No sign the roaring thunder stopped in cold to read

Brocade

POSTED: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Optime | Amherst (Biff’s Bar); early evening | Dated early December | cNPC: Mako, NPCs: Apollo, Whiskey (+372)

Own-choice Ambassador challenge thread. Mako and the horses are background NPCs/only mentions for now.

Teagan is wearing her armor, Cavalier rank cloak, and has her sword on her.

A bar.

It wouldn’t have been her first choice for a potential meeting, though—as she looked around with a cold stare at the bar’s patrons—she supposed it was as good as any for a trade in goods. Neutral territory, though, it was far from her own home. Accepting the meeting location would look good on the Cavaliers’ part, she hoped. However, she was not foolish enough to believe that the Luperci around her were in no way affiliated to the Kingdom. Salsola was rumored for its secretive ways, and it wouldn’t have surprised Teagan if the whole bar had been stacked with their number.

Thankfully, her companion, Mako, was outside with their horses, holding silent guard over their goods that they had brought with them.

Casa di Cavalieri and Salsola’s relationship with one another was still in the early stages, a fragile thing that could easily snap at the slightest pressure. The packs having been at silent odds with one another for quite some time meant that there was no trust to be had, only old prejudices to confirm. Teagan certainly had her work cut out for her, though, she trusted no others within the pack with such a task as the one that she had delegated to herself. Still, the War Lord hoped that this individual of the Queen’s made her suffering of the bar goers worth it.

Music played, drinks were passed out, and a few groups were rowdy as they consumed more and more of the alcohol that the establishment was known for. Teagan sat by her lonesome at the bar, a clawed finger tapping impatiently against her mug. She rather despised such drinks, particularly after her near-death experience in her youth. Though, without Indi with her, it made keeping the drunk males at bay a little easier. Her cold stare and chillier attitude were often enough to dissuade them from whatever disgusting thought that had entertained their inebriated mind.

A rupture of loud laughter caused her attention to turn out towards where the bar’s dart board was. The Luperci gathered there seemed to be celebrating someone’s throwing skills. Oh, how Teagan wished that the Salsolan showed up quick.

EDIT 20190102: Forgot to add in what Teagan's attire looks like. Adding it in now for future reference.
Last edited by Teagan Stryder on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
The Brotherhood: Master of Bladed Weapons
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:06 pm

Elphaba had given The Director orders to meet an Ambassador from a pack called Casa di Cavalieri – a pack which immediately had Brocade thinking of a people who were comfortable fighting wars from their horseback. A woman named Teagan had come upon their borders some weeks before and asked to begin a dialogue – a hopeful wish to have the two groups work together towards some common goal.

Brocade had snorted roughly against Elphaba’s dark hair, and it was the only memory which sang to him as he waited in the tavern.

It was a place that he was familiar with. Men milled about in odd numbers groups around the outskirts of the large room, and a pair of pretty women tended to a large fireplace. The flames licked the logs that they poked at with long sticks, their eyes lit up with drink and embers as they laughed and drank from their wooden bowls. He wasn’t sure what the Ambassador looked like that he was supposed to meet, but he watched each patron who meandered through the open door with a languid expression, his tongue lapping at his ale.

There was a scarred brute of a man who stumbled through the threshold with a boorish laugh, a bear pelt thrust across his shoulders. Brocade watched as he greeted some travellers at the bar, and that was when he noticed the woman who sat not far off – her golden eyes hawk-like and sharp. She watched the doorway like a soldier would, her eyes flicking from corners to entrances and back again – her shoulders clad with leather armor and flecks of golden fur.

He rose slowly, taking another long dreg of his drink before crossing the tavern.

Hyacinth had told him once that she had seduced their king before stealing away in the dark of the night. It was a story that he was determined to never recite to Symre.

He rumbled softly upon his approach, brushing long pieces of his hair behind his ears as he found his place behind a nearby stool. The leather that he wore was shiny from training and criss crossed across his chest, though his tunic lay unbound and allowed for some of his chest hair to spring free. He whistled lowly at the thick fur cowl that curled about her neck, her one exposed shoulder clad in leather an a shining sun emblem.

She was fancy.

”What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?” His brows rose, though he made no move to hold out his hand. "You must be Teagan."

He rapped a knuckle on the table and gestured to the barkeeper, "Two more." He canted his head and grinned, "- and one for the lady."

hng

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
you forget I have a gypsy heart
listen to the wild

POSTED: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:22 am

(+561)

Her canary gaze shifted from Luperci to Luperci, though, try as she might, there was no true way to discern a Salsolan amongst the bar goers. The long-known rumors of the Kingdom’s secretive and deceptive ways preceded them, and Teagan very much disliked the thought of not knowing if one of them was lurking about, pretending to be someone that they were not. The barkeep? A boisterous drunkard? A woman of loose morals and lesser regard for her self-worth?

It was part of the groundwork she had to do though, something that she knew she’d have to learn to merely accept unless Salsola and Casa di Cavalieri—or even just her—somehow came to be on friendly and familiar terms with one another. In these beginning stages, as she had discussed carefully with Mako, the Kingdom would be able to know more about her than she would them. Frustrating, but, a necessary sacrifice if she wished to seek any sort of relationship to the rival pack.

One of her mismatched ears flickered as a whistle carried through the din. Teagan glanced coldly in the direction of its caller, finding a tall, muscled male striding towards her. It was a wolfish man whose coat was predominately a mix of greys. There were warmer brushes of greyish-browns that were painted across his cheeks, ears, and forearms that she could see. A soft, off-white hue colored his undertones. His face was scared on one side, as was his left shoulder and one of his ears, hinting that he had seen battle—or, had been on the unfortunate side of a skirmish. He carried himself proudly, and, when he had initially opened his mouth to speak with her, she had thought that he was nothing more than another confident male.

Her nose wrinkled, and her teeth had begun to peak beneath raised lips when the man said her name. All growing aggression ceased in that moment. There was only one of very few reasons for a stranger to know who she was. He was likely one of Elphaba’s men, a Salsolan, though, even though she would have liked confirmation as such, Teagan wisely kept her tongue from asking. In the bar setting and with so many eyes watching and ears to eavesdrop, the man would have likely denied all ties to the Kingdom anyways.

“Depends on who’s looking.” She replied, angling her body towards the man. “I’m looking for a friend of a friend’s. She said that perhaps we might have something in common with one another.” Canary eyes looked him over once more. He looked like he was a fighter with his armor pieces, perhaps a brawler or some other sort of melee type. The look of him was vastly different from the little cloaked jackal that had been at the Queen’s side when Teagan and Elphaba had initially met.

When Spud came back with their drinks, the Stryder offered the ivory wolfdog a polite nod of gratitude before turning her attention back to her new companion. “What’s a boy like you doing in a place like this?” She asked, smirking and echoing back his question with a slight, verbal jab. The two of them were well beyond their youthful days, this stranger probably a year, if not older, than her himself.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:43 am

For some reason her face reminded him of Idrieus. Teagan Stryder was a formidable force of icy-cold, the warm color in her eyes dampened by the obvious set of her dark mouth. There was no evidence of a smile, no shadow of flirtation – and Brocade decided almost instantly that this was a challenge of a glacial scale. When she finally lifted her lips it was not to smile, and he ducked his head with a grin as she exposed a row of shiny, sharp-edged teeth. He shifted his expression to match, angling a leg against the bar as she turned to face him – her two-toned ears twitching as she spoke.

Even her voice was cold.

He pretended to shudder. She really was like Idrieus. Something about the woman was impenetrable - with eyes that were practically glacial. No matter what he did her expression remained the same, and Brocade felt himself rumble quietly - the sound murmuring in his chest as the crowd chattered around them. Despite the noise it was still easy enough to eavesdrop, and Brocade felt his ears twist and turn as snippets of conversation latched onto him like flies.

His fingers drummed the bar as he waited for the drinks to arrive, and as the glasses slid across the dew-dropped surface of the once varnished wood he lapped eagerly – pausing only to cast the woman a sidelong glance. ”Funny, I was told the same thing.” He wiped frothy bubbles from his mouth with the back of his hand.

His eyes glittered, ”I wonder what it could be.” Brocade took a moment to straighten and smooth his hair before leaning over the pair of drinks that lay before him. ”It can’t be our drinks. You’ve only got one.” He scoffed, grinning lazily over a crooked elbow. ”Who are you calling boy?” It took everything in him not to flex his arms or stand to challenge the nearest man to a contest of wills – but he understood that beyond all else he was here to act as a bridge between their two nations.

He was truly a terrible ambassador. Who’s idea had it been to do this in a tavern?

Oh right, it had been his.

Brocade held out his hand to the woman finally, ”It is I.”

The beverage swam through his veins and caused her to appear closer than she was, so when he held out his hand to her it danced crookedly only to bounce off of her armor. ”I didn’t mean-“ His fingers grazed the fine leather and he clicked his teeth appreciatively, ”That’s nice.”

He canted his head, ”I was sent to meet with you."

hng

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
listen to the wild

POSTED: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:13 pm

cNPC: Mako, NPCs: Apollo, Whiskey (background) (+575)

Teagan eyed him, an interested smirk twitching at the edge of her lips. “Is that so?” She asked, sounding interested while not interested. She took a delicate and casual lap at her drink while the man cleaned his mouth of the froth from his own. For all she knew the man was just like any other in there, looking for a woman that might warm his bones and entertain his mind for the night, merely playing along with her words so that he might get lucky. So, she did not engage with him as a if he were a Salsolan, not yet.

The wolfish male continued on with his playful antics, and Teagan very nearly considered ignoring him. “I would definitely say it’s not our personalities either,” she deadpanned, adding to his thought process of what they did and did not have in common. Canary eyes glanced him over once more. “Hmm…not our armor.” Her gaze flicked to his visible scars. “And neither would it be our battle wounds.” She looked away and took another sip of her drink, continuing to be nonchalant.

To his additional question, the War Lord didn’t even spare him a glance, instead, she placed an arm up on the counter, resting her cheek in her palm while she pretended to look at her claws. “Certainly not the wolf to my other right.” It was definitely Brocade. Canary gaze met his golden one then. They were filled with controlled humor, but, there was an edge to them that warned of her patience growing thin.

Either on his own or from her stare, he seemed to sober up somewha—well, in the conversational sense at least. He miscalculated the distance between them, and his large hand smacked into her armor. An apology of sorts formed immediately on his lips before he was distracted by the quality of what she wore, and this spared him a scowl from the Cavalier princess. She batted his hand away before shaking it properly in a firm handshake. “Do you have a name that I can call you by, I?” It was jab at his fancy choice of introducing himself, said with a smirk that showed a bit of her teeth from beneath her lips. He knew her name, so, it was only fair that she had something to call him by.

The man seemed Salsolan enough for her. While definitely not as deceptive looking as the jackal, nor as crafty and dangerous with his words as Elphaba, Teagan could sense that he was dancing around something, and she took it to be his allegiance to the Thistle Kingdom.

“I believe I found what our friend thought that we had in common,” she remarked. She let his hand go, giving him more of her attention now. “My armor is made by one of Cavalier’s finest smiths,” she boasted, proud of her comrade’s work on the gift that he had given her in the previous winter. “I have more, though, I’m afraid it’s nowhere near the quality of this one. Are you interested?”

She sat back a bit, leaning more against the bar as she took another sip of her drink. “Or would you rather talk more about something else?” Within reason, of course. Teagan would, obviously, not be giving out any pertinent information regarding her pack to one that they had less than friendly ties with up until recent weeks.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:04 am

” Well because you asked so nicely…”

Brocade lifted a pinky as he sipped from his bowl and offered a shining grin to Teagan Stryder. The wolf-dog would loathe the day that Brocade Valentine had been sent as an ambassador for The Kingdom. The drink made him limber, and he could feel a certain measure of buzzing that tingled in his lips and made his eyes glitter like perfect gold coins. He twitched his dark nose at her and leaned his elbows upon the counter to smile at her sweetly.

”Battle wounds?” He tapped his chin, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours." Laughter burbled from his throat as he threw back his head.

”Come – let us go somewhere more private my lady.”

The man tapped the bar and asked for two more drinks, both of which he carried with excellent swaying balance toward an abandoned corner of the tavern. It was well shielded from prying eyes with a wall that blocked them from view – and as Brocade settled himself in his new seat, he kicked a chair out with flourish to allow her to sit across from him. His mugs were deposited with a thud upon the table, and as they sat and settled themselves, he glanced quickly about the room to assure that none had followed them or adjusted in their seats to listen as they spoke.

Salsola was a place with many eyes and ears. It was a difficult habit to break, but a smart one.

He tapped the table with a claw as he spoke.

”I am Brocade Valentine, Director of Salsola.” He chuffed at the title – Elphaba had said there was no use lying to the woman who stood before him or presenting her with the pseudonym he used for slipping unnoticed from tavern to tavern. There was a seriousness to his tone that had not been there a moment before – a pride that showed even despite the drink that burbled in his veins. Elphaba had explained the trade proposition that the Knights had presented to her – the strange history that lay between them and the fact that Teagan would act as an Ambassador between them, though this was not her only title.

She was a War Lord and it had him clicking his teeth with question.

He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms.

”What made you seek us out?”

hng

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
listen to the wild

POSTED: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:53 pm

cNPC: Mako, NPCs: Apollo, Whiskey (background) (+701)

Sorry for being slow @__@ My muse for writing has been largely absent for this month.

She grunted at his jest—or, at least, for his sake, it better have been—replying with a teeth-filled smirk, “Hnn, nice try, but, no.” Unlike some men and war comrades, Teagan was not about stripping and comparing battle scars and seeing who had the better story to go with them. While she was not embarrassed by her scars—save for one—she had not been raised in a barn either, and was definitely not about to play the compare and contrast game with a stranger, especially a Salsolan.

The male suggested that they move their conversation elsewhere, and, though Teagan cooperated, she was wary. Her grip on her drink tightened, inconspicuously, ready to hurl it at a moment’s notice. Canary eyes swept over the bar as she followed after him, searching for anything that might have been off; a person too interested in their change in seating, someone moving or behaving as if having received some sort of cue, hands shifting to hidden weaponry. For all she knew, after discovering who she was, the Boss of Salsola had put a hit on her, and the male could have been trying to trap and isolate her before trying to off her.

If worse came to worst, at the very least, Teagan knew she had back up, however, she also knew it would take Mako a short delay to come to her aide due to being outside with the horses and goods.

Her search turned up nothing, thankfully, and it looked as if her fragile, husk of trust in the Salsolans had not yet proven to be a poor decision on her part.

Teagan was led to a more secluded corner of the bar, one that somewhat blocked off the other patrons and definitely put them out of hearing range with the ambient noise. The only way to be overheard or watched would have been for someone to be rather obvious about it. Her temporary companion kicked out her chair for her, and Teagan took it, settling her drink down upon the table as she seated herself across from the man.

Once they had settled, it was then that the man introduced himself, confirming his allegiance to the Thistle Kingdom and even offering his title. “Sounds important,” she hummed as she took a drink. She was surprised to hear him sound so genuine in the introduction, which lead her to believe that “Brocade Valentine” was his true name instead of an alias.

She swallowed and placed the mug back down upon the table. “A pleasure, Valentine,” she acknowledged—in case he got the wrong impression with her first reply. She knew not what importance “Director” held, but, he definitely made it sound like he was far up in the ranks. “As you’ve probably already been informed, I’m War Lord Teagan Stryder of Casa di Cavalieri, a member of the Council.” She thought it only polite that she introduce herself formally, even if the information was already known to him.

Brocade started their true conversation then. “The world is changing,” she replied simply, “And the best adapt to their surroundings rather than naively expect the world to cater to them instead.” She shifted, her canary eyes sweeping back over the bar patrons to ensure that trouble was not lurking amongst their number. “I saw potential where others before me saw a fool’s errand.”

Her cold eyes returned to Brocade. “I am here to see what trade could be had between us. Rumor says that Salsolans have a nose for…unique and valuable things. Casa di Cavalieri may not entirely satisfy that greed, but, perhaps we could provide for the more mundane things in life.” Canary eyes flashed over his armor pieces. “Maybe something more if for the right price.” She forced a smile, apologetic, but, not. “Old grudges, you know.”

Salsola and Casa di Cavalieri had never been allies, nor, had they ever been on good terms in the past. This tentative step that Teagan had taken would have been the first. And, of course, she would not provide the Kingdom with any formidable armor or weaponry that would be used to gain the advantage over the knights.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics