But I see it now, I'm learning your lesson

Dahlia | Dampwoods

POSTED: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 am

(315)

OOC text

It was all so stupid. The people, the place, the culture. Just all of it, all of it was stupid. Especially that arrogant red-haired wannabe prince. Even though Arlen had nothing to do with the boy's current irritation - for once - he still kept coming into the dark boy's mind. Rumpa knew that Arlen wasn't the reason he'd so woefully failed his first blood, but he wanted someone to blame. And hey, the Stryder always had a penchant for blaming Rumpa for stuff he didn't do, so might as well return the favor right?

Rumpa's shoulder's shivered beneath his thin fur and even thinner makeshift tunic. He was certain it was a throwback trait from some long-forgotten ancestor, for he clearly remembered his father having a thick, plush coat. The sun hid deep beneath the clouds, denying him what warmth it could have offered. Just another reason for the rich, red wool he hid in the pack on his back. It had taken him a while to collect the necessary resources to trade for the finer quality fabric, and he justified the small thefts around the courthouse as karma for how he and his sister had been treated all of their youth. If they weren't going to let the Nightshades into their exclusive little cavalier club, then the Nightshades would make their own.

A cold gust of wind caught the yearling by surprise, lifting his tapered braid into the air and knocking his strange black hat off of his head. He scrambled with arms held forward to catch it, but it tumbled away and he landed on his hands and knees, the former being scraped with bark and pebbles. The black hat slowly rolled to a stop a few yards away, but Rum paused to wince at his hands, the blood just beginning to seep through the new abrasions. "Well this is just great."

Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Kris
Luperci Nightshade Blood: This Tainted Love

POSTED: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Innocence, once lost, can never be regained
Darkness, once gazed upon, can never be lost

OOC: +300 words.

The Dampwoods were becoming a regular place to go, not for just Dahlia, but her sister as well. Of course, the latter of the two still would not come without the company of her sister. The most Faith was willing to go on her own was along the shore and Amherst. Anything past that and she would be a mess of fear. One thing was for certain, it was good to at least see some kind of progress in her sister's recovery. There was still a long road head of them.. and with the news they were dealing with now.. it was only going to get rougher from here.

The coyote girl padded through the lines of trees, the wind biting at her back. There was only so much her small items of clothing could do for warmth. Unlike the mix of breeds when it came to her sisters, the younger sibling was stuck with a much more coyote look, having a father that was so much more coyote than Basilio seemed to be. It never was nice when the colder weather started to roll in.

Green gaze focused head of her as she noticed a piece of clothing tumbling along the ground. It was black, and looked like there was a small piece that stretched out longer than the rest. Shifting her head, she could see someone else in the distance, chasing after this thing before falling right into the ground. One ear pulled back to the sight. Sucks to be him.

Dahlia carefully paced herself along the path, one hand reaching down to grab the hat before she padded over to the male. Her arms crossed, though the hand over her shoulder held out the hat to him, "You know, maybe you should be more careful when it comes to your things. Not something to injure yourself over."

Dahlia de le Poer

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:31 pm

(220)

OOC text

Rum's red eyes glared daggers towards the woman who held his had out towards him. He dabbed his hands on the edge of his tunic before snatching his hat away from her. He wasn't too worried about the state of the shirt he wore, but the hat? He didn't want to chance staining it.

Scowling, he jammed the hat back on his head before glancing back over to the woman. And then glancing again. Immediately, a familiar knot began to form in the bottom of his stomach. "Y-yeah?" Gulping the tightness in his throat away, all thoughts of a witty comeback vanished. "Good point."

If anyone from Casa were to see him now, he'd be the absolute laughing stock of the pack. As if he wasn't that already. The name he bore carried an unpleasant weight in his pack. One that would only be more difficult to shake now that both he and his sister had failed their coming of age rites. It seemed his family just had a knack for ruining good impressions.

"I... Er… My- never mind." The yearling dejectedly stared at his feet. He'd never been a smooth talker, but after the embarrassment the pretty girl had just witnessed, he could never make up for that. "I'm just - I'm just gonna go now. Nice meeting you?"

Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Kris

POSTED: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:41 pm

OOC: +200 words.

Dahlia was taken back a bit when the male snatched the hat from her hand. She had only been trying to be helpful in getting the item for him, seeing as he had seemed to have given up when he fell face first. Once he had taken the hat back from her, her hands moved along her hips, green eyes narrowing back at the male's own red ones. Who was he to be making such a fuss about things? He really should have been the one thanking her.

Maybe it was better if she had just kept on walking.

Once the male straightened himself up, something seemed to click in his head. His entire demeanor changed in that instant, something she couldn't quite figure out. If he had been so upset with her before, then what changed? Her hands remained where they were, though her eyebrow rose instead of her eyes narrowing more. Well this was certainly nicer than it was before.

He had begun to speak again, but was lost in what to say, he was about to just walk away, trying to give some kind of parting words. Arms moved up, crossing along her chest as she gave a shrug, "Yeah, nice to meet you I guess. So that's it then? Just going to go on ahead? Are you sure you aren't going to just lose your hat again? Might be better to stay here until the weather gets a bit better hmm?"

Just a suggestion of course. It wasn't like he was bound to stay there with her.

Dahlia de le Poer

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:06 pm

(262)

OOC text

Rum's attempted escape was cut short by her words. She was talking to him, speaking to him, attempting to hold a conversation. Why couldn't he just turn around and answer her? Say something nice back maybe? He never had this problem talking to Mercy, but any other girl his age? It was a miracle he could say anything at all in reality.

With a sigh, he turned around slowly, biting his bottom lip. His eyes trailed across her muzzle, her cheeks, anywhere but her eyes. "Uh... Sure." Ahem "I could do that."

Nervously, he pulled the offending hat back off of his head and smooshed the softer fabric pieces in his hands, wringing it tightly as he could without destroying it. The dryness in his mouth only grew more prevalent the longer he waited for the words to come to him. Surely he could say something. What would Mercy say? No, that's a bad idea. What would uhhhh, Damon? Yeah, Damon would be okay.

"Erm, I'm...sorry. About being rude... before." The words were slow and shaky in coming, but the apology was genuine. If only it could be smooth too. "I'm, uh, Rum. I'm from Casa. You from around here, maybe?"

The girl seemed about his age. If her pack was anything like his - because of course she had to have a pack - then she was probably from near by. There wasn't anything strictly against wandering far away, but those his age were encouraged to stay nearby. Or at least, he was. But maybe that was just him and his luck.

Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Kris

POSTED: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:41 pm

OOC: +300 words.

Dahlia wasn't really sure what this guy's problem was. At least when he was being rude to her, he was saying things in a complete sentence. Now that she was actually interested in trying to converse with him... and wanting to wait out the storm herself... it seemed like he either couldn't find the right words to say, or had just grown so nervous that he couldn't get them out. Was it because of something she had said? Was it because of some sort of look about her? Maybe the spiked collar? It was the only thing she could think of that might have been a bit intimidating.

Arms crossed as the coyote waited patiently for him. He, now Rum, was at least able to gather his thoughts enough. Must have been just nervousness since now some of his confidence was coming back. That name though, Casa... it was unfamiliar to her. Of course, Inferni wasn't the only clan around, she knew that with the knowledge of Salsola and Cour des Miracles which she had heard about when their mother spoke of another war the clan took part in, but this one was new, "Never heard of Casa before."

Moving on from that, he had asked if she was from this area. Giving a shake of her head, Dahlia turned her gaze towards the east, "No. Back the way I came is a long range of mountains. I live on the other side of those mountains. I like to come over this way though to spend time with my former clan mates. This a small group of them living in this area. Don't suppose you have seen any of them then?"

Now this was much better. At least the trees gave good coverage from the rain. It would die down soon enough, but until then, at least now she had something to help pass the time.

Dahlia de le Poer

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:11 pm

(242)

OOC text

"Never heard of- Well, it's that way a few hours' walk, I guess." He pointed dazedly in the direction he'd come from. The whole small talk thing had always been a mystery to him and he'd never been good at it. All his failings seemed to be out in full force today.

She explained where she had come from and the boy nodded with a glazed stare, uncertain of what she was talking about. He only knew that she spoke, though a few words slipped in here and there. She seemed to prefer the word clan over pack, though he wasn't entire certain of a difference. If there was one, he didn't know it.

"I mean, I wouldn't really know if anyone I met were your clanmates even if I had," he shrugged apologetically. "But I haven't seen a small group of luperci out here."

With her question answered, he found himself staring at his feet, at a loss for what to say. As if a gift from heaven above, a beam of light pierced through the clouds and hit the ground in front of him. His red gaze followed it and he was struck by the realization that the steady drizzle had finally ended. "Well, the weather cleared. I think, I think I should head out now. Thanks!"

He lifted a single hand to her as he left without another word. He was ready to be done with the awkward encounter.

Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Kris

Dead Topics