Through many dangers, toils and snares

Sky brothers thread

POSTED: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:56 pm

AW for one please. This is for the ongoing Salsola event: Sky brothers.

Some hours had passed, early morning giving way to afternoon and still she felt unsettled. So rare was it for her to spend any extended periods of time outside of the thistle kingdom, the world outside of its borders was rather intimidating in ways she’d not predicted. Whilst one might argue that, as a slave, she should fear the pack that kept her from her freedom, that she should condemn the master that held her chains, she at least knew what to expect there.

Out here, in the lands where everyone was king, yet at the same time no one was, the rules were unfamiliar to her. Mixing in the fact that she was specifically out in these parts, to assess the unknown and the foreign, strange symbols and happenings – to please and aid her master, the pressure of doing a good job simply deepened her anxiety.

Shivering where she stood, slim hands clutched at the small bag hanging from her. Its contents were simple and to serve her masters purpose; writing equipment to document her findings. Silvered eyes widened and cast around her, large ears flicking back and forward, over sensitive to every little sound with her guard so highly raised.

This was where he’d sent her to look. Now if only she could find the strange symbols to begin working at the task.

Art by Remarin

Amazing grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Kitty
Mate to Heine

POSTED: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:23 pm

Avinalora
" I was born but I wasn't raised
The big wheel, the black space
Tried my best but wasn't praised"

A silver shape moved through the forest. She was quite small and a fox-like tail swayed behind her and her oversized ears were pricked. Mismatched green eyes scanned the area in front of her, one eye not processing anything and the other only seeing blurs. Walking in her two-legged form, the girl was clad in a moss-hued mini dress with long sleeves and black leggings. Slung over her shoulder was a simple satchel.

Avinalora had left early in the morning for the mainland. Her main reason was for collecting herbs, though she liked to wander around. She had no plan of what herbs to gather, but if she found something useful, she would take it. The vixen had no companionship this morning, which was quite unusual but she didn't mind being alone in her thoughts.

Then, the moon-washed maiden scented someone. The stranger was a female Luperci who seemed like she was a jackal and had a pack scent that seemed to have been mixed with earthy smells and flowers. The jackal smell made the she-jackal feel a lot more trusting of the female and she decided to follow the scent to the owner.

The alabaster fox caught sight of the woman and decided to greet her. "It's been a while since I've seen a fellow jackal around here." The Midnighter said with a smile

Optime | Morning | Sticks and Stones |
Mind if I join?

WORD COUNT:

Image courtesy of [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/48141388@N07/5321022942/[/url]; table by the Mentors!

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Thanks for joining! I forgot to state this is in drifter bay; where the SL mini plot is based.

Sighing softly, she fingered a strand of loose hair; some always fell free from her bun, no matter what method she applied the abundance of pale locks. Casting silvered eyes around herself, she could honestly admit to see nothing that screamed out of place; looking for something strange was rather, as she was quick to discover, a difficult endeavour. Mulling over the situation, she remained stood where she was, motionless except for the twisting of that singular luck between thumb and fore finger.

One ear flicked back at the sound of a female’s approach; the females scent had long since betrayed her presence, carried ahead along the winds, so it was not a surprise that the stranger was near. What was strange was that the female had zero’ed in upon her and spoken to her. If she were to gain information by approaching others, she’d of preferred to work with males if there had been a choice in the matter; they were so much easier to manipulate and predict, for many possessed one track minds and saw little more than her surface visage.

Females were always a distasteful thing to have to deal with, yet for her master she would push forward and try regardless.

“This one has lived here a long time,” her accent was intentionally thickened, her sentence structure loosening to imply lack of language knowledge. Hesitantly she turned first her upper body to face the female, glancing briefly before shifting her paws to face the women fully.

“Can this one help you?” females love to talk about themselves, to be pandered to. Getting her talking would be the first step to figuring out if the silver pelted jackal knew anything of use to her and her master.

Art by Remarin

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Kitty
Mate to Heine

POSTED: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Avinalora
"I don't know where you're going but do you got room for one more troubled soul?"

Soon, Avinalora had gotten close enough to see the details of the jackal. The woman's hair was a beautiful shade of silver that her eyes complemented. Her fur was the pure one the she-jackal recognized after running into a pack when she was traveling. It seemed that she was a pure-blooded jackal since the hybrids that she had met didn't carry the coloration that purebreds carried.

The medic couldn't identify the accent the stranger carried. Her sister probably could have recognized it but the older sister had only heard British and normal accents, not this one. The thing that unsettled her was the way the jackal woman referred to herself as "this one". The term seemed like a demeaning term for a person, not referring to themselves as if they were that person. That sparked the question of why the jackal used that as a pronoun. Maybe it was low self-esteem? The ivory female wondered if the woman had some sort of trauma that caused her to refer to herself in that manner. Abuse? Abandonment? Neglect?

Then, the stranger asked the Midnighter if she wanted assistance. Avinalora would give the woman respect and judge the reaction. Perhaps even befriend her which the medic hoped that she would succeed at. The foreign woman deserved kindness in her book, and the former loner would be damned if she didn't offer it.

"I wouldn't require assistance, miss but I wouldn't mind helping you if you needed it." The moon-washed maiden responded with a friendly smile. The woman had a pack-scent on her and it wasn't Midnight Shores, Inferni, Cour des Miracles, AniWaya, or Sapient which left Krokar, Salsola, Casa di Cavalieri, Vinátta, and Anathema. The flower-scented woman was most likely a pack member or a former one.

"So, what's your name?" The monochrome girl asked in a friendly tone.

Avinalora could be the next Sherlock. Also, for some weird reason, in my head Abeni sounds like Cheza from Wolf's Rain
Word Count: 306

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:12 pm

Abeni muddles her scent some, as per Salsola's policies / denoted in her signature :3

Internally, every fragment of her froze within that moment, thoughts ceasing at the stranger’s question. There was no way for her to know where she came from; her scent was too mixed to pin point specifically to Salsola. No brand was worn or identifying feature that could have given herself away, the female certainly a stranger so there was no chance of them having crossed paths before.

She was guessing blind, for nothing the slave had done or said would point a finger at Salsola. Never would she reveal her identity, nor would she reveal who she served. Especially not to a female, who was quickly growing detestable with her presumptuous attitude.

Twitching an ear, she simply looked at the female confused – slaves, after all, were masters of hiding their thoughts, of controlling their body language and what they conveyed to the world around them. A lesson learned to best please masters with volatile temperaments; she had no choice but to learn, less she accidentally implies insult with an emotion betrayed in her expression.

“Sal – so – lah?” sounding the word out, her brows furrowed with open confusion, her head tilting to the side, hand lifting once more to tuck away a wayward strand. Honestly, the female was a fool if she so brashly confronted a Salsolan as such; luckily, she got a slave and not one of the more vindictive creatures that resided there, like her master or the queen he’d taken to his bed.

“No need help. Just curious about them. The shapes, in the land. Not normal,” angling her body slightly towards the direction of the shapes, her silvered eyes lifting to the females face, before she shrugged and pointed in the general vicinity of them, to better indicate her intent.

“Curious,” repeating the word, she hoped that the implication of a foreigner not understanding something would be enough to draw out any information the female knew on the matter, if she knew anything at all.

Art by Remarin

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Kitty
Mate to Heine

POSTED: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Avinalora
"Baby seasons change but people don't"

Avinalora noticed the confusion that the woman displayed. There were several possibilities why the question had brought confusion to the woman's face. The woman's scent was muddled in flower scents but the vixen's keen nose had picked up the scent of a pack hidden beneath the flora aroma. Maybe she was surprised at the fox had scented it, but pack scent wasn't hard to smell. But the woman had responded in a confused manner which may have been faked or genuine. But she wouldn't be swayed from her deductions. It was hard to completely wipe out pack scent unless it had been a while. The medic could guess that the stranger hid an allegiance because of hostility towards the group. The silver female didn't know which pack was hated, but her sister did feel strongly against Salsola but the woman could be from another pack as there were several other packs that the medic had not scented. All she knew was that the woman wasn't a loner. The vixen felt that she should explain to the woman how she came to the conclusion.

"Pack scent is very hard to hide, and I have a strong sense of smell since I'm nearly blind." The moon-washed maiden explained in the easiest words possible. And then she added, "Don't worry, I'm not very biased against packs, and I'm from Midnight Shores."

Then, the jackal woman asked about the shapes which the monochrome jackal had just noticed. There were shapes carved into the trees that the woman was curious about. She didn't notice them but wanted to learn about them, too. Maybe there was some sort of pattern to the shapes. Did they only appear on certain trees? Was it some sort of code? Was it simply a hoax? "They seem quite interesting, I was thinking of investigating them to see if there's a pattern."

Avinalora has a very good sense of smell
Word Count: 311

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:06 am

“Rude. You are rude and presumptuous. Because English no good, you assume slavery? Scent not of Sal – so – lah but of mate. So rude,” frowning at the female now, she crossed her arms over her chest, looking straight at the females face and conveying openly her dislike for the other. This child knew nothing of her and made assumptions she knew nothing about, things she had no way of knowing – if she were to be scented for anything, it would be the scent of her master and his personal domain, rather than a direct tie to her pack.

Isolated in her lifestyle as she was, she lived only with him and around his family. As leader, his scent was integrated into Salsola's as a whole, which was how she may be noted for Salsola, yet that would require someone knowing Lokr, being able to pick up between what was her natural scent, what scents lingered upon her and what she herself had added to her scent. No good sense of smell would make it possible for this stranger to identify her as a member of Salsola (for she was not, but property of a member).

“Leave. You are rude and not nice to be around. You no make friends if you call others slaves. Loner, not Sal – so – lah. Rude child,” lifting her head, she snorted in disgust, turning her back to the female, a show of attitude and courage that very few would ever believe her capable of. The meek slave still had some spine within her and she would not, could not, afford to have her identity revealed by some stranger playing foolish guessing games.

Art by Remarin

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Kitty
Mate to Heine

Dead Topics