Curiosity usually kills cats but not this time

Prudence!

POSTED: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:57 am

Avinalora
"Even though I'll never know what's up ahead, I'm never letting go, I'm never letting go"

A small figure walked quietly down one of the barely discernible footpaths that cut through Colchester Quarter. The Luperci was different from most because of her jackal heritage and was different from most jackals because of her bright pelt. Raven hair was pulled back into a ponytail with a small amount of bangs covering her left eye. The curtain of hair hid her heterochromia afflicted eyes; her green eyes were of different shades and she couldn't see out of her left side. Disproportionate ears swiveled around, alert for anything. She was quite humanized: dressed in a green anorak and jeans that protected her from the cold.

Avinalora was once again on one of her herb gathering trips. Before, those journeys were because of her wanderlust but now they were a necessity. Once all the herbs were gone, there wouldn't be much to gather in the winter that lasted for three moon cycles. If Midnight Shores' herb stock wasn't adequate, they could loose packmates in the snowy time. The frost-hued fox went on these trips everyday. She also frequented the Avalon to see what she could garner from the treasure trove. She had also made a point to stock up on her favorite plants; even putting a container with dogtooth violets to see if she could grow them inside. The vixen enjoyed both meat and plants and the winter would make it hard for her to get them.

The moon-washed maiden was on auto-pilot. She was able to navigate through the trees but didn't notice that she had wandered off the path. And then the scent of meat and the smell of Luperci yanked her out of her thoughts. She wanted to turn back around, but the prospect of meeting someone, perhaps a possible ally pushed her to continue towards the source.

:)
Word Count: 301

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:06 am

A bitter breeze bites the air; though its invisible fingers caress with the gentlest touch, their lack of warmth brings a bitter chill to those with a sensitive hide. Most choose to bundle up in such weather, warming their furred bodies with dense clothing, such as jackets, hoodies, thick pants and other such appropriate wear. For one, however, this was not the case. The raking nails of a wintry wind brought minimal discomfort, and even went so far as to slip the notice of the white goliath that galumphed through the snow-caked paths. Hot breath rolls from her parted jaws, appearing like white smoke against the icy air. Unlike her brethren Luperci, who preferred to stand upright like domesticated beings, Prudence sauntered forward at a slow, steady trot upon her four hulking paws; crushing snow and leaving deep, shameless imprints that mark the she-beasts presence in the area. Her thick, bristly fur acts as a coat of its own, it’s knotted mass thoroughly sealing in the immense heat that her heaving, bulky body produced and shunned the cold that otherwise caused others to chill and sputter in discomfort. If anything, to her, the cold was welcomed.

Great mountains and hills of muscle that lurk beneath the snowy pelt of Prudences fur shift and roll in perfect harmony with one another, carrying the titanic brawn at an otherwise, considerably clumsy and carefree gait; bulging, pulling, coiling, tensing and releasing to propel the bestial mass forward at a leisurely, padding stroll. Her fat muscle of broad pink lollygags out the side of her gaping jaws, flopping this way and that to the steady beat of her movement, flicking rolling saliva this way and that that would, initially, cause the snow to dent with the heat it produced, before it too, solidified and became one with the great body of twinkling ice specks.

Though unfamiliar with the new terrain her wandering paws had trekked her into, the skinny, dead-looking trees that peppered the Colcher Quarter, as well as its terrain, that rises and slopes in numerous hills, doesn’t seem to neither throw off nor bother the giant she-Luperci. However, being an area that Prudence is oblivious to, as well as a spot that was once populated by the humans of old times, the female is arrogant enough to lower her guard and continue on her sturdy way.

That was, until, her paw fell upon that one damned spot.

Prudence heard it before she felt it.
It was quick, but the sound was nothing less than grating upon her sensitive ears – a combination metallic screeching and groaning, swiftly followed by a wet clamping that immediately reminded the Luperci of whenever her jaws clamped down upon the flesh of her prey; slicing through the hide and severing tendons and muscle alike in one easy, swift bite.

The rusted, iron teeth of the aged foot trap that her meaty paw had obliviously placed itself into, cut through her leathery skin with startling ease; browned, jagged fangs cleave deep and squeeze with formidable tightness. Piercing orbs of golden bulge in their dark sockets as the immediate shock wore away, leaving room for the pain to shoot up her bulky arm like a stream of razorblades. Soon, a screech that one could swear even the Gods above could hear pierced the air; scaring away any nesting flock of avians that happened to be in the area as Prudence vocalised her shock and pain in a cry of unbridled wrath.
________________________________________________________________________________

Prudence
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Avinalora
"Do I have to run and hide?"
Word Count: 300
OOC: Avinalora is way too nice

As Avinalora walked towards the noise, a loud roar of pain echoed from that direction. And then the scents came towards her. The person was a female Luperci and the silver vixen could smell a combination of rust and blood. She remembered that that was the same smell she had followed when she had found Jarix with his paw caught in a trap, rust and blood. Before she ran, the medic picked up a stick and prodded the ground in front of her as she walked. It would do no good for the woman if her rescuer walked into a trap. She got to the location of the scream without getting her paws chomped on which was good because she didn't need to be crippled in both legs.

And then she came across the source of the smell and scream. The Luperci that made the cry walked as a quadruped despite being in her Optime shape. And she was massive, taller than the moon-washed maiden's adopted brother. The she-beast was covered in thick white fur, knotted and tangled as though no one had cared for it. Her eyes were yellow and were bulging in pain. She was quite muscular and her claws looked very sharp. The female wore no clothing and her hair had no styling. This added up to a primitive and bestial Luperci and the silver fox wondered if the woman would let her close

"Hello," The ivory jackal called to inform the she-wolf of her presence. "I'm Avinalora, a healer and I wish to help you." The alabaster wolf was caught in a foothold trap and her white fur was stained crimson. Still, the healer didn't come within arm's reach because she knew the female was feral and it seemed better to announce her presence and intention.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:51 pm

OOC: I’m so sorry this took so long! ;; My keyboard has been fucked for days after I accidentally spilled juice on it. Only now have I been able to type up a half decent post without wanting to throw my keyboard against the wall. >_<;;
________________________________________________________________________________

Prudence continues to yowl in a mixture of pain and immediate and intense frustration, her massive body roughly jerking this way and that; causing rusted chains that bolted down the aged trap to jingle and click. Her head violently thrashes side to side, sending spittle and slobber flying left and right from her bared, snarling teeth. Whilst she had been in many fights – the evidence of such littering her body under her coat – never before had she ever found herself caught in a human trap.

Without the experience to properly handle such a situation, in a burst of wrathful desperation, she leaned down to begin savagely biting at the rusted iron that remained clamped upon her torn and bleeding paw. Prudence either did not notice, or did not care about how striking out at the trap also caused her gums to bleed into her mouth, and the taste of blood upon her tongue – despite it being her own – only seemed to further rile up the titanic beast as she bit down with all her might and began to barbarically yank and pull about, all whilst also jerking her paw upwards and back. Unfortunately, her attempts to get free only served to further wound her blood-streaked paw.

Prudences head reels back in another piercing screech of painful anger as she resumes to jump and jerk this way and that to desperately try and get free of the rusty teeth mauling her massive hand.

Then, amidst her horrible shrieking, she heard the voice of another. Her head immediately whipping around to its source; wide, furious, alarmed eyes of intense, gleaming gold nearly seem to burn holes right through the smaller jackal hybrids own. Her hackles, which already stood erect, bristled further as her immense body tightened ever more beneath her scarred flesh. First the trap, and now this.

Avinaloras words seem to fall upon deaf ears, as the goliath Lupercis very first reaction is to try and make a lunge for her! Her bestial mind, in its frenzy, putting the blame of her situation on the stranger rather than her own childish arrogance of minding her step. However, luckily for the smaller female, the traps short chain immediately denies Prudence her ability her attack, with the links snapping tight in a straight line, the white behemoth falls flat on her face in the snow with a deep grunt. Quickly scurrying back up to her remaining three feet, shoving snow this way and that in her wild movements, Prudence leans right back as far as she can – huge muscles coiling and bulging beneath her fur as she pulls back with all her might. Another horrendous howling scream erupting from her maw as her pulling only wounded her more, still, with no hopes of escape, unless she tore her own appendage off.

Prudence
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:58 pm

Avinalora

"I'm still comparing your past to my future, It might be your wound but they're my sutures,"

It took every fiber of Avinalora's being to not flinch when the stranger tried to attack her. From her meeting with the large Sapient, she had learned bravery offered her respect. She knew that all traps had a chain and was lucky that the chain had stopped her from being mauled. The woman was obviously quite feral seeing her current state and the vixen wondered how she would help her. Either the woman didn't understand the common tongue or was deaf. She had identified herself and offered assistance yet the feral Luperci had lunged at her. Still, the medic was intent on freeing her and healing her wound as she would never turn her back on a patient.

"I am trying to help you, ma'am." The Midnighter said in a louder tone. "Please stop struggling or you'll damage your arm even more." She added with a matter-of-fact tone that was spiked with irritation. She wanted to help her but the loner was making it quite hard for her to. She saw the size of the trap that had ensnared the woman's appendage. "I'm going to have to direct you to open that trap because it is quite large." The healer said and then noticed the large wound. The moon-washed maiden began rummaging through her satchel and pulled out several bottles. She decided to explain to the ensnared woman what she was going to put on the wound. Perhaps it would bore her enough to calm her down. "The dock and penta mixture will cleanse the wound, but it'll feel like a cold burn. The horse sorrel will purify the blood and in combination with snakeroot and tormentil, it'll take the rust out of your wound. The marigold, horsetail, and goldenrod will help the wound heal and the bandage is self-explanatory." The monochrome jackal prattled.

:)
Word Count

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:20 am

Prudences head snaps around to bare her froth-dripping fangs at the silver maiden once again as Avinalora tried once more to explain that her presence was a good one; that she brought aid, release, and even relief from the intense cutting agony in her massive, stuck paw. A deep, thunderous snarl echoes through the white behemoths throat, eyes of glaring topaz narrowing in a suspicious, untrusting squint as her wrinkled snout quivered to the rhythm of her unforgiving growls; her hackles rippling and shifting with the constant releasing and coiling of her spasming muscles that knew not whether they should ease their tension to lessen the pain, or remain wild and rigid in their fruitless attempts of escape, as well as harm to the other who stood very near; if only she wasn’t out of reach because of the mighty chain that firmly nailed down Prudence to the one spot with minimal reaching radius.

However, rather than continue to act like a complete primitive and try to lunge for the jackals throat once again, the goliath visibly takes a good moment to mull on the other females words; her eyes swivelling in their sockets, her snarls having quietened into frustrated, thinking growls as she pondered whether or not she should, or if she would, listen to the instructions of some stinking stranger; her bestial pride wouldn’t allow such a thing!

Then again… perhaps swallowing it for just a few short minutes would be better than gnawing her own limb off, or starving. A low, angered rumble rolls through Prudences titanic frame as she glowers in agitation at the prattling she-jackal; she swiftly growing tired of hearing a stream of words she hardly understood and snapping her jaws with a loud, barking snarl as to pull the females attention back.

Prudence
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:58 pm

"I'm not afraid"

"Finally." Avinalora said once the feral Luperci stopped her struggling and summoned her attention back. The explanation had simply been a way to bore the woman and try to get her attention at the same time. She had to be careful though, and keep her guard up. The female was unpredictable and attack at any moment. Just because she had calmed down to some degree didn't mean that she wouldn't hurt the healer. She still question why the woman had not tried to communicate anything other than her anger and pain in roars and snarls. No words had come from the woman which made the vixen wonder. Could she speak? It didn't take a medic to know that the woman wasn't mute, but why wasn't she speaking to her? Did she even understand common tongue?

"Are you going to let me help you?" The Midnighter said in a somewhat exasperated tone. She knew the she-beast must be in a lot of pain and she wanted to tend to the wound before it became infected and made an even bigger problem. She had to disinfect the wound immediately or the female would be incapacitated a lot longer and need even more treatment in which would be hard to give since the loner probably wouldn't be persuaded to stay in one place, or even interact with the medic. She hoped that the antiseptic properties of the mixture she had in her bag wouldn't anger the she-wolf since it felt like a cold burn. And most likely, she would react violently towards the pain and perhaps claw at her.

"I'm going to tell you how to open that trap because I can't." The monochrome jackal said as she hoped the words might garner the huntress's attention. Getting out of that sort of trap wouldn't be hard with the woman's strength. There were levers on each side of the jaws that the woman had to push. One with her hand and the other with her foot. And then pull her trapped appendage out once the jaws had opened. It was quite easy as the moon-washed maiden had learned and she hoped that the brute would listen.

I googled "how to get a dog out of a foothold trap to figure out how to release Prudence. Minor powerplay, I assumed that Prudence had stopped struggling. Will edit if needed.
Word Count
Avinalora

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:34 pm

OOC: Woo! Finally a scrap of free time where I'm not dead with exhaustion!

If she were a beast that did indeed not understand nor comprehend the verbal sounds and noises that formed the words of the globally shared common tongue, she was certainly an excellent interpreter of body language and tone.

The towering Luperci straightens her spine; stiffening the great, coiling tendons of her back and nape; her chest swelling with a deep, inward pull of air through her wet nostrils that expand her ribcage and cause her muscled stomach to suck inwards. If anything, she looked more like a giant, pouting pup huffing after it had been scorned and placed in a corner than a dangerous behemoth. No doubt, the Midnighters question of the proud beast allowing her to provide aid had struck a chord of pride, and since she could not physically assault the hybrid, she opted to puff herself up like a rooster to cover up her wounded pride instead.

A deep, disdainful growl quaking her tongue and shaking her curled lips as she begrudgingly remained stilled. Eyes of a hellish, golden flame glowering at the considerably smaller female. The titanic pillar of white appearing to be waiting for Avinaloras next words of instructions. Prudences remaining paw hung just above one of her cocked knees, the elbow supported on the bent, flesh-covered cap with her free fingers slowly curling and straightening in steady, repetitive motions; the occasional pop and crack heard from those bulging, shifting knuckles as saliva continued to fall and leak in long, gross ropes of slippery clear spittle from those teeth, now only slightly bared in comparison to her previous expression of demoniac hostility.

Prudence
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:31 pm

Avinalora almost sighed in relief when the she-beast seemed to be complying. But she noticed that the blurry shape of the woman seemed to be taking a deep breath. She was reminded of the chickens she had seen around the stables, the ones they called roosters do that. She learned that those birds were prideful and she knew that ones with pride had a hard time admiting that they needed help.

The loner seemed to be waiting for instructions which the moon-washed maiden would be giving. Cautiously, she ventured forwards to take a better look at the trap which she thought was a foothold. Once she had confirmed the type of trap, she stepped away and began giving instructions carefully and slowly.

"There are two levers on each side of the trap. Push down on both at the same time using your uninjured hand and foot. The jaws will open and you can pull your hand free." The monochrome fox instructed, watching to see if the woman would comply. She remembered when her adopted brother had been caught in a similar trap when she first met him. It had taken a lot of prodding the contraption until she found that one of the levers could be pushed down. The medic observed another similar lever and after a bit of pushing each one down individually, she finally pushed both down and freed the teal-eyed man.

"Once you get out of that trap, I'd appreciate if you stuck around for treatment. Infection will set in fast." The jackal mutt added. She desperately hoped she would be able to treat the injury before the she-wolf left. She knew that the woman wouldn't come back for more treatments but she hoped that a mixture of several antiseptic herbs, wound healing medicine, and some other herbs would be enough.

Word Count ➤ 304

Hi!

Jean-Sébastien Guénette | JadedReality & 8Moments | Table by Sammiie

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics