Muses! <3

POSTED: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Avinalora
  • Word Count: [541]
  • Date: January
  • Time: Day
  • Form: Secu
Hi!

A silver figure walked through Colchester Quarter. She walked in Secui but was the size of an average wolf. She was skinny and didn't have much muscle coating her frame, her longer fur providing a bit more padding. She was long-legged, long-eared, and long-tailed, looking very much like a fox. The woman had a narrow face and a muzzle that didn't taper. She walked on three legs, the left hind leg held off of the ground.

The wraith had a base coat was a light silver, almost white in color. She blended in easily with the winter background. A darker silver grizzled saddle ran down her back, from her tail to her ears. It came from her black-backed jackal heritage and was flecked with black. Her Secui mane was black. The girl's bottlebrush tail had a white tip and swayed behind her. Her eyes were two different shades of green, the left a shade lighter than the right.

The Luperci was adorned with humanistic items. She wore a silver cloak that was fur-lined. A green anorak was tied high around her waist and the hood covered her ears. A satchel hung under the jacket and carried many things. The coat hid a bandage that was wrapped around her shoulder. Around her neck was a pendant, a wooden charm that was carved to represent a moon.

Avinalora had journeyed to Colchester Quarter, staying away from the Dampwoods and the Black River Reserve. She was afraid after the the attacks that had happened. She hoped that there was no one with ill intentions towards Anathema here. But since joining the pack, she had been attacked three times in a week! The vixen should be staying in pack lands but she just couldn't. She was afraid of becoming too attatched to the pack.

Secui had become a mode of transport now for the fox maiden. She had to protect herself even though she didn't exactly thing she belonged with the living. She was frozen, cold and shattered. She was broken, it came off of the silver hybrid in waves and she didn't notice her outward appearance. But she had been snapped in half by the disbandment, and frightened by the attacks.She had been through hell

The Anatheman healer sniffed around for herbs and she was now paranoid. She didn't care about her life much but she had Adrian, her wards, and her companions to live for. So she was vigilant, more than she had been for a while. She had a pack to live for as well, friends to live for. But the memories of her past stabbed her in her heart.

The monochrome fox looked like an unholy cross between a fox and a deer and would probably stun anyone that saw her. She knew that it was fruitless to do so, but that was the only thing she could do. Look for herbs, even in winter. She hated winter, even though she was born in the winter months and looked like one. The child of winter dreamed of spring. The moon-washed medic padded through the winter forest on a hunt. The talisman hanging from her neck, marking her as a former Midnighter though the scar on her palm marked her as Anatheman.

Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Unsplash.com

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:53 pm

She was happy to occupy herself with getting used to what she referred to as the edge of the world. Such things included scouting and tracking, in addition to trying her best not to trespass. It was a difficult task, for the area was thick with the scent of salt water, and at every turn she felt confronted by something new and undiscovered. The trees were different, the plants were different, even the soil seemed thoroughly alien to the pale beast. For now, she was occupied with mental mapping, taking note of significant landmarks, and other things that might help her along the way. As of yet, she lived as a nomad, claiming the wilds as her only home.

Living off the land, she preferred to take her natural form, four legged and unassuming. In this way she could cover more ground while remaining inconspicuous as she blended in with the snowy landscape; her ivory coat pristine, the rusty markings camouflaged with the trees, and silver accents picking up their shadows. She was a winter wolf, and she was in her element. Over and through the drifts, and sparse clearings beneath heavy foliage, around bushes and brambles, up and down hills she meandered; a fleeting blur of creme against the landscape.

The sharp wind tugged at her long tendrils of fur, but could not piece through to reach her skin. Gilded ears pert, swiveling slightly now and then, she maintained focus, trying her best to memorize as much as possible. In between stretches of forests and foothills, she occasionally came across a dilapidated home, unkempt and clearly uninhabited. Concern crossed her pale eyes, but a quick sniff told her that there was nothing to seek out, and that it was best to move on.

When she did notice something of interest, she slowed her gait and began to track, jaws parted slightly, tongue gently touching her front teeth as she tasted the air. It was a canine, perhaps, although certainly nothing that had ever graced her sniffer before. Frowning, she stalked along the beaten path until she came across a peculiar looking creature. She stopped, frozen in her tracks, wide eyed, staring at the stranger. It was not a wolf, and certainly not a dog. No coyote she had ever seen was silver in colour. A vulpine, perhaps? She tilted her head, concerned expression shifting to something more quizzical. Planting her paws, she remained guarded, blocking the way in front of the silver-lined creature, although her tensed muscles indicated she was privy to flight.

Hero
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:49 am

Avinalora hadn't found anything on her quest for herbs, though that was understandable. It was winter after all. But she wouldn't stop; her blood called for her to keep on going. There was no reason for the vixen to keep on going but she didn't know what else to do. She would be damned if she went near the beach, it would be too hard for her to do such a thing. So she walked even deeper into the Colchester.

And then the fox maiden smelled something, or someone. Her near-blindness made her pay attention to her other senses. not much went by her. Especially now that she was more vigilant. The smell of wolf and loner made her hackles rise since she had been attacked by three loners in the past week. why wouldn't she be afraid? But there was also a feminine scent in the air as well and the tiny creature did feel more comfortable with those of her own gender. The scent of a Luperci didn't do much as a majority of the people she had met were Luperci.

The crunch of pawsteps came closer and then the smell of fear pierced the air. The jackal wraith squinted, trying to make out the figure. She was light furred which made it a lot harder but the female did see to be as big as the Anatheman healer and was fluffy. That was all that she could make out and she did want to step closer but the fear scent confused her.

The jackal mutt was possibly the most least-imposing creature ever. The stranger seemed to have at least a few more pounds on her and was probably a lot more dangerous. Maybe it was because she was in Secui? And when she was in her halfling form, she did look quite weird.

"Hello there," The monochrome jackal said softly. "I'm Avinalora. Sorry if I scared you, everyone says that I'm weird looking in Secui." The moon-washed maiden said with a small smile. Faking an almost genuine smile with her broken demeanor was hard. But she tried.

Word Count ➤ 350

Hi!

Jean-Sébastien Guénette | JadedReality & 8Moments | Table by Sammiie

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:53 am

The stranger squinted, as though it was difficult to discern the wolf from the snow. A crease lined her forhead as she frowned, uncertain. She noted raised hackles, although hardly felt threatened by a creature so much smaller than her. At most it was simply perplexing. Was this creature merely an animal, or a being of higher intelligence?

The stranger then spoke, making it clear that she was, in fact, some sort of Secui, or perhaps a misshapen but orherwise common canine. Her voice shook Muses from her stupor, and she blinked stupidly, trying bring herself to the here and now. "Oh," Was all she could manage, but the female went on to explain how others might find her to be an odd hafling. Muses certainly did.

"No, it was not that." She finally managed to respond, shaking her head with a soft smile. The friendly ease with which she spoke was both natural and flowing, the upturn of her lips seemingly genuine. "I have just never seen anyone like you... But I lived almost all my life on a mountain where everyone else looked just like me!" She hurried on to add, chuckling with a flourish of her thick tail. "I did not mean any offense by staring. Her tail lowered as a sign of apology and her tone softened. It was hard not to when everything was seemed alien.

Hero
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:04 pm

The woman's response made Avinalora wonder. The female had lived in a place where everyone looked like her. That was something that the vixen had never experienced before. It was alien to her having been raised in the way she had.

The fox maiden had been raised by a traveling herbalist. In her childhood, she had met many different canines. Wolves, dogs, coyotes, and hybrids. It was rare to meet anyone that was of her own species since jackals were quite rare. From this, the jackal mutt was able to distinguish a lot about people. She knew the difference between Luperci and non-Luperci and she was able to distinguish hybrids to some degree.

"That sounds kind of dull." The Anatheman healer replied. She didn't know how someone could live in such a place without so many different people. Did the female know what a dog smelled like? A coyote? She knew the difference between a lot of different sorts of people and this woman didn't.

"Well, I'm a jackal and my name is Avinalora." The moon-washed maiden said with a slight dip of her head. The monochrome fox felt that this woman was okay.

Sorry for the wait! >.<
Word Count: 194

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics