[M] - Another Day on the Job

[p] - Aldora Halifax

POSTED: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:33 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Eros was struggling with pack life. It hadn’t been this hard in Krokar, they were a far more relaxed group of folk, and mostly left Eros to his own devices. In Casa though, things were very different, and it involved family, which complicated things further. Tonight though, it wasn’t about the pack, tonight was about his life as a loner, and his job. Eros’s talents, though he’d not told Casa about them, were highly sought after in the neutral territories. Without the stability of pack, loner society could be pretty fractious and Eros was more than willing to take advantage of that.

Three nights ago, he’d come down from one of his fuck buddies to find a note held wit the barman. To anyone else it would have been a limp piece of a paper with a strand of hair on it, but Eros recognised it. His feelings about it were mixed. There was excitement because the fiery pelted Damaichu knew that there was a job in the offing, but he was in a pack now, things had changed. It was a short conflict though, easily won by the loner inside of him. Why did the pack have to know? What business was it of theirs anyway? And the jobs paid very well, food, drugs, booze and the sex after a job, Eros’s eyes nearly rolled back in his head just thinking about it. So he’d kept the paper, rolling into a joint and smoking it, knowing that he would remember the details without it.

Tonight was the night he was going to meet with a representative the folks that liked to contract him. Eros, doing Casa a favour, at least that’s what he told himself, had expunged the pack sent from himself, made sure his knives were sharp and left his room beneath the courthouse. Of course, the only reason anyone would know it was Eros’s room was because it was marked down somewhere. The fiery Damaichu had no personal effects, his scent didn’t linger in the place, and the bed appeared unslept in, other than a few shed hairs, there was nothing to say that a Luperci lived it.

Now he leaned against a tree, a lit joint between his fingers as he watched people coming in and out. He was meant to be waiting in the bar, but Eros rarely listened to those exact instructions, a trait that had saved his life once or twice in the past.

”Bingo.” Eros whispered to himself as he spotted something.

The Luperci almost could have passed for one of the rest, but her posture was just a little too practised, and the way she walked gave away the fact she was a trained fighter. Before the female disappeared int other building, Eros gave a sharp whistle.

”Hi, I’m here babe.” Eros never used ‘babe’ but he was pretty sure it was something that would piss this Luperci off and an angry opponent makes mistakes. As she moved towards him, Eros took her in. She was slim, and young, perhaps six months his junior. She moved with a confident grace, that hinted at barely contained danger, Eros thought he might have a semi from that alone. If Eros had hoped his comment would knock her of her game, he was mistaken. The female stopped in front of him, composed and professional, she wore no clothes, and carried a slim bag slung over her shoulder, which clearly contained emergency rations for her journey.

”Are you Eros.” The female asked when she got to him.

”I am, a pleasure to meet you…?” He raised an eyebrow leaving the invitation to introduce herself unspoken. She was a few inches shorter than him, with grey and blue hair which matched the rest of her pelt. Her eyes were a deep green, not showy, but intelligent and sharp.

”My name is Isabel, and I’ve come looking for you because there’s a job we’d like to hire you for. Usual rewards, doubled if it can be done in two nights, a mother and daughter.”

Isabel looked for a flicker of a tell on Eros’s face, but the only screaming sign he was giving off was that he was interested in her.

”Are you part of the reward?”

Eros asked raising his eyebrows.

A mocking expulsion of air came from Isabel, but she made no other attempts to answer.

Eros always hated it when it was just business, but tonight it looked like that’s all it was going ot be, at least between the two of them.

”Okay, let me know where they will be, and is there anything specific way of dying we’re talking?”

Eros had learned that some Luperci liked folks to know that it had been order, other’s enjoyed concealing the fact, and still more needed it to stay a secret for their own reasons. Eros was good at his job, and he had good relations with his customers, mainly because he didn’t ask questions, not because he was particularly worried about their business or appearing professional, but he wasn’t interested. How did they want it done, to whom and for how much, that’s all he basically needed to know. Seemed like this was going to be exactly the same as any other job he got.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Draiko

POSTED: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:50 pm

aldora knight
Stone and feather, move outside your head

Aldora finished putting her extremely long and heavy mane into thick braids, hanging somewhat pendulous off the back of her head. It really was starting to get out of hand, but as long as she could put it away like this, should could not bear the thought of cutting it.

The Lionheart had just bathed, and was sitting at the old vanity in her room, looking at herself in the dingy and cracked mirror it sported. On her face was set hard lines, for she was preparing herself for the confrontation to come. She was going to speak to Eros about his recent transgressions.

She had been putting this off for far too long, and she had told herself that it was out of love that she had done so. But now she could no longer ignore her duty to her brother and her pack; Eros has attacked Theo at the ball Cours des Miracles had hosted, and had not yet made the necessary steps to absolve himself of his crime. She intended to make sure that now he did.

Taking a deep breath and then letting it out slowly, Aldora stood and then exited her and her father’s home, and headed towards the Courthouse. She had gone over what she was going to say to him again and again in her mind, practiced the tone of voice, the way she would posture, to make him realize that this was serious stuff.

Confidently, she headed down into the basement that held various pack-member’s quarters, and strode straight to his door. She knocked loudly, Eros, it’s Aldora. She nearly shouted, just in case he was sleeping.

No answer.

Her brow furrowed and she knocked again, Eros?; still no answer. Trying the door revealed it to be unlocked; she peeked inside and found it empty.

Swinging the door open fully, she huffed as she surveyed the empty room, and then was about to leave when something caught her attention. Something here was off; that earthy smell of the outside world was fresh, and the room left as if it had never been lived in, not even a wrinkle on the bed-covers. She stared at it a bit longer, her furrowed brow changing into an full-on scowl, and she shut the door. Eros was gone, and Aldora feared, for good.

She had to chase him down, she could not let him go, not like this.

Aldora would be able to track him; it would be difficult because he had disguised his scent and had probably moved quickly, but she could track him.

And track him she did; out of the Fort, out of Casa, into Halifax. Aldora’s scent was also somewhat hidden because of her recent bath, but the keen nose could still reveal her to be of Casa. She had taken the time to grab her bow and a knife, just in case, but other than that, as long as she kept a low profile, no one should bother her.

Halifax was dangerous, especially at night. Seedy vagrants and criminals frequented this place, but also just regular travelers and those looking for trade. It was still relatively quiet, as spring had not fully come, and so many remained south of ‘Souls until the weather warmed.

Aldora followed her brother’s trail to what seemed to be a tavern of sorts; she could smell the stench of alcohol nearly a mile away. She remained in the darkness of the trees, lavender gaze searching for a red pelt. Luckily it was easy to find.

Eros stood near a tree, speaking to a gray female with dyed blue hair. The Lionheart hesitated moving forward and confronting him, instead, she trained her ears to their words, filtering out the sounds of the bar and other Luperci.

(+6) ooc goes here

Casa di Cavalieri
Pack Advisor
Nat
Spotlight Soul Luperci Artisan (Vocals), Hunter goose slayer

POSTED: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Isabel closed her eyes and shook her head, strands of hair coming losing and falling to frame her face as she did so.

”How they die isn’t important, just that they are dead, and the sooner the better, hence the incentive. Of course, no payment without proof buut-“

Eros didn’t let her finish.

”I’m not some sloppy idiot, I know the drill, that’s why you pay me what you do. Get me their scents and locations, leave them behind the bar with one of your people, I’ll be back here to collect them.”

Eros’s tone held a little pique at the assumption that he needed his job explaining to him. Isabel wore an amused smile. She nodded though, her eyes sliding to one side.

”It looks like you have an admirer.” Isabel said, managing to make the phrase sound salacious.

The fiery pelted Damaichu turned and met his sister’s gaze. Displaying his consummate ability to dissemble and lie, he managed a wolfish grin.

”If we’re finished here?” he raised a questioning eyebrow ”duty calls?”

Isabel chuckled, touched his arm lightly, gave Aldora a parting look, before turning and walking away. Eros watched her leave for a moment before turning and walking towards his younger sister. His manner was relaxed, and the easy smile lasted until he was close, he gave her an appraising look, more for the benefit of anyone watching than any sexual desire.

”What the hell are you doing here Aldora?” Eros asked, his voice cast low. ”I want to believe you’re just here to have some fun, but I’ve got a horrible feeling, knowing the knight in you, you’re going to say you followed me here.”

To an onlooker he casually wrapped an arm around her, leaning in as they walked away. He could tell by the tension he felt in her that she was about to speak, or possibly growl at him. Pre-emptively he spoke.

”You’re absolutely the boss in this situation, and you definitely outrank me, when we’re out of here I lie down on my back and you can put your knife at my throat. Just right now though, we have to act calm and relaxed. I’m sure the screaming at one another will start when we’re back home. I know I’m fucking pissed you followed me.”
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Draiko

POSTED: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:56 pm

aldora knight

She felt her mouth grow dry as she listened to their conversation. She was no fool, she knew what was happening here. In her chest, anger and hurt built to a head. If Aldora had not been a stronger wolf, the wolf she had recently become, she may have exited and returned back to the Fort defeated and stabbed in the heart.

But with age came strength, even if that strength meant facing head on the villain her blood-kin was. She had hoped against hope that Eros was starting to turn around, to tap into a part of himself she had sworn was there. The words that left his cream lips basically shattered any hope she had created.

No longer caring if he saw her or not, Aldora stood fully, staring at him. His female companion noticed her immediately, and their conversation, their deal, complete, she was quick to leave. Eros’ face did not give away any surprise when looked at his siter, and once the female left to enter the bar, he strode up to the Lionheart confidently, a small smirk on his face.

As he approached, Aldora slowly crossed her arms over her ample chest, the well-defined muscles of her archer arms bulging. His face quickly turned sour, though he wrapped an arm around her shoulder as to not draw any unwanted attention to them.

His closeness hurt her again, like one of his sharp daggers to her heart, but she remained composed, her lips iron-tight as he tried to placate her would-be fury.

He also, in hushed tones, made it abundantly clear that he was unhappy that she had followed him.

Lavender eyes, usually soft like a spring blossom, turned vicious with venom as she looked into her brother’s golden gaze. She kept silent, her expression saying more than any words could. Even if she wanted to say something, to yell at him, she knew it would do no good. She had already tried those tactics, and they did not work on the fiery pelted male.

The sharpness in her gaze finally melted away into sadness; if she could cry, she would, and she knew he would be able to see that in the way her body changed. Her dominant posture disintegrated, and she shrugged off his arm, and turned her back to him.

It was all pretend… wasn’t it? She said, not looking at him, You don’t care about Casa, or your family… you don’t care about me.

She looked at him, dead-pan, save for the anguish and utter disappointment in her eyes, I should have never trusted you.

(+3) ooc goes here

Casa di Cavalieri
Pack Advisor
Nat

POSTED: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:33 pm

The pair had moved a distance from the tavern, Eros feeling the tension through his sister. He was waiting for the angry berating, preparing for it in fact. When she shrugged off his arm and didn’t look at him, he felt sharp words spring to his lips, words which died on his tongue as that anger vanished and was replaced instead by hurt as he watched his sister’s posture change completely. This was inevitable wasn’t it? Whenever things started to change, he eventually managed to screw it up. Eros had thought he’d learned his lesson, but Casa, bloody Casa, had been a stupid mistake.

As Aldora spoke, Eros felt the response that wold quickly end the conversation and have his family pull away from him. It would be very easy, he was very good at ending relationships, but he didn’t want to this time. Casa was where his family was and, despite how stupid it sounded, he wanted to be with them, but he had his own life as well. How could he have both things?

Eros had heard similar words from folk before, about trust, but never had they been so painful to hear. The fiery pelted male felt as though his sister had struck him, and he took a small step backwards, for once, struggling to think of anything to say.

”I never lied to you.” Eros said at last, his tone devoid of the smartass swagger he so often had about him.

”I think that Casa is full of people who see the world as they want it to be, not as it is, but…” He paused, turning away, embarrassed. ”Damnit, I can’t believe you’re going to make me say it, but of course I care about you, and my family.”

He shrugged at her slumped back, feeling as he did when New Dawn exiled him, there was a hole in his gut that pride and swagger would eventually fill.

”If you don’t trust me though, does it matter what I say? If you don’t want me around Aldora, then tell me to go, and I will. It’s not safe for you here though, so whatever you decide, you shouldn’t stay here.”

Eros stood, waiting silently for his sister’s response.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Draiko

POSTED: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:13 pm

aldora knight

He was silent for just a moment, and for that moment Aldora believed her might just wave her off. That would prove it.

But he didn’t, instead, he said with a resolve she had never heard before, that he had not lied to her. Aldora turned and looked him, her lavender gaze searching his face for any hint of dishonesty, and found none. Her flattened ears chanced to erect themselves as he continued to speak, and admitted that he did care about her and about their family. Once again, he seemed sincere, and she knew him well enough to realize how difficult of a confession that was.

The Knight woman was about to smile, her broken tail itched to wag, but then he retreated back into himself and suggested she leave, that it was not safe for her here, as if she was some child.

Her previous slight forgotten, and a new one emerging, she glowered at him again. Not safe for me? She said, and then quickly and without warning, drew her bow, knocked an arrow, and fired just over Eros’ shoulder.

There was a gasp and a ‘thonk’ as the arrow hit a nearby tree, behind which a male dog had been standing for quite some time. Aldora had noticed him at the same time she had arrived, and would have not worried about him had he not lingered and then followed Eros and Aldora further away from the bar. Maybe he had just been eavesdropping, but she kept an eye on him, even during her emotional confrontation with her brother. Not soon after Eros had started to speak did Aldora notice the stranger pull a knife, clumsily so, his eyes trained on the red-furred man.

Clearly, Eros had enemies, and he dared to assume that it was she that was unsafe. Her point had been made, that arrow could have easily gone into the would-be assassins eye-socket instead of the bark of the tree; he was quick to high-tail it out of there.

Aldora gave Eros a hard look, We’re family, we watch each other’s back, right? But we also don’t put ourselves in situations where we could get killed - there’s a reason we choose to be in a pack, so that we have support and back up.

Aldora crossed her arms again, Eros, you obviously have skills that are in high demand; why offer them to this riff-raff? The members of Casa needs you to work for them, for us… what did you come here hoping to gain that the pack can’t give you ten-fold?

(+4) ooc goes here

Casa di Cavalieri
Pack Advisor
Nat

POSTED: Thu May 09, 2019 4:21 pm

As Aldora drew her bow, Eros felt the world slow. Training and instinct twisted about one another, assessing the threat. His golden gaze watched her eyes, her stance and saw the tension of different muscles. All that information and more was gained in an instant, and process in another fraction. Meaning that when his sister fired her arrow, which passed so close he heard its hum, Eros did not flinch, merely twisted to watch the trajectory. The young assassin was an unknown to Eros, but it didn’t stop the swell of anger from sweeping over him. He drew a knife, and would have pursued, but the knowledge that Aldora was still standing there, waiting for his answer, gave him pause. Instead the fiery pelted male strode forward and took in a deep breath of the other’s scent, remembering it for later. Eros turned his attention to the arrow, buried in the tree then, and his expression became implacable.

”I’d never have missed that before I’d come to Casa.”

The words were spoken quietly, as if Eros were thinking aloud. There was also no accusation in his tone. For a moment his gaze was directed at the arrow and then grew distant. Perhaps, to someone who knew him, it might be clear that Eros was proving to himself that he should always remain a loner, to grow reliant or comfortable would only invite expectations, which inevitably be misplaced. Eros turned to Aldora.

”You smell like Casa, and now you’ve been talking to me. Worse that little dip shit will go and tell someone before I can stop him. Vulnerability to a loner is something that can be exploited Aldora. I hope that little fuck got well paid, because when I find him I’ll make sure he gives me the names of the people that hired him. Folks have a way of saying they can’t possibly tell me anything, but when they find out I don’t care, they get pretty chatty very quickly.”

Aldora’s final question, the one he’d just sidestepped, popped into his head, nagging at him. Of course, he could just give his sister his smart ass response, so he did.

”Riff raff pays pretty well, and don’t get all up tight what I smoke and where I smoke it.”

For a moment a wolfish grin lit Eros’s face, but it faded slowly as he looked at Aldora, or perhaps Minnie was having a very undesirable effect on him.

”Casa will eventually not work out. Something will happen. I’ll do the wrong thing or someone else will, and Luca will get rid of me. It’s fun living there now, but come on, we both know I’m nothing like what Casa stands for. If I keep working for the loners at least I’ll have, an exit strategy. Besides, you pack wolves are all looking at yourselves and other packs, I like to keep my ear to the ground, listening to what’s going on with the loners.”

Eros concluded, not able to keep the deep and meaningful going for too long without feeling uncomfortable.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Draiko

POSTED: Thu May 09, 2019 5:28 pm

aldora knight

She saw the way Eros moved towards the tree, the way he hadn’t reacted to her nearly firing an arrow right into his face, the way he drew his knife. He knew what he was doing, he was very good at what he did, but that did not make him any less of a fool.

Aldora had to keep from letting out an exasperated sigh as he tried to justify his choices; hollow justifications in her mind. But she listened, as he said now they knew Casa was involved due to her scent. She slung her bow back over her shoulder casually, I don’t think we have anything to worry about. She said matter-of-factly. Maybe that was pride, but it wasn’t misplaced; Aldora had seen Casa’s might in their battle against the Syndicate; she had little doubt they would be able to handle anything a band of assassin loners had to throw at them.

At his mention of Casa’s paying attention only to packs and not caring about loners, she made a face. There are few packs now. She said softly, and then, looking thoughtfully to the side, I don’t disagree with you on that, Eros. I think perhaps Casa is a little bit old-fashioned in that regard; it’s obvious that loners are more organized than they may have been in the past. She said this while gesturing to the bar, glowing some ways away in the tree-line. The sound of raucous laughter, and general conversation, could be heard; this was more than just a makeshift watering hole; there was commerce happening here, camaraderie, organization of a kind never associated with loners.

The Lionheart crossed her arms again when Eros stated that Casa wouldn’t work out for him, that eventually he’d go back to this life, I believe that would be a mistake. She said, then turned to him again and put a hand on his shoulder, You sell yourself too short, brother. And I think maybe you think Casa is more restrictive than it is. You could be our line to the loners, someone of great importance. Is that something that even remotely interests you? She asked.

(+3) ooc goes here

Casa di Cavalieri
Pack Advisor
Nat

POSTED: Sat May 11, 2019 11:05 am

Eros’s golden gaze shifted to the hand Aldora had placed on his shoulder. His ears twitched as he listened to her words. The fiery pelted Damaichu grappled with warring parts of himself, as well as very different emotions. This was all Minnie’s fault. Minnie and Aldora were tag-teaming him, trying to break him down, and worst of all, there was a part of Eros that wanted to be broken down, he was a traitor to himself. He did his best to summon up the cocksure swagger which seemed permanently at his beck and call, but it didn’t come. There was no doubt it’d come back, but right now, there was just Eros, standing in front of his sister.

Eros reached up to take Aldora’s hand from his shoulder, but instead he covered it with his own, feeling the warmth in it and the familiarity of it. He closed his eyes for a long blink and released a deep sigh.

”I came back to Casa because…” because Krokar had gone? Because Altair had made him realise something? ”Because I wanted to be with family again. I just seem to have forgotten how to be a pack wolf. There’s some other shit as well, but, I think that’s enough crap to be getting on with.”

Again he paused, as though he’d finished speaking, but still he didn’t let go of Aldora’s hand that still rested on his shoulder.

”I’ve never been that reliable with my family. Rock solid with clients, but family is where I tend to fuck up. I can try to be that line between Casa and the Loners. I’m guessing you’d like me to stop taking contracts well too right? Just, I’m very good at it, if you want to know how good, I’m a fucking red wolf and I can disappear in a green forest.”

Eros felt raw, exposed and very uncomfortable. He was used to cracking wise or trying to charm the literal pants off of someone. Conversations like this one…They were few and far between. These were real conversations, and one Eros avoided.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Draiko

POSTED: Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 pm

aldora knight

Eros was growing, she saw it happening before her very eyes. Already he had changed so much, in the past he would have not allowed her to touch him so familiarly for so long. But now, he even reciprocated by placing his hand on her own gently, physical confirmation of Casa’s influence on him, of her influence on him.

It was a metamorphosis that she knew was especially painful for the male who had lived the majority of his life like a leaf on the wind; going wherever he will and doing whatever he please.

When he finally admitted his reasoning for coming to Casa di Cavalieri, the child in her wanted to shout ‘I KNEW IT!’ but instead she just smiled warmly at him, her lavender eyes bright with pride and joy, Being a pack wolf is in our blood, but so is messing shit up. You’ve heard the tales of our grandfather Zalen; he somehow managed to run an entire pack while being especially feral and often make choices that many thought to be inappropriate for an Alpha.

He was willing to try, and that was all that mattered. Aldora knew her brother enough to know when he put his mind to something, he could achieve it. Maybe not with as much grace or civility as others in the pack of knights, but sometimes it took someone who had no problem getting their hands dirty to get the job done.

Aldora slid her hand from under his and clapped him on the shoulder, You are a sneaky little thing, you get that from grandpa too, but maybe even better since you’re basically on fire all the time. She chuckled, I’m okay with you still taking contract, Eros, but maybe not ones that require you to kill people? Or steal? Or do anything that there’s no reason for you to. She suddenly moved towards the bar, out of the darkness of the trees, How about a drink? Maybe we can discuss ‘contracts’ that may help out Casa, and the loners, hm? She grinned.

(+3) trying to wind this down

Casa di Cavalieri
Pack Advisor
Nat

Dead Topics