[M]An unexpected distraction

[p]River

POSTED: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:05 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Inca made his way toward the edge of the borders, little more than a bone knife, and rough deer hide cloak to weigh him down. He had no real direction in mind, only the desire to head out into the wilds and find something interesting. Which in the male's mind, was usually either a pretty face to sweet talk, or a loner to steal from, maybe even a combination of the two. Not that all of his 'adventures' had gone so smoothly, a few scars under his tawny fur a reminder of that.

He left early enough that the sun was still out to make the unseasonably warm day even more comfortable for the hybrid, warm enough that he probably didn't need to have the well worn hide cloak to remain comfortable. If he'd been particularly ambitious, there was plenty of time to make it further than a half hour past the border, but something caught his attention that he'd not noticed before. Rather than continue on, the man was drawn toward an area that was more clearing than not, the former home of what might have been a cabin at one point.

Time had taken it's toll on the structure however, only a bit of rotted wall left on the northern most side of the cement foundation, little enough that it barely came up to the man's chest. The rest had disappeared over the years, leaving a relatively flat, and slightly elevated platform. It had crumbled around the edges, and cracks had started to grow wide throughout, but it was a tempting place to lay down. The surrounding forest had crept in, but more sunlight than usual was able to reach the ground there, making for a warm spot.

Inca had not payed all that much attention to his surroundings on the way out of the pack's lands, easily forgetting the time that Lukos had followed him, and that had not changed once he'd found something to occupy his attention. His steps bringing him toward, and then up onto the cement, a short step to get off the ground, and then a lazy crouch that quickly turned into Inca sprawled out on the ruins. A short nap was too hard to resist, at least once he'd shifted around a bit, his cloak re-purposed into a blanket that lay haphazardly over himself, warm sunlight filtering through the light canopy above.
Loners
Hybrid
Vale
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:27 am

Days were spent in her room, locked away from contact with the outside world. Lust and Greed had made a few attempts to lure her from her den, but the stubborn girl refused. She was absorbed, addicted even, to the world of the unseen. Every ritual she performed seemed to pull her closer into their realm. It was a hunger that was hard to satiate, and Kalfou did nothing to help. He only encouraged her reaches to the other world. It fed him, gave him power, knowledge, and insight on his next move. For each step River took into the darkness, he took one into the light. So much time had been spent in the darkness that the shadows melded together, distorting the shapes of her furniture and various collected items. She needed to get out. Yesss. A voice quietly spoke, ushering her out of the room.

Luckily, Greed and Lust were gone leaving nobody for her to lie to on her way out. Greed never failed to speak up whens he left, nosy as always. When she neared the border she saw a male, Inca, if she could recall, leaving as well. Her head tilted in slight curiosity at his limber and well muscled form. Why she was drawn to look at him, she couldn't quite put a finger on. Follow him. The familiar voice called to her. She could feel a heaviness on her left side, Kalfou, lingering close to her form. He never went far from her. Why? She questioned, with the raise of her brow. You question the prospect of fun? She really couldn't say she did, and so she followed the male keeping a distance between them so he didn't notice her.

She didn't really know where she was going, or why even, but she was compelled to do so. The cry of a dying animal caught her attention, pulling it away from the light colored boy. As she stepped and turned towards the source of the cry, a fox darted off and away from the larger predator. In his wake, was left a dying rabbit. She shot a glance over at the boy, before stepping softly towards the injured rabbit. Blood oozed in waves from it's neck, where the fox had landed a deadly blow. River knelt before the smaller animal, watching as it took it's last breath. Its legs outstretched with the last rise and fall of it's chest. Her hand reached out to it, still warm, and Kalfou's voice whispered in the back of her mind once again. A sacrifice. Free of charge. River grinned, and removed her dagger from the holster on her thigh, compliments of her "father" since he thought she needed it. Your death won't be for nothing. She whispered as she flipped the rabbit over and made an incision down the center of his chest.

Her hands were blooded as she did so, having to hold the smaller creature in place. One she had access, she reached into obtain her sacrifice. Ideally, she'd want it fresh but demons weren't usually so picky. River wrapped the heart in a piece of leather cloth, and then picked up the now deceased rabbit. At least as a wolf, she could make use of the rest of the fox's kill. And lunch. She said with a smile before turning back towards the direction the male had gone. She walked lightly towards his scent. It lead her to the remains of what once may have been a human's home. Now it was nothing more than a few bricks stacked in a row. There was nothing interesting about it, other than the fact the boy had chosen to lie in it's center. Without trepidation, River approached the building, coming to a stop a few feet away from it's last standing wall. At one side, she held the rabbit with the open chest cavity and in the other she held the bloodied dagger simply too distracted to put it away. Hello. She spoke aloud, grinning over at the boy, nonchalantly eyeing his physique.
Loner
Hybrid
Sami
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:38 am

Inca was very nearly drifted off, the hybrid's blue eyes closed, his body almost still. It was a reckless thing to sleep out in the open, but that was what he was attempting to do, only to have a feminine sounding voice pull him back from the edge of sleep. A flicker of annoyance contorted the man's serene expression, his mouth parting in a large yawn, while he tried to seek out the source of the voice with blurry vision.

Annoyance faded almost as soon as it registered that the voice had sounded like it came from the opposite sex, Inca old enough to have decided he really liked women. His yawn nearly seamlessly transitioning into a grin, gears turning in the hybrid's head in search of a smooth greeting. When his eyes focused, and saw River, it was her that he saw, missing the blood, knife, and gore at first glance. Something plucked at the back of his mind, and Inca's grinning expression suddenly dampened as he noticed everything beyond the fact that she was attractive.

The rabbit wasn't too shocking, that she was bloodied explained away by the rabbit, but the way she was grinning and looking at him, combined with a bloody knife in hand. That was a little disconcerting to Inca, and he started to move remove the deer hide blanket that had covered part of him, and move to a crouch rather than continue laying on the ground. She looked familiar, but he couldn't quite place her, someone that he'd noticed around Anathema he guessed. ”Hey there, hope that knife isn't for me... Didn't even get to have a good look at ya yet. Or get a name to tie to that pretty face of yours, I'm Inca.” Inca spoke, his expression wary, even if his voice was confident, flirting at her even while considering the possibility she meant to do him harm.
Loners
Hybrid
Vale
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:53 pm

At first, her presence seemed to annoy the stranger boy. Dark ears flicked back with subtle apprehension, although she stayed put. He yawned and looked her over, a grin matching her own soon spreading across his lips. She shifted her weight, from one leg to the other causing the gentle sway of her hips as she did so. She'd forgotten she was even holding a knife in one hand, but as soon as the boy noticed it he rose from his laying position. He spoke, commenting on the knife and how he hoped it wasn't meant for him. At the mention of it, she glanced down, lifting up the knife when she was reminded it was still in her hand. He then attempted to flatter her and introduce himself afterwards.

Before she could even get a word in, she could feel his weight pressing down on her right side, the side that held the knife. His unsettling chuckle resonated in her ears and she could feel his grasp on her arm. It could be for him. He could be the real sacrifice. You could summon whoever you wanted with his heart. Kalfou was quick to act, but River was still not keen on following all of his suggestions. Mismatched eyes glanced over to the right, before her brow furrowed and she wiped the blade clean on her skirt before placing it back in it's holster on her thigh. She'd much rather interact with Inca without Kalfou's ideas flooding her mind. River smiled over at the boy before holding up the rabbit. No, it was for him.

I'm River. She stated with confidence before sauntering closer now confident he wouldn't be afraid of her. It was obvious he had been before, and she felt empowered by the fact. I don't think the pack would like it if I used the knife on you. She teased, coming to stand only a few feet away from Inca. Boring. He commented, before the weight lifted from her altogether. You were afraid of me? Am I scary? She questioned, smiling over at him.
Loner
Hybrid
Sami
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:05 pm

Inca's tone was flirty as he introduced himself, and some of his appraisal was indeed from interest in her, but he'd grown a bit since starting his reckless forways into neutral lands. Beyond just gauging River's appearance, the hybrid also sized her up once he'd started to be suspicious about the bloodied knife. He assumed that having nearly a foot over her in height would advantage him if it came to that, but he had no idea how to determine if she was skilled or not.

His brow rose a bit, a look of confusion creeping onto his face, the man taking her look to the right to be that of someone who had forgotten she held a knife at all. Just as quickly as things had become tense, River swept that away by sheathing the knife, and explaining away why it had been out at all. Inca's mischievous grin returned almost immediately, while he listened to her share a name, and confirmed what he'd suspected, that they were both from Anathema. It was a reminder that he needed to pay more attention to who was in the pack, maybe spend more time within it, instead of outside.

”I don't know about scary... just something about a bloody knife, while you're grinning at me that made me wonder.” Inca answered back in a confident vioce, even if the truth was that he had been a bit worried about her, worried enough to consider his odds against her in a fight. Those thoughts were long gone however, crowded out by Inca's efforts to flatter River.

When she drew within a few feet of him, the hybrid returned to a more seated position, setting himself on the sprawled out cloak that he'd been using as a blanket. He patted the bit of hide that he wasn't occupying, right next to him, even nodding as extra emphasis for the non-verbal cue. ”Why don't you join me River, you look like someone I'd like to know~” he boldly suggested. With his mind on other things, it never occurred to the male that inviting her closer would also make it far easier to use that knife, if that had been her intention all along.
Loners
Hybrid
Vale
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:33 pm

The stormy girl couldn't help but smile wider as Inca explained it was the combination of the bloody knife and her smiling that had him uneasy. Oh. Well, it was hard not to smile at you. She stated boldly, thinking back to the lessons she received from her mother. Flattery was a simple game, one that Inca had already begun. She was sure he didn't realize just who, he had begun this game with. Her hands were still stained red with blood, but it wasn't something she was actively aware of or cared about. It seemed he really didn't mind it either. They were wolves after all. It was in their nature to spill blood to survive. She'd be foolish to pick Inca as a target though, having little to no experience in a battle.

Inca relaxed now, easing himself back onto his makeshift blanket. He patted a hand next to him, a gesture indicating he wanted her to join him. If it wasn't obvious alone, he nodded as well. River gave an airy chuckle before padding over where he sat, settling herself down next to him. She wasn't wary of him, he being the one afraid of her. She may have been wary if the boy wasn't a part of Anathema, but she'd seen him around. She was observant, a silent watcher in the pack. She didn't blame him for not recognizing her though. She spent a lot of time in her room, or in parts of the pack most others didn't go.

Once she was comfortable, River placed the rabbit on floor next to her. Do I? Why's that? She questioned. She was still young, but she learned fast and having such an apt teacher had boded well for her. Not to mention, it was also in her blood.
Loner
Hybrid
Sami
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 pm

It was always a fun game for Inca to show interest in the opposite sex, experience letting him know that the potential reward was well worth the risk of rejection. He'd never really been forced to pay a severe price for his silver tongue, no knives stuck in him for barking up the wrong tree anyways. If River took offense to his wandering gaze, or his bold suggestion that she sit next to him, then there'd be nothing lost, or so he thought.

She took the offer without any apparent hesitation, his eyes following River's progress to the suddenly shared blanket once she'd set herself down. Her question sounded to Inca's ears, like the sort of thing she'd say if his interest was shared, rather than the genuine question of someone who wouldn't know what he might be after. She looked younger than himself, but not so young that she might not be close to himself in age, close enough for him to not cool the thoughts wandering in his mind.

”Well... we're from the same pack. You're attractive, and you weren't shy about approaching me.” Inca rattled off a few reasons why he might be interested in getting to know her, his arm closest to River making a bold effort to hook loosely around her, but didn't yet try and pull her against himself. ”I live out in the village, with my sister. Where has the lovely River been hiding, that I've not run into her yet?” Inca questioned, drawing some of the attention toward more benign topics, even while he was more than a little forward with his wandering arm.
Loners
Hybrid
Vale
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:45 am

River settled herself onto the sheet, leaning slightly towards the lighter colored male. It was nice to get a chance to practice all she's learned, even if she really held no interest in Inca. Although, she couldn't quite say she didn't. Not just yet. Inca listed a few reasons why she looked like someone he'd like to know, and mentioned she was attractive and bold in her approach. River never really thought of herself as attractive, nothing like her mother or sisters with their long luscious locks and full breasts. She lacked both of those and only hoped she filled out eventually. Having a male tell her she was attractive though, spiked her confidence significantly and immediately drew her interest to him. Why?

Her grin widened as she sat next to the boy, and his arm slunk around her shoulder. She didn't know why, but that made her face warm in a way she hadn't felt before. This day was proving to be more interesting than she originally planned. River saw no problem with him having his arm around her and so she let it be. Her free hand, rose to brush some of her bangs from her face and she continued to cast her mismatched gaze over at Inca.

Inca mentioned he lived in the village with his sister, yet they'd never met. River knew exactly why that was. She lacked a need for socializing, even if she wasn't bad at it. The young witch would much rather conjure in her bedroom with Kalfou's advice. Despite Greed's attempts to get her out of the house and his forced lessons with Uncle Wrath, she spent most of her time indoors. I don't hide, I'm just mysterious. I spend a lot of time indoors, practicing my craft. She was slightly weary mentioning her craft. She didn't quite want Inca to question her on the topic, afraid the talk of demons might scare him away. Maybe I'll make more of an effort to be seen, now that I know a handsome male finds me attractive. River smiled, completely invested in the conversation and whatever happened next. Are you not afraid that someone else might have found you, instead of me? I've been warned how dangerous it is to come outside the borders. She tried hard to push the subject away from demons.
Loner
Hybrid
Sami
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Inca felt a sense of success when she didn't recoil from his efforts to flirt, even more so when she allowed his arm to find a place around her. There was a temptation to test his luck even further, an impulse that the hybrid forced himself to not act upon, not yet at least. Reaching too far with a pack mate was liable to be more awkward than if he got a strange loner to growl at him, one he was liable to see again, the other not.

”You should! Can spend more time outside, unless you can only practice your craft inside, away from handsome males that could keep you company?” Inca answered back, a little more eagerly than he should have, encouraged by the flattering words that she'd given him. It was a warmer response than he'd expected from her, a contrast to some of the women that had been unmoved by his compliments in the past.

A proud looking expression crept onto Inca's face when she asked about whether he feared running into others out in the dampwoods, seeing an opportunity to impress River. ”Wouldn't be much fun if I didn't run into someone. They're not all dangerous, the ones that are... I can run pretty fast, if I don't think I can take them in a fight.” Inca answered back, while simultaneously attempting to move closer to her. ”How about you? If it's dangerous out here, you're lucky you found someone to keep you safe.” the hybrid added, a mischievous tone to his voice when he suggested that he'd be the one to keep her out of trouble.
Loners
Hybrid
Vale
Luperci

Dead Topics