She smiled at her before she piped up, "I'm a healer trainee, too! The young vixen lost her shy demeanor as she bounced around at the thought of learning more about the healing arts.

"Tried my best but wasn't praised"

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Sergiba

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:15 pm

[000] I do not mind short posties ♥.

Confusion dawned upon the pair of white faces. So, she had guessed completely wrong. Ah, Midnight Shores, she responded quietly, kicking a pebble with her foot-claw. Sorry about that. She looked down at the little fox with kind eyes. My pack, AniWaya, is very spiritual. We believe our souls come paired with another woodland animal. It's just, well, that's what you looked like to me. She felt better after having explained herself. Her stupid mistake. But embarrassment clung to her, and she hoped the two strangers didn't think her terribly dull.

Her gaze flitted between the pair of eyes which stared out from a backdrop of white fur. Oh are you? she asked the fox in an adoring tone. She looked back to the jackal hybrid. And are you? Have you found anything good around here? Danae had yet to scout the valley for ingredients. It was part of the reason for her evening walk, though she only had a short time before she would need to return to Bo and the cooked rabbits.

I'm Danae. .

Last edited by Danaë Aston on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah

POSTED: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Avinalora
"Memories where did you go?"
Why muse? Why did you plummet?
WORD COUNT

Luna's purple eyes blinked both inquisitively and shyly towards the AniWayan. She had never been confused for something that seemed so powerful before. Avinalora smiled at their new acquaintance and said, "Don't worry, I've had worst mistaken identity before." She briefly remembered those two experiences when she was a loner and being mistaken for an AniWayan with her spirit guide didn't seem half as bad. At least she wasn't thought of as a threat and attacked like what had happened to her before.

Then, the young grey fox spoke. "Spirit guides seem very important. Do you have one?" Her head once again canted to the side. What if she or her brothers were someone's spirit guide? What if Tyler, Eclipse, or Onyx was someone's spirit guide. The young vixen hoped not since those were her family members and if they were someone's spirit guide, they would have to leave.

The moon-washed maiden looked up at the she-wolf and answered her question. "I'm teaching Luna how to identify herbs correctly but we haven't seen really anything."

"It's nice to meet you, Danae." The young vixen responded with a nod. The older foxlike Luperci dipped her head in acknowledgment.

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:35 pm

[000]

She realized after she had asked for their names that they had already given them to her. Another silly mistake. Danae thought that there must be a lot on her mind, perhaps things she was only subconsciously aware of. Usually the Aston girl was not so airheaded and forgetful. But the two of them took no notice, none that they expressed, at least. The others ,Avinalora and Luna, even offered consolence, the jackal saying her identity had been mistaken before.

The young fox asked further about spirit guides, to which Danae shook her head. No, she sighed. Not yet. But i hope my guidr will appear to be soon. It is a very important aspect of being an AniWayan wolf. Danae grew impatient about her lack of a spirit guide. But she prayed about it often, knowing her guide would find her with time.

you're teaching her? Then you must know about herbal remedies and medical aid. I am just a beginner. she spoke. She glanced over her shoulder at the camp she and Bo had built together. The scrumptious scent of cooked rabbit wafted towards the three females. She returned her blue eyes to the snowy pair. My friend Bo has cooked some juicy rabbits. Would you two like to come with me and join us for supper? We could discuss healing as we eat .

Sarah

POSTED: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Avinalora
"The way that we are Is the reason I stay"
Lupus| Day | Wentworth Valley
Sory that it took me so long to reply!
WORD COUNT

Avinalora glanced at Luna who was looking wide eyed and Danae. The young fox had only been around mostly Midnight Shores members and now meeting someone from a totally different pack must be exciting for her. The medic had her share of experiences regarding other packs but AniWaya's culture seemed quite different. When the jackal siblings were considering packs, the southern pack had been thrown out because of the southern location and how the other loners had described them as spiritual folk which they had rejected because of the atheist beliefs the adopted brother and sister shared. Now hearing about the spirit guides, the foxlike Luperci briefly thought about what would happen if she had joined that pack. Which one of her companions would become the guide for them? She didn't think it would happen that way, though.

The silver vixen gave a slight shrug at the AniWayan's comment. Most of her medical knowledge was in remedies. She could treat wounds but doing stitches was out of the question for her and her ability to recognize illnesses was limited to things she read or heard. The Pollux had some skill in treating mental disorders with herbs but that was really all she knew. "I'm well versed in herbs but I'm a novice in all the other aspects of healing." The Midnighter said honestly.

The smell of cooked rabbit wafted down from where the woman had come from. The moon-washed maiden briefly remembered the small snack of dogtooth violets and berries she had brought for her and her apprentice. She glanced back at the juvenile who looked pleadingly at her before she responded. "That would be lovely. Thank you for the invitation." The former loner responded with a smile.

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:30 pm

[000] what wait? You're a very fast poster! ♥.

Danaë enjoyed the spiritual aspects of the Great Tribe, and subsequently of AniWaya. It provided her with a way to seek hope and purpose, whenever things in her life seemed bleak and pointless. She was, however, growing impatient to gain her own spirit guide. It was difficult to watch the wolves around her spending time with their guides. Hers would cone in time, but that did little to console her.

Avinalora piqued her interest when she said she was well versed in the study of herbology. Perhaps there was a thing or two she could teach her. Wonderful! Let's talk about it at camp. the little fix, Luna, had accepted to join them for supper, her companion nodded her agreement. Danaë turned and reached her hand outward, wiggling her fingers, beckoning them to follow her. The campfire was in sight, sending billows of gray smoke skyward. She could see Bo Quayle sitting crosslegged tending to the rabbits and smiled.

That man is Bo, my best friend companion. He's very kind. Much as Danaë wished to make a joke abouy him, she could not, and now was not the time, anyway. They approached the camp, hot air warming the area surrounding the fire. Bo looked up at the three of them and grinned.

You brought friends, Danaë, he observed nonchalantly, waving his spotted hand. Rabbits are almost done. There should be plenty for all of us. He stoked the fire, then poked the skinned rabbits sizzling in the cast iron pan. Danaë spoke, Make yourselves comfortable, Avinalora and Luna. The Aston girl motioned towards the furz spread in a circle about the fire.

Sarah

POSTED: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:25 pm

Avinalora
"We're different"
Lupus | Day | Wentworth Valley
Yeah, this is a late reply since I normally respond in one day
WORD COUNT

Avinalora looked ahead in the direction that Danaë beckoned them in. She couldn't really discern the fire and smoke she could smell from the blurry images she saw. Luna could tell that her sister couldn't see it and walked a bit ahead of her to guide her towards the camp. The older vixen was thankful for the young fox's subtle movement as it helped her greatly and made it easier for her to hold up the guise of sight as her vision wasn't very good.

Once they got to the camp, the healer could see a man tending to cooking rabbits. He seemed that he was of dog descent and had vivid white markings over his face. Then the AniWayan female introduced him as Bo, her friend. Bo gave them a smile and the silver fox returned it close-lipped. The juvenile smiled shyly at the Luperci.

The male AniWayan spoke to them before returning to the fire and the coffee-furred woman gestured them to sit on the furs. Both vixens padded towards the smaller one and settled down. The Pollux wondered if she should offer them some of the greens they had as she wanted to contribute to the meal. Her protégé beat her to it. "Would you like some of our food to go along with those rabbits?" She asked and pulled the small leather pouch out of the satchel and pushed it forward. The grey fox was unaware of how other's choice of food differed from her and her guardian's. Sometimes dogtooth violets and berries wasn't appetizing to other canines.

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics