I swear to the earth that I will keep it

Aidan

POSTED: Tue May 14, 2019 1:59 am

Flower gleam and glow,
let your power shine
See the Light, it's blinding

She was gone for most of this day from her little cottage. The small woman allowed the brief wanderlust to fill up her body and followed the whims of her fancy. She chased interesting scents that led her astray, pondered along babbling streams until they fed into rivers that output their volume into the great blue ocean.

There was no particular reasoning for her act of roaming, the vibrancy of the new life filled her with the desire to explore, like a new pup just allowed her first forays from her birth-den. Lucia watched the world unfold with a wonder than had never died as she had grown to adulthood. The scents of wildflowers, and new grass, and the bursting pine buds.

She ran after rabbits and little burrowing creatures disturbed by her passage only semi-seriously. The clicking of her seashell bracelets alerting any prey to her presence well before she had arrived. It was no matter, she did not hunger on this day, only wishing to run with abandon.

The Amarok princess did not rush to return to her lonely cottage, and the sun was beginning its long wane towards the horizon when she set off to return back. Of course, no trip would be completed without her attaining a great armful of flowers to bring back with her.

She took deep breaths of their scents as she stepped in her door, not noticing at all, the still boy who stood in the shadows, watching her.

Ooc | [wc — 000] template by hilli
Loners
Wolf
Jace
Luperci The sun never truly sets
SUNSHINE GIRL

POSTED: Tue May 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Aidan had a secret. It wasn’t a very good secret, and it was probably one that would interest few, but it was his, and he did not speak of it. What felt like many months ago now, Aidan had been rescued from a slow death of starvation. The Luperci had shown him kindness and had suffered no ill effects, which was a strange turn of events, kindness was always punished. What was more, the broken sense of curiosity within the Massacre male, compelled him to return again and again, even after his injuries had healed. Aidan couldn’t grasp why. Why had she helped him? Why did she care? They were both questions he’d asked before, but her answers seemed, incomprehensible.

Another thing that, Lucia, because that was her name, did a lot was talk. She would sing and talk, and he’d heard her laugh. So many words made his head spin, and when she asked him questions in amongst all of her words, Aidan would look at her and say nothing. Aidan had never been a great conversationalist, and social interactions were confusing for him. The Massacre male had watched a great many Luperci, but he had never managed to understand or decipher how things worked. Aidan understand combat, and he had an aptitude for it. While the hybrid was sure he enjoyed the company of others, how to act around them was a little more difficult.

Aidan had finally found a home in Salsola, another one of his secrets, and perhaps one that more people would be interested in, but one that he would not sure, it was his, and his alone to know that. Becoming familiar with the laws of that pack, he had taken pains to mask that pack scent from himself before travelling here.

Lucia’s home was not hard to find, she had spoken of it many times, and as their relationship had grown, he had travelled nearer to it. Today though, she had not met him, and what he was sure was disappointed had crept into him. So he had found the home and entered, taking in the empty place that smelt of her. Aidan had not been there long when he heard footfalls outside, and unlike countless others, he did not panic, he simply checked his weapon and stayed silent.

The kind Luperci entered the place, her back was to him, and deciding that he should start the conversation, Aidan spoke. His voice was the same implacable tone with only the hint of curiosity within int.

”You didn’t come to meet me today.”
Salsola
The Henchman
Draiko
Luperci

POSTED: Tue May 21, 2019 4:52 pm

Flower gleam and glow,
let your power shine

The voice, so unexpected, shook her to the core. The flowers at her nose masked over the scent of intrusion into her small cottage. Nothing had been moved, or otherwise disturbed to give her reason to suspect she was not alone.

Lucia shrieked, and reacted in the only way that seemed defensive. She turned and she threw her bouquet of flowers at the young boy. They rained down, as gifts from the gods and a few stuck to his shoulders, catching in his fur.

Drawing back, she finally paused, seeing him fully for the first time, and she stopped. The Amarok girl pressed a hand to her chest, felt the pounding heart beneath it.

"Oh.. oh you gave me a fright there." Her lips twitched though, to see the stoic boy covered in her attempts at shielding herself. Laughter crept into the corners of her voice.

The boy had taken to meeting with her ever so often, sometimes just to listen to her talk, or sing. Sometimes they were silent, and watched the breeze through the tall grass. Lucia was not an overly chattery person but in comparison to Aidan she wove the words as a brazen banner, back and forth. He was mostly quiet, contemplative, and she did not judge him for it.

Aidan's injury had healed, with her assistance, and he had flown away somewhere else. His scent lost itself from her territory. He returned to visit her, and this was enough, she made it be enough.

He had never come to her cottage however. Until today.

His question finally sunk in. Were her days off?

"Is that today? I.. think I've lost a day then." She peered at him, her eyebrows furrowing, and glanced out at the sunshine filled world through the open door. The temper of the rays called to her. The bursting of multitudes of many differing hues.

It was not lost upon her, that she had not shown to their meeting place and he had come to find her. Her smile threaded with... something. They were forever coming to her, seeking comfort though they would not call it such a thing.

Loners
Wolf
Jace
SUNSHINE GIRL

POSTED: Sat May 25, 2019 6:54 am

The sound of Lucia’s sudden shriek seemed very loud to Aidan, and his ears, instinctively flattened. As she turned and flung her basket, time seemed to slow for his warrior’s eye. In the time it took another to blink, Aidan determined the flowers were no threat. Aidan did not flinch, nor did he reach for his weapon, in fact he remained still, the rain of flowers bouncing off of him and falling, or sticking to him as they would. It was odd to the Massacre male that others were not aware of their surroundings, he had not intended to startle her.

”It wasn’t my intention to ambush you.” He said his oddly implacable tone.

As he spoke he picked the flowers off of himself, holding them. He might have merely discarded them, but he had begun to appreciate that the values others placed on things were not always the same values he held.

Aidan looked strange standing in the small home. A tool of pain and death amid the bright and fragrant things of summer. The stone house, was a home to something kind, gentle and loving, and Aidan stood amongst it, conspicuous with his weapon and scarring. It almost seemed that the mirth was absorbed by him, and never reflected.

He wasn’t sure what else to say, how to continue this conversation. He had expected to see her, and when that expectation had not been fulfilled, Aidan had realised that he had been unwilling to turn and leave. Now he was here though, and her reaction had not been what he had expected, he felt as he so often did, when he knew it was time to leave a tavern. Aidan decided instead to address her fright.

”Do I scare you?” he asked, a vague note of curiosity tinging that flat tone ”I don’t wish to harm you. You helped heal me, and prevented me from weakening further and dying a slow death through starvation.” This he said with dispassion, as though if it had happened, it would have been something he accepted, like someone might accept the sun would rise every day.
Salsola
The Henchman
Draiko
Luperci

POSTED: Sun May 26, 2019 1:59 pm

Flower gleam and glow,
let your power shine

He, as always, was left unmoved by her movements and actions. Other than a bending back of his ears at her startled yell, he barely reacted at all. Lucia held onto just one sad looking daisy, the rest either decorated himself or her floor. She breathed out slowly, her heart already slowing as well.

"It's alright, I just.. wasn't expecting you." Lucia smiled, a ray of sunshine. He picked the flowers from his-self and held them awkwardly, not seeming to know what to do with them now. Rarely ever did he show back emotions, and this she had come to accept too, Lucia was accepting of much and more.

She reached and took the flowers he held, and bent to pick up the ones from the floor; Finally settling them in the home they had been headed towards before being unceremoniously flung across her cottage. An old gourd served as a make-shift vase, and the multiple colors lost themselves together, brightening up the little corner than had been empty.

"Scare me?" Her head tilted, trying to puzzle out his meaning, "No, you don't scare me." It was not said with a braggart's swagger, Lucia had no arrogance to her at all. It was as soft as a sigh, a mother's words for her child.

There had been multiple situations where he'd had ample opportunity to do her a harm. Lucia was positively maternal towards this lost boy, she cared for him as though it were natural as breathing. Lacking in any hiccups for him to question.

"Come, sit outside with me. It's a lovely day, I would not spend it inside." She beckoned him to come out with her, stepping out into the bright rays, and settled herself on the ground a few feet away from the doorway, her great waterfall of hair settling about her in a halo.

Lucia turned her face to the sun, and closed blue eyes, basking in the light.

Loners
Wolf
Jace
SUNSHINE GIRL

POSTED: Tue May 28, 2019 4:55 pm

The coyote watched Lucia leave the small place, and looked about for a moment. Taking in, at a glance, the many little intricacies that made life. The fragrances were light and fresh, and place was cool without being cold. Everywhere there seemed to be mementos of a life lived. Aidan briefly wondered of his own mementos, and the only object he knew of, was the knife he wore at his side. Without another glance, Aidan followed the female out of the house and watched as Lucia sat on the grass. He didn’t follow though, instead his eyes and his ears moved around the small clearing, and he lifted his nose to scent the cooling breeze.

”The day you saw me in the river, I had killed several Luperci who had tried to end my life. They nearly succeeded.” Aidan explained in his implacable tone, trying to explain why she should be afraid of him perhaps.

Only after a few more moments, once he was satisfied that there were no enemies nearby, did he allow himself to sit on the grass beside her. The slight throb in his hand reminded Aidan of the cut he’d recently received in training as a pack mate had disarmed him, but he paid it little mind.

”Is it not dangerous for you to live alone, and with no pack?”

His words were not meant to be threatening, but after so long watching loners in taverns, Aidan had come to realise how treacherous it could be when there was no one to support you. It was true that the coyote had only glanced about the small home, but there had been no weapons and Lucia herself did not seem like a fighter, or at least not one proficient in many of the martial arts. Was there concern there?
Salsola
The Henchman
Draiko
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Flower gleam and glow,
let your power shine

Her garden was a labor of love, imbued with the essence of her own spirit. Was it strange then, that the flowers she tended appeared taller and more stately than their brethren only feet and feet and more away, that her corner of the world was vibrant and flush with greenery for a time that seemed unnaturally long.

Soris had remarked to her, that her little home seemed to capture time and distort it. He had laughed, and told her she was a faerie princess, all garbed in the colors of spring.

A busy bumblebee buzzed by her ear, and the small audit flicked unconsciously. Lashes swept open as his words filled the air between them, again appearing almost puzzled by the contents of them. She watched as he sat, her lips turned upwards in a crooked smile.

He had asked her this question before, although in the midst of pain-filled distraction. She wondered if he even recalled asking her about it.

"Not many can find me here, alone as I am -- I do not leave much to entice those to track me. I am one leaf in a great forest, a single blade of grass amidst a mightly meadow."

This too she has spoken before, to another.

Loners
Wolf
Jace
SUNSHINE GIRL

POSTED: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:55 pm

As Lucia answered again, the question he had asked once before, Aidan turned his head, ears flattening for a moment. It was perhaps one of the first outward signs of displeasure he had ever exhibited in front of the older Luperci. The coyote did not like the idea that the pain had distorted his memory of events, and caused him to forget his words. What else had he burbled to her? Confused as he was in the fugue of pain. Her brief verse though, was something Aidan didn’t remember hearing either, and his implacable grey gaze turned back to her as she spoke, a faint tinge of curiosity the only indication of his interest.

”It is my experience that Luperci do not require a reason other than their desire to do so, or because the mood has taken them, to enact cruelty and violence on another.”

Thoughts of his father came to him then, and as they did so, his hand moved to his knife, and instinctive reaction Aidan had developed when he knew a fight was about to erupt. One slow blink though, and Aidan’s hand moved away from the weapon. Aidan looked about the garden, saw the flowers and the insects, heard the birds and smelt the fragrances that were brought to him on the breeze, but none of it evoked a feeling of beauty within the young fighter. He understood that there were Luperci that might think such a scene worthy of note, but he was not moved by the scene. There was a hunger within Aidan to see and experience beauty, but when he placed his hand on the cold dirt, he felt the moisture, he felt the good traction.

”This place is poorly protected.” Was all he could think to say.

It doubtless sounded like a criticism, and of course it was, but it was also more. Aidan found himself wanting this Luperci to be safe. She had helped him, and the pup inside of him still remembered a Luperci who had once been kind to him, despite the price she had paid for that kindness.

”I have been learning to speak with others more effectively. Talking about the whether or asking about their family are topics I’ve been told help to foster a relationship. Neither of these things interest me, though I’m told that is often not the point either. I am not good at conversation, and my family are all dead. My past is of no interest, so I am left with very little to say. However, I believe that Luperci are, usually, social creatures. I decided that when I travel near your home to visit, and while I may be silent, to at least keep you company.”

Aidan looked at her, his head tilting slightly as though he had come to a profound conclusion.
Salsola
The Henchman
Draiko
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:24 am

Flower gleam and glow,
let your power shine

Abruptly, the soothing, breathless wind rose and pulled away at her hair and fur with the caress of someone beloved. This wind was her friend, and the wind that blew when the skies raged their fury. She was steeped with the elements, they gave more life to her.

His concern of her safety warmed a sad place in her heart -- for of course Lucia could sight straight through the almost familiar lectures, the questioning of her protective and defensive measures. This was a language that she spoke with grace, well understanding of its subtle nuances.

Lucia did nod, conceding to his point of those who wishes only harm upon others without a prior motive, for the lust of killing and torment. She did not much wish to spend time thinking about those ones, The Wretched, without love or beauty to their lives -- for how could such terrible creatures exist and still hold love to their hearts.

"I am not defenseless." She impressed, in spite of her genteel demeanor and sunshine rays, Lucia had protected herself from the dangers of the world, she had taken lives too, with great hesitation. The wildness was within her, and she was a wolf who would defend her own territory and herself.

Something startled him, though she knew not what it was and he gripped onto his knife suddenly. Her own eyes searched, watching for a sign of the possible perceived threat by him. The only sounds were those of birds, and the sights she saw were the softly dancing flowers.

The femme listened as he spoke, one of the longest speeches she had heard come from him in one mouthful.

"They are." She agreed, incredibly social and often finding their way to others at great effort to themselves. Lucia was an outlier now, and though she craved the comfort of companionship, she could not leave the ghosts behind, it was too painful.

Upon him, was Lucia's smile turned, the warmth she exuded brightening perceptibly,

"I should like that, very much." To even just sit in silent repose with someone else, was a joyous gift. He did not see it yet, perhaps still clinging to those ill-born lessons of his youth, the beauty was whatever and wherever you made it to be.

Her cottage surrounded by a bouquet of flowering plants, all perfectly chosen so that from the time when spring's first breath came to the winter's beginning curl, her garden exploded with colors of all kinds, as each species would blossom and then die back so would another come to take its place in the shifting kaleidoscope.

Drifting, she allowed her eyes to peer upon his form and follow about the lines of him. He was filling out more, growing stronger than when she had first come across him. Then her gaze carried onward until it came to his paw, which looked injured in some manner,

"Oh.." She breathed out, "Your paw is hurt." Without thinking she reached over to grasp his hand within her own, turning the silver fingered hand over gently and beholding the healing slash with tender emotion.

Loners
Wolf
Jace
SUNSHINE GIRL

POSTED: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:36 pm

Aidan, despite how hard he thought, couldn’t think of another Luperci like the one before him now, like Lucia. The Massacre male had never come across someone who acted as she did. Nothing that the female did made sense, unless of course she was far more manipulative than anyone else Aidan had come across, and that would make her extremely dangerous. It was an idea the grey eyed coyote dismissed, had she wanted him dead she could easily have stuck his own knife into his ribs when she had discovered him after the attack. If her plan was to play upon his sympathies, she had not asked him for any ‘favour’ or to perform a task for her. Lucia had been calm, gentle and all she appeared to crave was company, as long as that company came. Something kept her here, and Aidan wasn’t sure if she explained her reasons a thousand times, he would ever understand them.

Her exclamation pulled him back from his thoughts, and Aidan noticed his companion had seen the wound on his paw. In all honesty it was something he had forgotten about, once again there had been a fight. In truth it’d been Aidan who’d made the mistake, he’d mis-calculated and had to deflect quickly, the only thing available was the back of his hand. The swipe had been wild and it was more luck it had connected.

”It’s-“ Aidan had begun, but Lucia had taken his paw in her own, and like an arid wind filled with sand, Aidan felt blasted. That blast stripped away the fugue of numbness, the bad connections and all protection. In that instant Aidan scented the female that had picked him up as a pup and held him close, the sound of her heartbeat and the kind way she spoke to him and swaddled him, and then she had died. Aidan was left raw and it all seemed so acute. His heart felt like it would explode form his chest, and the implacable expression disappeared replaced by one of a pup’s terror.

As though Lucia had burned him, he snatched his paw back, trembling with fear or adrenaline, it was unclear, but he drew his knife and turned away from her, looking around frantically for something, his senses straining. There was no longer any sound in the woods though, just a ringing in his ears the subsumed everything. Izual’s laugh echoed in his mind, and as he stood their, surveying the scene, the emotion drained away, like so much water draining away. When Aidan looked back at Lucia the dull expression had returned, and he replaced his weapon.

”I’m sorry.” he said in the usual implacable tone.

”Everyone believes they are able to protect themselves…until they can’t. It seems you struck a memory within me. Many other people have grabbed my paw and none of them have had that same effect. I’m not sure why you should.”

There was no puzzlement in his tone, but there was a tinge of curiosity.
Salsola
The Henchman
Draiko
Luperci

Sticks and Stones