Re: Quiet Water

Wooded outskirts of Halifax

POSTED: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:27 pm

OOC :: Words→ 252

Nayavota played with her hair and listened intently to the hybrid woman. Keelan looked so different than the other women Nayavota knew. A few Cavaliers cut their manes short—Mercy, Night, and Morty came to mind—but it wasn’t the norm. Not even the men did, with few exceptions. Long manes were just… Normal in Casa. Naya liked short, messy hair, but she didn’t dare try it herself. She’d just look… Silly

The silver girl grinned as Keelan described her first love, a young woman named Anna. Nayavota wondered what she looked like; was she a hybrid, too? Whatever she looked like, she was probably strong and daring and… Selfless. Naya’s childlike wonder turned to anger and disappointment as Keelan’s story continued. She frowned and rested her head against the mottled hybrid’s side. She’d been scared about Mama’s reaction, too. Maybe it wasn’t exactly what Mama was expecting, but Naya knew the warrior woman would never betray her trust—not on purpose, anyway.

”Dat’s not right,” Nayavota said, at a loss for more poignant words. ”My Mama… I don’t tink she understands, but she tries.” She’d never experienced the kind of pain and loss Keelan felt. Even at her family’s worst, they were still the best, most trustworthy people Naya knew. ”No one in Casa cares dat I like girls. Dey still love me, just da way I am.” She wished Keelan’s family could feel the same way.

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Alexander
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:38 am

Keelan stared down at the girl leaning against her side, trying to figure out why she’d opened up to her so much. Usually, she preferred to listen to others, hiding her own feelings away. Shifting to wrap an arm around Nayavota’s shoulders, the hybrid mused that the last person she had opened up to so easily had been Anna. She gazed out at the gray rain-soaked land around them as she tried to figure out what had reminded her of the coyote. She’d been sweet in her own way, yes, but she was also brash and even reckless at times. The girl by her side didn’t seem to be either of those things.

She shifted her attention back down towards Nayavota as she began to speak, mentally pushing away her thoughts as she did. Her sympathy caused a touch of Keelan’s pensive mood to fade but the pale wolf dog’s explanation of her own family's, her own mother’s, reaction brought a soft smile to her face. "I’m glad that your family still supports and loves you, little one, even if they don’t entirely understand." Keelan paused for a moment and squeezed the girl to her, careful to use only a fraction of her strength. "Enough sadness sweetheart, tell me, why are you out here all by yourself?"

Words: 217
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Mia
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:04 pm

OOC :: Words→ 207

”Dey’d like you. You’re strong,” Nayavota said, smiling up at Keelan Not just her family, but Casa as a whole. The pack was always in need of strong, capable warriors. Some enemies hid in the dark corners of the world, but others built kingdoms around their crimes; the more Cavaliers to fight them, the better. ”I’m glad, too,” she finally said, brushing a strand of long, pale hair out of her face.

Keelan’s next question caught Nayavota off guard. “I just like da rain,” she explained as she stared out at the water. There was something relaxing about the hazy lakeshore. Naya watched the rainstorm start to dissipate in the distance, revealing patches of blue-gray sky. “It’s really loud and really quiet at da same time.” The whole world became quiet for storms, at least until the clouds broke. Then, frogs and water birds joined the great, gray din. It sounded like music to Naya—a choir just for her.

The silver girl turned back to Keelan and stared at her for a moment. ”You should join Casa,” Nayavota said in a matter-of-fact tone, ”No one would judge you dere.” Keelan deserved support and acceptance, not judgment or scorn.

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Alexander
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Keelan starred out at the slowly clearing storm, waiting for Nayavota's response. She felt a bit awkward after telling her so much about her life but tried not to show it. The female liked the yearling, she was sweet and kind, so she would do her best not to regret confiding in her. Privacy was usually rather important to her, so speaking so honestly with a perfect stranger was just plain odd.

The younger luperci's remark that her family would like her brought a soft smile to her face. The praise for her strength was always welcome, especially from a pretty girl. As she continued on, speaking of her liking for rain, Keelan enjoyed the emerging scent of wet earth. "I like the rain too, little one." She glanced down at Nayavota and continued, "the world always seems calmer after a shower like this."

Her statement that she should join Casa, that no one would judge her there, startled Keelan for a moment. Smile growing a little wider, she murmured softly, "Now there's an idea." She looked away for a moment, focusing on the lakeshore as she did. "It might be nice to have a place to belong again, but I'd have to think on it a bit more."
Words: 209
Casa di Cavalieri
Recruit
Mia
Luperci

Seabreeze Brink