Through the Silent Snow

Avinalora~

POSTED: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:34 pm

[768]OMG SHE'S SO LITTLE NYX HAS NEVER MET SOMEONE SHORTER THAN HER <3

It had taken much convincing on her part to get Nuri and Lukos to agree to let the new mother finally take a break from parenting and go out to explore outside in the changing seasons. But even as Nyx had spent so much energy trying to convince the two boys that she would be fine all on her own, the large red fox insisted that he tag along. Nyx was a bit unhappy that it seemed her friends didn't trust her enough to venture out alone, but it was reasonable she supposed, having given birth not too long ago, the snowy female had to ease herself back into life the way she wanted it to be. The strain that pregnancy had put on the three-year-old's body had left her unable to fight as hard, or run as far or as fast. It was something that Nyx would have to correct by throwing herself back into training as soon as she could.

Stepping out of her sleeping den where she had left the grey wolf to watch over the pups while she went out into the main area of her home, the small mother pulled her off-white sweater out of a small pile of clothes that she had collected and tugged it on over her head, the fabric draping down to her thighs as she took a moment to roll the sleeves up to where they no longer hung past her hands, as well as a pair of grey leg warmers that came up past her knees. She hadn't wanted to be all done up like this, but according to Nuri, it was getting too cold outside the caves and she might fall ill if she went out uncovered. Nyx groaned, she could have sworn that she was the one who had raised that fox, not the other way around.

Ears laying flat against her head for a short moment, Nyx shook herself off and set out, making her way to the entrance of the caves with an excitement that was palpable. Nuri followed the petite female outside and watched with an amused expression as she hit the cold air and tensed up against it, shivering before she shot a little glare back at Nuri, as if she could sense that he were about to say. "I told you so." even before he spoke. Nyx pouted as she crossed her arms over her chest, glancing back at the large red fox as he shook out his thick winter coat and yipped in a gleeful manner. The scene that Nyx had walked out on was entirely different than the autumn leaves she'd last remembered coating the ground, the small female shook her head and laughed, taking up a jogging pace out towards the edge of the territory. The warrior may have been a bit worse for ware, and less in shape than she was but a couple months ago, but she could still run, and if she wanted to train her body up again, she had to.

Heading just outside the territory, Nyx thought she might do a bit of patrolling, though she wouldn't engage in any combat, she was sure she could at least call for help if she ran into trouble. Padding quietly through the snow, the white furred female perked her ears as she saw what looked like footprints in the snow a bit off in the distance. The tracks were small, so Nyx who the tracks could have been made by so close to the border, the warrior in her decided to follow them to make sure that they did not cross over into Anathema. "Where do you think you're going?" Nuri piped up as he tried to run in front of the petite Optime.

"I-I raised you y-you know, you're n-not my protector." Nyx countered with a lash of her long tail, but her words were met by a high pitched foxy snarl.

"I'm not the one who might need protecting right now!" The red fox argued back without budging, the long hairs along his spine bristling. "If you insist on being so stubborn, at least let me scout ahead to be sure there's no danger." The fox asked of her, to which Nyx gave a defeated sigh and lowered her ears and tail.

"Fine, but I-I'll be right behind you." The petite snow pelted warrior gave her final answer and the red fox sighed, muttering about stubborn canines under his breath in low speech as he went, drawing an indignant growl from the Optime female as she followed him a bit further back.

Image (c) davebloggs007 | Texture: InterRose | Table by Sammiie

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie
Luperci Mate to Lukos Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:54 am

Avinalora
Mammoth post, sorry. I assumed they are in Wentworth valley.
Word count: 1104 words (holy crap)

Snow had already fallen as a small group trooped through the Wentworth Valley. At the lead of the group was a small female Luperci. From the little fur one could see, her fur was silvery-white. The only appendage left uncovered was a long fox-like tail. Her narrow head and large jackal ears were free from the hood of her long-sleeved dress that went to midthigh. Mismatched forest-hued eyes stood out from here silver face.

Behind her was a small line of small creatures. At the lead was a small fox with light ash-grey fur and fawn markings that graced her ears, chest, and undersides. Bright amethyst eyes stood out from the background of her ash fur.

Another simillarly-hued fox followed the light-hued one. His fur was more darker and his markings were vibrant shades of ginger. He was also larger than the lighter female and had a pair of dark sapphire eyes.

Holding up the rear was a much larger fox. His fur was smoky-grey with an onyx face, ears, tail, and legs. The most striking feature was the uninhabited eye socket with a thin layer of fur around it. He was by far the largest of the group and had a single smoke-hued eye.

Avinalora wanted to teach her wards something important, she wanted to teach them a survival skill. Eclipse was teaching them how to hunt and Jarix had taught them as well. Adrian would be teaching them how to fight once they were old enough. But she hadn't taught them much survival skills. They could read and play chess but those weren't survival skills. She did teach Luna to identify and use herbs but the other two had only a bit of knowledge of herbs. That was why she had brought them out here today, to teach them a survival skill she used often.

"This is Wentworth Valley, have any of you been here?" The argent vixen asked. She already knew that the Mist girl had been here before but she wanted to see if the two males had been here before. She did know that her now-absent brother had taken the boys on outings before but she didn't know where. The first time Avinalora and Luna had been here they didn't get too far and she would think that the kits didn't know much about this area.

"We met miss Danae here." The trainee said. The medic smiled, remembering meeting the coffee-colored AniWayan. She also knew that she had taught her wards manners, calling adults "mister" or "miss" and please and thank you. She knew that if they acted more like Luperci, they might be more respected despite their inability to gain the Luperci virus and shift. But Avinalora made sure to teach them to have respect and etiquette.

"Jarix never took us here," Garrett said and looked at his dark-hued brother. Spencer nodded and then then grey fox looked back at his guardian. The two males were getting along well and the Midnighter could guess that they already saw themselves as brothers. They had hunted together and were bonding as a family which was what Avi wanted.

"Excellent," the Cygnus said. She wanted to teach them "awareness", being aware of their surroundings and use their senses the best they could. She knew there were some Luperci might attack them or predators that might harm them so this was the best she could teach them, too not get killed. This skill had been important for her since she was small and defected. But her sister also knew this skill and practiced it so she knew that it would be a good skill for her to teach them

"Today I'm going to teach you a survival skill," the healer said. She saw how her younglings perked up when she said that. Even the healer-in-training had shown interest in the subject. "You need to learn how to be aware of you surroundings, be aware of the danger before you become prey." Avinalora added. Her hyper awareness had been honed in from her lack of sight that forced her senses to compensate for her lacking vision. She knew that the foxes didn't have to have hyper-awareness but they should be aware of their surroundings at all times.

"How are you going to teach us that?" The silver fox morph asked. The jackal mutt knew that he would be interested in that skill since he was also missing an eye like herself, well she didn't have any vision in her left. Having only half of his vision also called for some hyper awareness since many could sneak up on his blind side. She knew that the Twilight son had a blindside that was very noticeable unlike hers.

"Sit down, first," The heterochromia-afflicted female said as she sat down and crossed her legs. The kits plopped down on the snow and then their eyes were still trained on her, interested in this lesson. This was good since it was much easier to teach a subject that someone was interested in rather than a boring subject.

"Close you eyes-or eye," The monochrome maiden said and the juveniles immediately shut their eyes and eye. This was important since this would shut off one sense forcing the others to come into play. "Now be aware of what is around you. What can you smell? What can you here? Avinalora instructed carefully. She knew that foxes had somewhat keener hearing that wolves.

"What about taste? Eclipse tastes the air," The Ash boy asked. He had hunted and climbed a lot with the grey tabby. His "older sister" had noticed that some of his behaviors were catlike in nature but that didn't alarm her the slightest.

"Eclipse it a cat, Garrett. They have different senses from us," the lilac-eyed fox said. Avinalora smiled seeing her answering the question her brother had asked.

"Correct, Luna," the hybrid said before continuing. "Concentrate on what you smell and hear and then in a bit you will tell me what you sensed." She said and then closed her eyes, her hyper-awareness coming naturally to her. She could smell many different types of plants, trees, the stale smells of a rabbit and vole, and then she scented something. It was a mixture of fox and canine. She heard arguing and decided to ask her students what they heard.

"What did you sense?" the nearly-blind female asked, keeping one ear out for the arguing and making sure that she would notice when the scents became stronger.

"I smelled herbs!" The young healer announced.

"I smelled trees!" The climber said.

"I smelled a rabbit" the hunter said.

* Image by jsguenette (edited) * | | * Table by Aadi *

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:01 pm

[508] lol I enjoy big posts XD though mine is pretty not big

Walking along quietly, slowly following Nuri's trail through the leafless brush, Nyx ceased her arguing with the red fox and simply began to wander, moving farther and farther from the territory which she called home, where her family was, but it wasn't long in her wandering before the snow furred warrior picked up the sounds of multiple quiet voices in the distance, and the scents of Foxes and a luperci female somewhere close by. From the sound of it, it seemed as though there was some sort of lesson going on, though it seemed strange to Nyx that there would be a lesson happening in such a location. There was no protection here, from predators or other loners, and the voices, as far as Nyx could tell, belonged to young creatures.

Nuri continued to scout ahead. The large red fox heard the merry band of voices as well, wandering towards the source as quietly as he could for fear of being detected. As Nuri went however, he thought that if he had detected them already, surely they had all detected him as well. Lying low, the vulpine listened quietly and as it seemed, none of the voices belonging to the group of foxes noted anything about sensing Nuri's approach. With perked ears, Nuri let out a little devious chuckle and decided to raise his voice to the crowd. "I think your students need a bit more practice!" The fox called out, straightening up and wandering into view. He didn't know why he had revealed himself in such a manner, but he knew that he was curious about the three foxes accompanying the small silver Luperci woman. "Sorry to interrupt your lesson, I've never met another fox before." The red furred boy spoke honestly, dipping his ears much in the way a luperci would to signal that he meant no threat, thought the lithe red form was ready to flee at any sign of danger.

As Nyx wandered silently on Nuri's trail, she sighed softly, growing a bit bored, though, as the petite huntress heard Nuri speak, seemingly to someone other than her, Nyx's heart skipped a beat and she rushed forwards to him. "Nuri! D-don't just walk up t-to people y-you don't know!" the pale furred warrior chided him, looking up a moment too late to realize that she too was now in plain view of the small gang of canidae, her eyes widening and her ears pinning back against her head, though it took Nyx but a moment to realize that each of the bodies before her were quite... small. "I'm an adult, don't scold me like I'm still a child!" The fox retorted, his bushy tail bristling as he looked back at her, though Nyx was still focused on the group of strangers and her face twisted into a mask of worry. "A-ah... S-sorry about this..." She murmured, her eyes shifting left to right as she tried to formulate some plan of action in her head should this group decide to try and pick a fight.

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:15 pm

Avinalora looked to see a red fox walk from behind some foliage. He smelled of Luperci and a pack scent that the vixen had smelled before but had no name for. She saw her wards perk up when they saw a fellow vulpine. He commented that they needed more practice and the young Ash boy responded.

"You smell like us! How could I tell that I wasn't just smelling Spencer?" Garrett retorted. He was the most outspoken and fiery of the fox kits. The kit was shocked that he hadn't detected the newcomer. Though the jackal mutt had sensed them a long time ago. She knew that there were three foxes, but the young fox should learn how to sort the scents out.

And then the stranger apologized and said that he had never met a fellow fox before. His mannerisms were canine-like, as if he had been raised by them. And then another female came into view. She was pale and battle-scarred and her purple eyes were simillar to Luna's. The monochrome jackal stood up to greet the woman who was taller than her. She chided the red fox like a mother would do to a child. Did she raise this fox?

"Don't worry, I kind of needed to test their skills." The medic said with a smile after the woman and fox shared some words and the petite woman apologized. Luna took this as a cue to leap forward and begin introducing herself and her siblings. The healer apprentice was very social and friendly to others.

"I'm Luna Mist and these are my brothers, Garrett Ash and Spencer Twilight!." The young vixen said, gesturing to her brothers in turn. The Mist girl had good bedside manner and was very bright. She would make an excellent healer one day.

"And I'm Avinalora, their guardian." The Midnighter added.

Word Count ➤ 308

Short post

Jean-Sébastien Guénette | JadedReality & 8Moments | Table by Sammiie

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:29 pm

[512] ooc text here

The large red fox perked his ears as one of the young foxes in the group protested, saying that Nuri smelled just like them and that he could have just been smelling one of his siblings. This little comment drew a sympathetic look from the red fox directed at Avinalora. If that little fox thought that all foxes smelled the same, their teacher must have her work cut out for her. Nuri didn't condemn those little foxes though, he was young once too, and Nyx had taught him everything he knew from the day she'd adopted him.

As Nyx arrived to scold Nuri, he didn't hesitate to argue back, but regardless, the red fox was unwavering in his loyalty to the white furred luperci. She'd never told him why she had taken him, the day she arrived at his den when he was still just a grey furred kit, she'd told him that his mother had told her to take care of him. Nuri was grateful to the one who'd raised him, and so he'd never had the heart to tell her how he'd heard the crows cawing about a fox carrion they'd found in the mountain a few days later. The red fox shuddered to recall that his birth mother had died and most likely been eaten by crows, but if he were being honest, he didn't remember her all that well.

The pair of companions stopped their arguing as the small female fox leapt forwards and introduced herself and her two brothers. Once the stranger group was done with their introductions, Nyx smiled, though, if she were being honest she felt as if this situation must be some sort of dream, the tiny female had never met someone who was shorter than her in her entire life, and this silver fox looking luperci was a half a head shorter. If Nyx was being honest, it was a bit startling, and she couldn't help but stare a little, though she did have enough of a hold on herself to stammer out her own introductions. "I-I-It's nice to m-meet you all. I-I'm Nyx and th-this is Nuri." She spoke softly.

Upon hearing his introduction, Nuri bowed his head a bit and smiled as he cautiously approached the young female fox who'd first introduced herself. "Well, it's lovely to meet you, Luna Mist." The red fox practically purred, trying to dial up the charm for the first female of his kind that he'd ever seen, though he didn't neglect to greet the two males as well, Nuri was simply a bit flustered at the new feeling that seeing a female fox had introduced in him. Nyx smiled at Avinalora but gazed down at Nuri, a brow raised as she watched him puff up as if trying to seem more confident.

"S-so Avinalora, y-you guys don't r-really smell like you're f-from around here." She idly observed, though half of her wondered if the young foxes had realized until that point that people from different places would have different smells too. "H-have you been t-travelling?"

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

Dead Topics