T
E
X
T
Words: 000
Date: Aug. 15
Place: Dampwoods
Form: Optime
He stalks because he cares <3 Let me know if anything about my description of Inca's behavior needs changing.

In his unease over May being gone for longer than he anticipated, the wolf might've forgotten about her brother. That is, if it wasn't for the dread that seemed to loom over each of his children in his mind. The first litter of Nyx might not have been his, but the grey Anatheman would be lying if he said he didn't adore them like they were. Even if he hadn't been there for them in these later moments in their still young life, the older man protected them zealously alongside their mother from before they were born. And so with one missing and the other catching the attention of Lukos as he slipped out of the village one day and headed for the outside world, the Atheed was making damn sure this one wouldn't evaporate in a cloud of smoke during a stroll. Watching the boy enter the treeline, Lukos pursued after him, tailing him from just where he could see him up ahead.

It wasn't like he regularly monitored the comings and goings of those in their expanded family, but May still being outside without word left him clutching at the edge, dangling over full-blown paranoia. Enough pain had been inflicted to make the wolf's heart freeze with worry, from bear's attacking his loved ones, to whatever was going on with May, to Song... He felt as if misfortune came to roost in their home and he was determined to chase it off, with a torch and a pitchfork if need be. And also...

There was the ever omnipresent feeling of guilt over the situation with their biological father. The same thing that sparked the desire in May to travel to Inferni in the first place, to learn more of. Lukos didn't know if they knew anything about the man he despised so wholesomely, and since he didn't dare tell them without letting the children hear from Nyx first a sense of shame embedded in his chest whenever the male talked to the mixes. Maybe if he could get over his remorse of what happened, helped Nyx explain how they came to live and threw off the restraints that kept him distant while also overly vigilant, he would be the father he wanted to be to them.

But being lost in thought and following someone proved to be not something for someone who was a bit rusty at being unnoticed. They had moved a little ways away from the borders of Anathema before Inca stopped in his tracks. As he stood behind a tree directly behind him, small flicks of movement that the wolf could see that he had caught onto his chaperon. Knowing trying to continue on like this was as useless as it was suspicious, Lukos stepped out and walked a few paces forward. "You really shouldn't be out here by yourself." he said in a concerned tone, not really hiding what he was just doing. If Inca was going to be angry or annoyed, that'd just have to be the case.

Image: JLS Photography | Texture: Mercurycode & Xnienke | Table by Sammiie

Table by the wonderful Sammiie and Avi by the amazing Corie!
Current Mood Song: Gatekeeper - Feist
Anathema
Atheed
Mike
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:41 am

OOC: Spoiled Inca is spoiled.

IC:

Inca was excited to be going back out, the dampwood far more enticing to the male than anything within Anathema's borders. If he was lucky, he might even run into Lou, or any of the other interesting faces that he'd run into while prowling around like a sneak thief. Maybe once his sister was back from her trip, he'd have more reason to stick within the borders, but until then he took every opportunity to slip away.

Despite his efforts to slip past the borders without being seen, he had been too eager in his escape, and not as careful as he should have been. That was made clear when he heard someone following him, it was faint, but enough for the blue eyed male to know what it was. He didn't yet know who was following him, his mother perhaps, or one of his other siblings, those were the most likely suspects in Inca's mind. So it came as a bit of a surprise when Lukos was the one that stepped out of their hiding place, and suggested he shouldn't be out and about on his own. If the would be step father had any idea the sort of trouble he'd already found in the past, Inca imagined the concern in their voice would be even deeper. If Inca was a little better at pattern recognition, he would have probably been more concerned about stalking off all alone into the woods.

”Oh come on Lukos, I'm over a year old... not like it's the first time I've done this. I came back fine those times, I'll come back fine this time.” Inca half sighed, half explained as he turned around to actually face the father of his two half siblings. He hadn't spent as much time with the older man as he could have, not once he was able to move out of his mother's home with his sister. The woods would still be there even if he took some time to see what Lukos wanted, and so he started to walk toward the man. Inca hadn't bothered to take anything with him, learning his lesson from when he'd nearly had a deer hide stolen from him, and was confident enough with his ability to catch rabbits at least without a weapon. ”Was there something else you wanted Atheed?” Inca questioned, still at least aware enough of that fact that Lukos outranked him, just as his mother did, not that he believed either would pull that rank on him.
Anathema
Tuyul
Vale
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 000
Date: Aug. 15
Place: Dampwoods
Form: Optime
I promise I didn't forget about this!

Well, Inca didn't sound overly enthusiastic about Lukos monitoring him, as he probably shouldn't. Honestly, he seemed more indifferent than surprised that the wolf was tailing him. Maybe Lukos was worse at being quiet than he thought... Inca turned to face the older male, letting slip something that raised an eyebrow. "Well, even though I don't know what happened those times, I do know that the outside world can be dangerous at times. More dangerous than you realize till it's too late." he said, crossing his arms in a very paternal fashion. Really, the rebellious stage wasn't a stranger to the Atheed, he remembered the times in his past were he felt like he could go anywhere and do anything. He also remembered the times where that attitude almost got him killed time after time. He was so stubborn about it then that it took a few stumbles to drive the lesson home.

Kind of like this display that Inca was giving over Lukos being concerned. The boy said probably the only thing that would throw the older man off, in a calm setting that is. The wolf's muzzle went slack a bit, as a look of pain struck his features. It wasn't long after that he put up an armored expression again, though the chink in his defenses were made well known now. "I've held you and your sister before you opened your eyes. You know you don't have to address me by rank." he said flatly, trying not to sound bothered by it and failing. Was this what it was coming to? It was like he meant nothing to the Tuyul, just another face from his youth. Trying to push past the slightly damaged pride, Lukos placed his hand on his sides as he looked at an angle towards Inca.

"And yes, as a matter of fact, I want you to be more careful." he chided the mix, with disappointed eyes. "If you're going to walk around alone, at least carry some form of defense. What if someone who would attack you was tailing you instead? I don't think that they would've just gave up and smiled dumbly if you caught them." He was very torn, talking to Inca. On one hand, he wanted to scold him for being so careless and naive. And on the other, he didn't want to come across as too demanding, and end up pushing the boy away further. But most likely, if he didn't choose one or the other, would he seem indecisive? Lukos couldn't tell what was worse, as he stared down the son of the woman he loved, that he helped raise and shelter. This sort of kind of parenting was a lot tougher than he thought it would be.

Image: JLS Photography | Texture: Mercurycode & Xnienke | Table by Sammiie

Table by the wonderful Sammiie and Avi by the amazing Corie!
Current Mood Song: Gatekeeper - Feist
Anathema
Atheed
Mike
Luperci

Seabreeze Brink