[M]A short hunting trip

[p] Eva

POSTED: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:49 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC: Set somewhere east of Inferni, hope my post wasn't too rambly. Let me know if I didn't give enough to work with!
EDIT: Marked Mature
IC:

He'd had hesitations about making another short jaunt to the east, most of his interactions on the last trip only just barely 'neutral', and in a few cases had started to veer toward less pleasant confrontations. Yet, some of the territory he'd passed through had looked as though it might make for good hunting grounds. The tools he'd need to preserve a deer's worth of meat were light enough that he could bring them with him, and if luck was on his side, maybe return home with a bounty of food that he could store. It would have been easier to just try and scrounge something up in his usual hunting grounds, but the prey had seemed to become harder and hard to find the more he stuck to the same places. Not a big surprise for the male of course, but that meant finding new places to hunt, places that were not already claimed by a pack.

It was mid day when he'd stumbled upon a spot that looked promising, his temporary camp site set up not terribly far east from the pack that was so frustrating to find a way around. The idea that he could maybe convince someone from there to let him have safe passage still lingered in his mind, but knew that the average pack wouldn't allow a loner to wander through. Even if it meant shaving a day off that loner's trip, or a gift given in exchange for that. Despite the would be road block, Janik had made good time, more than enough time left in the day to unpack his things, starting by setting his bow and sword against a tree not far from where he planned to hide the rest of his things.

He was in the middle of that less than exciting task, digging into the softened ground with his hands, intending to make a place to safely store what he didn't bring on the actual hunt. The sinew cordage that he hoped to hang strips of meat for smoking, the medium sized pot half filled with sea salt. Not a treasure by any means, but still the sort of thing an opportunistic loner might snatch while he was away. A little further away from where he dug, a few sticks and larger pieces of wood had been gathered, the beginnings of a small campfire, even if it hadn't yet been lit. Another half hour or so, and he'd have the modest campsite ready for his return. Warmer weather made his efforts less uncomfortable, even if the softer ground dirtied his otherwise pristine white coat the longer he dug.
Last edited by Janik on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Awesome avatar by Nina! :D
Loners
Wolfdog
Vale

POSTED: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:05 am

She had made this trip a thousand times. Though she never spoke to anyone merely watched from a distance. After talking to Vicira she felt torn. Inferni held her blood line and Aeron told her about her other children. It was an odd thing she belonged in Anathema, she did... didn't she?

She huffed as she thought more about it. This was why she couldn't lead right now, no leader should be thinking about moving to another pack. Dark paws carried her petite Secui form across the land. Red cloth tied around her neck so she had clothing when she shifted.

Though as she made her way to Inferni she could smell freshly turned dirt and another near by. Her swirled gaze tried to find the source like she wanted to avoid him but then again maybe she could gather a form of information. As she stopped to sniff the air she huffed who ever it was did not smell of Inferni. She grumbled as she started to walk past where the other was. There was no point in an encounter if the other posed no use.
Will you walk into my parlor? Tis the prettiest little parlor that you ever did spy.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Once he'd finished digging the hole, it was a far easier chore to set the things he was trying to hide inside of it, and then start to cover them up with the dirt he'd excavated. It wasn't a perfect arrangement though, the dirt looked obviously disturbed, even from a distance, and only got a little bit better from Janik's efforts. An annoyed grumble filled the dog while he moved some of the makings of a campfire over top the filled in hole. That would still make it obvious that someone was using the area, but he hoped might disguise how it was being used, most loners not so hard up for fire wood that they would be likely to disturb the sticks too much.

Satisfied with his work, the wolf dog stood from his crouch, stretching in a bid to soothe some of the aches that working at a crouch had given him. The stranger had been downwind of him, so he had not realized that someone had noticed him, but it became obvious enough when he turned a bit, and saw that he wasn't alone. A faint look of surprise was plastered across Janik's face at suddenly realizing he wasn't alone, even more so that they seemed to just be walking past him. The other canine was on all fours, only the cloth around their neck keeping Janik from assuming they were something more feral than most that he'd run into.

”Not even going to stop and say hello?” Janik wondered aloud, the male's surprise fading into something closer to mild offense that whoever they were didn't seem interested enough to do more than walk past him. It was a petty thing, not something he'd actually chase them down over, but that perceived rudeness was still enough to get the male's mouth to running. ”Been a while since I ran into someone that preferred going on all fours.” the wolf dog continued, his green eyed gaze fixated on the stranger, one of his hands involuntarily wandering to rest on the knife on his belt, the warmer weather ensuring that was all he'd bothered to wear for the hunting trip. Only after leaving his home, had it occurred to him that it might rain, but by then he'd been too far to turn around and get the thing.
Loners
Wolfdog
Vale

POSTED: Tue May 16, 2017 7:15 am

The Lykoi princess was on a mission and not much ever stopped her. She had a goal in mind and kept on her path. The loners camp was not a hindrance to her or so she thought. As the small woman made her way the loner called to her.

White snout crinkled with irritation as she took a breath. "I'm a very busy woman." She stated in a matter of fact tone. Dark paws pivoted slightly as she looked to the wolf. "I hate this form." Her muzzle scrunched again in disgust. "The only good thing about it is travel." She commented.

"Why do you prefer this?" She asked now curiosity getting to her. Ash preferred this but he was a wild untamable beast.
Will you walk into my parlor? Tis the prettiest little parlor that you ever did spy.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:38 pm

Janik's eyes followed the stranger's progress while he waited to see if his words would be enough to cause them to slow, or maybe even stop. It was hard for the male to hide a faint grin at apparently annoying the woman, a fair trade for the offense he had felt at her not initially stopping to greet him. Curiosity stirred within the wolf dog at what sort of urgent business they might be on, his own status as a loner usually precluding the need to hurry anywhere, no one to tell him where to run to, or what to do.

The amused grin on Janik's face faded at the woman's question, into something closer to a look of confusion. ”You're a pretty thing, but I don't prefer you on four legs. Personally, I think women are more appealing on two legs, not four...” the dog replied in a matter of fact tone, not bothering to hide that his thoughts about them, or his opinions on her wandering on four legs. ”Where ya going in such a hurry that you need to be on four legs anyways? Instead of taking your time, enjoying the trip on two?” he'd add as almost an afterthought, relaxing a little bit in his posture, yet leaving his hand resting on his best, where the man's knife lay sheathed.

She didn't seem dangerous, at least from looking her over, but looks could always deceive, he knew that much at least. That was doubly true when it was the opposite sex, experience, and his upbringing leaving the male with the belief that they were far more likely to slip a knife in when your back was turned. Dangerous or not, with his curiosity piqued, Janik forgot setting up his campsite for a little while, and started to walk in the direction of the traveler. There was no haste in the male, not in his steps, or even his continuing visual appraisal of the other canine.
Loners
Wolfdog
Vale

POSTED: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:41 am

Evangeline travelled the way she did due to her size. Secui made her a good size and she didn't feel as leery traveling about. The girl had always been a home body so being out made her ever so cautious.

"I've no patience for travel so the quicker I am the better." She spoke. She had once thought of using a horse but that required more dexterity than she was able to give at the moment. Not to mention the horses Anathema owned seemed so large and she was so small.

She took a step towards him willing her body to shift. A sense or relief washed over her as she stood there placing a hand on her hip. Her clothing draped on her hip only for a second before hitting the ground. She stepped over it and smiled. "You mean you like women like this." Running her hand along the curve of her side to her hip. Her tone a bit low tempting him.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:07 pm

The woman's answer to his question was simple enough, and even more important, believable. He'd gone on all fours a handful of times when the ability to travel quickly had been important, but usually the difficulty in carrying anything outweighed that advantage, at least for him. ”Fair enough, seems like you'd miss things from rushing around so much though...” Janik answered back, following her with his eyes when she stepped toward him, and started to change from the form she'd started with. The male was content to wait, and of course watch, the dog not at all shy about appraising the places that her no longer carried clothes failed to hide, given their quick fall to the ground.

It wasn't incredibly novel to see the woman naked, Janik himself was bare except for the belt on his waist, serving more as storage than anything else. He'd brought a cloak in case the weather turned sour, but had decided not to wear it yet. More surprising to the dog was just how inviting the stranger seemed to be once she had shifted, her slightly low tone combining with the suggestive path of their hand to draw the male's thoughts further from platonic ideas. She was certainly an attractive creature, at least from where Janik stood, the sort of woman that he wouldn't shy from flirting with, maybe even bedding her if he got the chance. Yet, in sharp contrast to those more primal thoughts, was the paranoid question of why they would throw themselves to a random loner, the opposite sex more picky in his experience.

He didn't voice those questions immediately however, simply mirroring her own approach, more than happy to wind up within arm's reach if she didn't change her mind before then. ”You could say that... “ Janik replied to her last question, a faint grin showing some of the male's teeth during his slow approach. Very pretty, even more so on two legs, and with nothing to block a random loner's view either~” Janik continued, even going so far as to lean toward her with his muzzle, craning a little to his left, toward one of her ears. Dropping his tone much like she had, the dog would add ”Usually I'd have to sweet talk for such a clear view, I wonder if you're just pretty, and bold... or pretty, and reckless?”. An attractive face that was out to get something from him, or a naive woman that didn't understand the dangers of flaunting herself around random loners, those were the two possibilities that floated through Janik's head.
Loners
Wolfdog
Vale

POSTED: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:11 am

The spider laid her web in the most tempting way. No fly could ever just waltz out of her parlor without getting caught. Dark hands moved ever so slowly she smiled her coy little grin. Eva shrugged ever so slightly, "stuffy being in rags all the time." She spoke on dark foot after the other made it towards the man. "I know a watering hole close by. Wanna go for a swim?" She smiled.

It's boring just standing there looking at a wolf she didn't even want to converse with. Now though he had her attention which meant the princess demanded some form of adoration. She enjoyed when people complimented her and if he played nice she'd be nice.

Her tone was easy to the ears though laced in venom. She wasn't a stranger to danger and now with age enjoyed the role a female could play. "In my small pouch I brought a bit of drink. If you have some meat I'll share my drink with you. After a swim of course." She spoke as she bent down and picked up her robe.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:48 pm

The woman was proving to be a mix of warring emotions for the dog, a silent battle between his wariness of how inviting she seemed to be, and the side of him that was quite pleased at how inviting seemed to be. She was shorter than he was, and as naked as she was, he saw no place that a weapon of any size could be hidden, that went a long way to weakening the more cautious voice within him. There was the fact that he was out in the wilderness with a purpose, that chasing the pretty female's tail was liable to spoil his hunting trip, but Janik was a successful enough hunter that he wouldn't go hungry if he tried to court a woman instead.

”I suppose I can take a break from hunting to keep a lovely little lady company~” the shepherd replied in a steady, confident voice. He wasn't some virginal pup that had just seen his first female, the woman's enticing voice enough to have him follow, but not stumble over himself in the process. ”I'll bring some food for us to share after the swim, gives me a chance to clean some of the dirt off me...” Janik added to his previous words, while moving toward where he'd set his pack, mostly empty aside from a moderate sized piece of smoked meat from an earlier hunting trip. It had been meant as food on the way home if the current hunt went poorly, but sharing it wouldn't change that too much, a day without food far from the worse he'd had to endure in the past.

He wasted little time with wrapping up his preparations at the camp, only bothering to return his sword to the belt at his waist, and to carry his bow with the same hand that held the hand sized piece of meat. The rest would be missed if the woman was a part of some elaborate plot to draw him from his belongings, but he refused to risk his most prized possessions. ”Name's Janik by the way, what should I call the beautiful woman that's going to be swimming with me?” Janik introduced himself when he was finished, and in the middle of attempting to approach closer still to the female. The way he emphasized swimming 'together' a subtle test of the waters, just like his effort to brush against her during the final approach. With his things gathered, he was ready and willing to follow her to the watering hole, the dog quite curious to see just how much he would be able to get away with.

Janik was many things, but shy was not one of them, usually more than happy to boldly test boundaries if he encountered them. At least when it came to flirting at the opposite sex.
Loners
Wolfdog
Vale

POSTED: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Evangeline smiled as he readied himself to leave. She turned keeping herself lined to see him. Once he was set they were off. She still held reservations for the male she had come across. Tightly gripping the small bottle among her robes and other things. She kept it when she went alone places it was her emergency saving grace. She never wanted to kill anyone but knocking them on their butt was sometimes needed.

"Most people call me Eva." The witch spoke as she glanced at him. By the time they had reached the waters edge the moon was midway into the sky. The dark woman smiled as she watched the waters glow. "Come now Janik, you need to treat a girl to a proper date." She spoke placing her stuff down. Dark feet moved into the water cool almost crisp compared to the days heat.

Her tail trailed the water as she looked up to the moon. Its glow intoxicating to the woman. "Want we to tell your future?" She asked as she turned and looked at him. Ripples cascaded away from her as she stood there basking in the moon light? "Or maybe your scared of what it has to hold so many are." She spoke.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

Dead Topics