Biting at our tethers

[p. Avinalora]

POSTED: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:05 pm

< Lighten up, Nico, > whined the woman in her rapid-fire Italian as she jumped from rock to rock along the stream. Along her back bumped a light pack that held her few possessions, carted over from across the sea. < I'm not going to fall in, > she snapped at the man walking shortly behind her. He looked horribly antsy as he watched her, his hand gripped tightly on the decidedly much larger satchel on his back. < J-just be careful, Adi, > he nervously offered back to her, knowing that he could not win a verbal fight against her. Not that he ever could to begin with.

She bounced along the rocks until, sure enough, her footing slipped and she felt herself sliding toward the river. Before she could so much as yelp or shout out, a sturdy hand grabbed her by the arm and tugged her back to where it was dry. < What did I tell you, Adi? > he said, his tone getting annoyed at the way the young woman was behaving. Like a child, not like a woman who lived in self-imposed exile from her wealthy upbringing. Survival had not quite sunk into her head, but at least Nicolas had been keeping an eye out for them, even if he was a little naive, too.

< I'm not a child, Nico, will you lay off? > she countered, hands on her hips as she turned to stare at him. He was far taller than her, yet she seemed that much grander than him. < Let me have some fun now and then! > she said, voice rising. Nicolas looked decidedly more cowed but he didn't know how to answer her properly.

bad starter go!

Adrianna Julia
So let go of wrong and right, cause who wants, who wants, who wants to dance all night?

Player WikiCharacter Wiki

Gen
Luperci
more than just a dance

POSTED: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Avinalora
With heaven above you there's hell over me

A silver form walked along the path that went along a stream. Her appearance was quite different from the wolves, coyotes, and dogs that frequented Nova Scotia. Her fur was silver, a color that was quite strange for her species and a foxlike tail that was one of the reasons one would often confuse her for a non-luperci had she been standing in her four-footed form. Her ebony hair was pulled away from her face, her left bangs covering the corresponding eye. If someone could see both eyes, one would notice that they were two shades of green. She was clad in a green anorak and jeans, her short fur useless against the cold air.

Avinalora was once again roaming outside of her pack's boundaries. It was normal for her to be alone despite her vulnerabilities that she powered through. She wasn't accompanied by a companion, none of her foxes, birds, or friends had come with her, which was usual for her.

The sounds of a foreign tongue gained the moon-washed maiden's attention. She didn't recognize the language, having been born in a normal-tongued land. There were two voices, one masculine, and the other feminine. The language they spoke was quick and loud. She sniffed the air, smelling two scents. Both had the loner-scent that was familiar to the former loner and they were both Luperci.

"English sounds a lot less regal than the one you're speaking>" The Midnighter said, announcing her presence.

Optime | Day | Sticks and Stones | NPCs |
Akward Avinalora is awkward

WORD COUNT:

Image courtesy of [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/48141388@N07/5321022942/[/url]; table by the Mentors!

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:45 pm

They both whipped around at the sound of a voice, the man decidedly startled and nervous, the woman smiling happily at the stranger. Nikolas' brows furrowed and he gave a furtive glance at Adrianna, who did not meet the look at all. He siddled closer to her, even though the female before them was decidedly smaller and looked like less of a threat than the cats that roamed a few villas in Rome.

"Maybe, but it is a language of romance," she countered with a laugh, her accent heavy in the English words. Italian may have been her native tongue, but her former stance in life had left her privileged and educated. Her family dealt in trade and her relatives all knew a second or third tongue as need be. The local one here was her secondary, though she had a smattering of a couple others. At least it was easy to understand. "Do you speak any other languages?" she boldly asked, stepping almost delicately off the rocks and toward the white female.

< What are you doing? We should go! > Nikolas' arm shot out at hers, though she shook off his clutching fingers. He almost whimpered at her, and looked furtively around. Adrianna was getting tired of his nagging; he was so jittery, as though her family might find them here. It was hilarious; this was probably as far from true civilization as they were going to get. Why would they be found here?

bad starter go!

Adrianna Julia
So let go of wrong and right, cause who wants, who wants, who wants to dance all night?

Gen
Luperci
more than just a dance

POSTED: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:30 am

Avinalora
"Your heart-whiskey eyes will fan the flame"
Optime | Day | Sticks and Stones
I made some assumptions, correct me if I'm wrong!
WORD COUNT

The pair of loners turned to look at her, both having different expressions. The she-wolf wore a smile while her companion looked anxious. He slid towards the woman which was new for Avinalora. Most Luperci she met didn't see her as a threat; she was petite and had barely an ounce of extra muscle on her skinny frame. Both of the travelers were taller than her, so why did the man act as if she was a threat?

When the woman spoke, her speech was heavily accented. Her "a" sounded like the "a" used in "father", her "e" sounded like the "e" in "vendor, her "i" sounded like the "i" in "naive", and her "u" sounded like the double "o" in "goo". The she-jackal would ask her sister later if she knew what sort of tongue they spoke in. She could probably mimic the accent and repeat it for Adrian since she had come from London and could identify it. The woman responded, calling it "a language of romance" but the vixen didn't exactly understand that but she shrugged. The the foreigner asked if she knew any other languages. "I know only common-tongue." She responded.

Then, the female walked towards her which made the man grabbed her arm and spoke to her in the foreign language. He was like Jarix and Cobalt mixed together with twice the paranoia. The monochrome fox thought she could try to calm his nerves. Either that or dose him with thyme which was used to as a calming agent or maybe tea because he seemed a bit jittery. "I can barely fight my way out of a paper box and I'm a healer." The moon-washed maiden called out, directing it at the male. "My name is Avinalora" She added, pronouncing her name a bit slower because her name was somewhat long and prone to mispronunciation.

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:28 pm

Adrianna smiled at the woman, shaking off Nicolas' protest without much thought to what he was saying. She felt less threatened than at a feast thrown by Severus Scipio. That was all hands and no manners. This was polite conversation between strangers in a strange place. Somehow, she felt that much safer here than at any banquet hall in Rome.

"That's a pretty name. Isn't that a pretty name, Nico?" She flung her head toward the man, who merely gaped at her with a slight scowl forming between his eyes. He barely understood the language, though he was understanding it a little more whenever Adri demanded that they practice it. "S-si," he said, deepened scowl aimed at Avinalora. Adrianna gave a loud scoff and elbowed him promptly in the gut. He grunted and placed a hand on the spot, mumbling slightly as he picked up the cat that had finally managed to find them. It meowed in his arms, staring at the stranger through lazily lidded eyes.

"I'm Adrianna Julia. This is Nicolas, and that's my cat Bast." She smiled as she rubbed under her Mau's chin, ignoring the huff Nico gave. She did not list his name, mostly out of habit; his name had not mattered much at home beyond what to say when calling him to work. "We're from across the sea. Where are you from?" she cheerfully asked, almost bouncing away from the cat and man and toward the other female.

Adrianna Julia

Gen
Luperci
more than just a dance

POSTED: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:55 am

I don't care what you think, as long as it's about me

A small smile played on Avinalora's features as the woman commented on her name. Not many had called her name "pretty". Not many people said that to her, normally nobody mentioned it. Brownie points went to the woman. And the vixen also learned the man's name, "Nico". But the man seemed guarded and hostile. Was Nico the she-wolf's bodyguard of some sort? A family member? A servant? And then he responded in the same language they had originally spoken in, though the medic figured he had agreed, or at least she thought he had. The man somewhat reminded her of Adrian's companion, Cobalt who was always hostile towards outsiders. But at least the feral male calmed down once the Shadowryn had assessed the threat. The man still hadn't lost his scowl despite the medic's appearance and peaceful intentions and then was elbowed in the gut by the female.

And then the woman was joined by a cat. Absentmindedly, the moon-washed maiden meowed a greeting towards the feline. She knew feline and she always treated Eclipse as an equal, so why shouldn't she treat this cat equally as well? And then the stranger introduced herself "Adrianna Julia", the man as "Nicholas" and the cat as "Bast". The woman's name was very close to her sister's name which made the jackal like this woman even more.

"It's nice to meet you Adrianna, Nico, and Bast>" The Cygnus replied. She had intentionally used the diminutive of the man's name to see his reaction. She didn't mind pushing any buttons either. Why did this man still think of her as a threat? She wasn't much of a Luperci in appearance at all. Maybe she should have treated the wolf with more respect so that he would respect her, but she saw no point in that. She would only reciprocate respect, not give it for no reason.

And then Adrianna told her that they weren't from here, which was what the foxlike Luperci had figured. And then the woman asked where she was from. "I'm from across the sea, too...Sort of." The monochrome jackal responded before adding, "I'm a part of Midnight Shores, and island-dwelling pack."

So sorry for the late response!
Word Count
Avinalora

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:00 pm

Adrianna pulled a face as the other woman made cat noises at Bast. The cat, mercifully, did not react other than narrowing her eyes and flicking her tail in an amused manner. "Salve," greeted the cat back in an accented Latin, glancing at the woman. The cat was well versed in the high-speech that the canines spoke, though she knew little to no English, which put a damper on any sort of conversation on that sort. It gave Adri time to pull herself together; canines meowing at cats was not something she was used to, though she had seen it plenty in the families with affinities for other animals.

Not that her mother ever encouraged her to meow at cats herself.

The man huffed a little at being greeted, but it was more so acknowledging her. He understood a handful of words of English, mostly because Adrianna had pressured him to learn some. Stubborn, the man was slow to learn but languages were not his forte the way they were her family's. "Don't mind him, he's just overly cautious about everything," she drawled out, waving a hand in the air and rolling her eyes. Nico did not understand and neither did Bast, so neither said a word on her comment.

"Midnight Shores? An Island? How does that work out? Did you have to take a boat back here?" Questions rolled off her tongue like easy waves, her smile twitching wide. "How come you're so far?" More questions.

Adrianna Julia

Gen
Luperci
more than just a dance

POSTED: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:49 pm

Smaller means faster

Avinalora noticed the woman had made a face when she had spoken to Bast. She thought that it was only polite to greet the cat. When she had met Vesper, the Inferni leader, the Infernian had greeted their birds in bird tongue. Was it not acceptable where Adrianna had come from? The cat had replied in high-speech, a foreign tongue but it sounded like a greeting to the vixen's ears.

And then the man, Nico had just huffed when greeted. Did he not understand common tongue? Did he not like jackals? Did he not like meeting new people? The explanation the Julia woman had offered reminded her of her brother, Jarix. He was overly cautious, but he was always polite to new people. This man was indifferent to the jackal medic, and she wasn't exactly a fan of that sort of people. "Kinda seems more indifferent and paranoid than anything." The Midnighter said with a shrug. She hoped that the man didn't have a good grasp on English.

And then the she-wolf flooded the silver maiden with questions about Midnight Shores. A small smile graced her face as she talked about her pack. "It's on an island that way." The monochrome fox said, pointing in the direction of her pack. "Midnight Shores's territory covers the whole island, a beautiful place with a nice town and forests. I took a ferry to the mainland and I enjoy exploring outside of the 'Shores."

Sorry for the late reply!
Word Count
Avinalora

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:32 am

Adrianna looked at the jackel girl with slight surprise before laughing. Nico looked at her funny, feeling out of the loop. Of course he was out of the loop, he was slow to learn the local language and so deserved it. At least Adrianna thought so. She was not quite as nice as she had seemed when he had canoodled with her in the safety of her father's villa.

"He's definitely those things. He's a little bit of a sourpuss since we're stuck here and I won't let him forget it's his fault." She sent the man an overly sweet smile, but did not translate. She was not eager to start a fight, especially in front of a stranger. "He's not used to being in unfamiliar places with unfamiliar people." Not that Adri knew any better, but she took to it much better than he did.

She raised her brow at the description. An island, but not like Sicily, she realized. Sicily was warm and this island was even further north. Somehow. Did it get even more north than this? And a ferry? It was not quite as provincial as she thought. "Impressive," she offered thoughtfully, turning her gaze in the direction the woman gestured. "Seems like a lot of work, though. Why bother joining such a remote place if you are not going to stay there?" she questioned, mostly musing to herself than trying to prod at the other woman's motives in life.

Adrianna Julia

Gen
Luperci
more than just a dance

POSTED: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Long wait, short post. Sorry
Word Count: 192

Adrianna's laugh brought a smile to Avinalora's face. She was sarcastic a good amount of the time and people didn't normally laugh. Nico didn't seem to understand what she had said, which was good. She had chosen large and intricate words for a reason. Her grin changed into a simper as she observed the man's confused face.

The silver maiden nodded in response to the Italian wolf's assessment. And then a question was raised when the woman mentioned that they were stuck here. Why were they stuck here? Was there a reason? Questions buzzed in the jackal girl's head as she pondered what the woman had said.

Just as the female asked "Why bother joining such a remote place if you are not going to stay there?" A howl yanked the monochrome fox away. It was her sister calling her. A small smile crossed her face as she turned to the source of the call. Adrian wanted her home now.

"I have to go," the moon-washed medic sad before turning away and walking away. Her sister needed her, she knew that it wasn't an emergency but regardless, she needed to go home.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics