Re: Some Time Away From Home

POSTED: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:59 pm

"I....got into trouble with one of the more 'higher ranking' members because their kid was being a brat, and I decided to do something about it. It wasn’t too much, the cocky guy threw a punch at me and I stepped to the side and tripped him. Next thing you know his mother comes up and well....she had the kid break my old one. I’m pretty sure if I wander around with a new one then the same thing will happen, or worse." Dalia explained, but also didn’t want to give out specifics for her situation too, especially considering the individual was actually the son of the Aquila.

She looked down at Red then back up at Khyren and grinned then snickered a bit. "Got a bit of satisfaction after the event though when that same kid got himself all caught up in one of my snares that tripped him up. It was the kind of satisfying moment that you don’t expect until it happens too, but I cut him free though so I wouldn’t have to deal with 'you know who' again. Dalia exclaimed then she took out one of her arrows and cut the rabbit loose, and then she took the tip of it and slowly skinned the small creature.

"Anyways, you talk about a pack? Which one was it? How was life for you there before you became a loner?" Dalia asked curiously as she had already hinted to her current living situation back at hers.

Word count: 262
She’s an odd gal with an itchy trigger finger.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:22 pm

Khyren listened, trying to do the social thing and keep eye contact with Dalia while she spoke, but Khyren could not help looking away towards where she stashed her doe or towards the glaring gaze of Kotori above. Dalia was not that interesting as she thought, in fact, she was almost a bit annoying and seemed quite naive in Khyren's eyes. No matter the case, Dalia was friendly, and the coal colored female was greatful.

When Dalia was finished, Khyren could not help but feel unfulfilled with the conversation and more anxious of getting her own doe prepared and eaten. She looked down at the gorey scene of the rabbit being prepared without much as a grimice, but nor a snarl of hunger or aggression. Looking blankly at the coyote hybrid, she change the subject. "How about we get a fire going, hmm?" She smiled fakely and slapped her hands together, rubbing them together in nervous anticipation.

Knowing the things Dalia told her and the energy radiating from her, this canine would not get off Khyren's back unless she answered Dalia's questions. "Casa Di Cavalieri," she replied. "My life was good, I just needed some time by myself," The large female did not mention the lose of her daughter, the asteroid disaster, or the people they lost and her own internal struggles. Weakness was not something she would show to someone she just met, weither or not they were friendly.

Pointing down at the mangled rabbit carcass, the wolf inquired their next course of action. "When you are done with that, would you mind helping me with my doe as well?" Maybe they could bond over the fire with a good meal.
Khyren
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:14 pm

"Yeah, I'll see if I can find something dry around here, but it shouldn’t be too hard." Dalia said then she pulled out a second arrow and set it to her side. "You can start on it with that if you want while I look around, and Red'll just keep to my side probably." Dalia looked to the owl and made a small head gesture towards it and added,"Especially because of him, and how shy she is around newcomers." Dalia then stood up and stretched her shoulders some before she cut a leg off of the rabbit to feed to Red later.

Red, as any common pet would, eyed the leg that Dalia tore off for her before Dalia dropped it onto the ground. From then Red rushed over and chowed away at the leg before Dalia cut off the other and slowly consumed it herself. "I was planning on setting up a few snare traps, and waited for something large to come from up in a tree. Red usually finds her own things to kill here and there from time to time. I give her a rabbit occasionally alongside her usual rodents that she hunts. I sometimes wonder if I spoil her, but she’s always an active little critter, you know?"

Word count: 225

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:25 pm

Mind putting a mature mark on the thread so I don't get in trouble for some gruesome butchering of this poor doe xD? WC= 300+

Khyren's stomeck grumbled, but she smiled lightly at the sight of the cute vixen eating the rabbit leg. The dark woman nodded to Dalia and went back to her stash in the tree. "Kotori likes rodents and eating some scraps I give him on the side..." She trailed off as she began climbing the tree to grab the doe. Kotori was now staring at the carcass, knowing he would get his share. With the die over her shoulder, the large female climbed down carefully, with her own watching in her wake. Landing comfortably in the grass, she walked back to a clear spot near Dalia and fetched her bow and quiver, setting them aside before taking out her knife. "He's never tried Fox." She teased with a flick of her hand and a wink.

Kotori waited on a tree near them as Khyren began preparing her doe. Quickly, she cut through the pelt and carefully pulled it off the animal. Ripping it off, barely any blood had shed for most had drained while it was in the tree. Expertly, she started carving the muscles away from the bone and tendons. Pausing, she set her bloodied knife on the lush grass. Pointing back where she had come from before meeting Dalia, the wolf spoke. "I saw a lot of large branches and a dead tree back there. It would make a good fire," She suggested before getting back to her work.

Work like this took her mind off petty things and kept her in the present. Her mind always ran much faster then her mouth and sometimes kept her from saying anything at all. Her mind was calm now, only focused on the doe and getting a good meal out of it. The sounds of the forest, Dalia, and her vixen just blended into the background noise.
Khyren
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:46 am

Dalia looked back off towards that area and nodded to Khyren and said, "Okay then, Red will probably just follow me wherever I go. She’s just kind of like that ever since I met her. She'll open up to you after she gets to know you though."

Dalia then stood up and walked back towards the area from before, and as predicted her small vixen kept closely to her side. After a few minutes she returned hauling with her a large branch. Red was nowhere to be seen with her, but the constant scurrying sound of the bushes meant that she wasn’t far behind. Without wasting much time, Dalia started breaking the branch up into smaller sticks and twigs to use as tinder for the fire. As she did this she looked up at Khyren and asked,"So what’s the story behind Kotori there? Red's is....well let’s just say back from where I am in the pack I have to watch out for a few people with her."

Dalia took a deep breath before she snapped a large chunk of the branch off with her using her feet then sighed, "So uh....how exactly was life back at your old pack? I know with mine it’s....well probably not as grand all things considered, and well....I do worry for someone back at my pack, personally that is." Dalia couldn’t get Aliyah off her mind now it seemed even out here when she was away from her.

Word count: 262

____

Ooc: sorry for the reply delay );

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:11 pm

While Dalia went off with her fox, Khyren continued to carve away at the doe. Setting red, bloodied pieces of meat onto some clean grass--the large female's hands looked like those of a murderer at the scene of the crime. Only she felt no guilt or remorse, for this doe was well needed to feed her and was warming up to sharing with the hybrid woman as well. Her emerald gaze flicked to and from Dalia as they worked to create this meal.

The other female's question on Kotori's background was not surprising, nor something she did not mind elaborating on. She opened her maw to speak, the feathery creature glided down and landed in the grass haphazardly. He nearly tumbled over but soon regained composure and hopped over to Khyren, staring deeply at the meat she had laid out. She chuckled and tossed him a small slice of raw venison before he could pick at her slabs. He greedily tore it apart with glee. "Found him injured in the woods during a forest fire, he was only a fledgling then." She remembered their meeting fondly and the spunky bird's near imediant connection with her in the aftermath. A strike of fate brought both lonely creatures together.

Dalia's second question was more complicated.

The dark huntress sighed slightly while still carving off pieces of venison. She dare not make eye contact in fear of Dalia seeing the weakness in her as she spoke. "It was good. They all cared for me, I cared for them," recalling fond memories of spars and hanging out with her good friend, Munroe, she reminded realizing that she missed him alot more then previously thought. "I was a laborer, working in and outside the camp. I wasn't very highly ranked, but I was working towards it. In the end though, I need to leave." Trying hard to not remember the means behind her leaving the pack oncemore, she grit her teeth and clenched her jaw and finished off preparing the doe.

First Cadet (NPC)
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:04 pm

Dalia nodded to Khyren and said,"Yeah, well...life in my pack isn’t exactly as great I assume. I hunt day in and day out, and I personally choose to sleep in a tree than in a cave." Dalia continued to break apart sticks and gathered some broken twigs into a pile to start off the fire. She then took out an arrow and started looking around for something to strike it against for a spark. "Hey, do you have anything I could spark up a fire with? I have my arrows, so I just need some like...steel or something."

Dalia looked down and Red barked and wagged her tail, obviously she wanted to play as she messed around with Dalia’s tail. Dalia found this cute every time she did this, but she was focused on something else now so Dalia smiled at her and said,"Red, why don’t you hunt?!" Red barked at this and ran around Dalia, but still had that playful look in her eyes. Dalia sighed at this and said,"Sometimes I just don’t get you girl. I guess you just don’t fine hunting as fun as me."

Word count: 206

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Sorry for the wait had a rough week. WC= 300+

Khyren nodded in agreement with the other bow wielding woman. The cold hardness of stone can be much more uncomfortable then the nice nook in the tree trunk or bed of lush leaves. Being one find of climbing, it was not unusual for her to spend a night in the tree tops. However, she had never heard of others doing so. The two woman did seem to have a lot in common.

"Why don't you just leave?" She inquired, tossing her bloodied steel knife over to Dalia at the same time. It could be used well if struck against some flint for some nice sparks.

If Dalia didn't like her pack so much, what was holding her back from just being done with It? Maybe Dalia had family or some other loved ones within the pack she could not fade to part from. Khyren, a loner at heart with no blood ties to any pack, could come as go if she so pleased. She wouldn't, she liked to keep her distance with others. The dark huntress only interacted on formal matters of trading or things like this pertaining to basic survival and common needs.

Picking up half the meats, she sought out a stream to wash these off before preparing them to be cooked. The loner was no stranger to a classic raw meal, but the smoky flavor of the meat once cooked and the odd flavor was always appreciated when ever possible. It was also safer then eating the meat raw, as she had heard rumors of canines getting sick from bad meat. After they had this meal, Khyren would smoke the rest later.

Kotori hopped along behind the dark woman, keeping his sharp hazel eyes on the playful Red with his beak parted ever so slightly, ready to hiss if the fox got to close. He was interested in meat, not getting bothered by amother annoying creature.
Khyren
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Ben
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:02 pm

"W-well,"Dalia paused and took the knife and sighed as she started striking the knife and the arrow, which caused sparks to shoot off. Red whimpered and backed away, afraid as she always was when she witnessed Dalia performing new acts such as this. Eventually she got a small fire started and she blew on it gently to feed it, then she started gradually piling on larger sticks and logs until it was large enough to sustain its flame for a long while. Dalia then placedthe knife down next to Khyran and started moving the wood around with another stick.

A bit sensitive on the subject of Aliyah, Dalia took a deep breath and sighed,"I....well....have a good friend there who’s helped me a lot. I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t feel a bit passionate about them and....I like them, like I like like them." She blushed as she admitted this and giggled nervously a bit then looked back towards the fire and said,"I personally hate the pack a bit, but their passionate about it, and I personally can’t feel mad about that towards them, or mad at all. Oh if only they were a luperci and not just a coywolf." Dalia stared off into the fire for a moment then sighed and shook her head back into focus on Khyren and said,"I just can’t leave someone like that behind, you know?"

Word count: 254

Ooc: No prob

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Khyren herself had left someone behind when she left. A frog in her throat, she remembered him fondly. The only male she truly trusted, and she left without even saying goodbye. It filled her with regret and guilt. The pain of saying goodbye no longer compared to the pain she felt from not doing so. Dalia had someone to stay for, wh6 had Khyren not done so? The dark huntress felt her limbs weaken with the strings that tugged at her heart. "I cannot just leave someone like that behind you know..." Yet Khyren had done just that.

After she was finished listening to Dalia, she gave her own input. "I can understand that," and left to find a stream. Looking back at Kotori, she snapped her fingers and nodded her head up ahead. "Find water." She commanded in a speech the owl could understand. Lowering her arm, the spunky great horned owl hopped onto it and the large woman tossed him into the air where he flapped his wings and glided to the nearest tree. Kotori then continued to dive and glide his way quickly tree to tree, searching for water.

A tired smile was on her maw as Khyren walked swiftly through the undergrowth. She tried not to think about anything and just walked, smelling for a stream. The scent of water sent her in the same direction her bird companion set off and minutes later she found Kotori drinking from a small stream.

Further down the stream, the dark loner put the meat slabs one at a time in the water; washing away blood and dirt from its surfaces. Keeping her claws dug into the flesh with one hand, she rubbed the tender venison with her other. A trail of blood clouded the water down stream and turned it a grim scarlet. Clots of blood and dirt caught on rocks and fallen branches in the water, leaving streamers of red ribbons trailing in the swift current. Finishing off, tossing each slab onto one crook of her arm, the woman washed the grim from her hands and benieth her claws thurally before heading back. Kotori climbed up a tree and followed to her right, gliding back and forth between branches, keeping pace with his mistress.

Back at their small fire, she was happy to see a well made fire blooming with light. "Here," She handed one slab to Dalia. "Thank you," Khyren spoke with genuine gratitude on her face. The coyote woman could cook it as she pleased while Khyren layed a few on the backs of logs to cook and crisp.

First Cadet (NPC)
Ben
Luperci

Dead Topics