Value matters on the person, not the item

Trading herbs and clothes | Anybody want some?

POSTED: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:44 pm

I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead

A small figure walked through the trees. The figure was petite in size and was covered in fabric. From the little fur someone could see, her pelt was silver. Two large ears dominated her head and a narrow snout that didn't tapper was the only thing that set her apart from coyotes. A large bushy tail was the only appendage that wasn't draped in clothing as it was the only part of her body that could endure the cold. She was dressed in a silver dress with long sleeves. It reached to mid-thigh and was complete with a hood and was fur-lined. She also wore a pair of jeans and a scarf that protected her from the Nova Scotia cold that her desert-adapted body couldn't tolerate. Mismatched green eyes, the heterchromia subtle enough to go unnoticed scanned the landscape in front of her.

Avinalora wasn't even sure why she was out here. She wanted to trade some of her extra poultices and some items her sister had made but wondered if anyone would even see the value in it. She was a fair trader and had some skill at haggling, both of those skills had been taught to her by her adopted brother. But, would someone want to trade her for them? The garments Adrian had made were geared for winter and the two ponchos and cloak could be of value. But herbs?

How did traders even advertise themselves? Did they broadcast their wares by howling? Did they just find clients? The healer considered herself a good tracker, but it was a little bit better to actually stumble upon someone than track them since the firs one would seem to be a mistake and would warrant less violence. Normally, the medic would scent someone or hear them and then walk towards the sound. She liked to meet new people as there were so many possibilities. She could learn from them, she could teach them, she could befriend them, or become business partners.

Finally, the monochrome fox decided not to be a lamppost and see if she could somehow broadcast her wares. She lifted her muzzle and a high-pitched howl rang from it, saying "Herbs and winter garments for sale!"

Trade her anything!
Word Count
Avinalora

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:47 pm

ooc- Hello! Its me again, feel like having a less threatening encounter?
Form- Optime
wc- 501+
________________________________________________________________________________
It was cold, very cold; the kind that eats into you bones and drove most animals into sleep. A light layer of snow covered the ground, though it was thin it was still thick enough to create a crunch and shriek with each paw step. Like snow normally does it clung to toes, legs, arms, muzzle and ears, although on Addler you might be hard pressed to see it as fur was mainly white.

Even though he was bread for cold he still didn’t like it, so he piled on clothing. His normally well-fitting long grey pants hung loosely around his hips, and his long grey shirt flapped like a flag in the slightest breeze. Because of these ill-fitting accessories he also wore a long black frock coat. The coat was speckled with white snow, and hung low by his calves, it was fitted with a row of six dull wooden buttons that secured it in place. The end of the coat’s sleeves where tattered and worn, showing its age. He also had his nick-knack filled satchel across his body, its canvas strap tightened against his coat.

Normally all of his cloths would have fit quite well but he had been sick for a while, and it was a sickness that he doubted he would ever get over. No one could explain why he was sick, he had no signs of a fever, nor did he cough or produce vile. He was just sick that’s all he could be told.

While no one could tell him why he was sick, they were all in consensus in one thing, if he did not get better he wouldn’t likely make it through the winter.

The fact that such a sickly male was walking around would surprise most, but that is just the way he was, suborn. When others would tell him he needed to rest he would simply look them in the eyes and respond promptly with a comment like “I can rest when I’m dead.” or even make a joke like “I’m only half dead, not fully to that point yet.” The truth is though he was scared, but he wouldn’t let them know that.

So here he was walking around just to prove a point, a moot point but still a point none the less. He had walked for about over an hour, and from what he could tell he was good distance away from the fort.

Addler rubbed his two large hands together and let out a long breath between them watching the white cloud rise from the cracks and then disappear. That’s when he heard it. The strangest thing he could ever imagine; someone was yelling in the middle of the woods. “Herbs and winter garments they yelled.” He didn’t know what lunatic was screaming this out but the “winter garments” part caught his attention, and he decided to follow the sound to its source after all what did he have to loose?_____________________________________________________________________

ooc- Holy crap that was longer then I was expecting!
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:33 am

"We'll stare straight-faced, won't hesitate"

Avinalora's ears twitched as she heard someone coming. The ice and snow made it easier for her to read the sounds since it sounded like someone stepping on many twigs at once. The footsteps read as two legged and the noise meant someone large. And then the medic lifted her narrow muzzle to sniff the air. And then every muscle in her body froze. She had smelt this person before and she never forget scents. The she-jackal remembered the meeting they had like it was yesterday. The fear in her veins, the pounding of her heart, the near-panic attack afterwards. She remembered everything.

It was the same male that had attacked the vixen when she had been herb gathering and singing. But his scent was different this time. A unfamiliar pack-scent lingered on him, one that was salty and metallic with woodsy and equine scents mixed in. When she had met the brute last time, he smelled like a loner though the healer did recall a few slight traces of the same pack scent on him. And then another aroma made her stop. He was ill judging by scent and that changed a few things for her.

The monochrome jackal would have run and hid from this man as she had figured that he was unpredictable and dangerous. But the fact that he was sick was something that prohibited her from fleeing. It was her rightful duty to heal the sick and injured. The Midnighter had to help the stranger, she just had to. But what if he became violent again? Her companions and sister were on the island so she was helpless. But he wasn't at his best either so maybe he would be receptive to medical care? He just better not make her sick.

"You look like you're in need of medical care and warm clothes." The moon-washed maiden called out once the stranger came into view. Her voice was clear and showed no signs a fear. If she could act calmly towards a feral Luperci many times her size, then she could do the same around a seemingly violent sick man.

Hi!
Word Count
Avinalora

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:30 am

ooc- Addler is hoping that you can cure him, he is just to stubborn to admit it and may need a little push. Wc- 200+
___________________________________________________________________________________
Addler was surprised by the female’s reaction, at the beginning of his time in Souls he had attacked her. Now here she stood as he approached standing firm and unmoving even though he was twice her size. He was impressed to say the least, even though she was probably less afraid of a sickly male then a fully heathy one.

“I don’t think you can help my medical problem, but I wouldn’t mind looking at your selection of winter clothes.” his answer to here inquiry was short and to the point, and though he tried to smile at her it came out looking silly and strange.

“So what are you willing to trade for?” Addler asked her as he then pulled up his thin frock coat and sat in the snow, which brought a cold chill to his now exposed bob of a tail. He pulled off his satchel and strew its contents in the snow. The bags contents where mainly small nick-knacks from old human homes, small pieces of metal, a few old books, then or twelve homemade knives, quite a few rusted gun parts that had been worn by 30 years of weather, and other small items.

Addler made a motion for Avinalora to sit down with him so that they could discuss some business.
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Avinalora
With heaven above you there's hell over me

The man's comment made a spike a fury course through Avinalora. This man knew that she was a healer, she had told him that last time. Either the wolf didn't remember or he didn't think that she was capable of doing it. Nobody had told her that they didn't think that she could help them. The medic was a very good herbalist and the brute seemed to have a simple cold. She didn't know exactly what he had but if he told her the symptoms, she could think of a treatment plan. But shouldn't the pack he came from have a healer? Every pack did. Maybe he didn't like the healer, or was too stubborn to ask for treatment. The vixen would diagnose him and send a note with him to a healer with the herbs needed to treat him. She just hoped that the healer wasn't incompetent.

"If you don't remember, I am a healer and a damn good one>" The she-jackal responded in a somewhat clipped tone with a hint of anger behind it. She wouldn't let the stranger get away with thinking that she couldn't heal him. "You just tell me your symptoms and I diagnose you, come up with a treatment plan and then give you some herbs, give you a note of the treatment plan and you can hand to your pack's healer." She added with a glare of her mismatched eyes.

The warrior also said that he wanted to look through winter clothes. He looked like he had enough as it was but business was business and the monochrome fox would conduct trade with him. Then he sat on the ground after attempting to smile at her and dumped the contents out of his knapsack. A variety of items tumbled out, mostly human artifacts, books, knives, and other miscellaneous items. And then motioned at her to sit. She sat down with her knees beneath her and looked over the items with a sharper eye. The knives could be useful, the books seemed interesting, and some of the trinkets seemed useful.

The moon-washed medic set the clothing on the ground. A fur-lined cloak, a poncho, two scarves, a pair of legwarmers, and a blanket lay on the snow and she waited for him to choose.

Optime | Day | Forest | NPCs |
So what does Addler have? (sickness-wise)

WORD COUNT:

Image courtesy of [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/48141388@N07/5321022942/[/url]; table by the Mentors!

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

ooc- sorry this took so long. He has PTSD.

“I remember by the way,” Addler said as he looked through the clothes, “I don’t doubt your ability, it’s that the only symptom I have is I can’t sleep.” He picked through the clothing and chose a long thick scarf and examined it.

“When I try to sleep I have these vivid night terrors, they… He trailed off and set the scarf down before looking up at Avinalora, “I’d rather not talk about it. But how about this scarf? What would you be willing to trade it for?”

Addlers dreams haunted him. They were nightmarish visions of his past, all the things he had ever done wrong played back with ghouls and ghasts as the actors and a twisted and demented scenery director. What little light that was in his eyes drained away at the thought of sleep.
Everyone understood yet no one could help, most of his neighbors wished he wouldn’t wake up screaming though.
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:28 pm

Avinalora
"The best things come in small packages"
Form | Location | Time
I am so sorry for the delay!
WORD COUNT

Avinalora didn't know how to help the man. She didn't know what would treat bad dreams, but she could tell that he was sick. But she didn't know how to cure bad dreams and lack of sleep. This guy needed a therapist, not a healer. She hoped that wherever the man came from they had a therapist since she didn't know what to prescribe to cure the ailment he had. So the vixen responded. "You don't need a healer, you need a therapist." She responded and then added, "Do they have one where you come from?"

And then the wolf asked for a scarf. The Midnighter glanced through what he was offering. She did see something that caught her eye, a book called "Fahrenheit 451". She wouldn't mind reading a novel and then pointed at the book. "That book, please" She said and then handed him the scarf. She hoped that the stranger would part with it since it might make a good addition to her library. The book had a picture of a book being burned and the monochrome fox wanted to know why.

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics