it's why we can't rely.

p: Belial

POSTED: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Set at the border of The Dampwoods and Arachnea's Revenge, nearing nightfall

Wraith was spending more of her time out of Inferni than in. It seemed prudent to keep eyes and ears on the surrounding packs and as the top-ranked coyote in her tier, she saw it as her responsibility. She still wasn’t sure whether she really felt as though she deserved this position—her self-doubt chose to spring up at the worst of times—but she reasoned that she’d been working hard all her life and that with a bit more hard work, she could prove to herself that this was right.

She decided to head south and scope out the southern packs for a few days. She wasn’t sure if there was any news down there, but surely something was rumbling. Lowry had been a terrible snitch because he’d been so useless. She needed to find someone who knew things.

Bounding through the thick underbrush was easier now that she’d done it before. The Dampwoods were densely-treed, but after living in the area for so long, she was getting better at anticipating holes and avoiding them.

She slowed her pace just a tick once she found Casa di Cavalieri’s scent reaching for her on the wind. Now that she was finally coming round the first pack, she could start finding some subjects to interview.
Wraith Creed
I thought I felt a spark; thought I felt a flame
when something changed in you, who took the blame?

Tammi
Luperci Crown Contest Winner!

POSTED: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:34 pm

0 points. My post is kinda all over the place >.<

Was it right to have to walk his horse like an obedient animal behind him? It seemed to be the only way he’d make sure that the Akhal-Teke didn’t escape the corral at his home – or to make sure prying hands didn’t come for him when Belial was away and steal him. The Akhal-Teke was too valuable for that, even though he was useless to him for now. Belial could not ride the stallion only because of his lack of skill. Belial had a lot of absent skills, especially with horses – but at least he was able to get the thing to walk behind him now. And not at a turtle’s pace either.

There wasn’t exactly a motive present in Belial’s mind as he led the stallion somewhat south. He just wanted to get out of the little abused cottage he called home, and he wanted the stallion with him. He had no name for the horse yet, and reasoned that maybe it shouldn’t have a name. But everything had a name, and maybe the horse would soon too. The mottled Massacre was aware of the nearby packs – one they called Casa di Cavalieri that was represented by the color purple and another further north by the name of Inferni, represented by hues of reds and oranges; dominated with his kind, coyotes and hybrids. What he hadn’t caught at first, was the scent of another he was heading towards, but he soon found her as well. Her fur held the same kind of mixed colors his did, only hers were more organized. She had layers, patterns, where he had just splotches and splashes on top of layers.

He walked behind her, some maybe 10 feet, and assessed her. She seemed to be heading somewhere, not walking aimlessly like he had. She was armed, a bow on her back, and him with nothing but a horse. He stood no chance in attacking her. There weren’t any rocks big enough to smash over her head, so he was stuck with being nice. He knew eventually she would catch him behind her, so he moved. Instead of hiding in the brush, he sped up leading the horse behind him. ”Where you heading to?” It was a ballsy question – one that was not likely to be answered, but he figured he’d try his charm on her anyway.

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Wraith heard the sound of a horse walking through the thick undergrowth behind her, but didn’t turn around at first. The horse’s footsteps were paired with a second pair, a wolf on two legs she suspected. She heard the steps speed up and turned around in time to see a coyote leading the horse toward her.

“Where am I heading to?” Wraith repeated, stalling while she thought up an answer. The question surprised her because it came without warning from a stranger with a horse. Inferni had horses. Were they in want of one more, she might be able to steal it from this fellow, whoever he was.

“South,” she replied, jerking her head in a gesture toward the south-east-ish part of the lands. “Do you need something?” she asked, wondering if this traveler was looking for information, and if so, if she could trade him something for it. She could only assume he was a traveler, what with a horse he did not ride (but also did not seem to burden too much) and a proclivity for asking questions.
Wraith Creed

Tammi

POSTED: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:20 pm

0 points. ooc text.

Much to his surprise, the woman did not turn to him with a hostile answer or no answer at all. Instead, she turned to him and regarded him, which he was not expecting at all. At first, she answered him with a question reflecting the question he directed at her first and he stared blankly at her, not having a retort for that one. He was trying to be kind to her. ”South.” His eyes followed the direction in which she gestured to, and he couldn’t picture anything in that direction. ”No.” He walked close enough to her and offered an exposed palm in a way to either accept a handshake or accept her hand for him to kiss it. His techniques in regards to females weren’t exactly professional – he kind of just went with whatever made him comfortable for that moment. And because he was awkward with this one, told him that something about her made him feel uncomfortable. ”I’m Belial Massacre, and you?”

Starting with his name was just the first step in getting to know this lady – if she would even offer him her name in return. Maybe she wouldn’t. Maybe that was why he was getting such a weird vibe from her. Maybe he expected her to react meanly towards him because she made him feel this way. His orange eyes bore into her, wondering all of it at the same time. Maybe with her name, he’d know what it was about her.

He was and was not a traveler. He had no intentions of being a traveler, yet he was at this time anyway. He wanted to settle down somewhere, but at this time he had no idea where. He wanted to find somewhere where he somewhat fit in - but didn't want others judging him for his habits, his ways.

Last edited by Belial Massacre on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Good old Wraith is so uncultured and has no idea what a hand-shake is. :D

Wraith didn’t have much to say in way of response. He didn’t need help, but he’d called after her. What was that about? What a weirdo. She was about to head off when she saw him start to reach toward her and without thinking, she squared off her stance, moving her right leg behind her and started to reach behind her for her staff. When he didn’t make a move to attack, Wraith froze, wondering what he was doing. He held his hand out and left it hanging there in the air. Wraith lowered her arm slowly, eyeing him suspiciously. What the hell was he doing?

He offered a name, but that didn’t help much. Until – oh shit, he was some sort of family member!

Haltingly, Wraith offered her own name in return, dropping her arm to her side: “Wraith Creed.” Since she’d never met this mysterious relative before, he wouldn’t know she was his something-or-other, so that at least gave her the upper hand. But what was with him? There was something definitely a bit off about Mister Belial ‘Dangly Hand Thing’ Massacre.
Wraith Creed

Tammi

POSTED: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:17 am

0 points. lmao Mister Dangly Hand Thing hahaha! xD

Beelzebub was not here today, clinging to him like smoke on a wet surface, and he needed his advice, his guidance. He wondered what the demon would have said about her and why she gave him this strange feeling of familiarity. His eyes still held that skeptical stare, but since she did not know what to do with his hand – he dropped it and they softened with it. He noted her hostile take on it, but did not outwardly react. ”Wraith, it’s nice to meet you.” Wraith, he liked how dark that sounded – like a banshee or some kind of word for ghost. He didn’t need to repeat her name, but since he liked the sound, he just wanted to hear it roll off of his own tongue. He’d like to hear it roll off of Beelzebub’s tongue, or whatever he had in his mouth, too.

Maybe it was his subconscious telling him to take her home, to cage her and keep her there until he realized her significance. Or maybe she gave off this vibe because he subconsciously didn’t want her there – not his dungeon of a basement littered with cages and fences made to keep those captured, in. The Akhal-Teke’s head pulled against the lead rope behind him, which caused him to stumble backwards a bit. The horse was a lot stronger than him and he knew it. He bellowed an irritated snort and Belial ignored him. ”Maybe you can help me… Actually. Can you give me some insight on some of the packs in the area?” It was his goal, somewhere down the line, to join a group of wolves or canines here so he wasn’t so alone all the time. He needed to be around others, even though the company set off bad triggers in his mind.

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Hahaha oh yeah

When he spoke up again, this time his words polite, she relaxed her stance even more, straightening her spine and leaning her weight onto her right leg. She bent her left leg at an angle and tried to seem less outwardly hostile. If he was a relative, she ought to get to know him. Hybrid had always said that he had more family members out there, but Wraith had never remembered their names too well. She supposed it didn’t matter too much; after all, she knew the surnames, so that’s what counted, right?

Wraith flinched when the horse moved, her instincts telling her to snatch her weapon and ready herself. The wolves that had bore down on them from the north had come on horses; since then, Wraith had always seen them as a weapon and little else.

Dangly-Bel ignored the horse, so Wraith did too. She nodded her head when he asked her about the neighbouring packs, recognizing this as an opportunity.

“Sure I can,” she replied, “I know a bit ‘bout them guys aroun’ here. Why dy’a wanna know? Not from aroun’ here, eh?” Even if he was apparently family, she’d rather know what kind of family. She wanted to know if their lives outside of Inferni was anything like hers. Did they live in coyote clans? Were they all coyotes? She had a long list of things she'd like to know--if Dangle-dude would fess up.
Wraith Creed

Tammi

POSTED: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 am

0 points. ooc text here

The woman before him seemed to begin to relax, but of course, the golden stallion behind him had her riled up again once he pulled against Belial. He watched her, tempted to tell her that it was okay, but he made no outward move towards comforting the woman. He pulled against the horse, which earned him another annoyed snort, and rested his orange eyes on her while she spoke. ”Well… Just general knowledge I guess. What is each pack like? What kind of members do they take in? Are there any pure packs as well as evil packs to look out for?” He didn’t entirely tell her which he favored and which he wanted to avoid. He didn’t know if canines around here even followed that sort of thing.

When she spoke of him not being from around here, all he could do was laugh half-heartedly. Not here in particular, but elsewhere that was closer than she thought. ”Heh, I lived with my family in North America – a place called New Jersey, actually – and then I joined a pack in Maine where I wound up staying for a while.” Hopefully she wouldn’t ask him why he left because he didn’t want to tell her.

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:16 pm

WC: 376

Wraith tried not to show her surprise at what he said, but she couldn’t help miss the emphasis on the words ‘pure’ or ‘evil.’ Was he some kind of goody goody looking for a pack full of pure, kind coyotes, or did he just mean pure, evil coyote packs? She wasn’t sure, but she’d keep talking to find out. She didn’t want no Nancy-ass family members, that was for sure. Even Valkyrie had her own streak of anger.

When he explained that he was actually from a place called North America and New Jersey (she didn’t really know what either meant), she realized that was why she didn’t know him; he was from somewhere so far away she’d never heard of it before.

Hadn’t daddy said that he had a few siblings? She knew of Faolin, but daddy also said he had some brothers and sisters around. He’d also said something confusing about how they had the same mother and how their fathers were related, too, but she stopped listening shortly after that. It had been way to confusing.

But all that meant was there were potentially other guys related to her father running around wreaking havoc (if she was lucky). Or maybe they were like Sage; she had liked Sage, even she hadn’t been very much like the rest of Inferni. Maybe having nicer family members would be okay. After all, the whole ‘evil coyote’ persona was a bit tired and Lucilla, Valkyrie, Nathaniel, and Talitha were all her family and they were nice.

Maybe she should give Dangles McGee a break.

“Hmm, so you wanna know which ones are good and which ones suck? Well, you’ve made it this far, so you managed to avoid New Dawn. Or maybe not. They’re annoying morons. There’s Anathema to the east. Mostly wolves, some coyotes. Boring shit. Inferni to the west. Coyotes, pretty much. Casa di Cavalieri: bunch o’ wolves running around thinking they’re knights or something. An’ AniWaya farther south – they’re not too bright, not too particular who they bring in. An’ a couple others, Cercatori d’Arte. They do… art… or something. An’ uh you passed Salsola on the way here, northwest, they’re a bit nutty, weird, boring. Not much excitement around here unfortunately.” She shrugged.
Wraith Creed

Tammi

POSTED: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:54 pm

0 points. Maybe I might wind up having him join Inferni after a while ... >:)

Every pack she seemed to describe was boring in her opinion. He supposed he couldn’t depend solely on what she thought of each of them. The art one sounded a bit interesting, and he could really see himself wreaking some havoc there especially if he used live specimens for his art-making supplies. The art pack was one of the few that intrigued him – that and the one called Salsola, but he wasn’t sure if the woman was a little confused or she didn’t know what she was talking about at all because he hadn’t seen another pack on his way there. All he found was Vinatta and Sangi’lak, where a nice lady by the name of Lyris guided him across their packlands. He owed her one – something good.

”Where do you live, if you don’t mind me asking?” Belial came to these lands for an escape, but also because of the fact that his mother had mentioned Nova Scotia to him and his brother once or twice, talking about how their father had lived here once. Even though that wasn’t his main reason for coming, it still was snuggled into a corner of his brain, constantly reminding him to ask around. Maybe Wraith knew him. ”I was told that my father lived here once before… though I never really met him before. I mean… I’m sure I have when I was a pup, but I don’t remember…” he trailed off thinking. He dug through his brain, trying to remember a name and some information about him. He knew his mother had said some things about Toxic’s whereabouts while he was here, but they were all fuzzy to him at the moment. ”Anyways, I think it would be cool to follow in his footsteps… but I don’t know anything about him.”

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

Dead Topics